Phoenix Suns

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    without Nash or Diaw. [face_plain]

not making excuses or anything... but as weak as the suns bench is, it gets even weaker when you start having to go deeper into it. :p
  2. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    yeah, well we were without P.J Brown. 'nuff said.
  3. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    [face_plain]

PJ Brown =/= back to back MVP+most improved player
  4. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
  5. Boomer_Athena Jedi Master

star 4
    Mavs > than both of your teams. :cool:
  6. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    for now, obviously. but if nowitzki went down, i don't think the mavericks would be doing so hot either.

So long as his injury isn't serious/chronic, the rest Nash is getting will benefit him come May. This is a serious breather he's getting, and at maybe the best time for it.
  7. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    Monster game from Stoudemire tonight: 43 points, 16 rebounds, 6 assists and 3 blocks (and just one turnover). He also had a thunderous dunk over Josh Smith (who got some form of payback shortly thereafter), and a circus shot to remember.

An extremely entertaining second half, with highlights from both teams.
  8. New_York_Jedi Force Ghost

star 6
    Amare was averaging 27 and 12 in February even before last night. I guess he's back to full strength.
  9. Zizz Jedi Master

star 4
    Scary team with Amare playing the way he is. And VERY underrated defensively. They aren't at the top of the league at that end, but they certainly aren't at the bottom either.

At full strength, I'd pick them to win over Dallas in a 7-game series.
  10. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    stoudemire's dunk over josh smith: http://youtube.com/watch?v=X_8XTrpeX-s&mode=related&search=
  11. Boomer_Athena Jedi Master

star 4
    Barring a devastating injury situation to either team, they will end up playing each other in the playoffs. It will, as always, be a great series no matter who wins.
  12. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    better video of the dunk: http://nba-boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/nbacom/pod/pod_070225.asx
  13. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    tough game for the Suns tonight... sure it was the second game of a back to back and they didn't have Marion or Diaw but that's still no excuse. They played the friggin 76ers...

They looked sluggish as hell out there and were missing easy layups all night. bah.

Stat had a good game though. :p

He went 12 for 20 from the field and 7 for 8 from the line. He had 31 points and 14 rebounds, but his 6 turnovers hurt the Suns pretty bad.

14. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
  15. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    Huge game. If the Suns win tonight, they still have an outside chance at taking the number one seed.
  16. Zizz Jedi Master

star 4
    I changed my mind on my previous thoughts. The Mavs would take out the Suns in a (hard fought) seven game series. That ability to adjust to whatever the opposition does would just be too key.
  17. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    preview for tonights game

"The teams have been spirited rivals since Nash left Dallas to join the Suns before the 2004-05 season. The teams have met in each of the last two playoffs, with the Mavericks winning both series 4-2."

[face_plain]

both?

pfft.
  18. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    Nash cannot be long adjusted to. He's too smart and fluid for that, and likewise for Stoudemire. Not so much for his intellect, but certainly for his physical combination of grace and power, which is highly unusual.

Not that they're going to win for sure, but I don't think the Suns can be adjusted to for long any more than the Dirk can be somehow stopped by anyone other than himself.
  19. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    incredible game and win for the suns.
  20. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    only 2.5 games back now... Mavs have lost 2 in a row, if they keep slumping, we got a shot to catch them.
  21. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    The Suns whipped the Mavericks 126-104 today. Dallas was without Dampier, but I simply don't believe Dampier is capable of being more than an occasional speed bump for Stoudemire, as he was in the 2005 playoffs. Of course, he can do more against other players, and maybe that was a difference maker. Dallas' biggest weakness in a playoff series would be defending Stoudemire consistently, as there really isn't anyone on the roster who can.
  22. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    I can't believe I just watched the Suns shoot 65% from the field. :p

Suns had 4 players with at least 20 points.

Great game.
  23. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    saw the last quarter. Suns looked good.

when is Barbosa off contract?
  24. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    Not for awhile. His new deal starts next season.
  25. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    what's the pay structure at the moment? i can't believe the Suns can afford all these guys. is Amare on a max deal?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.