main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Photo Op

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by YoungJediNiagara, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    John and I and hopefully Bayley are planning on meeting a writer from the St. Catharines Standard next week. He has inquired about having members avalible for pictures.

We are currently waiting to hear back from him with the confirmed time and place to meet, but I figured I'd ask and see if anyone is interested in coming along in costume?

2. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    What costume would you like? I think I can piece together Shaden.

3. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    PM Sent Chris :)

4. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    I'd be a maybe if you just need some extra body there...

5. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Let me know when :)

6. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    If it's on the weekend, like the 7th and 8th, I'm so there

7. Cow_Girl

Jun 15, 2001
    Hmmmm, Ya, For this Photo would it be possible for someone to lend me a Blue Lightsaber, Pwease?

[face_cute]

8. JediCourier

JediCourier Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    There's one sitting on the shelf above my door at my new place...if you felt like a fieldtrip to pick it up ;)

9. Java_Jedi

Java_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I still have the site running with all teh costume pics if you want them. E mail me if you do. :) Thanks

10. JediKal

JediKal Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2005
    Just wanted to thank Chris, John and Bayley for the interview Monday night. I thought it went rather well, and you guys gave me some great stuff. Nothing beats sitting around and shotting the breeze about Star Wars for an hour. The fact I got paid to do so makes it even better!
    But seriously, thanks again. We're looking at either May 16 or 17 for the story to run, and I've set it up with John to have the picture taken May 13 at 7.
    Cheers all!

11. Cow_Girl

Jun 15, 2001
    Its great to see you on the boards Kalvin! Welcome! :)

12. Amidala_wannabe

Aug 18, 2001
    So what exactly is going on with the picture?

13. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    As Kalvin said, we set up the photo for 7 pm on Friday the 13th(!)

Bayley, Chris and myself were interviewed, so we were asked to be in the photo. Chris asked if other members of the club could also be there, and they were open to the idea but really wanted to limit the number. We came up with 6 people max.

So with 3 spaces to fill, Nick, Graeme and Justin agreed to come out, as frankly, those 3 have some of the best costumes in the group (and if you haven't seen Graeme's Boba Fett lately, its now one of the best in North America!)

So for the photo we are "full".

However, its a Friday night, we are doing the photo in front of the theatre, and really it shouldn't take very long to do at all. So who might be interested to coming out anyways? No need for a costume, provide some moral support while we get the photos done and then when its all done we maybe go see a movie? Grab a bite to eat? It can be a little pre-Episode 3 social event for everyone.

14. Cow_Girl

Jun 15, 2001
    Thats a great idea John, If we can get enough intrest on this I will post a seperate thread for a possible post-photo get together, since you are correct it is a Friday and we might as well make the most of it :)

15. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    I know we have our "six" for the photo shoot, but...

With my costume not fitting properly (ya thats it, blame the costume) I was wondering if we had a young YJN member that might be able to take my place.

Lynn?
    Mal?
    Mike?
    Sam?

I thought it would be nice to have a person representing the "Young" part of "Young Jedi Niagara".

Just a thought.

16. DMZBADGER

DMZBADGER Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2002
    <turns on switch to basement work room and sees as many costumes as they have at Skywalker Ranch>

Gee...I didn't make the cut again.

17. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Out of 6 you guys got 1 girl?

I mean, sure, it's gonna be better than people would have expected, but not better than you could have done.

18. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    I tried to offer more members but was told a limited number would be better for the photos.

Maybe if we ask Kalvin nice he will change his mind.

He does read the forums ;)

19. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    I'll be there as the Fett man.
    [image=http://petridish.net/pics/12840/celeIII37.jpg]

20. JediKal

JediKal Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2005
    If you have more for the picture, the shot will likely be taken but will be unlikely to run. Unfortunately that decision is beyond me. In my opinion, I'd get a shot of as many Star Wars people as possible. But I know how we pick our shots and the like, and if we want this photo on front, it's not likely to have a huge number of people in it. My photog will be taking several shots, and then we'll choose from those.
    Thanks again for all your help.

21. Cow_Girl

Jun 15, 2001
    Well, I think that went pretty well despite the rain :)

The best part for me was getting ready in the bathroom of the theatre and standing at the mirror and having one of the female staff come in, give me a weird look and walk back out and then hear "Oh, there are more out here? You should see the one in the bathroom!"

:p

22. DMZBADGER

DMZBADGER Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2002
    how rude.

maybe if she clued in and thought for one moment that with you being their sparks peoples interest in the films they show there...thus paying her wage.

23. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    That was great fun!

The looks were priceless :) Some boys and their mom came to talk to Nick and I while we waited for the Fett man to get ready :)

Chris got a little bit of footage of us all and I think we all looked excellent! Cannot wait to see the picture!

24. Amidala_wannabe

Aug 18, 2001
    Your guys costumes looked amazing. That is to say Graeme and Nick. I hadn't seen Graeme's in forever, and never seen Nicks, other then maybe a few picture. Really awesome work guys!

That's not to say that Justin's and Bay's wasn't awesome, but I've seen Bay's before and most of Justin's, I guess there's just something about armor. :p

25. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    All you've seen of mine before was the tabards and boots :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.