main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Photos from Conversion for the site

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by PreludeRM, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Just a reminder to everybody to bring your cameras for pictures for the site. I'll be there Friday night for Truce Fest and most of the day Saturday. I will be on the Road back to BC yet again on Sunday. So snap lots and I'll email a link for everybody to send their pics to.

I've fixed up the gallery as well for members pages. More info to come on this soon.

Ryan

2. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    I will have mine there for sure!

3. Darth_Corro

Darth_Corro Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2006
    I shall be there, camera in hand. Will be taking video as well, so let me know if you don't want to be immortalized for youtube.

4. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Make sure you check before taking your camera into some of the panels. I'm sure if they don't want pictures or video taken they'll have signs up before the panel starts, but you don't want your camera getting confiscated.

5. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    ALWAYS ask before shooting video or photographs, ESPECIALLY in panels.

In the hallways, it is common courtesy to always ask someone to photograph or film them. Most costumers love to pose for photographs (as I'm sure most of you know!), but it's only polite to ask first.

In panels, it's a matter of intellectual property: these are (for the most part) presentations that the panellists have put together. It is like their article or their manual, and you must respect that. If they give permission to be filmed, then you have the right to film it. Otherwise, you may not shoot video at all.

6. Darth_Corro

May 13, 2006
    Thanks for the tips everyone. Unfortunately for me, and I am p*ssed off about it, I will only be able to attend Trucefest and not the Star Wars Goodness on Saturday due to a wedding I am obligated to go to for people I don't know.

Sorry, I get mad whenever I think about it, but I got the point: permission!

Thank you.

7. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    Yeah..I think most of the panels are no pictures or video as I am told. Especially the saber demo. But hallway costumes I agree with veritate ..you should always ask and of course group shots can be arranged.[face_alien_1]

8. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Could we maybe designate a Photo person who can get a few pictures if allowed for the fanforce panels.

9. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    I'll volunteer for that, making sure I ask permission. I should be at most of the SW panels on Saturday, except for the 501st panel since I'll be taking in the genetics of X-Men. If you're running one of the panels, be prepared for me to ask you what's allowed, photos only, video, etc.

10. Magpie Jen

Magpie Jen Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 1999
    I really really need pictures of Snape and I on the red velvet couch. I did not have a chance to take any with my own camera.

I'm pretty sure some of the paparazzi were FF or 501st members, so I'm hoping someone reading this has some!

Looking forward to all the pictures - I had such a great time with all of you!

11. Darth_Corro

May 13, 2006
    I had a couple pics of you in motion, but I couldn't get a good lock on you. I wish I did cuz your costume rocked. I'm sure Markus took some though, so I'll be sure to ask him.

12. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Once everybody has got their pictures downloaded to their PC's, I would really like to get them up on the site. You can upload them to my online storage at this address.

Upload pictures here.

All you have to do is drag and drop the pictures into the box and it will upload to my storage. I'll have them up on the site that same day. Send me everything from the whole weekend if you have it. We have tons of room on the FF site and my online storgae is unlimited.

I didn't wish I could have stayed for the costume contest and all the rest of the fun, but work was beckoning. I had a great time and can't wait for the next one.

13. Domino_Leia

Domino_Leia Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2005
    Hey, we have some of our pics from the weekend i think we still have some more to be uploaded.

Liann
    sorry logged in on kylas computer :p

14. Darth_Corro

May 13, 2006
  15. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Hey, does anyone know where I might find a video clip of the small Bullock hostage rescue 'encounter' that took place at the end of the costume contest?

Some photos would be cool too.

16. Magpie Jen

Magpie Jen Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 1999
    Man - I miss all the good stuff when I'm backstage! What's this rescue-hostage-encounter thing?

17. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Jen. Your Lockhart costume looks awesome. I'll have pictures up soon. I just recieved a picture of it. All the costume looked great. I wish I didn't have to go to work that night.

18. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Jen - at the end of the costume contest, the DJ played the Imperial theme and Vader and several stormies went to the front and took Jeremy 'hostage'. Then, the DJ played the SW main theme, and 2 of us Jedi (sorry, I can't remember his name right now) and a clone trooper, ran up, had a short battle with Vader, and then suddendly stopped. "Aren't we all supposed to be friends here?" We ended with shaking hands.

19. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    On another note: I'm trying to find the person that took a few pics of Shawn and I together, in our Jedi gear. I'm wondering if it was Dooks, maybe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.