main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Photos with R2

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Styrofoam_Guy, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Every so often when I take out my full size R2-D2, people have their picture taken with him. I plan to be at C3 with R2 and I am sure people will be in costume having their pictures taken with R2.

To add to the atmosphere I was thinking of making a background so that the entire picture will look like they are in the Star Wars universe. Now the question is what.

A painted scene may appear too flat. Someone suggested the bottom of a sandcrawler.

People will be dressed as Jedi, troopers, sandpeople etc so the scene should apply to as many characters as possible

Can anyone thing of a background that may work? (and portable)

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

2. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

At the end of Empire Strikes Back, when Luke is standing on the Rebel Ship, with his new hand... that would be a good scene. You could have the galaxy in the background.

Or mabye inside the Falcon, or Even the Naboo cruiser. Both of those would work aswell.

Inside the Jedi Academy? With the Jedi Council? In the Naboo Place? The possiblites are endless.

How about the Palpatine's Office? :D

3. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    A simple Tattoine (sp?) scene would be best here, it works for so many scenes, ep1,2,4 or jusy fanasy stuff. all you have to do is have some rocky formations and sand dunes, maybe a sand crawler way off in the background

4. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    You forgot ROTJ. Had a Major sequence in the dessert. The First quarter of the movie takes place there.

5. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Jabba's Palace! Get some dancers in there, and a GIANT Jabba :p

6. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    I have to remind you that I was running out the door when I wrote that post, so I wasnt thinking. but I still think its a dandy idea. covers most of the movies

7. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    A desert scene sounds interesting. The sand can be a cloth and the idea of building a scale sand crawler is appealing :)

I also like the ESB galaxy background idea. I could have a few of the rebel ships outside the window. More stuff to build :)

My restrictions are that it has to be portable and not take up much room depth wise when set up.

No way I can get it done in time for the Hobby Show Nov, 6-8 but plenty of time for C3.

Keep the ideas coming. I have some time before I start this project. Justin would kill me if I didn't work on Yoda and The starfighter first

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

8. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Oh yeah? lol!

Desert sounds good, it is more generic :)

9. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    How about taking a cue from C2 and make a giant action figure card. you could forgo the plastic if you couldnt come up with it. I woul love to do a action figure two pack with R2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.