FF:NZ Photoshop 6 and Windows 98

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Obi-Jace, Jun 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Jace Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have installed Photoshop 6 on my computer and now I can't get a thumbnail preview of JPEG images in any folder. I can see the previews of GIF images. Does anyone know how to get them back? Its a hassle having to open up an image just to see what it is! The previews I am talking/typing about are the ones in Windows on the lefthand side when you set your folders to 'view as a webpage'. Any help is appreciated.
  2. SWNZ Jedi Master

star 4
    That's weird, i'm not sure. I'll keep playing and see if I can find anything.
  3. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
    this forum is slowly becoming the "help jace with photoshop forum" teehee...

I'll let u know if I find anything out!
  4. Obi-Jace Jedi Knight

star 3
    No the forum should be 'help Jace sort out his life!'
    I finally sussed how to do it if anyone else has the same problems with Photoshop. I've got my original JPG icons back and my previews! So much easier to see what an image is now instead of having to open it up.
    Now on to the next problem, Anyone know how to make me some quick big cash?(I don't think I'm up to doing armed robberies)Donations can be sent to 'The feed Obi-Jaces wallet fund' :p
  5. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
    So how did you do it?

I'm having enuf trubble feeding my own wallet, every time I put 'food' in it, it spits it out when I go to a shop counter!
  6. Obi-Jace Jedi Knight

star 3
    I went to Control Panel/Add Remove Programs and highlighted IE 5.5 then I clicked remove and a box comes up with repair IE, return to original config and something else. Click the repair IE box and click OK. After it has repaired itself the computer will restart. After the computer has restarted you should be able to see Previews but I still had to use Photoshop to open images, so I went to a JPG image and held shift while doing a right click with the mouse and a Open With thing should be there, click on always open with and scroll to Iexplore and click on it. This then makes the JPG's look like HTML documents. To get the original icons back(the one that looks like a GIF but red) I went into My Computer/View/Folder Options and then to the File Types tab, scroll down to the JPG with the HTML icon and highlight then click edit, a box will open with Change Icon. Click this and choose the original icon. Taa Daa! Now you can see image previews in a folder and don't have to use Photoshop to open a JPG.
    Pretty simply really I don't know why I didn't think of it before! lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.