photoshop price

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by master-kevin, Jul 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. master-kevin Jedi Youngling

star 1
    How much does photoshop 6.0 cost? My friend said it was over $300.
  2. Lots Jedi Master

star 4
    Photoshop 7 retail is $600
  3. master-kevin Jedi Youngling

star 1
    wwwwwwooooooooowwwwwww. i think ill borrow a friends
  4. Arfour_Peeseventeen Jedi Master

star 4
    wwwwwwooooooooowwwwwww. i think ill borrow a friends.

That's nice, but if you're going to pirate, don't mention it here. It's forbidden.
  5. Semaj Ovured Force Ghost

star 4
    If you're a student, there may be a student price. And then there's always eBay ... check around.
  6. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You can also try the shareware "Tryout Version" that is offered on the Adobe website...

It is free for like 30 days or something...

(And I don't think he was talking about pirating, he will probably just go to his friends house???)

Indy
  7. Arfour_Peeseventeen Jedi Master

star 4
    (And I don't think he was talking about pirating, he will probably just go to his friends house???)

Apologies, master-kevin, if I misinterpreted your post.

8. JediTAC Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  9. andakin Jedi Master

star 4
  10. WhisperingDeath Jedi Master

star 4
    I am highly against pirating games, those creators lose so much money for their labors of love. Things like photoshop i take the sidelines on, I think it costs too much for the average joe.

I have never pirated anything
  11. Macho Jedi Master

star 4
  12. swmaster Jedi Knight

star 3
    I agree WhisperingDeath. I don't copy games movies or music. Who can't afford those? Otherwise I take the sidelines like you.

Anyway, Try to aqure your software legaly if you can.

SWmaster
  13. Pixelito Jedi Master

star 4
    lets face it, though... what "average joe" really needs things like After Effects, 3DSMax, or even Photoshop. The bottom line is, if you can't pay for it, you don't get to have it.
  14. WhisperingDeath Jedi Master

star 4
    I download music, but I find that I buy more CDs now since I am able to discover bands. I used to buy about 3 CDs a year but now I buy about one a month. If it wasn't for kazaa I would never have known such great bands like Dimmu Borgir, In Flames, Iced Earth, and my second favorite band Opeth.
  15. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't copy games unless they are an exhorbent amount of money, like $60. Even then I delete it after a few days. I more or less just use that as a demo. Things like $2000 graphics programs and such are different. What does the average joe need stuff like that for? Well, fan films is the obvious one. Some have just an art interest, or others have a professional means. The way I see it, if the person isn't using it to make money, but just to dabble with in his/her home, then there shouldn't be such a big deal. Likes why I like the educational version of Maya so much, they give you the program, but it has the watermark, so you can't use it to make money. And the programmers make more than enough to cover it. They still get paid by the company. If anything the multi-million dollar corporation is what loses out.
  16. andakin Jedi Master

star 4
    Whispering Death-

If you like those bands you should meet my friend Kyler, better known as Darth Wedgie in FZ.

He's a big metal fan.
  17. Pixelito Jedi Master

star 4
    alias isn't exactly rolling in money. the price drop was great for bringing in new clients, but only time will tell how well they fare...

anyways, look for music by Kruder & Dorfmeister, they're german. it's rare, hard to find stuff. i like it, maybe you will too.
  18. swmaster Jedi Knight

star 3
    Are they anything like Rammstein? I like them!

Anyway, I doubt most people can actualy affoard to spend 5 to 10 thousand dollars on a bunch of software just to make a fan film.

SWmaster
  19. Lots Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's a question...

If your software is thousands of dollars.. way out of the range of people who pirate it.. are you losing any money? if u think about it the piartes are made up of people who wouldnt have bought your software anyway? so in essence u wouldnt have made money either way..

then again all the hard work the programmers and everyone envolved put into such a production would feel like it was stolen..
  20. Avene Jedi Master

star 4
    Just download The Gimp from www.gimp.org. It's a free alternative to Photoshop which does much the same. Film Gimp, a rotoscoping version of the software (still free) was used for the Scooby Doo movie.
  21. Master_Jedi_David Jedi Master

star 2
    People pirating software is the reason the cost is way up now. Some people say: Geee...why buy a $3000 dollar program (Studio Max) if I can just download it off Kaaza. Thus, to cut loses, software companies jack up the price of everything.
  22. Avene Jedi Master

star 4
    Or if you're Alias|Wavefront, drop the price of their leading software by a very large percentage making it cheaper than 3ds Max.
  23. BigRedDog Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think software companies should offer a "hobbyist" licence, so we could buy the software, but not make any (or much) money on it.

Just a thought.
  24. Lots Jedi Master

star 4
    also if a trial version had no time limit.. but limited you in say a water mark saying "TRIAL VERSION OF XX" that would sufice.. u could lean just as well on that as long as it was in all other respects identical to the full retail version..

and yes i know some 3d packages have trials like this :p but it would be nice to all be like that so one could compare with trials when they're deciding thier purchase.. cuz lets face it ur not going to instantly know how to use MAX or Lightwave .. it will take time for u to decide..
  25. Pixelito Jedi Master

star 4
    no, they're absolutely nothing like Rammstein in the slightest. and thats not sarcasm, they really aren't.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.