main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Photoshopping Fun...

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Kai_Vandekar, Jun 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Been playing around in Photoshop after seeing pics posted on the inimitable http://www.imagecraft.com

A result can be seen here:

http://pics.livejournal.com/scendan/pic/000gg6hy

Dunno if anybody else wants, but if you'd like yourself pasted onto some kind of appropriate background, I can oblige! Given a day or so, once I'm back at work...

For perspective, this picture had the background added (duh) and blurred and the saberglow added, plus a certain amount of tweaking, including dropping the saturation and modifying the color balance to blend better, adding a slight motion blur to the forward hand, etc. So, hopefully it all came together.

Master--Kenobi, I'm tempted to put you on Mustafar...if I can find the right still. Finding the right still can be a pain in the butt, since often there's someone STANDING in it. (In fact, Kenobi is standing in the one I used, but I erased bits of him (heh heh heh).)

Anyway, just thought I'd offer to all of you in-costume folk, since I've been dorking around part of the evening on this project...

- Kai, the Somewhat Odd

2. ID-2132

ID-2132 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    Or at...

http://photobucket.com/albums/v326/johny__b/

for a few that have been photoshoped as well.

3. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Ahhh, nice photo, Kai, is that you? It was nice hanging with you a bit at Baycon, and by the way, nice LOTR costumes as well, I snuck in for the tail end of the armor panel.

As far as putting Kenobi on Mustafar, oooohhhh please do!! We can use him for a BBQ announcement or a poster for summer events, LOL!

((in char)) Anytime to see a Jedi in flames = a good day.

DLS00

4. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    LOL!!!!

I'll work on a Mustafar pic, pending the ok by Master--Kenobi. :)

Yeah, the pic was of me. And thanks for the compliment on the armor panel. That was a lot of fun, although sitting in that armor is...er...not the easiest thing to do!

It was great meeting you! I particularly was amused by the Jedi Sushi Lunch, complete with the dubious lunch-guests of the Emperor and Darth Vader! Too funny.

5. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Hey..waiting for Siri to get her pics developed. Kai, do you have a pic to use for Mustafar? Or do you want me to see if I can find one?

Also, the one you sent me of Kenobi getting frisked is great. Why don't you take that one and also have some fun with it? (Just wished it showed my face) apparently I had the proper "Jedi Snit Face" going on at the time.

Cool links and thanks.

Master K

6. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    I had no idea there was an officical Jedi snit face. The things I learn...!

I have some Mustafar possibilities. I'll dink around and see what I come up with. If you have a good pic, though--of reasonably good size--send it to my email addy and I'll add it to the stockpile of "maybe I could use this!"

7. Siri-Tachi

Siri-Tachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    Very Nice Kai! Do the words "I want it!" sound familar?

Yes, Kenobi, I know, I know. They went in today. Let's see how they come out. I was having problems with my batteries.... Oops. hehehe

8. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Ah, yes, "Jedi Snit Face" comes from Episode I. Remember the scene where Qui-Gon tries to use persuasion on Watto, and Watto says essentially, "Nice try, no cigar". At the end of that Watto says that Qui-Gon won't find the parts he needs anywhere else either. That's when Jedi Snit Face occurs, Qui gives Watto a rather nasty brief sneering look, the look of a powerful "Mr. Big Shot" Jedi thwarted by a low life used spare parts dealer. I love it, cracks me up every time.

Not as good as Harrison Fords "We are going TO DIE!!" Snit Face from Temple of Doom, but a close second.

DLS

9. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Hmmm, I'll have to look for that moment. Mostly, when watching TPM, I am engaging in my OWN snit face at the dialogue, and I miss stuff.

;)

10. Siri-Tachi

Siri-Tachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    "Jedi Snit Face" "Jedi Snit Face" "Jedi Snit Face" - :p

Hey, tell me Kenobi dose not do his own version, in the Jedi Temple at the Council when Anakin goes off at Mace. His sooo disapproval look, when he shakes his head "no." Good Job Kenobi. Chuckle, chuckle.

11. ID-2132

Apr 3, 2005
    Oh, it has come to my attention that when I post pics...you need the whole URL for the pics...lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/johny__b/EmperorJohny4.jpg
    These Didjiman already has.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/johny__b/EmperorJohny.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/johny__b/EmperorJohny2.jpg

12. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    VERY nice, you look soooooo bad, which is sooo good.

And the Sith VS Trek thing, you notice they keep LOSING, heh.

Of course, he IS a red shirt, it is his destiny...

DLS

13. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Those look sooooo cool! Love what one can do with photoshop. Thanks for sharing..(now got anymore..hint hint hint!) :)

14. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    I intend to play in Photoshop this weekend. I've had a busy week (*cough*playingKnightsoftheOldRepublicIIonthecomputereveryevening*cough*) full of Important Tasks, and have not returned to the Photoshop arena.

Anyway, though...yes! I have plans! I have ambitions! I shall photomanip until my fingers fall off! MWAH HA HA HA!

- Kai, feeling slightly dastardly

15. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    That looked WAY too much like "photo man snip" and that just scared me.

16. ID-2132

Apr 3, 2005
    I'm working on one I found on a friends site...it's of Sid and Kenobi fighting...I have Sid's sword lit, and Kenobi's halflit...inside, not outer glow yet.
    I just have to learn how to add it into a background...lol.

17. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    <<That looked WAY too much like "photo man snip" and that just scared me. >>

Kinda jittery for a Sith Lord, aren't you?

;)

18. ID-2132

Apr 3, 2005
    Thank ya, thank ya very much, uh huh.

19. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.