main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx PHP Coderz wanted.

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Kev-Mas_Colcha, Jun 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Is there any PHP Coders here? Because I'm signing up for a free web service, with 220 MB of storage, PHP, perl, MySQL, etc. support, and an E-Mail account, and I want to be able to have a site up and ready without downloading scripts. I'm thinking about a Web Portal. Here's the following that will be included.

Blocks:
    (1) Chatbox
    (2) Random Gallery Picture
    (3) Everything that PHPNuke has. See my previous site for an example.

Sections:
    (1) Star Wars
    (2) GFAP
    (3) Gallery
    (4) Forums
    (5) Everything that PHPNuke has, again, see my old site.

Modules:
    (1) Everything that PHPNuke has. Again see my old site.

And, this project may be cancelled in 5 days, as that's when I get my acception/denial letter in my e-mail, from my host to be. If it's a letter of denial, then, I'll have to lock this topic.

Or you can just do it in ASP. :D

2. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    I wish I could help you, but I'm an ASP guy. I always wanted to try out PHP, but never had enough time to dedicate to learning it. Good luck with your website!

3. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    Kev...chances are, if it's a free web service, they won't offer anything to support ASP code on the server. It's probably a big Linux farm somewhere that hands out space to just about anyone. Hosts that support ASP always charge money because it costs $$money$$ to keep Windows servers running. [face_plain]

And if you want code done, you can always do like we used to in the "old days" before our corporate masters began to provide training -- pick up a book and start learning. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.