main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx PHXFF Meeting #11: Saturday, December 14th *updated*

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by sideshow212, Nov 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    FYI: about two weeks before every meeting i will post an agenda of the topics to be discussed at said meeting, so everyone has a chance to check out what is going on and what topics are up for vote (if any). if anything is missed ar added later, please post it here!
    (thanks darth moridin, it looks great!)

Meeting Topics:

White PHXFF T-shirts
    Darth Moridin
    has the final t-shirt design done and on the boards. Shirts are $13.71 each and will be ordered shortly after the weekend of December 21st. Payment can be made in cash, check, or Paypal at mobiuscorpus@cox.net.
    The topic thread is here.

Baby doll shirts
    Darth Moridin
    has the final baby doll shirt design done and on the boards. Shirts are $10.72 each and will be ordered shortly after the weekend of December 21st. Payment can be made in cash, check, or Paypal at mobiuscorpus@cox.net.

New Cine Capri
    The new Cine Capri is scheduled for a July 2003 opening! Boasting a nearly 70 foot wide screen, over 600 stadium style seats and over 31,000 watts of power, it will be the premier movie venue in the state. We will definately be going here for Episode III!

Upcoming events:

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

The official PHXFF show is planned at 7:00PM on Wed, December 18th at the Arizona Mills Mall Harkins 24. Plan to buy tickets ahead of time, and try to be there by 5:00PM Tickets are on sale now.

New Year?s party
    Commander Choad
    is hosting the PHXFF New Year?s party at his home off of Gilbert and Southern. Start time is 7:00pm.

LAN party
    Darth Moridin
    is planning to host a LAN party at his house on Friday/Saturday, January 3rd/4th. Start time is 7:00PM. You will need to bring a computer with a network card, and your own network cable.

Paintball trip
    Darth Moridin
    is organizing a PHXFF paintball trip to the Command Post, south of Chandler. The date is Saturday, January 18th, from 9:00AM to 3:00PM. Price to play is $20. If you need to rent equipment, it is an extra $5. There is a $5 discount if you sign up at one of their 3 locations before game day. Rentals include mask/tank/hopper/semi-auto gun and coveralls. The topic thread is here.

Anime Party

directly after the meeting, i (sideshow) will be having an anime viewing party at my place, mainly because i bought all 6 dvd's of cowboy bebop! anyone interested is welcome!!!

Issues requiring a vote:

None

2. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Not sure if there were any "after the meeting" plans. If there aren't I can bring some parodies or something to watch, assuming we have the TV at Atomics at our disposal.

LP

PS. Before someone says it, the documentary is still on hold due to a moving schedule with our editor. I promise, we really are working on it! :D

3. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Bring it anyway LP. Though I'm not sure if we can take the time to watch it if Atomic has something planned at 1630 like they did last time. If not we can go to a member's house that has a VCR to watch it. Mine is always availible if needed.

4. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Thats fine, Void. I just thought it was something I could contribute once we were done with new business... I have a few different ones but I'm sure most of them have been seen.

LP :D

5. P2Gambit

P2Gambit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2002
    What do you guys do with new members?!

6. Darth_Moridin

Darth_Moridin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2002
    String them up in their boxers, and make them sing show tunes...

Just kidding. New members are always welcome at any PFF event, wether it the meetings or any other get-together. Come along, it'll be fun!

7. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    The Flagstaff Ambassador to the PFF will be in attendance...hee hee! I'll try to behave, REALLY I will! ;)

Speaking of misbehaving..er..I mean behaving, do we have anything planned for after the meeting? I hope, I hope! ;) :D

8. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    My super soaker is standing by (just in case)- I got it out of storage, and it is still running strong... <grin>

9. P2Gambit

Nov 21, 2002
    How long do meetings usually last?

10. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    a couple of hours, then we gallavant off and do something else...

11. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    EEEP! No super soakers Commander...NO! Drop it! Be a good Commander and DROP IT! I'll get the newspaper out if you don't DROP IT! [face_shocked]

12. Ion_Control

Ion_Control Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2002
    *aims Ion Cannon @ Commander_Choad*

You *will* drop the super-soaker. [face_plain] [face_devil]

Just out of curousity, how many people are planning to go to MJAZ's baby shower on the 14th? :confused:

13. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    **gasp** :eek: :eek:

I STILL HAVE TO RSVP!!!! Thanks Ion!!

edits: markup codes... [face_plain]

14. Master_Duron

Master_Duron Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2002
    I will try and make it.

Does this meen I can bring my water canon? [face_devil]

15. Ion_Control

Ion_Control Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2002
    kreleia: I just did that myself earlier today. ;) :)

Duron: No. [face_plain]

16. Master_Duron

Master_Duron Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2002
    :( Awwwww shucks, I never get to have any fun.

17. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Do you think we could bump the PFF meeting to 4 pm so the girls can attend the baby shower and PFF?

Or is that not kosher with Atomic Comics?

18. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    well, atomic usually has events scheduled right after us, so ithink pushing it back would either shorten us considerably, or mess someone else up...but the meeting goes on for at least an hour, so i'm sure you can come by at four and still catch most of it...

19. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    New members are forced to watch Happy Tree Friends until they completely lose their minds (the first requirement to being a full PFF member) or gouge out their eyes and run screaming to the state line, whichever comes first.

20. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    i'm still recovering....ugh.. ;) :p

21. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    i bought all 6 dvd's of the anime, cowboy bebop!!!
    i will be having a cowboy bebop viewing at my place directly after the meeting, anyone who is interested can attend!

22. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Atomic has things running at 1630, so we won't be able to push it back any.

23. ChoadsGirl

ChoadsGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    can we meet somewhere else than atomic? just a suggestion.

24. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    That's a question we've asked several times before sinice it would be nice to have a place on the west side to have our meetings, but so far nobody has been able to find a suitable replacement for Atomic Comics Mesa. Please, if you have any ideas bring them up at the meeting.

25. P2Gambit

Nov 21, 2002
    I would think of some places, but AC Mesa is in walking distance.

>_>
    <_<

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.