main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

physical description of Hobbie Klivian

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by AERYN_SUN, Mar 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    i'm going to be adding Hobbie's character to one my fanfics as a long interest for a new character. i just want to get his over all physical description right so there isn't any problems.

how tall is he? what hair color? eye color? what does he look like? what's his character like in general? is he a joker, wry sense of humor? serious?

~aeryn

2. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Hobbie is a dour, laconic man. In the Rogue Squad comics he's blond, with I believe brown eyes, and Starfighters of Adumar he is a dark haired man - however Alston has since made a statement to the effect of Oops! about that on his website. Right below average hieght I think...

3. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    okay.

~aeryn

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Any good Rogue Squadron comic will show Derek "Hobbie" Klivian.

He's short, slim, a round head with light brown or blonde hair.

He doesn't quite look what he does in Empire Strikes Back. But then again, neither did Wes Janson. The comics portrayed his appearance differently.

5. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    In ESB, the guy that says '2 fighters aginst a StarDestroyer' is Hobbie (just in case U didnt know)

6. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    blonde ha? i can work with that.

~aeryn

7. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    There's a description of Hobbie (and Wes, and Tycho) near the beginning of Starfighters of Adumar, when Wedge is introducing the pilots to the documentarian for the first time, if that helps any.

I'd type it out for you, but I can't find it on my bookshelf at the moment. :(

- Rani

8. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    That Starfighters of Adumar character desciption would be the best source of all. Stackpole did both books and Rogue Squad comics, and wouldn't have made any mistakes.

9. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Aaron Allston wrote Starfighters of Adumar, so his impression of Hobbie may have been a bit different than Stackpole's (like the dark vs. light hair color mentioned above, and Allston's comment about it on his website). I'm not quite sure what the description in SoA says or how it compares to Stackpole's works since I haven't read it in a while.

-Katie
    Thumper

10. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Thinnish face, relatively pointy chin (rather than square jawed).
    Dark blond hair, generally slicked back.
    Same sort of height as Tycho and the others, possibly an inch or so taller than Corran Horn (comparing Hobbie and Corran with Ploor Ilo).
    Judging from RS:Mandatory Retirement #1 slightly less heavily muscled than Wedge or Tycho (both of whom are slightly less heavily muscled again than Wes).

Dour but with a dry wit, a good foil for Jansons exploits.

And his helmet is blue stripes coming back either side of the central ridge from the visor back over the head with a Blue Rebel Alliance crest each side in a gap in each stripe near the front.

Visor == RA Crest ============== Rear of Helmet

Visor []===========Ridge======= Rear of Helmet

Visor == RA Crest ============== Rear of Helmet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.