main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Pick Your own Adventure Thread -- Episode 1

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by adx, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adx

adx Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 27, 2007
    Saintheart APPROVED
    Pick your own adventure thread - Not sure if any of you read the pick your own adventure books when you were a kid thread is going to be one of those types. I am going to leave the main character at a crossroads and you get to decide what he is to do.. This story will take place just prior to the rebels attacking the death start at yavin. Your character has a limited knowledge of the force and will be able to pick either path towards the dark or to the light.. Also i will be choosing the best choice out of the one's listed so please be creative. Let the adventure begin..

Personnel
    Main Character ? Jedi Luka armed with a lightsaber.
    Villain ? Unknown dark Jedi
    Side characters ? Your trusty droid sidekick ? T3-M4

You find yourself on the planet yavin 4. Amidst the hustle and bustle that is the rebel alliance war machine getting ready to take on the might of the death star you get a comm. Transmission.

?Luka, Please report to the hanger at once?
    Deciding to head to the hanger you start to venture out. The hanger is approx. a 5 min walk from your current location and you can see it in the distance

What do you do?

2. adx

Sep 27, 2007
    Bump due to a no reply for almost a month.

3. JediKingSeth

JediKingSeth Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2008
    OOC: Sounds interesting. I used to read pick my own adventure books as a kid. The books never got boring since the action chosen changed the outcome of the story. I'm looking for RPs to join so I'll give this a try.

IC: Hearing the comm transmission and heeding it, I start walking towards the hangar which is visible in the distance.

4. Lord_Kosh

Lord_Kosh Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2005
    OOC: I played an RPG a few years ago. It was fun until the GM disappeared. :( I do remember the Choose Your Own Adventure series and the similar Time Machine books. They were alot of fun. SO I would like to join, if I may?

IC:

Something is obviously wrong. Yavin 4 hasn't seen any action in years. The temples scattered throughout the landscape were nearly vacant of all life until the Rebellion moved in. What ever reason the rebels had for sounding the alarm had to be important --which translated into nothing good for them.

After a few steps, it occured that a notice might have been transmitted with the frantic warning. Glancing at the miniature comm-unit for some kind of message... and just my luck nothing. That has to be bad. Or someone is playing with the system.

My legs carried me closer to the hangar bay. Looking for signs of Imperial troops entering the base -- an obvious reason for such a signal, and again no evidence was visible. Perhaps it would be more clear inside the bay. Picking up the pace, I broke into a sprint for the bay entrance.

5. adx

Sep 27, 2007
    OOC: Just for future reference you tell me what i am going to do and i tell you what happens.. i will leave a decision point at the end of each post. That is the reason i choose this post.

IC: Heading too the hanger on Yavin 4 you hear a rustling in the nearby brush. Out pop's this strange being that looks somewhat oceanic in origin and it starts to follow you. Arriving at the hanger and still being followed you decide to check out what was needed by the original comm transmission. You proceed to a nearby communication terminal where all messages are received.

TO : Luka
    RE : Assignment 1

Please proceed to hanger 5 and await further instructions from Lord Vader.

What do you do?

6. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Out pop's this strange being that looks somewhat oceanic in origin and it starts to follow you.

You wonder how this relative of the water creature in Abyss holds itself together and doesn't just splash into a puddle.

OOC: Like that?

7. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    OOC: I'm not sure why Luka would receive a message from Darth Vader? The dark side Villian might, but if Luka is a Jedi, he wouldn't take orders from Vader...unless he is a spy...oops, maybe that is where you're going. :)

IC:
    No message on the mini-comm unit, I glanced at the nearest terminal. To my surprise, there was a message -- short, sweet, and to the point indicating Hangar Bay 5 as the place to be. And from Lord Vader, himself. Perhaps he was on to the rebels.

Stretching out with the force as a strode towards the hangar, I felt an odd sense that was more of a casual refernce than a warning of impending danger. Something was following me. Resembling a hold over from Mon Calamri home system rather than anything native to Yavin 4, I could not pick up anything hostile about its intentions. But its path was trailing my own.

Being slightly distracted by the follower, I suddenly realized that I had already made it to the nearest entrance to Bay 5. I put in the generic key code still usable in the system and watched as the blast doors split apart. Checking to make sure my lightsaber was still on my belt, I took the first step inside.

8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC:

T3-M4 was instantly on my case, his synthesised voice somehow conveying worry and humour into my earpiece at the same time: "Right in the front door! Ballsy! Stupid. But ballsy."

I smiled at the vote of confidence. He was safely at the backstop position, half a klick downwind, on the back of a speeder bike with the engine running.

"Okay, remember, this is Vader we are dealing with here. Do you remember the distress signal?"

Only the idea that Vader might be watching me right now stopped me from waving my arms above my head, gesticulating like a mad thing.

I step deeper into the hangar, all senses probing ahead of me as I waited for some sign of the Dark Lord's presence. A large rectangular dark shape resolved into the blocky form of a Gamma-class assault shuttle.
    Not Vader's usual ride; he tended to favour the Lambda-classes.

DO I:
    a) Go closer to the shuttle;
    b) Stay still and wait;
    c) Check around the hangar;

9. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    IC:

The frantic warning from the droid brought me back to my senses. Jedi had been slaughtered by battledroids and sith much less powerful than Vader. The droid was right. It was too dark in the bay to see exactly what was waiting for me.

Barely more than a few steps past the blast doors, I stopped, almost froze in place. Was this the Force reminding me to be causcious, or my normal instincts kicking in? Igniting the lightsaber would alert anyone that a Jedi was here. Vader probably already knew. But the message on the terminal outside never stated Vader was actually here. The Gamma assault shuttle was in all its glory centered between the landing markers. If someone was in the cockpit, I could sense them yet.

Perhaps a look around the hangar would prove useful. Perhaps Vader had merely sent a representative. Either way, it was worth the tie to look for clues until the pilot returned. If the pilot was still in the ship, it would still be better than rushing to the ship. Even the average smuggler would get nervous and start shooting. The investigation would give the pilot time to plan, but also time to calm down and consider conversation over conflict.

Moving along the bay walls, I searched for something to indicate exactly who I was supposed to locate in Hangar 5.

DO I:
    1) Hear footsteps approaching
    2) See carbon scoring on the hull
    3) Ignite my lightsaber to warn others...and shed some light in the bay
    4) Discover the oceanic follower has ties to this assault craft
    5) Find nothing right away and continue my search for indicator

10. adx

Sep 27, 2007
    OOC : Yes like that. Not to put down your fine writing skills but the point of this adventure thread is that I write the story while you tell the person what to do.. for ex :

While walking down the hall you see a dog.

your responses might be something like :
    1. I pet the dog

or

2. I kick the dog

or

3. I run away

or

4. I talk to the dog

then i might respond like this

Deciding to pet the dog you go up and pet his furry coat. upon doing this he looks at you with puppy dog eyes and you just know that he is smiling. You are to serve as a guide for the central person and guide his actions. Be creative you can be mean and cruel or nice and all republic like.

Another note if this goes well and people start really liking it I have the first episode layed out in my head. There is both a dark and light ending to it but that is up to the player base to decide. Certain actions will award points to one of the alignments up to a max of 50. The more people that post the better as it gives me more options to choose from. If you like this please add me to watched users list so you can tell when i update the story. I plan on updating at least once a day if not more. If you notice i am absent there might have been something that came up but i will try and return.

The development of luka will be unfolding through the series. If you have any questions just PM me and i will be more then happy to get back to you.

Now on with the show....

IC:

Looking at this strange being that seems to be from the abyss you decide to investigate it further...

Flashback:

You are sitting on the deck of a ship. All around you there seems to be this hustle and bustle of workers toiling. As you look around you know this place is familiar and a safe haven but can't seem to remember what it's placement should be. There is something here you just can't seem to access it.

/Flashback

"Hello" you say to the creature. It start's to speak in some form and starts gesturing to the hangar where your vessel lies. You start to walk to the vessel when your trusty droid sidekick comes out and start's to decipher what the being is saying. The creature starts to speak again. "Hello, I am Kalesh from the planet of Manann. I have an urgent message from someone for you that you will want to listen to."

What do you do?

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Soooo...we cannot say anything or do anything. You just want a single sentence from us directing your potential actions?

IC: As interested in what Kalesh has to say as the next jedi, you invite it to "talk to the hand" while you ask T3-M4 who in the Original Light thought to program him with a language from a planet not heard of since the Jedi Civil War!

Edit: OOC: hold on, you don't really mean that you want players to post IC: You talk to the droid and that's it, do you?

12. adx

Sep 27, 2007
    OOC: That is fine.. gives me some idea of what you want luka to learn. I will wait to see if anyone else responds though before posting more story. see what other ideas people have for luka...

13. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    OOC:
    Do you only want one player...? Please outline exactly what you want us to do. I see many ways this could be played, and countless different responses. Based on the Choose Your Own Adventure and Time Machine series, the assumtion is that you would give us some options. This would allow us to write the one-sentense responses.

Using open-ended questions will lead to longer answers. The RPG I played some time ago on this site allowed each of us, as players, to write small sections interacting with the other characters. The GM then gave her response and the outcome of the actions.

This sounds interesting. I'd like to play, but I need to know how you want me/us to play. :)

14. adx

Sep 27, 2007
    ooc: Something like i-5 wrote. A small statement telling the main charcter what he is doing. You can be creative in your responses. I want the player base to come up with choices and I am going to choose the one that best fits the story or moves the story along or is the most intriguing. Here is an idea of what i am attempting to do...

http://blizzforums.com/showthread.php?t=1593

Some language so be advised...

IC: As interested in what Kalesh has to say as the next jedi, you invite it to "talk to the hand" while you ask T3-M4 who in the Original Light thought to program him with a language from a planet not heard of since the Jedi Civil War!

IC :

Deciding to ignore Kalesh you turn to your droid companion and start to ask him some questions. "Who programmed you?"
    "Janice Nail of Taris was my builder and my friend so i assume that she is the one that programmed me sir." After this phrase T3-M4 starts beeping excitedly and starts to show a holographic image of a figure in a cloak saying this phrase over and over.
    "I must find the four pieces before it is to late"
    After listening to the droid repeat this phrase over and over again you decide to board your vessel. T3-M4 follows you aboard. As you board you hear Kalesh mumbling under his breath "idiot."

What do you do?

OOC 1 :
    Summary of events so far :
    You are Luka on the planet of yavin four. You have slight amnesia and are trying to find out more about yourself and what is going on around you. After receiving news that there was a comm transmission for you at the rebel base on yavin you headed to the base. Upon arriving there you found your ship and trusty companion t3-m4. You have met Kalesh and heard something about four pieces.

Party summary :
    1. Luka - Jedi
    Light Side / Dark side affliation : Unknown
    Weapon : Lightsaber
    2. T3.M4
    Weapon : Droid cutter arm

Villans
    1. Mysterious Dark Jedi
    2. Darth Vader

*** This is like the kotor games where only the main ch. retains light side // dark side status.

OOC 2 :
    Please advertise this to your friends as the more people that post choices the more the story can open up and go in different directions.

OOC 3 : Pardon the storytelling // minor spelling errors i will try my best but i want to tell the story as much as you want to read it so some post's might be more hurried then others.

15. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    IC:
    I turn to Kalesh and ask "Why would you call me idiot?", with my hand gently against the hilt of the lightsaber hanging on my belt.

OOC:
    Is that what you are looking for?

16. adx

Sep 27, 2007
    OOC : Yup. After this one i am going to wait for more replies from users

I turn to Kalesh and ask "Why would you call me idiot?", with my hand gently against the hilt of the lightsaber hanging on my belt.

Kalesh simply responds "Why would you get involved with something you have no idea of."

Deciding to press the issue you ask him "What do you think I am getting involved with?"

Kalesh just looks at you and says "You should have taken the message, but here is one piece of advice, whatever Black Suit wants do not go through with it"

Kalesh then walks away fading into the shadows of the temple.

What do you do?

17. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    IC:

Calling out to the aquatic Kalesh as I consciously move my hand a distance from the lightsaber hilt, "Wait! What do you know about 'Black Suit'?"

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: confused.com

19. adx

Sep 27, 2007
    Temple = Hangar. Sorry had writer's block there my bad.

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Yeah, adx, if you can give us a heads-up when you've quit waiting, and I'll put something up.

21. adx

Sep 27, 2007
    As you shout after Kalesh asking about the black suit you realize that he has fallen out of earshot and turn to your ship and get on board. Upon boarding your ship you see the com light blinking indicating that there is a waiting message for you and you assume it is the same message you were to take at the communication post.

What do you do?

22. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    With one hand keying the code to retreive this message, my other hand is hovering slightly above the keys needed to delete the message if it is identical to the last.

23. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    OOC: Are we, the players, going to choose options for anyone other than Luka?

24. adx

Sep 27, 2007
    ooc: Nope luka is the central char. and everything revolves around him.

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Realising that I need more information, and that traditionally, droids cannot lie, I ask my sidekick whether I working for the Rebels or the Empire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.