main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Picnic at Slaughter Falls....

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kit' , Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Hello all!

Just putting feelers out there about this year's Christmas party. The suggestion is to have it at Slaughter Falls (base of Mt Cootha) picnic area on a Saturday afternoon. That way we can bbq, relax, kick a couple of balls around (if we feel the need and it ain't too hot) have generally have fun.

What I would like to know is...

Your availability in December...

Whether or not you'd like to go picnicing and if you have a different idea...

Any other thoughts on the matter :)

Kithera

2. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Doubting we're gonna get a consensus of any type here. :p I think I suggested the 12th December but we're actually away that weekend..opps sorry. 19th would be fine, but Goobless.

I do love the idea Kit, but wondering if the others will be up for a picnic outside..in the outdoors! :) Guess this thread will find out.

Other options I guess are the gathering at someone's house for Christmas movies and swapping of bad gifts ( bad gifts we should do anyway); dinner or lunch at a restaurant somewhere; or hell we're going to Dreamworld this Sunday if anyone wants to come and make a party of it! :)

Guess we've got Friday 11th, Saturday 12th, SUnday 13th, Friday 18th, Saturday 19th, Sunday 20th... and xmas Eve??

Preferences from Goob and I(days he's not working) are Friday 11th,or 18th for dinner or gathering, Sunday 20th for lunch, or even 23rd evening,or Xmas Eve as we're munchkinless. Finn and I can make a picnic on the original 19th though.

..that doesn't help does it.
    ..this maybe a long thread :)

3. RoGuE_StreaK

RoGuE_StreaK Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    Don't know if I'd be able to get to a weekend thing, but I should be up for a Friday drinkage if that happens at any stage.

4. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    I'm keen, need to still figure out would be good for us - though I'm demoralised by Paul's general unwillingness to picnic. :(

5. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Hmmm...

Found a new web tool and was playing around with it - created a little survey if people want to fill it out :p

Click Here to take survey

6. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Seems we're leaning more towards the 20th December afternoon/evening, and less outdoors as more indoors with air con, food and movies :p We are a bit of a geeky bunch and sunlight hurts our eyes and all.

Interested parties contact Kit or me for details, if we actually work out said details :) THere will be bad presents exchanged however so if you come across something under 10 bucks that either screms..OH SW GEEK PRESENT..or WOW THAT'S SO BAD!, getting it just in case might be an idea.

7. RoGuE_StreaK

RoGuE_StreaK Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    Just a note that I won't be able to make it to whatever is or isn't happening, gotta get the paving finished on the patio in time for Chrissie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.