Pics from Star Wars Insider #73 (image heavy, official pics)

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by jedi_master_ousley, Dec 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
    If you don't want to see the new SW Insider magazine pics, turn back NOW. There are some great pics, but I don't want anyone who doesn't want to see them to get upset if any of them may show something new.

A big thanks to Celticsfan for sending the images to Grilled Sarlacc who then uploaded them for our viewing pleasure. :D

Here you go:

Anakin Skywalker
    Mace Windu
    Hayden and Ian consult with George
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    The set of a landing platform
    Ki-Adi-Mundi comes to life
    An armed alien
    Checking out the Nute Gunray mask
    The set of a ship?
    An interesting looking alien
    A flooded set
    George in the Middle
    Anakin at the controls!

I have to get offline now, I think Celticsfan posted the captions later in the thread, I'll be sure to check it out. :D
  2. Fingorfin Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow.

Is it 2005 yet?
  3. Latorski Force Ghost

star 4
  4. AdamBertocci Manager

Manager
    star 7
    WOW. My faith in SW3's quality just went up one point.

Okay, some thoughts.

Hayden Christensen looks all buff 'n' stuff. And his hair is looking great.

Neimoidians + guns = comedy gold, mark my words.

That scary no-eyes thing on Lucas' left in the second-to-last picture needs to go away. Now.

Rick McCallum loves you!
  5. MyEternalRest Jedi Knight

star 2
    Nice crotch shot of Hayden.

;)

Note the pic of Anakin's starfighter.
  6. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I agree with Adam - that weirdo alien with the crazy bindi and bad hair must go...part of the problem is that it's a pic with GL, so she's grinning, but still...

Anakin looks fantastic, especially in the last pic in his Starfighter.

Some of the sets look absolutely phenomenal.

Is that Dooku sitting at the end of that "bridge" set, or is it Palps?

Wow. Merry Christmas Part II - Part I was the Hyperspace documentary. :D

Thanks to Matt for posting.
  7. MyEternalRest Jedi Knight

star 2
    Is that Dooku sitting at the end of that "bridge" set, or is it Palps?

I'm not sure, though, it looks like a robe is on the ground infront of the seat.
  8. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
    CAPTIONS!!!!! They're in no particular order...just the order that Celticsfan posted them in.

Grinning Anakin pic: "Hayden Christensen (Anakin Skywalker) looks pleased after a grueling but satisfying lightsaber battle with Ewan McGregor on an Australian soundstage of Episode III."

Silas Carson pic: "My, what a big head you have! Actor Silas Carson undergoes his transformation in the Hair and Make-Up Department into Jedi Master Ki-Adi-Mundi under the hand of (left) prosthetic make-up technician Sophie Fleming and (right) prosthetic make-up and hair technician Kath Brown."

Neimoidian pic: "A better shot than stormtroopers? A well-armored Neimoidian gunner guards a conference room on a strange new planet in Star Wars: Episode III."

Mace pic: "Somewhat older, definitely wiser, but still pondering the fate of the galaxy, Jedi Master Mace Windu (Samuel L. Jackson) takes a moment for reflection in the Jedi Council chamber."

Anakin, Palps & George pic: "Actors Hayden Christensen (Anakin Skywalker) and Ian McDiarmid (Supreme Chancellor Palpatine) discuss a major scene in the Supreme Chancellor's office with director George Lucas."

George and Senators pic: "Snuggling up to the boss, director George Lucas, are two stalwart employees who worked on both Star Wars Episodes II and III in Australia, and finally got brief walk-on roles as senators. At left is publicity assistant Lisa Shaunessy and at right is Jacqui Louez, assistant to producer Rick McCallum and director Lucas."

Anakin pilot pic: "Jedi Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) settles in for some fierce combat while flying his own Jedi starfighter."

Obi-Wan in front of starfighter pic: "Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor) talks to Commander Cody (Temuera Morrison) and another clone trooper (Bodie Taylor) in front of his new Jedi starfighter - complete with droid R4-G9. The set, on Fox Studios Australia's Stage 5, represents a landing platform aboard a Republic battle cruiser. In Episode III, only Morrison's and Taylor's heads will be seen above CG-clone trooper-armored bodies."

Obi-Wan jumping pic: "Look out below! Trying to watch where he's heading, Obi-Wan Kenobi takes a plunge while aboard a Trade Federation cruiser."

Pool pic: "A camera crew sets up for some underwater photography in the giant tank on Stage 2 at Fox Studios Australia. The 10-foot-deep tank doubles as a flooded generator room aboard a Trade Federation cruiser in Star Wars: Episode III."

Passel's aide pic: "Denaria Kee, aide to Passel Argente, awaits instructions from her boss, who is Magistrate of the Corporate Alliance and a key Separatist leader."

Nute pic: "A little too much off the top, barber! Actor Silas Carson adjusts the mouth of the specialized Nute Gunray mask, filled with electronics to provide complete, realistic facial and lip movement. He is helped by (from left) wardrobe standby Amanda Craze, prosthetic make-up technician Sophie Fleming, and chief animatronics engineer Sonny Tilders."

Bridge pic: "All eyes are drawn to a solitary figure seated at one end of the General's Quarters aboard the Trade Federation cruiser on Stage 7, one of the largest sets built for Star Wars: Episode III."
  9. RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Holy mother of.... :eek:

MERRY CHRISTMAS INDEED :D :D :D

(for that Anakin pic alone ;))
  10. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    Jedi Anakin Skywalker..... flying his own Jedi starfighter

Thank the maker.

After all, "he was the best starpilot in the galaxy."
  11. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    to jmo, grilled sarlacc, & Celticsfan Thankyou for the Christmas present. Only seventeen months until they go from my computer screen to the big screen.
  12. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I think the most important highlights are:

Anakin in the Starfighter means we'll see why he was the best starfighter pilot in the galaxy. There is a scene involving water and the stage platform looks like a filming platform, and perhaps some sort of battle in the water. Then there's a pic with Palpatine sitting at the end of a looong bridge of a ship in his signature throne room chair. We also get to see the new Jedi starfighters.
  13. Darth_Goofy Force Ghost

star 4
    I am a very shallow teenage girl, so of course my first thought was, "Dear God, Hayden is hot." 8-} But now that I've been able to look at the other pictures, they're very, very cool. The flooded room really intrigues me. That could be an awesome scene.
  14. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    Well the pic of Anakin in his own JS is interesting, the cockpit seems larger than the one Obi-Wan used.....hmmmm maybe some TIE influence there ?[face_plain]

Plus thats a second pic I've seen of Anakin and Palpatine, pretty obvious I know but its good we get to see alot of these two together....be really interesting to see the depth of their friendship (in terms of whats already happened in the PT, especially AOTC).

Neimoidian guards :eek: Hmmmm and I had the distinct impression they were cowards ;)

Erm.....
    "All eyes are drawn to a solitary figure seated at one end of the General's Quarters aboard the Trade Federation cruiser on Stage 7, one of the largest sets built for Star Wars: Episode III."

What? "General"? Is this the new bad guy?
    Why do I get the feeling we're entering alliteration (I dont think thats the right word but meh) hell?
    I mean we have Morrison's character, Commander Cody, whats the betting we'll have that with this General? [face_plain]

Anyway some cool pics.....
  15. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Wow Terrious,

that's gotta be the best dancing around a spoiler I've ever seen!
  16. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    ?[face_plain]

Only commenting on what I see. *shrugs*
  17. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Just a joke. 8-}

I just meant I understood the alliteration reference, and I thought it was funny how you danced around the subject.

Anyway, Ousley says it's the Emperor at the end of the TF bridge set, but I don't think so. I don't have photoshop or anything, but it looks like the figure sitting in the "throne" is wearing brown, not black - which suggests Dooku or perhaps one of his minions.

I could be wrong though. Perhaps one of the Confederacy generals, as Terrious surmised.
  18. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    I just meant I understood the alliteration reference, and I thought it was funny how you danced around the subject.

Danced? LOL I hope you're not telling me that I'm bang on the money or something cos that would be terrible. [face_plain]
    Besides I thought you meant my reaction to the Anakin pic in his JS.

Anyway, Ousley says it's the Emperor at the end of the TF bridge set, but I don't think so. I don't have photoshop or anything, but it looks like the figure sitting in the "throne" is wearing brown, not black - which suggests Dooku or perhaps one of his minions.

Yeah, maybe that is the General himself, it doesn't seem to be Dooku though. I seriously doubt its Palpatine. He's not one to allow himself to get captured....he's smarter than that.
  19. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
    1000% zoom:

[image=http://www.xbox-connection.com/hostedimages/bridge%20zoom.JPG]

I report, you decide.

And I understood the alliteration thing too. Don't worry, I don't think it'll be in the film. That's all I'm saying.
  20. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Grilled-Sarlacc posted a few zooms in the 3SA thread, here they are:

[image=http://www.grilled-sarlacc.com/ep3/insider/zoom2.jpg]

That of course is the bridge pic. The red boxes are for what many people think are shackles...could they be? Could Palpatine have been trapped/captured somehow? I doubt it, personally. But the idea is there.

[image=http://www.grilled-sarlacc.com/ep3/insider/zoom4.jpg]

That's the Anakin pic by the starfighter. Looks like clones to me.

Edit: Err--Obi-Wan I mean. I shouldn't get in a hurry I guess. :p
  21. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    I seriously doubt its Palpatine. He's not one to allow himself to get captured....he's smarter than that.

Must disagree.

Who is charge of the Republic: Palpatine
    Who is charge of the Confederacy: Dooku
    Who is charge of Dooku: Sidious

Going on the assumption that Sidious=Palpatine; why is it not hard to imagine that Palpatine would let himself be captured, to further progress his plan?
  22. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    why is it not hard to imagine that Palpatine would let himself be captured, to further progress his plan?

What sense does it make? He could just sit in his office in Coruscant and let the war end without his presence.

Unless its a ploy to get his prize, Anakin Skywalker, to come to "rescue" him and kill the leader of the Separatists, which would play heavily on a twist of ROTJ's climactic Throne Room scenes and duel, I doubt it serves much purpose.

It may also serve as to help make a final big stand off between the Republic and the Separatists.....which in that case means the end to the Clone Wars.
  23. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Excellent point, Ghost_Jedi.

I think that since Palpatine=Sidious=in control of both the CIS and Republic...he could set up his own kidnapping.
  24. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    Matt I dont often criticise the stupidity of a fellow good poster but:

That's the Anakin pic by the starfighter. Looks like clones to me.

Erm you posted the caption to that pic....I think you'll find its NOT Anakin and yes of course they are clones :p
  25. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
    [face_blush]

That's what I get for being in a hurry, I guess.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.