main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Picture from the Grauman's Line in Hollywood

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ManaByte, Apr 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    [image=http://img216.echo.cx/img216/793/line1sx.jpg]

And something for those who have never been to the Chinese:
    [image=http://img216.echo.cx/img216/7792/line26pl.jpg]

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    You don't know HOW familiar that all looks to me. When you spend 3 weeks on that corner, you don't ever forget the sights, sounds, smells of Hollywood. I will have to scan my old pics from 1999 from the line. I have a cute one of the kids.. they were so small then... all standing in front of the crosswalk sign which someone changed to read "No Crossing, Use the Force". hehe

3. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Mara Jade...YOU were there too! lol..yup you never ever forget those smells! That pic really brings back the memories...:)

4. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Mara_Jade_Fan posted on 4/15/05 9:54pm
    You don't know HOW familiar that all looks to me. When you spend 3 weeks on that corner, you don't ever forget the sights, sounds, smells of Hollywood. I will have to scan my old pics from 1999 from the line. I have a cute one of the kids.. they were so small then... all standing in front of the crosswalk sign which someone changed to read "No Crossing, Use the Force". hehe
    [hr][/blockquote]

The best sight in Hollyweird today was the guy holding a vigil at the Michael Jackson star with a boombox playing Jacko's greatest hits.

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    LOL! I rather enjoyed watching the street cleaners come to clean the streets at 4am.. they looked like Oompa Loompas in white overalls. There was also the time I got serenaded by the Elvis Impersonator... and the cops would drive by every 15 minutes and say things like "Luke, I am your father" over their megaphones. You see LOTS of crazy things and crazy people on that corner, but I still say that those three weeks were the best three weeks of my life and I don't think anything will ever come close. Kinda why I'm not there again this year... I know it won't be the same, nor as good as it was back in 1999.

6. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Waiting for Episode I in 1999 was a special occasion in itself. We had been sixteen years without a new Star Wars movie and you could just feel the excitement about it.

Mitchell just celebrated his 6th birthday last Wednesday and I realized that he was a newborn baby, barely a month old, when TPM opened. Boy, time flies. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.