Welcome to the RPF!
Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Mar 1, 2010.
I didn't know that!
Seems like Dr. Anderson, the tormentor of SithGirly?s Angela, has come to offer my Dr. Fossett a job. And after that, my character finds his fellow friend he had left to watch Liam dead on the floor. And Liam is nowhere to be seen?
I wanna say something but - despite the spoiler warning - I think I shouldn't.
So Future!Sharon is deadzors! But is she the future Sharon or is my Sharon past!Sharon? What a tangled web Fins weaves.
And welcome to . . .
All things Sins of the Saints . . . your personal source of connections and speculations #3
1. CorbenÂ´s Inn; oh what can I say. The people in CorbenÂ´s are fighting for their lives while everybody else just tries to make sense of . . . the future-present-past paradox. Cars crash into thin air. Dogs look like they were fed with steroids for the last twenty years. And we got a visitor from the future. ThatÂ´s remarkable because Ely joins the club of places where everybody has vanished. or has it? Not necessary, because we got a few hints it might be our tragic bunch of heroes who actually vanished. From their world or better said . . . time . . .
Because we got a second Sharon and therefore we got a second char duplicated by a future self. One that is actually a lot older than Not!Laura, this time. Now she is dead. Jhn and sharon are sitting in a lone, dog-infested town and we are fighting for our survival against a guy who should have bled out an hour ago. Things stay interesting in CorbenÂ´s Inn. A big reveal was hinted from Fin yesterday. I am looking forward to it.
2. CorbenÂ´s Inn in another time. Mitlon Prest "got what he came to look for and see . . . he got it from under our soil. So is it there in our time or is it gone (which would mean weÂ´re in the future.) We also meet a colleague of him. Robert/Anton. Another person looking like a Hobo. But he considers himself non.huzman, also. They seem to be no firends, but more or less philosophical rivals. But Anton knows IT ALL! He just doesnÂ´t tell Milton. Maybe better that way.
3. Because Milton Prest is a bugger. He send poor Diana to Beckfris, kills almost Carl Weber in Boston, confuses Roland, manipulates the US President and has his hands in CorbenÂ´s Inn. In other words, he is our Main Villian. Problem is, he probably isnÂ´t. Because his first person talk is adamant about one thing. He got no clue what the change is about.
3. In Boston things become funny. A kid on the run, a killer let loose and a morgue full of quarantine cells and psychopthic ill people. Yeah, thatÂ´s where the good stuff is. We got more Caleb namedrops, without getting nay closer to who he is. And Carl Weber seems to be there for a reason. The billionaire who go so much love from our GMs is doing business as usual but with a twist. He seems to have his hands in the Project Benjamin.
4. And itÂ´s all about the Benjamins, is it? Yeah, it is. Is it all about money? Well, somehow the guy became a billionaire, right? Or is it all about the kids who were treated for the Bohmann-syndrome? Well, you never know. As the Germany storyline stay as mysterious and confusing as ever. Laura Blohm is captured and outside the building hse is in a roit begins to start a small scale Hamburg civil war. Lead by Laura Blohm. future!Laura 2.0. Probably still travelling through time and jumping to Hamburg BEFORE she dies at the hands of Thomas SchrÃ¶der. Who is there, also. Meanwhile another elusive figure makes his entrance in the MartinistraÃŸe. Yeah, strange guys always hang out there. The hooded guy and Hoshi might become friends or partners from hell, but he surely has a good timing. As I got the feeling whatever happened in the subway station Munzburg will happen in Edeka too. Soon!
ESTI has finally entered the game. And Markus, Mr. Black and Jonah "I donÂ´t care, why is he still alvie" StÃ¼rmer took over police for now. And Alicia indeed got the BS. But Laura is not human. Stop. NOT HUMAN? Well, maybe there is more to the theory about the BS kids causing the change than one might think. Then again . . .
4. . . . Jacob Zinsky. The most wanted man alive is still out there. And Beckfris, Diana (the plaything of Milton) and Jameson are all on the hunt. And who might have thought, Rufus is ahead of the rest. He got the guys computer! And a fancy thing it is. Speaking of fancy things, he also had sex with Lilith! Yeah, not to forget, that small detail. And a heartbreaking goodbye, indeed.
Beckfris got his own affair. In his case with a shapechanging killer machine
Was that a climatic post or what? I am so excited! Can't wait to reply!
Indeed, looks like the Caleb situation finally reveals itself!
Dammit! Fin got me threre. I know I am GM and should know it all. But Fin doesmÂ´t work that way and he got me at CorbenÂ´s by dsurprise . . . totally by surprise . . .
Anybody else got who the new arrival is?!?! What the hell is he doing . . . THERE!
Great summary as always TSG: But shrotly before things got connected. TDOÂ´s guys make their move in Hamburg! ESTI is under threat and indeed lordT. Indeed.
What is HE doing there? Or is it future!him?
The vanishing gets a few interesting . . . details.
Xany and TGI have travelled through time, obviously. Ely is where it was used to be just CorbenÂ´s vanished, while at CorbenÂ´s people seem to think the other way around.
Sharon met Not!Sharon. And interesting . . . theyÂ´re versions seem to differ. Not!Sharon coming from another past then Sharon. Which contradcits my theory that they cannot change anything but are meant to do a certain something.
In Germany we got Laura Blohm appear twice from the future. Once she gets killed and after that she starts a roit. That is not very Laura-like. But then again, itÂ´s the future of her. That she appears after her death makes kinda sense. Obviously she wanted to start the roit first, move further back in time and then kill Thomas and warn herself. BUT that means time-travelling technology exists already or it is portable. As she did it twice and once from our time. She could not travel back or anywhere if she did it once, only. With no technological means to return.
So, Robert made an entrance. He is changed. Was he in Kiel? If so we got No3. But we cannot rule out he was among those who did not vanish, actually. Or something else happened to him.
God, I am not even convinced they do travel in time. So far it could be doppelgangers. Maybe even clones. Their behavior is different. Although not!Sharon seemed to be the real thing . . .
I consider the vanishings to be a problem in time and space a given by now. Ely taught us so much and IÂ´ll work under that assumption until Fin Anvil and T throw anything else at us. So, I would have a tendency to think there is little religious component in this if not . . . for the sole reason of a PM I got which I form into a post as you read this . . . to tell me otherwise . . .
Coming soon. Thoughts from the mind of Jacob Zinsky.
I'm curious to see how many players have aces hidden up their sleeves, personally.
Indeed. I got a watchlist of characters I expect twists and turns from. And actually some my find aces they did not know they had . . . Well, I could use an ace right now. I think my best chance to deal with my odds is not to think about Â´em.
I think we can safely dismiss the clone theory, for Laura at least, since if the Laura that was killed by Thomas would be a clone, she would be younger than original Laura not older, so unless original Laura was cloned and her clone time travelled into the past, or the original Laura is the cloned Laura, the clone theory is impossible.
Just to play the unsung point of view: What if Laura was the clone and not the original? She is not, aparently, human when one comes down to at least her genetic structure, so perhaps she was the test tube baby.
The possibility if the others are to be considered clones that were started recently, during the life of original Laura, then they might of figured out how to maintain fetal growth rate materation up to adulthood and then just did a huge mental re-education dump of some form. Another point to consider is that, such with the sheep Dolly, clones have a naturally faster life with an aging rate of nearly 1.5 times that of the original. Not to mention other poor health risks for cancers and whatnot.
Currently I do not think Laura even knows what she is, which makes this very interesting. Especially when she finally is faced with the truth, whatever that may be.
Yes, I think the older Laura being a clone makes little sense, except she indeed ages faster. But Laura being a tube baby would probably fit. Carl Weber could be responsible for that. He was named as the owner of a LOT of bio-gen firms and if we find out he brought her to the project of Finke . . . actually could we see them trying to recreate Laura, here?
And she is not a human. Is that why she can travel through time? Or are these indeed more versions of HER? If it is three LauraÂ´s that would explain why they act so different. One tries and kill Thomas. Who is obviously a very dangerous man. One tries to burn HH down (even though probably to rescue Laura 1.0, or OurLaura) and she seems to be more shy. That could actually be fatal, because Laura stays so calm, because she assumes she is immortal, until she travels in time. Maybe she isnÂ´t.
It would also explain her difficult relationship with her father. Who might not be her father.
Next question? What does it mean Laura is NOT MORTAL? Is she one of the "non-humans"? Like Mitlon Prest and the Anton guy from CorbenÂ´s Inn? Their daughter, possibly? Anton lives in Germany. I actually bet John Morris is send to kill HIM! So, what is this about? These guys seem not to cause the Chagne, but fear it just like humans. Although theya seem to have a better control of it (but far from perfect). Maybe they are just older like Lilith (my fav candidate to be one of them) and John Morris (possibly next one in the line). Dammit, I die to learn more . . .
How Zinsky and his Mythology-obsession fits in, is still a mystery to me.
On another hand. INDEED HOLY FREK! Who made his way to CorbenÂ´s Inn? Wearing the most ugly gun in the world? And Jackson Clay, my fav candidate for the hero of this piece . . . is a pervert and murderer of at least one young woman? Oh no! Sins of the Saints is definitly in "full-speed-ahead" mode right now.
And a new riddle.
What is it with flight 2440? Who is Tony? Who is in first class?
Actually, they don't really differ... at least, not yet.
I think they do. Because not!Sharon seemed not to remember having met her old self and then watched her die. Or do you think she planned on dying? Because if she wanted to live, she would have run the second she saw you, right? And she would have known that she would be shot when she tried to shoot you.
Also, she yelled at you that you "shouldnÂ´t be there". I think something was wrong with her version. She was angry you showed up. Something had "changed" it.
I see what you mean. Or ... nothing is different, and not!Sharon remembers seeing her older self shot but spent the next forty-odd years trying to prevent that 'future' from happening. Thus when Sharon showed up after all with Henley in tow, the old woman just went nuts - all You shouldn't be here! I changed it!
We also have to consider we are in a repetition that has two steps. Therefore they always catalize the next in an endless circle. Anyway, I agree . . .
But a thought: Killing present!Sharon would also kill future!Sharon. So, she wanted to commit suicide, actually. Why try and shot you, if she wanted to die? Maybe it was a flash of a thought, that she should do it. You actually provoked her a bit. And before she realized that had happened before she got shot. Or it happened slightly different last time.
Alhough we KNOW future can be changed. What is the purpose of not!Lauras warning otherwise? If she knew she got it last time and went after her father and failed with Alice anyway ... why try it sagain? Why not something else?
It all coems down to fate. Is there fate? A destiny? I think no more. Why?
A short line from Milton Prest. He donÂ´t knows what will happen anymore. Tadaaah!
I was never quite sure about that. I - that is to say, Sharon - was reasonably certain that future!Sharon wouldn't have deliberately pulled the trigger, but would she have if Sharon tried to go for the gun ...? Couldn't say. Future!Sharon seemed so completely deranged that she possibly hadn't thought the whole "hey, if I kill my past self ..." thing through to the conclusion.
The future has definitely changed. We stymied Milton Prest. Ta-dah!
Well, I guess weÂ´ll find out what he is all about soon enough, then. I got a damned bad feeling about it. A damn bad feeling.
And I just heard the rumor (from a reliable source) there are plans for a prequel showing us the Jacob Zinsky story! YEAH! TADAH!
My ace talks. Well, one of.
For upcoming eastern I plan to hide a true Easteregg for SotS.
CanÂ´t say anything about the abov.e I donÂ´t have the answers, but may spill some of my secrets if I go into theorizing . . .
So, an airplane and a black smoke? Oh, who hasnÂ´t got what is Fins favourite TV series, right now?!?
Think Tony is interesting over there. You do not cast Tony Leung for anything else than an important role. I am sure of that!
Found the easter egg . . . aaah! That one is spoilerific. Looks like we need a casting for Jacob Zinsky, soon.
So, if anyone wants to know where to find it, please PM me. WasnÂ´t that hard, actually. Hehe.
I love reading the speculations... Thank you Fins for SotS and now PoaJ!