main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Pieces Of A Jigsaw ~ The SotS Discussion Group *spoilers allowed*

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Bro, you´ll love Hamburg. What these GMs are doing to me is simply sinister! [face_plain] Actually Thomas is right. Is he?

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, Sirak I would want my character to a get a move on, to be a part of what actually happens upstairs with Laura and Thomas. Instead he stops off to clean off before facing the Finnish military, and when he does he lets them do the grunt work instead of trying to meddle his way up there to over-see things. Which means, at this point, I have nothing to do but watch and play the observing party of what happens. Ugh.

3. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I wouldn´t be too sure of that [face_laugh] You should know me. I never take the straight route between two plots. It´s just not confusing enough for you guys!

Sirak, I got PMs again. When is the FAQ ready :p Because those questions become more frequently asked. ;)

4. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    So I did it again. Took a hard copy from work with me and read it in the subway. The thing got stuck and I had a lot of time. While reading stuff I once again found a lot of details. A lot of things to pay attention to. But most had been forgotten once I was done with my chinese food and hot bath.

What remains is the following:

1. Carl-future doesn´t seem to know a Carl-native-future seems to exist.

2. People travel to the future only in Nevada so far. Therefore I assume neither Sumiko nor Andy will return. I actually know why that is the case. It is the device Sharon buried in the desert.

3. Thomas Schröder is a smart kind of monster. He really is. Yet, I think he is doomed by his lack of knowledge. Hopefully. He is so scary.

4. I start getting a very clear picture of what the Change is and why it happens and who is how involved. But the picture what all these powers are currently doing is a big cacophony of deception and lies! After all I think all groups are tracking Sebastian Falk and whatever happened in LordTs unreleased game. Karl and Carl seem no longer to follow the same gameplan, which means present Carl has changed his plan (future seems to stick to his) meaning something markus told or showed him changed Carl´s plans.

5. Lilith and Carl underestimate their son. :p There will be blood. btw, the Brit and American having a drink was kinda cute.

6. Sarah Brandt and Stuart? Leonard in the Jabe hospital? For not being connected, the two games share hell of a setting in Tokyo :p

5. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Do they? Share a setting?

Anyway, away 'til Tuesday. And LordT and I agreed to postpone The Sins of the Past (as Sins of Days Long Past had been renamed) until the move is done. More on the plans for the move and the situation in general in that FAQ Sirak will hopefully post soon.

Have a great weekend.

-Fin-

6. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Before I get into the car, sorry btw for double posting, I wanted to point out there is now a "All the Sins of the Saints" group on facebook, for those interested. nothing in there so far, but that might change. And it can help staying in contact when the boards goes down.
    Now on to my trip.

Bye.

7. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Well I think we have reached in Hamburg the point where meta-game knowledge for locations has clashed with lack thereof with me[face_beatup]

Still interested to see what Laura will do, what will happen to Thomas. So many ways left that this thing can play out.

8. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Atleast the only one who hadnt killed anybody the only one who has a gun now!

9. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I don't know, Thomas is keeping too close to his gun to make me comfortable.

10. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Guns are overrated.

11. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Very true, still with Thomas' injuries I figure that the gun is his most dangerous deadly ability. . .beyond his ability to possibly manipulate Laura that is, and somehow still come off as an inocent bistander to new people.

12. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Well, is has a set of useful skills. And the regenerating freak-mutant might not be Mr. Trustworthy to Laura. And she has a gun. That is enough for me, right now [face_laugh]

13. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    In the end if you wanna do something right, you gotta do it yourself.

The FAQ!

[b]
    Sins of the Fathers/Sins of the Sons FAQ[/b]

[i]So, as I recently really, really had a few questions concerning the two games, I compiled them with the help of SirakRomar and hope this little FAQ clears up all questions, or sends you away crying in confused despair![/i]

[b]How long will the games last?[/b]

Hard to say, as this depends on players more than on my planning. But not terribly long. Do not expect to see a thousand posts. Actually all storyline are between 30% and 50% completed, I´d say. Hamburg might even be a bit further, but will be extended therefore.
    It wasn´t meant to be an ongoing game. It has a story to tell and once it is told, it will end.

[b]What happened to the characters of left players? Can I use them for my plot?[/b]

Well, they all still exist, except I killed them of, which I did with a few. I GM characters who leave. Once I do, they are mine. The original player has no say about them anymore.

[b]Will all the storylines eventually come together?[/b]

No. Some will, others don´t. It is a global portray of these times and troubles. And I expect the storyline to stay separated, also one of our storylines was ?boxed? and two of the others will ?touch? each other. There is no main storyline, though. All have their story to tell. And right now they all have their own speeds, too. Which is fine by me. As long as any player updates I will update him. And if one storyline concludes in the end, the game will be done.
    Sins of the Sons actually has no different storylines, although it might appear as such. It is only one plot. You will see.

[b]Will the games merger into one?[/b]

The Sins of the Fathers and The sins of the Sons were separated for many reasons, both plotwise and practical. One is, that I don´t wanna link them and then be left with one unfinished and the other already concluded and dragged into length. So I expect one of them to finish earlier than the other. The second thing is, they are simply not . . . THAT connected. Can´t really tell. But trust me, it would have been more confusing for you players to make them in one game than to separate.

[b]Are the games actually connected? They both play in the same hospital?[/b]

They play in the same world, meaning they apply to the same fictional rules. They also share Carl as a bridge character. They won´t exchange players or plots. Jabe-hospital is indeed a connection, but more of a gimmick to be true. The story would have worked with two different hospitals just as well.
    But I like it we get a glimpse at the other games. Feels so damned meta nad makes me feel so damned clever, you know? Leave a little joy to your GM.

[b]What happened to LordTs prequel?[/b]

After the move [b]The Sins of the Past[/b] will come up and start recruiting players. It will be a very different take on things and not have The Change or any of my supernatural elements in it. I would say it is a classical stand-alone.

[b]I don´t get all of it, should I drop out?[/b]

Nope, as long as you can follow your character? If you cannot PM me.

[b]
    What happened to this computer game you sold the story to?[/b]

In development. These things need a lot longer than you think 8or I thought) but I was told 2012 the reveal will come, if they get a stage two ?go?. Anyway, still not allowed to tell anything about it. And actually details get a bit blurry anyway. It isn´t as if I was in daily contact with them, I met them last time in November. Concept art looked awesome, though.

I isn´t an adaption, though. Not at all. Just the basic premise is the same and some settings and character ideas made itinto the final drafts of the script.

[b]Is anything of the above a lie?[/b]

Mayhaps? If I have to cover a plot, I actually stop at nothing! I killed God in my game, don´t expect something ordinary as "the truth" to be holy to me!

[u][i]The unasked question:[/i][/u]

[b]What do we do with the move?[/b]

Well, if htere is one game approving CHANGE it is SotS. [face_tongue

14. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Have you intentionally left out the part about taking new players, Fin? In my version you ansered a question about it.

And Thomas! Markus! It is breaking my heart. It is really breaking my heart. It is so diabolical. No supernatural force or power could ever, EVER be so hateable as Thomas! I would congratulate you on him, LordT, but I am too disgusted by this!

But . . . it is the Bohmann-syndrome! I knew it. They are undying because of the Bohmann-syndrome which Alice inherited from her father! It has something to do with the immortals. You can read my theory somewhere on the first few pages here about that! I almost forgot that Alice was in that test-group of her mother, because she "suffered" from it!

15. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    It's horrible! :( That revelation right there just blew my mind. I've been trying to keep up with Hamburg, but I'm thinking of going back to the beginning and reading over it. Everyone there is so involved. And I hate Thomas. I think LordT deserves a pat on the back for him. Very, very believable.

16. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I don't hate Thomas, I despise him. But he is very realistic and right now, he made a very interesting swan song for himself.

17. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Even I despise him. [face_shhh] But he finally has given me free.

As Fin said to me via PM there were only a certain amount of posts I could do before I died. The explosion had him mortally wounded.

Just if anybody wondered though (and I hope nobody did) any Godmodding by Mitth was approved by me in this final confrontation.

And this nasty little idea was Fins. When he told me what happened after SotS in that flat, I simply knew what Thomas would do. Scary is it? I kinda always knew what he would do . . .

18. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    I hate him and in a way I love LordT for making me hate him! [face_laugh] Does it make any sense?

But yes, the most realistic of all our villians (and probably one of the most realistic of all villians I can recall at all!) and the most scary one for sure! Forget Hoole and Palpatine. Thomas Schröder aka DJ Dexter outdid them all, LordT.

=D=

[face_not_talking]

[:D]

19. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Ah, I knew I was forgetting something when I rewrote that post.

This is definately an end of an epic story driven character.

20. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I was much to excited about the scene to wonder about Godmodding [face_worried]

What an amazing, gritty end to the character who had once been only a supporting cast-member and then proofed that "Tony" was indeed true in my intro.
    A wicked mind, the worst weapon of mass destruction!

Amazing scene by you three there. Heartbreaking, realistic and nevertheless spectecular. I usually don´t comment on my game and there is a lot good to say about all my dedicated players, but this was probably my favourite thriller to read! So I had to break my silence.

And I might be the only one, but I´ll miss Thomas!

21. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    I think Laura feels a bit incomplete without him, although I played no scene with him until last week. [face_laugh] Ironic, is it?

And I know you do not like credits for scenes you had no "hand in" (I think you did, but anyway), but SotF is probably the only game where such scenes could ever play out. So this is your doing, Fin! What a game. :)

22. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
  23. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Awesome scene. Feels a bit like a midseason finale to me. :)

24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I shall be definitely looking into that game if it happens. Keep me appraised, Fin. If you need a hand with anything, you're welcome to ask.

Otherwise... the devil finally died and took his truth with him.

After we were so happy he was gone. :(

25. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    I almost forgot Laura knows Karl pretty well. She babysitted his "stepdaughter" after all :p

Oh, did Karl loose his powers in SotSo because of what Caine did too him? and now I get the irony of Backfris calling Caine Adam! How funny. Especially because . . . if Karl was his father there was no ADAM. ;)

So, I think it is time to think about the fictional nature of the dead fictional God of ASotS. Does all that happens really NOT go according to a masterplan? Or do we see the end of our world, as it was always desgined to happen, by him? Were THE THREE only tools? A planned and provoked rebellion to see his own death? So Sebastian Falk could one day take his place? Of all people him?

When Fin proposed that plot about Laura´s father to me such a long time ago, I had no idea what evil he was brewing there.

So it looks in Tokyo and in Hamburg the hunt for Sebastian is on. I wonder who will be on whose side in the end of the day. The end of all days!

And we finally meet a mouthless! CPL, rip every bit of knowledge from her! They are still something I do not understand. Who are they? Where do they come from? What is their purpose?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.