main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Pieces Of A Jigsaw ~ The SotS Discussion Group *spoilers allowed*

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Yeah, I am in the process of reading the game so far. It is easy to skip posts and then it is like missing chapters from a novel. Us fanatics have a hard time.

And Thomas Schröder! Dead! The man who put the PSYCHO in psychological horror! Great work guys. Really. Great scene.

2. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_worried] :_|

I got the PM of PMs from our GM. Oh man, one day I´ll reveal it you and you will see how this can be considered a clear and obvious attack on my sanity as a player. Lovely. I will need a few days to write that next update, I think [face_laugh]

Draco, gimme the hardcopy when you´re done, please!

And poor Markus. Karl. Do we all agree he has become the BIG BAD at this point? I really . . . fear him. Not the despise or fascination I have for others. man, I even can pitty Caine a bit. But Karl. He could be good. He just does. not. care.

Anyway, as we are all in such a celebrating mood I wanna point everybody who haven´t read it yet to give the last update about Milton Prest a look! This is the most lovely character introduction I have ever read. There is all of his story and yet it is only a joke. That guy is really embracing human ideas, does he?

"Beautiful is it? How he jumps to conclusions." [face_laugh] Anybody realized Fin is really only giving Prest the good oneliners?

Anybody remember?

Tony: "The wicked mind is probably is probably the most dangerous weapon of mass destrction."
    Prest: "I prefer nukes."

Anyway, I feel SotF has finally ascended it´s mothergame and now this stupid moves comes. Bah!

3. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Markus Jethro Finkmann Christianson. Oh, Mitth, how I love that guy. But somehow I have no character in my considerable arsenal, that could make your life easier, sorry!

Speaking of which, we have the minimum participants of the "Prequel-combineds". So they might happen when THE MOVE comes. I actually suggest we call it the BOARD CHANGE! We are SotSers, right?

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    No problem, if was easy it wouldn't mean as much right?o_O

This I think is one of the first straight corelations of Markus Jethro Flinkman Christianson that corresponds to a phenomina in life that I've experienced. The uncontrolled laughter, in a bad situation, for no great reason but simply because feels the knuckled need to laugh. Whether for sanity, for a change, or even just because the opposite has encroached too long upon the soul to bear it.

YES! I agree, the Change! Coming to a board under you.;)

5. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Why do I always do Post 300? A numerology secret? Anyway, a bit less available next week, probably. But back in full force, FULL force at the weekend!

6. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Got a hardcopy of the game again sponsored by TSG. Wonderful, but I have a pressing question.

I read through all of it and it is quite clear what is going on, if sorted by storylines.

Milton Prest bets on the Mouthless. He killed a Carl (I imagine that is a full blown declaration of war between them) The Mouthless seem to be kinda Prophets and YES they come from the future. I figured that out long ago! But they might be nothing ubt a distraction from the real problem. The real deal, which Carl pursues in . . .

Europe. Oh good ole Europe. After our little Serialkiller-Timetravel-Thriller we still got Carl and he means business. The hunt for Sebasdtian Falk is on and hell, I don´t buy a second he is trying to help us all! but with Markus and Laura in his grasp he might be the leading power right now hunting . . .

Sebastian Falk. Or Daddy as I call him. WTF? I mean, where is he, what does he want and could it be he just went totally nuts? Most likely, as the change does not seem to be the result of a sane God . . . but is there more? Is there still something covered by the many half-truth we heard? Our only source on him is hardly reliable. where is he? Still in Africa?

Asia. Caine´s hunting ground. Or Adam or whatever you wanna call the bastard son of Carl and the first immortal Lilith from the time of Mesopotania. I don´t buy he is behind the change, not his style. But what is it he wants? From the end of SotS I´d say he is out to KILL GOD! Well, that could cause the Change, especially if it is a temporal problem. He is still a big unknown. And neither Carl nor Milton nor sebastian seem to have great assets in Tokyo. So it is Rudyard and Rufus (Rudi and rufi as I call them) against the worst nightmare of humanity, the ultimate murderer. BTW, I consider Lilith to be toast, pretty soon!

Future. Oh yeah, strabnge lands. It THIS how it all ends? Barren lands and ruins, abandoned by all but a tortured few? A battleground of those Demigods who lost, because their views were outdated? And what did Tony plan when he send all those people after Karl? No his death. He did not order anybody to kill him. So what?

Which leaves me with the big question, who is actually fighting for us? I mean Rufus, Rudyard, Markus, Sumiko, andy not really . . . Sarah, Laura not really either and the brave but unknowing cops and soldiers in DC . . . we need a bit help down here. So where is TONY? the only immortal who ever showed anything but sympathy and potential for good. so where ish e? Last seen in that damned plane to Tokyo he seems to jump bodies, also I will always imagine him to look like Tony Leung in 2046. But did I miss something or did he leave the scene without saying goodbye?

7. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Tony? Oh I must have forgotten about him :p

Anyway, updates coming tomorrow. Had no time for my monday update so you´ll all have on tomorrow and then a wuw. (Wild Update Weekend)

8. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Another round of did you know?

Okay. Nobody asked for it, but here it is anyway.

Our five fun-facts of the week about The Sins of the Fathers and The Sins of the Sons

Did you know . . .

1. that the motel in Tokyo is actually taken from the work of one of Fin´s favourite authors? New Rose Hotel.

2. that every house someone was killed in within the Hamburg storyline was one where the GM of the game had once lived in? First living community, parents house, ex-girls-friends house. In that order. And if a body is in Kiel, that was his first own appartment. :p

3. that Thomas Schröder is indicated to have killed the GM? Yes, the lawyer-friend he called at some point and of which we never heard of again is actually a guy that has a lot of similiarity to Fin. In SotS was even a picture of him, which is now offline, I am afraid.

4. that Stuart from SotSo has the same problem than the Protagonist of PRESENCE?

5. that the interview of Fin by SirakRomar for this group here turned out to go so long, she now has to shorten it to half the length? (I am against it, just bore us to hell and give us all of it!)

9. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Is a GM dead if he dies off-screen? But nice you got my little in-joke about the houses and flats. Thoight nobody would get them. Now I only need a kill in Altona. :p

Oh that interview. I already begin to regret it.

10. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Fascinating. [face_mischief]

Anyway I already have a quote and song picked out for the meeting with Laura/Sebastian meeting. So this should be interesting once I get LordT's waylay out of the way. In looking at one's roots, it's hard not to be distracted by them. So for now I shall walk away and ponder these things quietly.

11. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Probably a good time to let people know that we Germans are cut off a lot of links from youtube, because the German GEMA (rights managment for artists) has blocked them. Fin and I can find a way around it via proxy, but Sirak might not. :rolleyes: Damned GeMA.

12. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    I finally found the guy from Presence. And look, he even got it in his bio already. Thought release was next week?

So, Sirak and I wondered lately if we "all-readers" should probably provide a plot-overview for everybody interested. Might be good to give people extra-perspective and those who avoid spoilers don´t come here anyway, I guess. So what do you people think? Would something like this be interesting to you?

13. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    I'd be very interested in seeing that, TSG. :D

And I really enjoyed the "wuw". Sumiko has to be one of my most favorite characters in the game. She's so innocent, and yet she is so involved in the thick of things. Also, Sarah really intrigues me. What with her dream-visions, and this Stuart guy. [face_thinking] I'll have to go back and read over things in both games.

And my POV on Karl is actually not as bad as before. Or the SotSo Karl, at least. Maybe he was going to do it anyway, but he did probably the only thing possibly to get Andy back to Vincent. Now, if those doctors could actually leave her room and try to find him. . .:p

14. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    I just read SotSo completely over the weekend (boring training-sessions do that to you) and I don´t think that scene is going into that direction Spy :p When I read the scene I just thought Andy makes a big mistake!

Anyway, I did not realize Andy knows Vincent for less than 24 hours! Okay! Than he did not get there because he was together with her (the thing I always thought ´til now) and THAT means . . . someone else send him! Everybody on the flight who ended up in the future had been send by someone, so far. Mostly Tony vs. Karl. So is Vincent in Team Tony (doubt that), because if not he is in Team Karl or he is simply Team U.S. Government and through that probably Team Milton. Anyway, I am excited to see what he did with his six days. The character is still not very explored so far. Which usually means he is a key-character in Fin´s game.

And don´t you people learn? Carl Weber was the sweetest, most reasonable heart of the survivor-group in SotS in boston and how did it end? He abandoned them all and left them to die (effectivly killing two player characters by that!). He appears nice, but he cannot be trusted. I think his motivations and insights are clearly to different, to alien to humans to rely on him. But he is mortal now in SotSo. Which means he is probably going to die, soon. After all Jackson seems to be quite capable when it comes to that. But . . . we still do not know what it is all about, do we? SotSo? What is in this small city called Empire? Why did everybody rip out their arms to get into the future? Was the theory right the Change moves backwards through time and they are looking for it´s origin? Or is Sebastian Falk there and no longer present in SotF? I am looking forward to see this unfold.

15. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Co-GM Note

So I read 1st Arpil it is. Let´s hope it is not an April´s fools joke. As we will count on it. The Move is gonna happen anyway.

Fin and I will make sure everybody will have some sort of good point to have his character rest for a few weeks and I guess we´ll be pretty close to the finale by then with most of the storylines. Some will be shorter than others. But that´s totally fine.

SotSo has left the halftime behind. SotF is certainly gonna scratch the end of the second third by then for many storylines. So we got another forty days to finish chapters and then the final chapters begin right after the MOVE.

Thanks all of you for amazing us GMs with your characters!

LordT

16. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    WHOA WHOA WHOA That's not a set date. That'd also be when the boards came BACK.

When the actual move date is announced, you'll know, because it will be obnoxiously plastered in all the social threads, moving thread titles, moving thread text, and, yes, the scrolling announcement.:p

17. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    EDIT: Posted in wrong thread.

Although this meeting of the Hamburg'ers is going to be interesting:p

18. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Oh I am sorry then. I´ll edit my posts if I still can.

19. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Well it looks like in this game spy's PC is going to be hunting mine, and in our SW game spy's PC is going to be trying to date mine :p

And can someone please remind me who in the world "Moore" is? and why the Mouthless would be afraid of him/her?

20. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I can tell you who the Moor's were if that helps [face_batting] Unfortunately I cannot remember Moore. . .was he the one in the lab in SotS that was experimenting on a mouthless one before the nuke? Now I must go back and read again.[face_monkey]

EDIT: Correction, I know the answer. Thomas Moore is from SotS storyline, my original inkling was correct, he was in a facility underground of Harvard, Boston. Inside he had a 'bubble' containment with a male mouthless sealed inside which he was studying in correlation to the Change. Everyone was using biohazard precautions and he knew about Caleb. When the mouthless was first revealed Moore asked if there was any 'change' in the mouthless, and prior to that seemed to be studying a double-helix that I think probably belonged to the mouthless. He is a frustrated individual given the task by the President of the USA, which in turn implies that a certain ex-immortal 25,000 year old might have his fingers dipped in it as well.:-B

21. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    I think Mitth is right. There was a Professor Moore in the teasers, obviously the think-tank mastermind of the US project to decrypt the Change. And there was a Professor having a Mouthless in Boston (and possibly got nuked if he did not leave, but obviously such a man COULD have been summoned to D.C.) as a prisoner. I think that was the same. So she might know about him and be running from him?

Anyway, I think the guy was in talkshows and everything, so it isn´t too much a stretch for you to know him, is it? (Fin, is it?)

I actually thought she tried to get to him first when I read it. Oh girl, can´t you tell us . . . oh no, you can´t. [face_thinking]

22. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Why did I actually ever allow a spoiler forum? Can anybody remind me? :p

Seriously, I am impressed. :cool:

23. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Me, too! Looks like all the loose strings of SotS are tied up in D.C. after all!

But who the hell are those mouthless!?!?

Anyway, I did not see the events coming that happened on the last two pages. Run CPL! Milton must not get another piece to use against us!

24. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Could not update today, as I forgot my harddrive on which the update was. Sorry. I´ll put it up tomorrow in the bureau. :rolleyes:

Actually I got a PM to use more sountrack as I did in SotS. Anybody else missing it?

25. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Actually I forgot it wasn't there. . .speaking of soundtrack I forgot the music that I was going to use with Laura. Oh well, maybe later.

I thought I would provide a translation in here for the Klingon that my character spoke and the ancients new and old ignored: Death makes a poor master.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.