main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Pieces Of A Jigsaw ~ The SotS Discussion Group *spoilers allowed*

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    I loved those three main themes for SotS. The other music was more or less not necessary. But those three songs really made the game for me. Dead Can´t Dance - The SotS Theme; Ben´s theme (I believe mostly for Tony, right?) and Departure from Gatacca (Sebastian´s Theme, clearly). If you wanna give SotF the same treatment, I would certainly not object, Fin. A few characteristic themes would be at least interesting, but probably even adding even more atmosphere to the game.

2. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    I think the music adds to the game.

I must say SotSo is getting good, if it wasn't already. All these updates make it very exciting and fun. :)

And Leigh, I'm going to reply. Just asking Fin a few things.

Also...here I come, CPL. [face_skull]

:p

3. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Talking to Carl is like dancing in a mine field. A game of chess with an unknown number of enemy pieces. It is what he does not say and the questions he does not answer or leave to Markus who contain the truth, I believe. And when he answers he gives such easy to understand answers in a game which has no easy to understand answers.

:mad:

I love it how he uses our cultural conditioning against us. [face_laugh] I reread all dialogue so far and realized that his internal musings and his external talk are based on two very different sets of facts. And the external ones always sound so much more familiar and therefore true . . . [face_mischief] But Laura is a smart one, LordT!

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I had to rewrite my post three times because of that internal verses external dialogue[face_laugh] I also realized how my characters reactions would be so different if Karl had said everything or the internal/external were switched. So much is being left distorted, I think I would have to voice one of Weber's own questions about himself, wherre when he did his big reveal to Markus and in SotSo he had to stop himself and realize how hard it was to tell the truth after lieing so long. I wonder how much of a glitch that will become to all our characters.

5. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Yeah, also I think his view on Sebastian could be pretty right. Being the teacher of a generation that doesn´t like to be teached . . . and none of us accepts his role- Although none of us has any more reason to except the "it cannot be"-argument. As a player I actually think he might very well be the real thing. After all that happened. After all he did. He showed greater power than his predecessor ever showed.

Anyway, Karl really is revealing info as he needs us to know and knowing what a tactical mind LordT has, I am highly uneasy on doing my decisions with only his words to base them on, while I obviously have little other idea. Especially since he let´s Markus do the "selling" of certain points. After he was feeding them to him. We slowly adopt his story as SotS story and I am wondering if we are not buying a few things which he sees an advantage in. After all this creature watched "false religions" for decades. He certainly knows the power of faith.

6. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    For the record, as I am lurking you from Tokyo with the utmost interest (I believe our groups will end up in exy the same spot): I think Carl has set up a trap, he has used a bait and you two have bitten.

That guy knows it all. He has infos greater than any of us, so his take on all of it is certainly much more refined htan our stumbing attempts to decrpyt what the hell is going on. So I wonder what LordT would do, if Fin gave him an NPC and asked him top play a slightly alien, near omniscient guy as complex as possible. Serious. How does an intellect like Karl´s work? How does he play people? Certainly not like a b-movie Lucifer. SotS is a bit too grounded for that. So what does he do? I believe he plays you. both of you, Milton, Caine and Lilith. He knows. He had figured it out. And now he allows all of you to think you know better, while you all stumble right where he needs you. Why hasn´t he presented proof of his claims so far? Are they untrue? Certainly not. But he presents them incomplete and doubtable. Why? Read how he reacts to people when they doubt his words. He always expects that. I actually believe LordT does exactly that. BECAUSE HE IS HIDING SOMETHING. And he keeps us all busy doubting the rest. Which accidentially will turn out to be true while WE ALL never asked about that other thing he wants to keep for himself . . .

And that is: WHAT IS THE CHANGE?

Sebastian being God explains nothing, yet. Even his theory of Sebastian being mad at us exlains nothing. The Change has certain patterns, certain chains of events. It does not happen randomly. So what purpose does it serve? what is the outcome? I believe Carl knows. I can only hope Zinsky knew too, because I believe someone has to find out before this ends, or we´ll never see a happy ending [face_laugh]

Fin actually told me the other day there is a number of possible outcomes. Rare thing, him talking in private about the game. He usually does not participate in any talk about it. He said: Despite the link between games, there is not set outcome. And he also made pretty clear, he expect a non-happy ending for some of us. Which I kinda guessed. But interesting, is it? Didn´t we all assume so far the end in it´s form was inevitable? We seem to have some sort of influence . . . not only for our guys, but the world as a whole.

7. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    And another endgame approaching for another character of mine. I am bleeding characters here, am I?

Good hteory on Karl, Draco. But you think I am so easy to be figured out :p

8. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Actually I agree LordT is masterfully playing this ancient manipulator who isn´t probably even aware he is using us and our angles against us. But I disagree with the fact Carl has figured it all out. His "other self" in SotSo actually thinks he is entirely wrong. And while I see slowly how his endgame comes together, I wonder if he hasn´t overseen a few possible . . . problems there. Especially his unawareness to the other hunters could be fatal. I certainly hope so. As sooner or later he will be the end of all of us.

Actually the truth is I suppose . . . he knew God. He just did not know him all that well.

9. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I am a bit busy right now with a deadline. But updates will come in from tomorrow on one by one for both games.

10. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Just got a call from TSg yesterday and among all the girl´s stuff we talk about, she has read SotSo and SotF lately on her way to work. Guess what . . . everybody right now is missing something terrible about to happen. In Tokyo. :eek:

11. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Well, let´s see. I think we´re one or two updates away from a player character death . . . my guess. Tokyo has suddenly become a muss less desirable location to be, I´d say :p

12. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Updates coming today and tomorrow. Actually we are all passing the latest moment I wanted to go into the MOVE break, but what can I do . . . so we´ll just play on asi fn o move is happening.

13. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    OMG, Sirak, TSG now I see what you two mean! LEONARD! Dammit!

14. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    So the Move is coming at the 21st of this month, as most of you probably heard already. That is next week already. LordT and I have agreed to update until Monday and then save the game and go into Midseason finale. Maybe a good time to talk about our progress and what lies ahead?

Well, we are a good chunk into the second of three acts with most of our storylines. Those who have been a bit slower might be adjusted to meet an appropriate end in time, too. Those who have been very fast will get the pleasure of seeing the whole storyline, as it was planned. Something I had not expected to be happening. A nice surprise for me as a GM all my shortening plans were unecessary.

When we get back up on the new boards we have probably another two month to play. So the finale is coming closer now.

But before that, we´ll see the Prologues. On the weekend I´ll figure out how to do it. For those who haven´t heard about it, we hae a facebook group now, too. It serves as our emergency contact, should the temp boards not work.

And The Sins of the Past, LordT´s entry into our canon will come up on the new boards. It is a more personal story telling of a part of the mythology barely touched so far, yet rather interesting for our hardcore-SotSers, probably. but it also is a perfct fresh start for everyone else, as knowledge of the main games is not only unecessary over there, it is more or less useless. So look out for that one and try to snatch a spot, if interest is there.

So far so good. Let the Move come. We waited long enough.

-Fin-

15. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Will The Sins of the Past then endure longer than the two sequels? I always wondered which one will be the last ASotS game standing :p

16. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Actually the splitting of the storylines and time-frames into different games was meant to free me of this concern. The games will end when they end. Some might go longer, some not. We do not intend to have the end of ASotS necessary be the last played finale or anything. They all stand and end for themselves.

17. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Sorry guys, post coming tomorrow sometime, I've been saving the world from another threat this last week *cough*Reapers*cough* :p

18. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Here comes the predicted character´s death. And it isn´t Rufus! Hopefully!

19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'll be making sure it isn't!

20. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Nooooo! I totally was rooting for a Lilith and Rufus on a carribean island Happy Ending! Okay, all theories about Carl/Sebastian/Prest to the drawing board, we might have underestimated the first killer in this . . .

21. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Not Lilith! :( I loved her and Rufus!

22. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    So did I . . . Rufus won´t be the same without her.

And ADAM needs to go. Duno how yet, but he needs to DIE!

23. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    We won´t update from now on until the new boards are up. As soon as the temp boards are up, we´ll do our prologues. If you wanna respond to any tag feel free to do so. Tomorrow evening EST we will make a safety copy of all games and then we´ll wait for the MOVE to end.

Prologues will be explained soon and then again on the temp-board.

I wanted to point out, that we have a All the Sins of the Saints page on Facebook, which will be used in cases of emergency to announce stuff, if tempboards do not work out.

To make sure we can go forward with the Prologues anyway, we have also created an email address. If all fails we can use that. So if you wanna make sure the prologues happen for you, write us an email, so we got one of yours.

It is:

asots@hotmail.de

It also has the ability to use the MSN massenger. So if chat becomes necessary, we can do it there.

Thanks all for your continued enthusiasm and passion for our game. We hope to see you all on the new boards for the hopefully stunning conclusion of The Sins of the Fathers and The Sins of the Sons and the brand-new The Sins of the Past.

Game on!

The GMs (Fin and LordT)

24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    As a note, I will be putting Lilith's final post up as a one-shot on the temporary Board, so you guys have something to enjoy mid-break.

25. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Looking forward to it Sinre! So by me and TheSithGirly a final, goodbye-waving round of 5 Things you did not know about All the Sins of the Saints!

or . . .

1. did you know that Fin and Sinrebirth actually had an endgame in WingedJedi´s Chessboards that was a variation of the Immortal Game? The same game Draco now (I assume with Fin´s background suggestion) quotes as an inspiration to kill Lilith to save his own live . . .

2. our dear GM DarkLordoftheFins got a comic project that actually uses a few concepts he also used in this game and which coming together very nicely? Not a lot of a web presence, but if you look for Diogenes/Comic at Facebook you´ll find something.

3. that the Umbra Domini actually exists? A radical church group associated with a massacre in the Balkan wars.

4. that every setting the two GMs used was actually the home of one of them for at least a week? Therefore the places where Sebastian Falk can hide in Africa are somewhat limited.

5. that a real Milton Prest lives in the US . . . in Illinois to be precise and that he IS actually a lawyer? Just like our guy in the game? Karl Weber actually exist hundreds of times over here in Germany. One of them a co-owner of SAP. And I am sure there are Asians called Tony. Like Tony Leung who most of the time plays "Tony" in our game. Meaning all three of the THREE exist in reality! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.