main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Pieces Of A Jigsaw ~ The SotS Discussion Group *spoilers allowed*

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    I got a theory on Flight 2440. Because I think it was mentioned the Sicilian burning happened some time ago, I strongly believe the airplane thing is not the same time as the rest of the game but indeed a few weeks before!

And Tony might actually not predict the future. He might be from it. Much like Robert, not!Laura and Old!Sharon and Corben!Milton. He knows what will happen, because he has experienced it before.

And if 2440 is from before the other stories, up there might be Mr. Milton Prest. Because the Chapter isn´t called Flight 2440. It is called The Passenger. So, who is the Passenger? To early to tell. Not the guy in the 1st class. To simple for Fin. :p

Concerning Weber, I think the relationship between Prest and Weber is odd. Considering the Europeans think Weber financed the project causing the Change. And Prest obviously playing with him, while not knowing what the Change is. I think we might see a very special man there. He appeared in as many storylines as Prest did, but somehow we all overlook him. He is in the German storyline, he is in the Boston one. He might be in the Corben´s Inn one. as "getting the package" and "assassinating Weber" seemed to go hand-in-hand for Mr. Prest.

Also Anton and Prest talked about him. And seemed very amused about him getting shot. Is Weber the good guy and these two the baddies? Is there a freaking good guy? Anywhere?

2. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    We had some mix ups with Chapter Numbers we realized lately. That is because we had a list of wrong numbered Chapters flying around. I made sure that won´t happen again now . . . sorry for any cunfusion.

So, I think my latest update might be something for those who want to read everything of SotS. A lot of development on the large scale. We have no structure except the Chapters, obviously, but I consider this to be my end of Part One.

3. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    The Rotten Core

Observation Two

Oh my . . . the The Change is God theory

So, I am to begin with my theory I defended lately in Chats and on coffee tables. The Change is the doing of God! I think several facts strongly hint to it and imho leave most other explanations flawed.

What speaks against God being behind it? Only the Introduction Teaser, where Robert tell Prest it´s not him. Because they haven´t heard of him for so long . . .

Which I think is true, but not plausible. Because I guess the Change might happen, among other things, because God is pissed at Prest&Co.

Nothing else except some people insisting that Godi s dead hint at it.

What hints to it? Three arguments.

1. The Change itself. It is a happening that seems to be random, but with an intelligent randomness (Prof. Moore arguments is solid, only humans know cities and their borders. So the Change is something that is familiar with abstract ideas like borders). It prefers nobody, it gets worse and it is impossible to achieve by normal means. Vanishings, time-slips . . . it seems to be the doing of something that is omnipotent. God.

2. The Change does not hide. Most theories think a villain is behind it all. But if so, who is it? And what does he do to hide himself? Many things have gone wrong, but never has a power appeared that seemed to contain or hide or cover the Change. Nobody seems to be on the side of the Change. Unusual for games like this. No MiBs. No mystics. Nothing. So, it´s creator is untouchable. Who could that be? Truly beyond humanities capabilities? God.

3. Intro. Jacob Zinsky the person knowing about the Change said: "I got inside information about God." And later told his chat-partner he was "not what you expected."
    I think Jacob was in contact with God. And knows why the Change happened. That is why everybody hunts him.

So, I am sure other will have longer analysis, but this is why I think the Change is actually God´s doing. And by that, the coming of the End of the world.

Does Fin´s latest post question this a bit? Last part? Maybe. Maybe.

4. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    *skims latest updates*

:eek:

Bad things be happening!

*... goes back to read properly...*

5. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    INDEED. inFREAKINGdeed!

And I think in this update full of blood, fire and dead player characters I even think we might have been given a huge piece of the puzzle . . . the guy . . . the guy in the end . . .

And this picture hiding in the last harmless link. Oh my god . . . in the truest sense of the world maybe. :p

Anyway. I´ll soon present my dissenting opinion on Draco´s idea Fin is doing a Battlestar Galactica here and uses God to explain "it all". [face_tongue] Considering how much he hated that finale I will present my theory concerning the Change . . .

6. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Europe goes SoE, US is quarantining it´s own citizens with a deadyl Virus called Caleb. Milton Prest in bthe future is recruiting for the final war against whoever and then this . . .

Have a good look at this last link. If the future is written in SotS it might actually be one hell of a dark game . . .

I bow my head to DarkLordoftheFins, Republic_Anvil and LordTroepfchen.

But one question. If this is the end of the "unofficial" first act? About how many acts are we speaking?

7. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Personally I don't believe it's any god/devil/divined stuff. Many experiences can be described as divined and 'meeting god' might perhaps not be talking to an old man in the clouds. I'm more into sci fi science and aliens X-Files / Heroes style.. But, theres only one way to find out ;)

8. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    I think . . . I might have something big! Something . . . oh my! I think I might have decoded a large part of the puzzle!

I´ll reread and once my theory is out, I´ll post it here . . . oh my, I really think . . .

TDO, I see where you are coming from, but then again, I think it might not be totally naturally either. Too strange it is what is happening.

9. TheGoodImperial

TheGoodImperial Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2009
    Oh, i love that ideas. Actually I am with TDO there. And I really think it isn´t god. It is something with time-lines messed up. Once I return to the game in full capacity, I might try and work it out and post it here!

10. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    My thoughts on flight 2440

If Tony is a time traveller or has some kind of strange power that could explain his constant flitting in and out of sight of Sumiko (Who will probably be extremely tempted to slap him in the face next time they are in close proximity for causing her this much stress and agro lol) Will be interesting to see how thier relationship develops or even just to learn more about him and his role in the story

So the plane is out of the ominous black cloud, but I don't think that the passengers are out of the woods just yet. I'm not convinced the plane will come down in a crash situation but rather have to divert somewhere else due to the emergency situations on board:

Shootings and Dead bodies,
    injured passengers which need more serious medical attention (Andrea)
    A sky marshall who is probably regretting getting up and going to work the ammount of reports he is going to have to fill in after all this.

Also, going back to the whole time-travelling/time lines getting skewed theory, I reckon the plane will not only end up plane will not only end up ina a different place but also at a different point in the timeline which could bring a whole new fresh set of problems

And where the heck is this mysterious first class passenger got too? Is he hiding in the bathroom? :p Was the now deceased stewardess in cahoots with him? Questions Question Questions...

11. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Actually Flight 2440 is in Chapter VIII - The Passenger. And last update for Henley and Sharon was also in your Chapter. Has Fin posted wrong? Or are you guys now in Corben´s far-future timeline? I wonder . . .

If Fin just mixed up his post I am making a lot of hot air here, but I got the feeling you guys are soon joining Corben´s breed!

12. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    My dreams and Andrea's fears have come alive. I just know we will land in Ely with Sharon and John, causing a whole new mess of problems. I requested to go to Corbin's Inn for my second character, but Fin led me to the plane (which I love). Perhaps my dreams have come alive. Perhaps, perhaps.

And Draco, I am mostly sure he did not make a mistake. At least I hope not.

13. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I do not make mistakes.

Except the thing with the Chapters and their numbers. Especially VI and VII I get mixed up all the time.

But the flight is in Chapter VIII now and that´s where John and Sharon have just arrived.

14. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    This'd be where I make a snarky comment about the whole "Darwin was wrong" chapter title, but I'm above that and can suspend my disbelief sufficiently to avoid commenting on the matter.

... Wait...

15. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    I think he just wanted to confirm something Ramza.

And Darwinisright/Darwinsiwrong and Eisteinwasright/Einsteinwaswrong a mistake by the GMs? Thought we had already confirmed that rumor . . . :p

In the second third of SotS I think we will play out a few more cards. So you´ll see more of our deck. But beware. We might just be bluffing. :p

16. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I was just joking around, no worries.:p

17. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Oh I forgot all about it. Relativity of time is right/ Evolution is wrong. I wondered about it. So maybe Evolution is a theory not working in the SotS universe, but the relativity of time obviously is. Wonder whatthat means.

Anyway, looking forward to hear what you got TheSithGiry.

18. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    While I think it's unlikely, "Einstein was Right" could also refer to something related to the energy/mass equivalence formula (Hopefully not the obvious answer), Brownian Motion (Pretty lacking in terms of intimidation - "My god, the Change is random small object motion in water!"), and/or quantum mechanics being non-probabilistic (Which, while interesting in terms of physical consequences, would be hard-pressed - though not impossible - to affect the game as a whole).

I found the last one particularly striking since that's generally regarded as the big area where Einstein was wrong, so yeah.

19. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    So, I had to figure this ou myself, therefore I think mentioning it here is fair game.

Einstein is right was actually a headline all over the world in 2007 and back then the Theory of General Relativity (or whatever you brits and amis call it) was confirmed.

Darwin was wrong was an equally famous headline that lead to a huge discussion when pseudo-scientists tried to proof Darwin was actually wrong. Couldn´t find it, but this here sums up the believers theory which is basically biblical creation.

So I think these two headlines were picked by purpose and told us that these two scientific results are wrong/right in the SotS universe. What it means I cannot speculate on without giving away my little extra.knowledge. But I think it actually speaks of Relativity and Evolution.

20. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Something just occurred to me regarding the One Year Later excerpt:

What if he's the only one in the world after The Change because everyone else is now in the future? Not everyone is dead - they'll just reappear sometime several years down the line, all confused because the world has changed and they haven't.

(Everyone else alive, that is. Not counting the crazy people who shoot each other. :p)

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    So it's like LOST only backwards?:p

22. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    This is what I thought at first blush, that merely they are all disappearing into what will be. There is a flaw though that made me bight my tongue...

That is the loop hole in all of this theory, the fact that there is an insanity virus that currently seems to be striking in Germany and Boston. Although different varients, and I think different causes as the Boston strain seems more like a forced hive-mind mentality, and Germany's is coming across more like a mass hysterias/zombie blend with a hint of a more mutual homocidal tendencies. Whereas Bostons is slightly self preserving in it's overlap.

These could be a side effect though, as some might say, to take a step forward one often must take two back. Only in this instance instead of us or the attemptors going backward, instead the mouthless are brought backward to push us forward.[face_idea]

23. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    The Rotten Core #2: The Supernatural Theory

My original theory needed to long to be posted. So I scrapped her and instead present my latest results and some wild speculation.

Hope it serves us best.

So, I will get out my theory. Fast and easy.

The guy in one year later is Götz George, an amazing German actor. He appeared before. Twice. As a man sitting in Africa and not moving anymore. And as Sebastian Falk, a Professor who is recruited for his linguistic skills by an African priest for a yet unknown purpose. Something with language. Something Jacob Zinsky was part of. As we know from Mr. Beckfris research. And who is he sorry for in One Year Later?

Laura.

Laura Blohm from Germany? Exactly that one. Jonah Stürmer said she changed her name when her parents divorced and he father was Professor Falk from Berlin. That dude is her father!

Therefore, Sebastian Falk went to Afrika in the ninties and worked on a project that somehow by intent or by mistake kicked of The Change. Maybe some ancient texts about time travel? I don´t know yet. But our "true supernatural beings" . . . Anton&Milton&Adam as well as the Ancients had no idea about it and got caught in it just as everybody else . . .

But . . .

Remember the line from the OP. [i]Those who did know kept silent, they weren´t human anyway.[/i]

So, what do they know? I guess they have some insight into the world our characters do not possess and can therefore make an educated guess what´s going on. They´re not sharing though, instead beginning a war of taking advantage that seems to be madness. Instead of stopping it. They all appear quite insane to me, anyway.

So where are the people? The future? Yes, very possible. A lot people got dragged through time, lately. So it makes sense people go to the future. Which could as well be their death, so to say. It is a hostile future as far as we´ve seen it. And what are the mouthless and the dogs? I guess evolution, speeded up. Things from the future. As it begins to tickle into the past. A mouthless creature that is human cannot survive for long. It must eat. So, it must be an advanced organism that got around that. That´s why it can´t read or write, but understands english. I assume it is the final product of an evolution. And you know of what evolution?

Caleb. The madness virus. As it was dubbed. Which seems to be not a madness virus in itself, but more or less and adjustment stage for a hivemind. Which gets more and more conscisous with every post but is rather unfriendly. Germany got infected, too. But is in an earlier stage. I assume the roit was produced by Caleb. (Which would mean him and future!Laura know each other). Where does such a virus come from? The future! And in Germany Caleb will soon make an entrance, I tell you.

Well, what else? Tony. I think it´s pretty obvious who Tony is. It´s Anton. The guy from the introduction thread post in Kiel and who later appeared in Corben´s Inn, Present Time to Milton. The guy who claims to know what is behind it all. Why does he look like Tony Leung now? He looked different everytime. He might be shapechanging, or exchanging bodies. Or simply influence perception. Anyway, he still strikes me as the good guy here. Helped Sumiko. Did not help Milton.

And a wicked mind, the ultimate weapon of Mass Destruction.

I wonder if he is behind Beckfris. I really do.

So, that´s it from my side. Next comes Sirak with her harder and harder to defend theory it is entirely scientific [face_tongue] Yes, we changed topics, but so do we, when we drink coffee and defend our theories. [face_wink]

[b]TSG[/b]

[hr]

P.S.: As the unofficial founder of this group, I wondered if anybody else is interested in asking Fin stuff about how we go on, what happens,ending/ongoing, Early Sins and stuff . . . because he agreed to do a short second FAQ to get rid of most pressing questions recently been coming up.

If anybody wants to ask, it must be spoilerfree and to my PM address. Thanks you!

24. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Worst case scenario;

They just make stuff up as they go along ;)

25. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I think that is one the most asked question. Lately.

So, I think we should add that to the FAQ. But please not too many questions, TSG. I wanna write updates, not give interviews :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.