main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Pieces Of A Jigsaw ~ The SotS Discussion Group *spoilers allowed*

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    This week. Showdown between a Preacher and a Country Singer. Return of the Bald-Headed Man and maybe we will give Boston a temporary new GM.

Oh and the Passenger will soon reveal a little about himself, like who he is, but that might not happen before next week.

We also got bad vibes from Hamburg, where Robert will soon give you all a new take on SotS. You´ll see.

Sirak and LordT have returned. I guess the steam has left Boston II for good. My bad, I think. Should have abandoned the original storyline earlier.

And rumor is Draco and LordT have worked heavy on another combined.

Well. Guess the silence before the storm is hearby officially over.

2. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    The storm?s over! =D=

Has anyone noticed the similarities of Corben?s Inn and Flight 2440. In Corben?s Inn, all the NPCs were murdered. In Flight 2440, most of the NPCs were murdered. I?m curious about that man with the suitcase. I thought we might have an encounter with him, which we did, but not in the circumstance I thought about. Also, I?m curious about who the old man is. So many questions.

3. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    So I finally read over the plane section of Chapter VIII properly. (I know, I know: should pay closer attention. My bad. I haven't had time lately to do more than skim stuff for language violations. [face_blush])

All I can say is: Oh. Oh ****. This meeting is going to be interesting. :D :D

4. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    I'm copy and pasting the plane chapter onto a works document and I plan on printing it out and having a good, long read! :)

5. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    I do enjoy playing there. And I guess these similiarities are not happening by accident. If you have a look at the parties involved. Writing a Nepal update later today.

6. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Two questions:

1.) Are we updated on just Thursdays now?

2.) So does that mean we will be updated today? :)

7. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    1. Updates come on Thursday and Weekend. But only if I can update. Last week I was waiting for two players replies in the Passenger Group and had nobody else to reply to. So . . .

2. Writing that update, yes. Will be up in a few hours.

8. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    *reads sithygirls last post*

Oh...my...GOD! :eek:

Nooo! :( :_|

Applauds sithygirl and goodimperial (Epic post guys!)

9. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Aaaaah! They posted it. Finally. FINALLY. I knew about it for a week and had a harde time no spoiling people. Sad sad. To see John Henley go like this.

10. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    :_|It is so sad, I almost overread the implications of it. Are Tony and the Passenger playing some perverted game of Chess with people? And to what end?

11. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Andrea will be coming soon, just had to check with Fins on how Vincent looks. There might be an intimate conversation going on between Andy and Vinnie soon, one that involves Vincent's past. And I love the post from TSG and TGI! Wonderful! But I feel that with all of the plane survivors walking into this, we might have some bad arguments :) The old man still is mysterious to me. Who is he...

12. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    I think Vincent is much more mysterious. Who is he? Why was he after The Passenger? Looking after him? And why does he turn up in another players biography? :pSo go ahead, interrogate him! I am eager to learn more about him. I actually could make a guess who he is working for, but that would only a guess . . .

13. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    omg john henley :_| :_| :_|

14. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Whose biography is he in? I will go searching right now! :)

15. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    So Tony also has some connection to creepy Clay??? [face_worried] Interesting...

16. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Leigh - I went back and noticed someone named 'Anton' was at the Inn talking to Milton Prest while they dug in the desert.

In other notes, time is a strange thing at the Inn and around it. My question is how are those cities disappearing. We know the Inn has disappeared, because Milton searched it and everyone inside was gone. So where are we? When are we?

17. TheGoodImperial

TheGoodImperial Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2009
    So yeah. John Henley is dead. It was a tough moment for me as I usually play not so likable characters. But I liked him. Rules are rules, though. And I must say I half expected Jackson to be oneo f these "undying" chacters, because how could he have survived death row otherwise? So I knew I might die in there.

But hey, heard SotS is coming to an Chapter One end in the end of the summer and I seriously hope to rejoin afterwards.

Concerning Anton, Sirak told me some interesting bits and pieces about him. An "old man Anton" appeared in the first teaser in the Introduction, talking to Milton in "vanished Kiel" . . . with the modern classic of a RPing line. "A wicked mind is still the most effective mind of mass destruction." "I prefer nukes." "Yes Milton, but what do you know?"

Same guy appeared in Corben´s of the present (we know we are Corben´s of the far future, obviously. If Ely is an indicator). So he and Milton seem to be "the same". Two of a kind. And there is a third one. Most imporant thing about him. He claimed to have figured out the Change. Maybe by finding Jacob Zinsky first? Who knows.

Anyway, I think therefore Anton = Tony. Milton seemed to know nothing about his exterior, so I think he has hosts or can change shape. A third of them seems to exist, also. I assume that might be Adam, from Nepal. The thing is . . . in the "Present" they are invincible. They cannot be killed by any means, obviously. In the future they can die.

In the presence they can see the future, too. Later thy seem to loose that ability.

Therefore I have come to the conclusion: They are not causing the Change. They are trying to stop it! And they are accepting their own death to do so. Milton and Anton both gave in to dying. They let go. Maybe they never were immortal because they wanted to.

He immortals. Morris, Lilith etc. could be their children. BTW. Which means they will soon loose their ability to regenerate, too.

And immortals dying. A prophet hiding in Nepal. Dead rising. And some mysterious power messing with time? I think . . .

The Change is the Apocalypse.

The Idea of Apocalypse came into human perception because the "undying" knew it would happen all along. Seeing the future. They did not know HOW because they lost their ability in the Apocalypse. So all "legends" are actually rough predictions.

My final hypothesis.

18. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    John?s death was the saddest?and I guess most predictable. Back in the past, about an hour game time before his death, futureSharon told herself that he would die for her. And he did. John was a great character, and that last post was really scary good. So I?m wondering how Sharon-Vashti-Jackson-Karl-Sumiko are going to work things out. Not with a few kisses and hugs, with some pleases and I?m sorry.

Is the place that the Inn is where all the cities go when they disappear. Like our plane. But if the plane went into the future, then the plane must still be in the air. A question for Fins: Was the cockpit empty when Vincent got in there? Because if it was, that means that them stayed in the past, possibly.

In an other, sad note: Is John?s death just the starting of more deaths?

19. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    I am pretty certain Fin is not done with us. Last game he played had a 70% mortality rate. Even player favoruites like Melmot had to bite the dust . . .

Very solid theory TGI. Very solid. I think the same, although I guess the third "Undying" might not be what we think. And what does the man in the sad interludes have to do with it all? Laura´s father, if I am right with my theory about his connection.

20. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Poor, poor Henley. :_|

Oh yeah and for all those who never figured out who Cobinsky Z of the intro was . . . the man with all the ansers. Jacob Zinsky. Is dead.

21. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Another game changer. Also, I have to say I haven't followed Nepal too well in about fifteen pages. I followed it for awhile but... :)

22. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Haha, I think for those following the main storyline so far, things are really now coming together.

Okay, Camden wants it the hard way? There will be blood! :p

23. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    I don?t see anyway of getting out of Angela?s bullets. No post just yet. Waiting until LordT determines the outcome. What I find funny is that Camden in the start was a nice, gentle person, but is transforming into a monster, while Andrea was a deceitful, rich, and spoiled girl, and she is turning into a nicer person. (With the help of Sumiko and Vincent.)

24. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007

25. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Well...

Crap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.