main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Pieces of Me, Pieces of You (Ami viggie, Ep 3)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Bri_Windstar, Aug 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  2. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Bri, sweetie, that was simply lovely, and so lyrical and so melancholy! It was really a beautiful vignette!

I really loved this part:

When I look at them, I see Luke and Leia as unique and exceptional beings, but I also see us. As individual as they are, they are pieces of me, pieces of you.

Wonderful!

3. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Awww. [face_love] Lovely, Bri (duh :p ). I especially liked Padme and Luke having a little mother/son moment. So few fics (that I've seen) bother to do this, instead focusing on the obvious similarities between Padme and Leia.

*huggies* Nice job! :D

4. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    LadyPadme: [face_blush] Aw, thanks. That was the first line to inspire this little viggie, truth be told, and obviously where I got the title from. I thought it was rather cute. Course, one line is a lot easier for me than actual viggies and stories. My muse doesnt like to cooperate with me much. 8-}

obaona: *huggies* Thank you much, dear. You're a great help, and I'm much appreciative, really. I never see much in the way of Luke and Ami interaction, granted there's good reason for that, but I think the whole thing is just so sad. I wanted a view into that precious little time they DID have together. Again, thank you

::Windstar Out::

5. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    *popping into the Saga for a short look ;) *

This vig was marvelous, dear. You write Padme so well, and I really liked seeing how she was reflecting on Anakin and her children.

It is because of you and your actions, Anakin, that all this is happening to me- the pain, the hell, the suffering. It is because of you that I will face the greatest loss a mother can endure. It is because of you that my children are being taken from me, denying me the right to be their mother.

This part almost made me cry! Because of Ani's fall to the Dark Side, she's suffered more than she should ever had to deal with.

These are my children, my children. How can I be asked to part with them?

Very bittersweet. Padme's only had a short glimpse of what motherhood brings, and now she'll be alone.

And I, too, really liked the part with Padme and Luke. A very beautiful, reflective piece. Great job! :D

6. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    LianaMara: I love Amidala, I think she's such a cool character, so it's always fun to hear that. Thank you! I think her entire role in Ep 3 is going to be very bittersweet. Seems that way, at any rate. I think it's going to be such a tragic thing to watch her downfall, when she didn't even bring it upon herself. Again, thank you very much! :)

::Windstar Out::

7. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
  8. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I read the review in the newsletter and had to see for myself.

You've done a lovely job expressing the hopes and dreams of every new mother as well as the sadness that goes along with being Anakin's wife.

Excellent job.

9. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    So sad, but beautiful. You truly captured Padme's anguish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.