main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Pieces of Memories: Lily's Drabbles for the UDC! 4th week posted 9-27 Obi-Wan/Anakin/Padmé/Luke

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LilyHobbitJedi, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Title: Pieces of Memories: Lily?s Drabbles
    Author: LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe: During and after TPM
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin
    Genre: General, Drama
    Summary: Obi-Wan reflects on his feelings around the events of TPM.
    Notes: This is my response for the Ultimate Drabble Challenge. And these are the first drabbles I?ve ever written, I hope you like them. These first five are all based on Obi-Wan?s POV.

Pieces of Memories

Happy

He should be happy. Only hours before Obi-Wan had become a full Jedi Knight and also gained his own Padawan in nine year old Anakin Skywalker. Despite his grief, he was proud of what he accomplished, defeating the Dark Lord who took his Master?s life right before his eyes.

Happiness in his life would take time, Obi-Wan knew that. But he knew that one day he would be happy again, one day he would be able to deal with his past. And one day he would think of Qui-Gon without thinking of his tragic death. He was sure of it.

Sad

At first an incredible sadness overtook him, and it was all Obi-Wan could to keep from bursting out in wet, noisy tears as he watched his Master?s body be licked by the flames that would wipe his image away forever. Qui-Gon was so strong in life, it was only right that he should have a proper funeral.

He couldn?t show the incredible sadness that was eating at him though, because his Padawan was watching. Obi-Wan knew that Anakin was sad too, and he would help his Padawan through it. They would move on and one day leave their grief behind.

Curious

Curious was the best way Obi-Wan could describe his Padawan. Anakin was interesting in everything, once they arrived on Coruscant. For one thing he insisted on exploring the Jedi Temple right away, and it wasn?t long before the boy knew it inside and out.

And then of course was his habit of building and repairing droids. It was Anakin?s favorite hobby, and Obi-Wan didn?t stop it because he of how gifted Anakin was. Curiosity was a good thing in many ways, and was a great trait in a future Jedi. It could be Anakin?s greatest fault, but time would tell.

Angry

There were times when Obi-Wan wondered about the anger that Yoda said Anakin had too much of. The boy had endured so much at a young age, slavery incites bitter feelings and a great deal of pain that can on be expressed through anger. As a slave Anakin learned that anger was a great defense in a merciless world.

In a way Obi-Wan knew that Anakin?s anger would never totally evaporate, but he too had faced his own Dark Side. The moment Qui-Gon was killed all Obi-Wan thought of was revenge, but he?d conquered it. Anakin would do the same.

Content

Contentment was the biggest emotions Obi-Wan sought after his Master died and he was finally able to achieve it. He would no longer dwell on the what ifs or the maybes because this was the path the Force had chosen for him. He was learning more about the Jedi path even as he tried to teach his Padawan right.

Obi-Wan knew there would be challenges in the future, but he?d learned to let go. He was moving on in the best way he could, and he found some great contentment in the attempt.

Qui-Gon would have wanted it that way.

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great writing and I loved all 5 of them.=D==D=

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Beautiful! Please PM me when you update these!

=D=

4. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    These are lovely, Lily! I really liked "Curious"...it definitely sounds like Anakin. :D And I loved this line from "Content": Obi-Wan knew there would be challenges in the future, but he?d learned to let go. He was moving on in the best way he could, and he found some great contentment in the attempt.

Great work! =D=

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Those were wonderful!

You captured Obi-Wan so well.

I think Content was my favorite. I agree, Qui-Gon would want Obi to be content.

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Very nice indeed. Contentment - yes, he's found it.

7. DarthBerryStraw

DarthBerryStraw Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2007
    These were all very touching. [face_love] Great drabbles, Lily!

8. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Great start! :)

9. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I really love Obi-Wan in the films, but haven't read much fanfic about him, really. I enjoyed this look at his thoughts right after TPM. The first one was prefect for what he would have been feeling in that moment. =D=

10. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Great set LHJ. I'd say that your first shot at the drabbles is a rouding success!

I loved them all - I think you captured young Anakin very well in Curious.

I especially liked the way you brought out Obi Wan's thoughts in Anger - that he acknowledged to himself that he waged is own war with the Dark Side when Qui Gon was run through.

=D=

11. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan: Great writing and I loved all 5 of them.

Thank you so much!

VaderLVR64: Beautiful! Please PM me when you update these!

Thank you, I would be happy to pm you.:)

amidalachick: These are lovely, Lily! I really liked "Curious"...it definitely sounds like Anakin. grin And I loved this line from "Content"

Those were my two favorite to write.

Great work!

Thanks!

KELIA: Those were wonderful!

Aww, thanks!

You captured Obi-Wan so well.

I'm glad you think so.

I think Content was my favorite. I agree, Qui-Gon would want Obi to be content.

Defintiely.

Looking forward to more

More is on the way.

Valairy_Scot: Very nice indeed. Contentment - yes, he's found it.

Yes he has, thank you!

DarthBerryStraw: These were all very touching. love Great drabbles, Lily!

I'm so glad you think so, thank you!

BigFatty: Great start!

Thank you!

ginchy: I really love Obi-Wan in the films, but haven't read much fanfic about him, really. I enjoyed this look at his thoughts right after TPM. The first one was prefect for what he would have been feeling in that moment.

I'm so glad you liked my interpretation of Obi-Wan. Thank you!

BigE:Great set LHJ. I'd say that your first shot at the drabbles is a rouding success!

Thank you, I'm so glad you think so!

I loved them all - I think you captured young Anakin very well in Curious.

That one was so much fun to write.

I especially liked the way you brought out Obi Wan's thoughts in Anger - that he acknowledged to himself that he waged is own war with the Dark Side when Qui Gon was run through.

As soon as I thought of Anger, that moment in TPM came to me, and I had to write it.

12. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Timeframe: From after ROTS to right after ROTJ
    Characters: Bail, Luke, Han, Leia, and Yoda
    Genre: General, Drama
    Notes: Alrighties, here is my second week of drabbles. I hope you like them!

PM List:
    VaderLVR64

Pieces of Memories

Alderaan

In Bail Organa?s opinion there was not a more magnificent planet in the entire galaxy then his fair homeworld. As a senator he was required to live in Coruscant at times, but whenever he did Bail longed for his lovely Alderaan. If his career had taken a different route, Bail didn?t think would would?ve ever left.

Now Bail had an even more reason to want to be home as often as he could and that was to see his baby daughter Leia. Becoming a father was the single greatest joy in his life, and home had never been more desirable.

Yavin IV

When Luke Skywalker first looked upon the fourth moon of Yavin, he never realized how important this jungle planet would someday become to him. It was from this planet that he first sat behind the controls of his X-Wing and here that he finally had the chance to fight the Empire that had killed his Aunt, Uncle and Ben.

At the time he eagerly participated without a second thought, but in retrospect it was a deadly plight and only by the Force he was able to land the killing blow to the Death Star. Here, he finally became a man.

Bespin

Han Solo never wanted to return to Bespin as long as he lived. Though the Empire was gone now, the memories surrounding that particular planet still haunted him at times. On Cloud City he was tortured and encased in carbonite, eight after being betrayed by his supposed friend. Yet Han knew that it shouldn?t surprise him, his life was too unpredictable now.

Still there was one wonderful highlight of that terrible time, and that was that he had Leia. Han never expected to fall for this woman who was so opinionated, bossy and a politician. He would love Leia forever.

Hapes

Leia gazed down at the sparkling jewel of a planet that was Hapes. The Hapans were able to do something very few could, and they were ignored by the Empire. Left to their own devices, the Hapan planets flourished, while neighboring systems suffered the wrath of the Emperor. But everything changed.

The Empire that Leia spent a great deal of her life fighting, was defeated. Now she was going on behalf of the infant New Republic to recruit more systems to their cause. Peace was still a hard battle in these perilous times, but she would die trying to attain.

Dagobah

Ever since Yoda, the Grand Master of the Jedi Order first arrived on the wild and relatively uninhabited planet of Dagobah, he always felt that it was his just reward for being so blind to the Dark Side. No Jedi could know exactly what the Force had in store and Yoda knew this better than any Jedi.

But he learned too late that the Sith evolved while the Jedi remained stagnant. Yoda would remain on this world, left with only his thoughts and the Force. He was learning the lesson far to late, but there was hope for the future.

13. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Bespin

Han Solo never wanted to return to Bespin as long as he lived. Though the Empire was gone now, the memories surrounding that particular planet still haunted him at times. On Cloud City he was tortured and encased in carbonite, eight after being betrayed by his supposed friend. Yet Han knew that it shouldn?t surprise him, his life was too unpredictable now.

Still there was one wonderful highlight of that terrible time, and that was that he had Leia. Han never expected to fall for this woman who was so opinionated, bossy and a politician. He would love Leia forever.

Awww. [face_love]:* And I'll bet he never wanted to return to Bespin, :( as well as Luke and Leia.
    Lovely drabbles, Lily! @};- Very well done! I enjoyed them all!! :)
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

14. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely ones again and Alderaan and Bail, yes now he has a daughter to care for.

Great writing

15. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    These are great! The first set was so sad, and I loved Dagobah.

Please add me to the PM list :)

16. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Now Bail had an even more reason to want to be home as often as he could and that was to see his baby daughter Leia. Becoming a father was the single greatest joy in his life, and home had never been more desirable.

Awwww... [face_love]

These were all wonderful. =D=

17. DarthBerryStraw

DarthBerryStraw Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2007
    Bespin was haunting! It's such an overlooked planet most of the time, despite everything that happened there in ESB.

Great job!

18. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    He was learning the lesson far to late, but there was hope for the future

At least he learned, that is the important thing.

I'm not surprised Yoda would feel the way he did but at least he knew there was hope.

Wonderful update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

19. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved them all, but Alderaan was my favorite. [face_love]

=D=

20. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    I really love Yavin IV. I loved Luke's thoughts on battling the empire that took his family from him (in more ways than one). Great set!!

21. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Great drabbles. =D=

My favorites were Bespin and Dagobah. I couldn?t help but wonder what drove Han to return to Bespin. The contemplative regrets by Yoda were very poignant. :cool:

22. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Obi-Wan in the first set... I liked the exploration you took us through, there. And the ones that hit home on the second set was Han's thoughts on Bespin, and Yoda accepting that Dagobah was what he deserved for being so blind as to miss the Sith right in front of him. (Though really, Yoda shouldn't have been so hard on himself... it was really really subtle, what Palpatine did...)

Good drabbles, Lily. :)

23. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    dancing_star: Awww. And I'll bet he never wanted to return to Bespin, sad as well as Luke and Leia.
    Lovely drabbles, Lily! Very well done! I enjoyed them all!!

I'm sure he wouldn't. Thank you!

earlybird-obi-wan: Lovely ones again and Alderaan and Bail, yes now he has a daughter to care for.

He sure does. :)

Great writing

Thank you!

NYCitygurl: These are great! The first set was so sad, and I loved Dagobah.

Thank you, I'm so glad you enjoyed them.

Please add me to the PM list

I would be happy to.

amidalachick: Awwww...

These were all wonderful

Thank you so much!

DarthBerryStraw: Bespin was haunting! It's such an overlooked planet most of the time, despite everything that happened there in ESB.

Yes it is.

Great job!

Thank you!

KELIA: At least he learned, that is the important thing.

Yes it is.

I'm not surprised Yoda would feel the way he did but at least he knew there was hope.

Definitely.

Wonderful update

Thank you!

VaderLVR64: Loved them all, but Alderaan was my favorite.

I'm so glad you enjoyed them.

ginchy: I really love Yavin IV. I loved Luke's thoughts on battling the empire that took his family from him (in more ways than one). Great set!!

Thank you so much, I'm very glad you enjoyed this.:)

BigE: Great drabbles.

Thanks!

My favorites were Bespin and Dagobah. I couldn?t help but wonder what drove Han to return to Bespin. The contemplative regrets by Yoda were very poignant.

I definitely wanted to do something from Yoda's POV, and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

DaenaBenjen42: Obi-Wan in the first set... I liked the exploration you took us through, there. And the ones that hit home on the second set was Han's thoughts on Bespin, and Yoda accepting that Dagobah was what he deserved for being so blind as to miss the Sith right in front of him. (Though really, Yoda shouldn't have been so hard on himself... it was really really subtle, what Palpatine did...)

I'm s glad you liked them, I especially liked writing Bespin and Dagobah.

Good drabbles, Lily.

Thank you!

24. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Timeframe: Various times during the Saga.
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Anakin, Han
    Genre: General, Humor
    Notes: Well this is a little late, but here is my week 3.

PM List:
    VaderLVR64
    NYCitygurl

Pieces of Memories

On the Fly

There was almost nothing in the galaxy that Anakin Skywalker enjoyed more than flying. It was an exhilarating thrill to be up in the air soaring past the stars, and he was a natural. When he was at the controls of his starfighter, or any other ship for that matter, he had no equal. He could feel the engines beneath his fingertips and her could alter his ship?s course with the slightest touch.

Life was perilous as a Jedi Knight, and this Anakin was reminded of everyday of the Clone Wars. But if he was flying, Anakin showed his fear.

Sink or Swim

?That is the choice before us, Padawan,? Qui-Gon Jinn said smiling.

Obi-Wan nodded to his Master. ?Let?s swim,? he said, pulling out his rebreather.

The two Jedi lunged off their burning ship, and into the murky depths of the ocean. Had it been anyone else, this would have seemed a perilous choice?swimming in dangerous waters towards a distant shore. But for Jedi this was the safest course, and neither felt any trepidation thinking of the creatures below. They were Jedi, and they didn?t fear the possibilities. And for Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi being together was all that mattered.

Rock the Boat

?Anakin, stop that!? Obi-Wan exclaimed looking faintly ill as he gleeful Padawan had both arms on the corner of the boat they were in.

Anakin stopped what he was doing, and looked over at Obi-Wan curiously. ?Surely it doesn?t scare you Master,? he said.

?Of course not,? Obi-Wan declared. ?It doesn?t scare me.?

?In that case,? Anakin trailed off as he once more rocked the small boat they were in.

Obi-Wan chuckled, despite how green he looked. ?You do not know how much you remind me of Qui-Gon.?

?Really?? Anakin asked.

?Oh yes,? Obi-Wan replied. ?Qui-Gon rocked the boat too.?

Get Over It

?Get over it,? Obi-Wan Kenobi thought grimly. ?I have to get over this somehow.?

Anakin turning his back on the Jedi Order who trained him for over a decade was heartbreakingly sad. Not only that, Obi-Wan had to adjust to the reality that Darth Sidious now ruled the galaxy with an iron fist. Anakin was there at his side, under a new guise and alias, ruthlessly killing those who disobeyed him.

A war they fought for years turned out to be an elaborate scheme by the enemy. And two orphaned babies, were now the only hope for an ailing galaxy.

Under the Gun

It wasn?t the first battle he fought, and he knew it wouldn?t be his last. Living under the Empire made it so a difficult life became far more dangerous. This wasn?t anything that smuggler, Han Solo didn?t expect, and neither did it worry him. He was used to being chased by bounty hunters at times, along with Imperials. But Han?s ship, the Millenium Falcon never failed him.

Klaxons rang as the Falcon was hit again, and Han glanced at his copilot. ?Looks like we need to go to Tatooine,? Han said. ?I have to settle a score with a Hutt.?

25. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Oh, I loved all of these, but especially "Rock the Boat". Whenever my husband and I get into philosophical SW discussions he always likes to bring up "What if Qui-Gon had trained Anakin...?" Wonderful way to put it. Both Anakin and Qui-Gon "rocked the boat".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.