main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Pieces Of Outbound Flight found In Outer Rim

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by pacervader, Feb 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    The Imperials have reclaimed the Devastator!

We picked up the star destroyer today. It has alot of damage but it is fixable and I think it will prove to be a very cool club mascot. post ideas. pv

2. LordTreyger

LordTreyger Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2006
    The wreckage has been safely delivered to docking bay 164 for repairs. TK8049 and myself (Lord Treyger) have seen to it personally.

"There will be no one to stop us, this time!"

3. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    "said he found (it) in a junkpile"

Should be a cool project. We need a name for our new Destroyer.

4. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    When it is complete, it should be called something like Phoenix.

Then again, there's

Recyclator?

Rejuvenator?

Evil Woman?

PIMP-estator?

Looking forward to seeing the ship needing refit.

5. TKYTROOPER

Sep 18, 2005
    Devastator 2.0

What is it made of? More to the point what materials do we need to repair it. Plywood? Bondo? Resin?

6. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    You guys HAVE to bring that to the Diorama day.

We can then determine what stuff is needed for the refit.

7. LordTreyger

Jan 3, 2006
    From the looks of it the "wreckage" is constructed from plywood, and old pepsi signs. The pepsi signs seem to be the one you see attached to poles with advertising on them, pretty sturdy stuff considering.

I dont think the repairs will take too long just a few modifications and some paint and presto.

8. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/INVAR/worthless_thread_wo_pics.gif]

9. LordTreyger

Jan 3, 2006
    I will get some pictures up tomorrow.

10. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    I am looking forward to getting this thing up and going. I think it will look great. Any ideas for lighting, color, weapons, bridge dioramas, etc...?

11. TKYTROOPER

Sep 18, 2005
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f229/TKYTROOPER/destroyer3.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f229/TKYTROOPER/destroyer2.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f229/TKYTROOPER/destroyer1.jpg

Here are pics. of the devestated Destroyer. I know it looks bad but it is a good starting point for a project. The skeleton in intact we need to take it apart replace pieces, give it a new bridge, skin, and paint.

12. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    Whoa.

That looks more like boneyard material than what what could be salvaged in a refit.

I can do a lot with styrene, foam and plastic - not sure what I can do to help with a water-soaked plywood frame and metal skin.

How heavy is it? Looks like it is barely able to handle the weight on the struts it is set on.

We might discuss what it would take to refurbish this piece versus what it would take to start from scratch before any time and money is spent on it.

Just my opinion.

13. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    I don't know how to do much, but I'll contribute in any way I can on this.

14. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    We are going to dismantle it and have the base boards cut out of fresh, sturdier, ply-wood. Then use the existing middle supports and refurbish the top. Once those steps are taken it will look completly different. We will then build the bridge, add lights & sides, and micro machine tie-fighters in squadrans on wires along the hull. We even tossed around the idea of putting a die-cast millenium falcon about 2 feet in front of it on a stand. These are just some ideas we had for it, post yours. pv

15. TKYTROOPER

Sep 18, 2005
    Yeah, it is basicly going to be a complete rebuild. He has worked out the dimesions for the parts we need though. By using the measurements from the old parts we don't have to work out the engineering of it. That is not metal you see in the picture. The body was covered by corrrigated plastic. The sheets of corrigated plastic are screwed to the wooden frame. The whole thing is fairly light weight actually. I know it looked alot worse than I expected too. Then again I didn't see it before it hit the junkpile. Building the bridge from scratch will really be the difficult part I think.

16. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    It's stuff like this that ended up making the building of the Death Star take 20 years.

Whatever we do we need to make sure it's to scale to the Action Fleet Tantive IV to go into. Have that and a few TIE fighters and the Falcon and front and it would look awesom. I do think the side look too tall but it is in pitiful condition. I can only imagine what the rest of this guy's stuff looked like.

Maybe we can also make it so it can flip over and make a craps table.

17. Valhalla

Valhalla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    Where is the SD being kept. Do we have easy access or any access to the tools we need? I've got a small portable table saw, couple of drill presses and various other tools we may need. When is it planned to begin work?

18. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    omgrotflol!!!

Looks like you guys have got a great project started!
    Keep updating with pics tho!

19. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    The Devastator is in Lordtreygers former masters garage (parents). We were thinking of starting work this friday. The first day of work would be disassembling it and getting fesh wood cut and putting it back together. Can anyone help on Friday? pv

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.