main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pillars of Empire; a story about Senator Palpatine, written by my little brother

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mcily_Nochi, Apr 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    This story is one of my little brother's first fanfics. He doesn't yet have an identity here on the boards, as he is only twelve, but wanted to get some feedback on a fic. He is known as Rogue 8 at the Archive.

This was heavily beta-read by myself at first, but my brother encouraged me to just post it.

He will read all feedback, so just address it to him. :)

Pillars of Empire

"I announce my candidacy as senator from Naboo. This is the age of the common man.

"When duty calls me to Coruscant, I will stand firm for our people in the Senate. I will not allow the pressures of galactic politics corrupt me. I will give land for those who deserve it, whether they are poor or rich. Those sad people in hovels will know mercy; they will know true happiness; they will know love. However, hard workers will rise twice or three times as quickly as those who do not pull their own weight. They will be recognized, and, from the slums of humanity, they will be in the towers of Coruscant.

"For the clever and the dull, the slackers, and the workers, the lazy and the hard-working, you have a friend in Palpatine."

The crowds went wild at this speech. But, it should be noted that this is the only time that he combined his two views, the rapid advancement for the fit, and the general improvement of the poor peoples condition. The reason for the split, so that he could begin contradicting himself.

It wasn't that Palpatine didn't have any experience. He had a college education, and some minor political experience, but he was a media personality. He talked as a friendly man to those who were low class.

But his education was also to his advantage. He became a entillequal. He used genetics and political philosophy to gain the upper class. His example for the survival of the fit was a poor but very dignified and honorable young soldier named Maximillian Veers, but even he didn't know Plapatines true identity.

One of the reasons for his success was his competitor. he was an old retired general who had lost his old charm and was blunt, strict, and not a good speaker, though, unlike Palpatine, his heart was in the right place. The ex general made controversial things like Gungans and Increasing the Jedi part of his platform.

What an easy job this is Palpatine thought. He lied every day, and, for some reason, nobody but the press noticed. But he knew that he by no means was really a nice good intelligent person, like he pretended to be. Nor was he a poor man to lead poor men. He may be the first sith in history to obtain universal dominance thorough political prowess, but the sith still remain. Forcefulness that people thought came form the noble way he naturally spoke, but he was only taking advantage of his gigantic powers. Only Jedi could get in his way.

"But," Palpatine thought, "The Jedi are a dying race. They are following to the same political weakness that the whole galaxy was being clamed by. Both the senate and the Jedi fight in councils while the galaxy fights on with no help. If there was one strong government, the galaxy would quickly fall into his hands. This election is all I need. I can force the senate with my phony natural kindness, and my voice with force put into it. That, and my Sidius self."

Veers entered the room. He said, "Palpatine, your campaign platform has nothing about Gugans. Your opponents support wide spread Gungan rites. What is your platform on the subject?'"

Palpatine answered, "Sometimes I will support Gungans, and sometimes not.

"Palpatine, isn't that dishonest?

"It will do fine.

"Palpatine, if you are supporting the poor and poor of, shouldn't the Gungans be highest on your list."

"Changing platforms sometimes will do fine."

"But Sidius, this is plane wrong."

"Yes great Sidius."

"In public call me candidate Paltine; In private call me master lord; never c

2. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
  3. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    My younger brother says that the story sounds interesting and that he should continue.

4. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Thanks, jacen. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.