main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Pillars of Eternity Series

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The Great No One, Sep 14, 2012.

1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
  2. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Saw this on Kotaku this morning and immediately went to the Kickstarter page to donate. It's exactly the kind of game that I've been missing for the past decade or so.

3. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yea, i just looked at that kotaku article and was like... yes! hope they get their funding, because them having their own IP to play with for sequels would be AWESOME on so many levels.

also, i think this kinda fits my reaction to this.

[​IMG]

Darth-Lando likes this.
  4. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Like the concept, not quite as thrilled about the setting.

5. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    well, i'd say it's probably going to succeed since it's almost at 400k and only been going for less than 4 hours.

i dunno TLI, an original world could end up being very interesting. considering what these people have made in terms of worlds, i'll give them a little bit on faith/credit in that department. heck, even alpha protocol was good, if you could get past the finicky controls. but that wasn't quite their fault either, since they didn't get to spend as long as they wanted to working on it and they didn't handle the QA. they've been IMMENSELY frustrated about that for quite some time now, which is what's led them to doing it this way. that way they have control instead of giving that to publishers who don't care as much. frankly i'm more hopeful for this than anything that obsidian has released in quite some time, and they've done some pretty amazing things storywise. even recently. from a story standpoint new vegas was lightyears ahead of FO3. and alpha protocol had one of the better stories i've played through in a while.

EDIT

obsidian's website is down. :p

6. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Seems really cool; I like the idea of Obsidian being able to do want they want to do with this game and design it for fans, not game publishers.

Kickstarter is at the halfway point already

7. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    bit past that now actually. i looked away for literally three minutes and it went up by over 5k.

8. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Alpha Protocol is one of my favorite games of all time. It needs a sequel.

9. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yes. it very, very much does. maybe kickstarter, after this takes off. or something like that.

10. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    annnnnnd it's trending towards 22 million now. earlier it was only trending towards 15. should it actually keep that up then good grief.

11. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    I usually love Obsidian's games so funding this is a no-brainer for me :)

12. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
  13. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    and they have full funding already. in less than a day.

14. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    A little over a day, I think. I'm pretty sure it was posted yesterday morning. Still very impressive, however :)

15. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    not from what i'd heard. it was posted around noon-1 depending on where you are. it had over 200k in less than three hours... and when i looked that was around wish yesterday.

16. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Passed the $2mil mark today.

17. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i seriously wonder how much this is going to raise. definitely looking like this is going to be an amazing game from all of the info they've put out in the updates.

18. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    They seem to have been working on it for a while now which is a good sign to me. My prediction is (based on nothing in particular, certainly not actual knowledge :p) is that Project Eternity will do better than Double Fine Adventure but won't go over 4 mil.

19. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    this is going very well, just hit translations at 2.2 million dollars.

also they're doing something kinda innovative (as far as KS goes) the more backers there are the bigger a dungeon they've added for 50k backers is going to be.

20. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    just liking obsidian entertainment will make the mega dungeon bigger. they need to get to 20k likes. don't have pay anything for it, but would help make the game bigger.

21. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    Update #20 includes an environment teaser screenshot. Well worth checking out.

Amazing.

22. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
  23. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    Final Stretch for the kickstarter. Only a few hours left. I know I saw at least one of you guys during Obsidian's D&D night, that was cool.

24. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yea, i was on there LW. just wish i'd been able to see it from the beginning. made following what was going on kinda hard.

i think that what this has managed to raise is kind of insane. they're currently pushing towards 3.5 million without paypal funds, and it's looking like that's pretty much in the bag unless there is a major falloff oner the next 16 hours.

so basically, last call to get in on this on the kickstarter.

25. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I ordered this game, $50 more than I usually pay for a PC game but it's okay to support this.

Close to getting the city, need $20k more.