main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Pillars of Eternity Series

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The Great No One, Sep 14, 2012.

1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    and with paypal this is now over 3.7 million and still going. where it stops nobody knows...

2. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    Closing on on 4 million with two hours left.

3. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    including paypal it's now officially over 4 million. this is... just insane. and a lot of people are thinking it'll hit that just on kickstarter alone. woot.

4. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    I'm perfectly okay with being wrong about not reaching 4 mil. :)

5. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Finished with 73,986 backers pledging $3,986,929, just shy of the final $4 Million stretch goal to "enhance the whole game". This set a new Kickstarter record for video games.

6. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    with the paypal numbers, it broke that and got a lot closer to 4.2 than anything else. i know there were several things that added to at least 20k (site pledges like gamebanshee, and the rpgcodex), that added through paypal at the very end. so this could have ended up being the highest pledging day. even more than the first one, which is absolutely insane.

7. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Now to warm up for Project Eternity I've got to play through all of those Infinity Engine games I bought from that GOG sale last month.

8. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    lol. i need to do that too, although i've had them for a while. hate when your computer gets appropriated by other people...

9. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I didn't know about the PayPal backers but the newest project update confirmed it. 3,861 PayPal backers added $176,279 for a grand total of $4,163,208. That exceeds the $4 million stretch goal and the Mega Dungeon will have 14 levels. If Obsidion crosses 40k Facebook likes "quickly" they may add a 15th!

It's gonna be a long year and a half (at least) waiting for this. :p

10. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    lol. no kidding.

i knew about the paypal numbers because i've been haunting the comments over there a lot (to the tune of 1.5k comments posted), and got to talk to feargus and darren a fair amount. pretty cool dudes.

11. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    oh, they actually already had 15 levels in that dungeon. that thing is going to be nuts.

12. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    Ulicus and Darth-Lando like this.
  13. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    anyone else been following the updates? the new screens and videos have been really impressive.

not entirely sure what i think about the new name, but didn't really expect them to leave the name the same. pillars of eternity is supposed to be something to do with the world, and future games (should this succeed) so there's that.

14. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    so, is anyone excited for this coming out tomorrow?

also, should a mod see this, could the title be updated to pillars of eternity?

15. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I've got it preloaded. Tomorrow is my birthday. Nice present (that I paid for 2 years ago lol).

16. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    indeed it is. same on the pre-load. from the scuttlebutt i've heard that avoids spoilers, it's apparently pretty good to great. so guess we'll see.

17. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    Is that out today!?!?

18. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yep, it's released today.

19. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    going to purchase and start playing it next week. looks fantastic.

20. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    thus far (only about 6 hours in mind) it is absolutely awesome. i've come across no bugs either.

the cipher is a very interesting class. not exactly what i was expecting, but interesting. considering that there are forrest dwarves (aka boreal) i suppose i shouldn't be surprised that things aren't what i expect.

21. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    This game is getting excellent reviews all over... I've only played about an hour and most of that was creation but it's looking great. Walls of text, love it.

22. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    most of the "bad" user reviews seem to think that the walls of text is a bad thing, and that it should be more modern. they really seem to have missed the point, but oh well.

23. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    Loved Planescape Torment, for the wall of texts. It has the best written story in a video game I have ever seen.

If this is anywhere near PT on quality (considering that it has been done by the same man), then I'll be extremely happy. Those that complain about wall of texts, indeed are missing the point. There are plenty of 'modern' games right there for them.

Going to start it today. Planning to go with Godlike fighter.

24. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    thus far it's pretty good. you can tell that they've learned a lot of lessons over the years that they've applied, especially in the area of combat which was always by far the weakest point of torment.

i have to say i'm already looking forward to the expansion, since i'm thinking that'll probably get you up to level 10 spells since you're limited to only getting to level 6 for things like wizards and ciphers.

ended up going with a death godlike cipher myself, just because as a class it seemed like the most interesting to play around with. and me being me, i can't go with anything even remotely simple my first time through (see my love of sorcerers and wizards in general in about every other game of this nature). making the nameless one focus on being a wizard was interesting... and made the last fight kind of trivial honestly. level nine spells with a legendary intelligence is mildly broken.

25. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Pfft, just get 25 wisdom and then there isn't even a final fight. I think there's only 1 fight in the whole game you can't avoid, and you can use your mad stats to get Dakkon powered up enough to win it anyway. :p

Shadow Trooper likes this.