main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Pillars of Eternity Series

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The Great No One, Sep 14, 2012.

1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    he's doing a character in torment. he was a stretch goal. i don't know what else he's doing, but he's going to be involved with the general writing as well. for an area possibly.

2. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    Wow. Didn't know that.

I guess that is an another reason to be excited for the new Torment game. Saying that, I would be more happy if Rothfuss would be working on his book (4 years since Wise Man's Fear).

3. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    he's doing both, believe it or not. he promised his fans that he wouldn't shirk his duties to his own endeavors, but that he'd always wanted to do something like that, and it actually reinvigorated him as it meant he was working on something else. recharged the creative juices as it were.

4. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Well, I am somewhat skeptical, considering when The Name of the Wind was released he claimed he'd already pretty much written all the books already. Continuing GRRM's legacy he is. :p

5. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    anyone who says that isn't talking about the actual books, they're talking about an outline meaning they know where they're going with it. jim butcher would be a perfect example of that. he has an outline for all 26 books of the dresden files, and knows what needs to happen in each book. there's a difference in "writing" things out, and actually having written everything out in prose.

6. TheRevanchist

Dec 13, 2012
    I think that Rothfuss had his entire trilogy finished before he published Name of the Wind. However, he is practically rewriting them. Also - if I am not mistaken - the third book has been on editing phase for more than a year.

He's probably the second best fanatsy writer around (after Martin), but like Martin is extremely slow. Why can't those 2 be as fast as Abercrombie and Sanderson? :S

7. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i wouldn't say martin is one of the best writers. storytellers? sure, but god no, he is not one of the best writers.

8. TheRevanchist

Dec 13, 2012
    Meant more as a total package. ASOIAF is absolutely my favorite.

Rothfuss' Kvothe - Denna coversations (on rhymes) from a writing point of view were absolutely the best.

9. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    I really enjoy the Fantasy genre but for some reason I never really could get into "The Kingkiller Chronicles". Kvothe was too arrogant and good at everything for my taste and while I enjoyed "The Name of the Wind", the second book just seemed boring to me. Maybe I will try it again once the third book comes out. I love ASOIAF though. Martin is great at creating interesting characters. Jaime Lannister, Arya Stark and Theon Greyjoy are probably some of the most intriguing characters I have read in the entire genre. I'm just glad that of my top 5 favorite Fantasy author's, George R.R. Martin is the only writer that I have to suffer long waits for. Joe Abercrombie always has books out on a regular basis, Matthew Stover left the Acts of Caine at a natural stopping point and Fritz Leiber and Jack Vance both finished their work before they died.

10. Enjoy

Enjoy Jedi Knight

Dec 31, 2015
    I've had a lot of fun with PoE, looking forwards to the stronghold changes (whatever they are) in the next patch

11. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    A Blind Prophet likes this.
  12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Now that makes for a satisfying thread title change.

A Blind Prophet likes this.
  13. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    it does indeed. was actually about to post that. they're already at 1.5 mil and working on the second and third stretch goals. looks like it's going to be a pretty solid improvement in terms of gameplay all the way around.

14. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    so it ended up getting a bit over 4.4 million, though that's not including the paypal stuff, so they might break what they needed for the next stretch goal. i'm just sad that it didn't make it to the 8th companion.