main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Pilot tales, for the minor challenge. Jira

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Dec 9, 2012.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Pilot tales

Author: Earlybird-obi-wan

Timeframe: JA
    Characters: Jira, Anakin, my OC Tim Dereika
    Genre: Minor challenge
    Summary: Jira has a very good day and has a new tale to tell.

Disclaimer: Star Wars is owned by G.L. and the mouse.

Pilot tales

With only four pallies left the day had been good for her.
    Jira was putting two peggats in her pouch. She had just finished the tale of the wandering Nobot for an interested customer. That customer had even bought a full sack with pallies before asking about Nobot.

Jira grinned.

“Good afternoon. I am Tim Dereika.”

Jira looked up to see a handsome dark haired man with kind smiling brown eyes standing before her food stand. “I am Jira.”

“I heard that tale of the Nobot and murdering droids are new to me. It was a nice tale.” A grin split his face. “Just don’t tell it to kids. They might get scary dreams. I had those after meeting Jedi on Kuat.”

“Jedi knights,” Jira got a smile on her old face. “They are kind beings and protectors. And you had scary dreams after meeting Jedi?”

“I did,” Tim grinned. “That master Dooku was boring with his intense dark eyes into my eyes and trying to sense what I was thinking. He failed. And padawan Jinn was amused until his master began to tell that Jedi didn’t show emotions. Here are two peggats. I have heard the story of the Nobot. And I like two pallies before I return to my freighter. Bel Gana will have my hide if I don’t deliver the cargo in three days time to Coruscant.”

“Cargo,” a young blonde boy with sky-blue eyes hurried to the food stand. “You are a pilot on a spaceship?”

“He is Anakin. You can see that don’t you. Ah no you are a dreamy nine year old son of a…”

“I am not and you,” Anakin turned to see the Rodian child running away. “You are a green…”

“Shh Anakin, here is a pallie for you,” Jira soothed. “Don’t let that Rodian upset you.”

“But he is,” Anakin started.

“You are interested in pilots,” Tim interrupted. “I can tell you a story while you are eating that pallie and I will pay for the two pallies.”

Anakin nodded and began to devour the first pallie when the second was put by Jira in a bag for him. And he listened to the riveting tale of the pilot testing the new starfighters on Kuat.

Jira listened too. She would have a new tale to tell her customers.

“And now some juice for all of us and for your family,” Tim grinned and dug more peggats out of his pocket and put them in the hands of Jira.

“Oops, it’s rather late,” Anakin accepted the juice. “I have to go to my mom.”

Jira had counted the peggats and filled a large bag with fruits and juices. “Take this home Anakin.”

“I will,” Anakin hugged the old woman before hurrying away “See you tomorrow Jira.”

“A nice and sweet kid,” Tim grinned. “I hope his future will bring him what he wants. He wants to become a pilot I think.”

“Anakin is a slave and his mother too,” Jira mused.

“I don’t have the credits to buy them free,” Tim said, brown eyes turning sad for a moment. “But someone will have them” and eyes were twinkling again. “I have to go too.”

“Have a nice journey and beware of pirates,” Jira gave a bag with fruits.

“I will and I hope my boss will appreciate my reckless flying if I have to avoid them.”

Jira saw the pilot leaving. ‘Reckless flying; with your tale you sure have impressed Anakin. I hope he will not do any reckless stunts with his podracer.’ She began to count her credits. Tim Dereika had given her enough credits to supply Anakin and his mother with free pallies for weeks to come.
    It had been a very good day for her.

FIN

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    That pilot was very generous. I love when total strangers are unexpectedly kind, it gives you a renewed hope. :)

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I have for the minor challenge now a related story

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    My, you have been busy while I was still stuck my the flue. [:D]

5. Asajj_Kenobi

Asajj_Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2004