main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Pinbacks Pity Party

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Grizzly, Nov 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinback

Pinback Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2000
    Yeah, that's not on; it's hard enough to air this place out when the oldies next door leave their bore water on all day!

Well, I know Soneil has a bunch of fan films on disc, we could watch some of those if he'd like to bring them, and I have a collection of DVD's of modest size but great quality! Videos are an option as well, hell I won't even rule out shadow puppetry! I'm also eager to get my other friend in here and try out some of his VCD's.

2. Ghost-of-Spider

Ghost-of-Spider Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2000
    Warning: If I'm going to be the token female -force of habit will make me install manners into you all :)

3. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I can bring fan films no problems. I'll even control my bowells for you ladies.

4. Pinback

Nov 30, 2000
    It should be a fine little event, I'll be very happy to see you all there!

I'm calling the start time 6:30pm, Dec. 15. Does everybody have the address, and the number in case you need directions? Heck, I'll just leave them here:

38A Woodrow Ave., Yokine (08) 9375 7381

I don't yet know exactly where everyone lives, so it's hard to give proper directions until then, but the place isn't too hard to find, there are two primary schools across the street if that helps.

5. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Is soniel under the thumb is he? :)

6. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I have a thumb sized scar on my forhead. All us married guys have it. Check Pinback next time you see him. I'm sure he's got one too.

7. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Guys, I'd love 2 come, but I'll be at my summer home that day. Don't know when I'll be returning to reality. I know how much you guys what to see the meet photo, but can you wait until the screening of the Phantom Menace?

8. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    has anyone else managed to download the 95mb monster on tf.n theatre that is called "the empire strikes backyard" ? i managed to get it thanks to a few marathon sessions with getright... it's 45 mins long and hilarious... the only way i can bring it is with my pc, unless someone can get it too

9. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Yeah I manage to get that, I can bring it on CD if you like. In fact I'll just bring my whole collection. I have 3 cds full. How many you have soniel?

10. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    We must have downloaded the same stuff. I've got 3 cds too. I think the empire strikes back yard would be a contender for 'silliest ending'. Pretty funny. Thumb Wars is my favourite though. I'll bring that again for those who weren't at the last meet.

11. Pinback

Nov 30, 2000
    Just a note on parking; our new neighbor took up residence over the weekend, and he and his mates have combies going in and out of the driveway at all hours of the day and night (this in itself is another story entirely), so I'm not sure what kind of room we're going to have. There should be enough room on our side for three cars, maybe four if somebody parks on the footpath like LOADEDDOG did last time. If space turns out to be cramped, there's a nice big carpark across the street at the primary school, I don't think you'd get in any trouble at all for parking there.

12. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Well Pinback, when it comes to parking its first come first serve isnt? :) he he

CYA all there!

13. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Unless you happen to have a sandcrawler. I don't think anyone would argue with stinkyjawa about parking places.

14. Pinback

Nov 30, 2000
    Going grocery shopping tomorrow night; anybody got any requests?

Within reason, of course. *g*

15. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    MMs, Coke, Icecream.

Like us to bring some stuff to add to what you've got. Drinks or anything?

16. Pinback

Nov 30, 2000
    Hmmmm, tough call. Maybe just a bottle of drink, I thought we might pick up a cube like last time as well.

We just picked up some ice blocks, but on a hot sunny day, nothing beats an ice cream float (I think you folks call ém Spiders); too bad they don't seem to have root beer over here, you're seriously missing out.

17. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Well I can bring a bottle of something or some chippies to munch on. I'll bring my fan film cds as well and if we are going to have a dvd player there, I own The Matrix, The Mummy, Braveheart and Gladitors. But I think we should have plenty of stuff to watch, see how we go I guess!!

18. Pinback

Nov 30, 2000
    I appreciate that SK, but we bought our player in the States, so it only plays Region 1 discs; we are looking into a modification that won't leave our current collection useless, it's a tricky proposition.

Here's another thing; I probably should've brought this up earlier, but would anybody mind chipping $5 towards pizza? I've got a voucher that'll get us three large pizzas, garlic bread and a bottle of drink for $26.95 (that totals $175 with GST; kidding!), plus we'll have nachos and nibblies on hand while we wait for delivery. I hope I'm not springing this on ya?

19. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    You can actually get root beer if you look hard. Check some of the little asian stores and markets. A lot of them get cans of A&W from Indonesia.

20. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    hehehe just having another look thru here... and soneil wanting to go all blokey and have a flatulence comp... does he even know who Wraith 10 is??? hehehehehe .... Hello Shalla :)

21. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    You'll have to enlighten me. And I'm not talking about blue flames.

22. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    from Star Wars X-wing Iron Fist (book 6 but book 2 in the Wraith series)
    Dramatis Personae (sounds flash eh??)
    Shalla Nelprin (Ten) (human female from Ingo)

so our illustrious leader has now shown his fenimine side (to quote that great ad on tv :) )

23. Pinback

Nov 30, 2000
    Thanks to all who joined us Friday night; as usual, things were kinda half-assed, but I do hope those of you who were there had a good time, and got enough to eat and drink. Also hope you enjoyed our evening's entertainment, I know it was... um, eclectic.

I won't complain about the turnout (I'll leave that to Soneil), I'm just happy if I manage to show up! It'd be nice to see more people at the TPM night, and really, how can you resist any occasion to sit on blankets?

That's what I should do at our next party; have blankets all over the floor! I'll have to beat people off the porch with a stick! Hey, come on over and I'll beat ya with a stick anyway, c'mon, it'll be fun!

24. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Now for my bit.

Where were the rest of you slackers?
    Pinback, SoulKrusher, Grizzly, Princess Lego & I had a good time. Shame on the others (some had excuses but...). You missed out on seeing lots of short films, including a rather odd one about a rather odd postman (after you left SK).

25. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    That was the best flick of the night !!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.