main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Pip Andersen in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Adi_Gallia_9, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

Yes, it could be just as simple as Serkis invited him. A few of the gang could have been there but only Anderson went on Twitter about it.

2. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
  3. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
  4. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Maybe Pip is one of the "Rockers"? Although I doubt such a role would require an extensive search.

5. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    There's no reason that he can't be doing motion capture work for a character or characters other than the main character he is playing. If you want some crazily agile aliens/bounty hunters/what have you to be part of a chase and you already have a parkour expert on cast, you might as well use their skills. I'm not saying that he won't be some sort of alien in the film, but just because he is doing mo-cap work does not necessarily mean that he is *only* playing a motion-captured character. Often, people will play different roles in the same film. Look at Silas Carson from the prequels...

6. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
    Maybe he will be the primary alien sidekick since Serkis is apparently only cameoing...

Darth_Bertie likes this.
  7. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I would say that there will be a number of motion capture aliens in this movie, which would require a number of different actors to portray them distinctively. Picking Pip suggests to me a particularly 'agile' one. ;)

If he was also at the Puzzlewood shot then I think it's reasonable to consider the possibility that he plays more than one character. :)

Satipo likes this.
  8. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    https://twitter.com/piptrix

So looking at Pip Andersen's timeline, scanning down the page I see an update from twitter on September 17th saying that he is now following the Imaginarium amongst a few other things. Makes sense. Weeks later he'd be spending the day with them. On a side note he is the only cast member aside from Serkis that the Imaginarium is following.

When looking further back, not long after his casting announcement with Crystal Clarke in early July, it has an update saying he is following a bunch of people, now including Gwendoline Christie. This was during the time of the puzzlewood filming. An article posted in here suggests he was there with Driver, Boyega, and Ridley. But he has no tweets at all in June. Hmm

Then there's an update between May 1st and May 19th. This one is interesting. At some point around then he decided to start following Star Wars, Bad Robot, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, Andy Serkis, Lupita Nyong'o, Chloe Bruce, Josh Exell, Clare Glass, Stephanie Whitehead, Katie McDonnell, Helen Chislett, and Stan Lee. An odd assortment of people. Keep in mind this is just a week or two after the big casting announcement and several weeks before Lupita Nyong'o was announced. I'm sure he also followed Boyega and Ridley before they nuked their accounts.

So maybe the announcement didn't exactly coincide with when Clarke and Andersen actually signed on? The same with Nyong'o. It's possible that when they didn't get the roles cast in time for the script read, they delayed their announcements as they didn't want them to be overshadowed by the already announced cast and the start of Episode 7 filming. Plus if their characters weren't participating in Abu Dhabi, things could be held off a bit. Then in June they announced Nyong'o and Christie. But then Ford got injured and rather than compete with that story, they delayed their announcements further.

EDIT: Maybe Ridley was so excited for the announcement because she was quite familiar with the two by then?

[​IMG]

9. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I'm sure they were both signed on before they were announced. Driver, Boyega and Ridley most certainly were.

I could see Pip doing mo-cap and/ or playing a minor character.

10. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    that mo cap has been confirmed that it's not for Star Wars.;)

11. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    Where?

12. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    i love parcour, can't wait to see an alien jumping around an inner city housing estate in space

rumsmuggler likes this.
  13. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Actors could be getting mo-capped for holograms

probably not

14. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Parkour alien would be interesting for a bit part.

15. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Every Star Wars movie has a chase sequence of some sort - perhaps Episode VII's is a chase on foot.

16. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    I think I said this in another thread but I'm still leaning towards him playing the younger blue alien that joins Ridley, Boyega and crew on the adventure. I don't know if he'll be voicing the character or not though and I think Serkis is playing the older one that might get killed during the desert dwelling raid. The older one might be a teacher or run an orphanage.

There was a concept art piece of the blue alien riding the pig creature with Ridley kinda directing things from the ground as it dragged a ship behind it. Andersen doesn't tweet or retweet much, but one thing relating to Star Wars that he did tweet was an image of a tusken raider riding a bantha. It's possible he was teasing something he somewhat does in Episode 7.

17. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Pip will be a Stormtrooper or a pilot or something, although he could be doubling up for the Imaginarium.

18. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Yes, I suspect he and Clarke are playing small roles that feature across all three movies - the Sequel Trilogy's "Wedge" characters but maybe with something more to do.

Darth_Bertie, Satipo and Revanfan1 like this.
  19. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Looking over some of Andersen's YouTube videos, I'm remembering how amazing this guy is and once again psyched to see him in VII.

starocean90 likes this.
  20. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Well not everyone is playing a human right, we need a few aliens.

21. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    I hadn't seen a picture of this guy until just now. My first thought is he's related to Han Solo. I mean literally, that was the first thing that popped into my mind.

Jedi, X-wing pilot? He's young, looks like the kind of guy that ladies would like, very athletic, etc.

He could also be a young upstart Imperial officer. Who knows. But he has the look of a good guy, if he plays a human.

22. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Nyong'o and Serkis are aliens, if the rumors are correct.

starocean90 likes this.
  23. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    The thing is: Pip was officially announced, Yerolemou and Chong weren`t. So I believe Pip`s role is a little bigger. :)

Revanfan1 and JediFan215 like this.
  24. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    o_O
    to a character that dies early, makes no difference.;)

Revanfan1 likes this.
  25. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    Wasn`t there a big search for Pip`s and Chrystal`s roles?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.