main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Pip Andersen in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Adi_Gallia_9, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe he's the son of Jabba?

2. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

Which is why it's baffling to me why this thread is 2 times longer than the Crystal Clarke one. I believe she will have a more substantial role. All speculation of course.

3. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    For all we know, they may even have been shooting already and the only reason they got announced now was to put a positive spin on the hiatus news (not that one was really needed. Considering how bad it might have been, 2 weeks seems like a fairly minimal delay). I suspect the reason people are more focussed on Pip is that the parkour angle gives more potential for speculation at this stage (though ironically, I wonder if we won't actually see his skills at all).

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  4. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    I think both Pip and Crystal will have equal sized roles, and neither of which will be particularly significant. I also believe they were cast ages ago and the mystery box is letting out casting info in stages. So they more than likely have been filming already.

5. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Yeah, thinking back to the PT there are sooooooo many actors in very very very small roles

6. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Even if that is the case it is no big deal considering the small sample size. It isn't as if he has a 100 pages to her 57. It is like 7 to 4.

7. Tatooine Twilight Twins

May 1, 2014

Sounds reasonable as anything to me.

That dude, Jason, at the Making Star Wars site needs an intervention on this subject. He has almost convinced himself that the two new additions are going to be playing more important characters than the ones Ridley and Boyega are playing.:rolleyes:

Claire1976 likes this.
  8. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    It's not baffling to me at all.

Let's face it, we know pretty much nothing at all about Clarke, her abilities or really, her role (though it appears she's "Rachel" to Andersen's "Thomas"). We've got next to nothing to really sink our teeth into, so what is there really to say yet?

But with Pip, there's the parkour, and given the nature of SW, that's at least some kind of angle folks can discuss. Were it not for those talents, I bet we'd probably find ourselves largely in the same boat with Pip as we are with Crystal, with next to nothing to talk about.

I could be mistaken, but if I had to guess, I would think neither actor will have anything approaching a "lead" role. But that's only because I don't buy that a film like this would hold open auditions to try to fill any primary roles.

Given what precious little we know about either Andersen or Clarke's roles, I can't see how anyone is in any position to suggest either actor will have a more "substantial" presence than the other?

I wonder what makes you think so? Just a hunch?

Immortiss and Satipo like this.
  9. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    Agreed. According to this article: http://www.independent.ie/entertain...abrams-tips-him-as-one-to-watch-30010240.html, the last stage of the selection process was held in February. Somehow, I doubt it would take them several months to make the final decision. Curiously, Daisy was also cast in February, maybe they were indeed using the open casting to cast Lead and Minor roles.

10. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Good find. That was exactly what I thought, that the call backs for those auditions would have happened months ago and they probably had those roles cast for quite a while. Some sites are acting like this was a last minute thing and these two are major players in the movie, particularly MakingStarWars who claimed yesterday that they had heard that their roles are so important that the director of episode 8 was personally involved in their selection as they will have even bigger roles in that. Which sorry, I don't buy for a second.

Adi_Gallia_9 and CairnsTony like this.
  11. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    A curious response I often see is the assumption that new cast announcements have just been cast. It's a sure bet that there are several actors including some with speaking parts who have filmed or are filming their scenes already, that we don't even know about; more minor roles essentially. They just haven't been announced yet is all...

Satipo, Adi_Gallia_9 and Claire1976 like this.
  12. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Agreed CairnsTony, just because they have only just been announced doesn't mean they have just been cast. I'm sure JJ loves to sit on things for a bit... :p

Satipo and CairnsTony like this.
  13. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999

His parkour is enough to launch dozens more posts than Clarke? I just don't see how that tells us much of anything besides that the role will be physical. With Clarke, the possibilities are more extensive in my mind: Lando/Obi-Wan daughter, friend of Boyega or Daisy character, love interest...

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Reading back through the posts in this topic, yes, I do think that's the factor which has generated the bulk of the discussion.

Is it "worthy" of dozens more posts than Clarke? I dunno? The results are what they are. But that said (just playing devil's advocate, here), every one of the exact same speculative points you raise for Clarke (child of an OT character/friend/love interest) could all just as potentially apply to Pip, right? So in that sense, it's kind of a wash, innit?

And I agree the parkour angle doesn't tell us much, but between what we actually know about either of the two so far (next to nothing), it seems like it's the only kind of solid thing to go on, so I think it's easy to see why folks are latching on to it.

When we get anything of note to go on for Miss Clarke - any kind of real hint as to what her role really may be, any amount of tweeting by her from the set, anything - don't be surprised to see the number of posts in her thread increase quickly.

ForgottennJedi1986 and HL&S like this.
  15. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    This is exactly what I was going to say, right here. Just as Clarke could be related to Lando/Kenobi (wait...how, exactly, on that second one?), or a friend of Boyega or Daisy, the same can be said for Pip. What if he's the son of Wedge Antilles? Or Dòn's best friend? Or the great-nephew of Obi-Wan? Or he could be a villain. Or just a random Jedi. We can speculate about Pip just as easily as Clarke.

16. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999

Indeed and we haven't even gotten to those other potentialities. We would be looking at hundreds more posts then. Pip beats Clarke on parkour alone. I dunno, I just think the likely possibilities for her are greater. Casting an actor for his/her physical abilities this late in the game suggests he'll be either a minor villain or it will be a minor Jedi role.

A more important question, why does Ridley's thread have 5.09785% more posts than Boyega's????? :p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    'Cause Daisy's pretty! :p

But honestly, we don't know that the deciding factor in landing the role was Andersen's impressive physical abilities. And there's every chance his role could require the same amount of dramatic demands as Clarke's.

Or not. We just don't know yet.

I just think that, all things being equal (and those equal things, right now, being almost nothing) the parkour thing is interesting enough to spark some discussion/speculation. Still, for all we know, it won't even come into play.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  18. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Lol, I'm surprised that no one has conjured up a theory that Pip and Crystal were cast to fill in for Harrison while he recovers. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

T-R- likes this.
  19. Tatooine Twilight Twins

May 1, 2014

The same could be said of Andersen (except think Luke, Han or Leia as his lineage rather than Lando). Plus he KNOWS parkour.

20. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001

It's cool just watching him practice. Looks like fun. This must have been a real bonus for the casting director. It's probably something that helped him stand out at the end after so many lines being read.

Immortiss likes this.
  21. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
  22. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    Love that Parkour style. The movements look cool. Hope he's a jedi but I would be fine with him being a villain too cause the movements are really dynamic.

Revanfan1 and ForgottennJedi1986 like this.
  23. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    So this was retweeted by Pip. They used the Star Wars VII hash tag but I'm guessing that's just for attention and these people aren't related to Star Wars.

https://twitter.com/beckyandersen/status/488670985898721280

@beckyandersen: Photoshoot with the brilliant @JoshExell today @piptrix #starwarsVII

24. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Hmm, but I wonder if the photoshoot was connected to SW, or maybe it's just for his parkour stuff . If it is SW then could be quite telling I suppose. Minor characters don't normally go in for movie photoshoots.

btw, Becky Andersen is his wife.

25. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    You know Lucasfilm has photographers and documentarians running around creating artifacts for the Bonus Content. I was always impressed, even as a kid, with Lucas when it came to the quantity of images he had staff produce for marketing even without confidence that Star Wars would ever succeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.