1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive Pirates: Davey Jones Sweatsocks (A GDG Production)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by PRENNTACULAR, May 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRENNTACULAR VIP

    Member Since:
    Dec 21, 2005
    star 6
    IC: (Olga) Ima Man (Barkeep)
    The Blue Galleon/Black Spot

    Ima looked longingly at the neatly pressed lawyer, and a woman who was nothing other than competition in the eyse of the seasoned Barkeep. Placing her gargantuan arms on the bar in front of the lawyer, Ima batted her one good eye and raised her voice one octive. What ended up coming from her mouth sounded more like a bullfrog in labour than a human being (male or otherwise).

    "Well sir, if ye be lookin for some action...Me ears 'ave been tellin me 'hat the great C'ptain 'ans 'obbes be lookin' for a crew...Of course ye could just stay 'ere and I'll be more than 'appy to...fill 'yer appe'ite..."

    TAG: I_H, Trimaj


    IC: Captain Hans Hobbes
    The Miniscule

    Hans watched as the lumbering idiot came stalking towards him. 'ere be another great catch... he sighed to himself.

    "Ay ther'r, is ye bein' able to fit one mor' pass'ng'r on this... so fine ship ye hav' her'r?"

    Hans couldn't tell if the sailor was drunk or dumb. Either way, he was huge, and every pirate crew needed the token un-thinking mass of muscle.

    "Ay lad, we be needen all the 'elp we can get. Welcome aboard the Miniscule. Ye can find yer cabin space under the deck lad. We be meetin in a 'little bit, once we got a full crew."

    TAG: Oblivion/>
  2. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

    Manager
    Member Since:
    May 23, 2005
    star 6
    Henri Le Rouge

    Henri heaved a sigh of relief.

    He truned to the docks, seeing the Haitian and his comrades skid to a halt by the boat.

    "You're too late, mes amis! Ah've got places to go, people to see, h'okay?" he said, indicating the few crew members visible aboard the boat. Of course, the crew was outnumbered by the Haitian mob, but no-one needed to know that.

    Tag: Prenn, Any who want it
  3. the_unknowable_jedi Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 17, 2005
    star 4
    GM Approved, so don't bother me

    Name: Scurb
    Alias: lionlegs
    Age: 30
    Gender: Male
    Nationality: British
    Hair Color / Style: white
    Eye Color: blueish grey
    Skin Color: white
    Clothing: CLICK HERE
    Weapons: Flint-lock pistol and sword
    Town: New England
    Bio / History: None, kept hidden according to the namodic habits of Scurb himself, but i will give you this: His personality is rather like Captain Jack Sparrow's off of the movie: Pirates of the Carribean

    Quirks (necessary): Left eye seems to twitch horribly everytime Scurb smiles, and he sees everything as amusing...most people who meat him think he is a bit touched in the head ...
    Pet (if you want it):
    Any Specific Skills: A regular scalawag of the good ole' sword of his

    Aspects
    Fame (0-10): 1
    Wealth (0-10) 6

    IC: Scurb
    the docks

    Scurb took a walk towards the docks area...and noticed that some of the ships were ready to leave, while other ships were being crowded by mob like groups... "aye, this cou' be slow waitin"...To amuse himself, scurb started throwing corks on the back of other people's heads...he then allowed himself a maniacal grin, his left eye twitching horribly..and then he noticed a frenchmen he knew only by name.. "oiy!!Henri you scalawag!!...you needin a crew member or two?" Scurb eyed the Haitian mob...

    TAG: Prenn or anyone at the docks />
  4. Ptolemy7 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Mar 11, 2006
    star 2
    IC: Scots

    Scots sat back contentedly in his chair, picking at his teeth. At that instant, Juggling Jim went by, carrying a small wooden coffin. Scots ducked.

    TAG: Any, none.

    OOC: Sorry for the short post, I couldn't think of anything.
  5. Jango10 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 22, 2002
    star 5
    OOC: I will have limited internet access over the next two weeks or so. Hopefully I will be able to particpate once I return.
  6. PRENNTACULAR VIP

    Member Since:
    Dec 21, 2005
    star 6
    GM-Alright Jango, no worries. Hope to see you when you get back. Ptolemy, there should be some action coming soon, don't worry.

    IC: Captain Hans Hobbes
    Outside the Miniscule

    Hobbes noticed the Hatitian mob, and thought to himself that this might be a good oppurtunity to test the salt of his crew. He walked over to the insane frenchman who looked like Captain Morgan and asked, "'ey, you be knowin those men? Arrrrr ya in some trouble with dem? 'cause yer a member of the Miniscule crew now, and we stick together!"

    TAG: Peng, Scurb, Oblivion, Any others

  7. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    OOC: Slightly edited for sequentially conflicting tags.

    IC: Tilsby Hobson
    Location: The Blue Galleon

    The thin lawyer was just overwhelmed at the position he found himself in. Now there were two women? Here? Around him? Gah!

    They didn't teach him all this at Oxford. It seemed more and more, he always found himself in these situations. It seemed fate had a sense of humor, and loved to taunt him with his... troubles.... with the fairer sex. His whirling mind at the Irish Beauty behind him was broken into a million pieces by the advances of the Ogre in front of him.

    "Well sir, if ye be lookin for some action...Me ears 'ave been tellin me 'hat the great C'ptain 'ans 'obbes be lookin' for a crew...Of course ye could just stay 'ere and I'll be more than 'appy to...fill 'yer appe'ite..."

    The woman made all sorts of weird movements with her eyes and her arms, overwhelming Tilsby to the point that he withdrew so violently, toppling over onto the floor behind him. The barkeep looked more than a bit confused, and he didn't see what happened to the Irish woman. Most likely got out of the way of the falling lawyer.

    "Ahhh..." Tilsby said, backing away over the wooden floor, trying to get up. "No thank you Madame. Some pressing engagement will come... I just remembered... yes. Thank you. I'll be fine, thank you." Tilbsy scrambled to his feet, bolting out the door and into the body of the Irish woman.

    "Ye don' seem so sure abou' that. Seems ta me ye be needin' more help by thuh second." The Woman rested a hand on his arm, "Aye be knowin' a job ye could be takein'. Ye'd get ta be seein' more o' meself as well, ye'd be likin' that wouldn' ye?" Her voice tinkled softly.

    "Gnah..." the lawyer said, being led by the woman down the street somewhere.

    "If ye don' be mindin', what be yer name?" She could make conversation, her family had made sure of that. Hopefully she'd be able to put this lawyer at his ease before they reached the docks.

    Tilsby looked at the shops he was passing as if he had never seen anything like that in his life. All he knew was that there were some hands on his arm.... and that some beautiful woman was leading him somewhere.

    "Hobsby Tilson..." the man said in a far away voice.

    Where was he going?

    TAG: Tri, Prenn (if he wants it), Others
  8. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

    Manager
    Member Since:
    May 23, 2005
    star 6
    Henri

    Henri laughed.

    "Zees miscreants 'ahve tormented me for quite some time. Ah think Ah shall be ze bigger man, and let them go their own way." he said.

    He drew his pistol, and shot ofd the Haitian's topknot.

    "Get ze gone!"

    He holstered his pistol with a laugh, and his belt fell to the deck.

    Tag: Prenn
  9. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Aug 14, 2002
    star 5
    OOC: DVC will be out of action for a bit as his computer has fried. He said the monkey could have his rum rations.
  10. The Great No One Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 4, 2005
    star 8
    OOC: Just wanted to warn you all that I'm not going to be available over the weekend. I'll be back come tuesday at the latest. I'll try to get a post in before I leave today, but the odds aren't good.
  11. Darth_Joesha Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 22, 2004
    star 4
    ooc: I really want to carry on with the rpg but i have no idea whats going on. Could someone please tag me?
  12. PRENNTACULAR VIP

    Member Since:
    Dec 21, 2005
    star 6
    GM- Joesha, I am working on a post that will include everyone and get our halarious journey off to a roaring start!
  13. Darth_Joesha Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 22, 2004
    star 4
    ooc: Okay, i'll wait for that. Just posting to say i'm still in on this game! Thanks
  14. Eme-ma_Himou Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Aug 29, 2004
    star 4
    OOC: I'm still working on a post that'll get me in the little scuffle. As with Joesha, just posting to say that I'm still here.
  15. the_unknowable_jedi Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 17, 2005
    star 4
    IC: Scurb

    Scurb took another look at the Haitian mob and knew there would be trouble...."Oiy!! Out of the way sissies!!...Make way!"..Scurb start to push through the mob..Not a smart thing to do, but scurb was a little off his rocker this morning, and didn't wanted to be ignored, especially by some frenchman........"YOU!!" he pointed at Henri " You need help bunchin up these flee infested dogs!?!"

    TAG: Henri or Prenn
  16. PRENNTACULAR VIP

    Member Since:
    Dec 21, 2005
    star 6
    IC: Captain Hans Hobbes
    The Docks

    Hobbes looked at the mob, and then he looked at his new crew, that wasn't even a full crew yet. The salty captian felt a tug at his leg and looked down to see Jonas, the monkey. Jonas had his knife out and was ready to get in on some fighting.

    "My thoughs exactly little friend."

    Hobbes then looked at his rag-tag crew. "Arrrrrightty my friends, its time we be gettin' some action. Grab yer weapons and lets scare that mob away! They threatened one of our own! Fight!!!!"

    Jonas let out a roar that surpirsed even him, and sounded rather like a dinosuar eating a chockboard. With the small, angst filled monkey leading the way, the crew charged.

    TAG: All

    GM- If you havn't arrived yet, now is the time to. Just have your character arrive and take part in the fray.
  17. Eme-ma_Himou Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Aug 29, 2004
    star 4
    IC: Hawk

    The Navyman-turned-Pirate rushed out of the cabin as the rest of the crew sauntered awkwardly into battle.

    "Go, Pengana!" Teach called, as the raptor jumped from the top of the mast only to release her wings halfway down.

    With his sword in hand, Matthew Teach was going to make sure his first Pirate battle wasn't also his last.

    TAG: The Crew
  18. Ptolemy7 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Mar 11, 2006
    star 2
    IC: Scots McGraw

    "Arrrrrightty my friends, its time we be gettin' some action. Grab yer weapons and lets scare that mob away! They threatened one of our own! Fight!!!!"

    Scots glanced around blearily. Foes! "Aye, Cap'n!" he shouted, groping for the hilt of his claymore. He missed it once or twice, but on the third attempt managed to get hold of the sword, and wrenched it out, swaying a bit.
    "Blood 'n Gunpowder, lads!" roared Scots, slashing a rigging line, catching hold, and swinging toward his enemies. "By Flint's dusty bones!"
    Scots released the line, and went flying into the thick of the fight, squashing several enemies with his initial fall before he leapt to his feet, roaring in gaelic and laying about with his claymore like a madman.

    TAG: Others.
  19. Zethyus Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    May 26, 2006
    star 1
    IC: Mo Wronn, A.K.A. Moronic Mo
    The Docks

    "Right then," Moronic Mo said as the crew readied for their battle. Unholstering his gun, Mo accidentally shot a bullet into the wooden floor of the ship. "Oopsies." Whistling innocently (although it was palpable that he was not), Mo turned and joined his newfound crew.


    Tag: Anyone

    OoC: Sorry for the short post, I'm in a bit of a hurry. :)
  20. the_unknowable_jedi Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 17, 2005
    star 4
    IC: Scurb

    No one was paying Scurb any mind or attention, and he wasn't happy about it, not one bit.....Scurb took a glance at all of the other pirate crews getting ready for a fight.....He had felt this coming, and thought it all amusing, So as he brought out his pistol and stepped in to the Haitan mob to start the fight, he tripped and fell face first in monkey Poo..."ARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"....He stood there in monkey poo for a while, too mad to get up and take the embarassing shame of clumsiness..when he realized that when most of the other pirates where laughing at him....that the only cure was to get up and get every inch of his body in to bashing heads in......Scurb gave a Girlish giggle at the thought of bashing heads in and climbed up some cargo crates..Grinned(his eye twitched horribly in responce) and then proceeded to leap in to the mob of haitians from above to start the fight.


    TAG: Anyone :D
  21. Eme-ma_Himou Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Aug 29, 2004
    star 4
    IC: Hawk

    Teach raised an eyebrow as he surveyed the men going into battle. "So this is his crew," the secret Lord whispered to himself.

    He looked down at the pistol in his grip and gave it a click-unclick. Self-defense mechanism, Teach mused.

    All of a sudden, a bullet wizzed past him, nicking the already ravaged collar of his coat.

    "That does it!" Hawk yelled, as he swung himself over the side of the ship onto the deck.

    He wanted a hat...

    TAG: The Haitians (and their nice hats)
  22. the_unknowable_jedi Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 17, 2005
    star 4
    IC: Scurb
    the docks

    As Scurb landed in the middle of the mob, he had felt the brief sensation...this was exhilarating, like bouncing on to a pool of his favorite jello...and the bonus of it all was thought Scurb with hysterical joy, was that i get to bash and punch at it all!....scurb had momentarily surprised the haitian mob, and he only got a few surprise sucker punches in before he really had to start dodging and fighting for his life..meanwhile, Scurb's ears heard a shot go off, then a muffled yell of "That does it!!! " in the distance and instance as he saw a man also jump in to the mob of haitians..he saw him stealing hats from random people, it seemed he was doing a little window shopping before taking...

    TAG: Eme-ma_Himou (And the hiatians with their nice hats[face_laugh] )
  23. Ptolemy7 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Mar 11, 2006
    star 2
    IC: Scots McGraw

    Scots flailed wildly with his sword. He was rather tipsy, and thus displayed little or no skill with the blade, but he was so ferocious in his wild swings that this didn't matter much. The crowd drew back around him.
    "Hahaaaa!!" roared Scots. "Ye cannae stand afore a red-haired son 'o Mother Scotland! Tak' that, ye rascal! An' that!" He hacked wildly at the offending keg of whiskey, realized his error, took a quick swig from the spraying liquid, and turned around again, more formidable than ever (though his battle-cries were now slightly slurred, and he staggered a bit).
    "Aye! Bloo...'n...n...Gunpoor, thar's the one!" he cried, stabbing everywhere he could reach before he tripped spectacularly over his own feet and fell flat on his face.

    TAG: Others.



  24. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

    Manager
    Member Since:
    May 23, 2005
    star 6
    Henri

    Henri had just pulled up his belt when a man came up to him, grunting something about keping the crew in line.

    "Nonsense! Ze Dread Pirate Read needs no help!" he said loudly. This was, of course true. "But, euh, perhaps ze esteemed Captaine of zis bateau does." Henri pointed to Hobbes.

    Wait - was Hobbes the captain? Henri himself had no clue.

  25. Eme-ma_Himou Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Aug 29, 2004
    star 4
    IC: Hawk

    Too feathery... too big! too much... whatever that was...

    His rapier danced through the battle, further evidence of his civilized instruction.

    There it is... the perfect tricorn!

    Using the hilt shielding, Teach slammed a blow directly into the man's face, and moved the point of the blade to pick the hat off his unconcious head.

    Teach tried it on but, alas, it did not fit!

    "Oh for crying out..." he started to yell before he threw the hat aside and went back to battle.

    TAG: Whoever has the tricorn that fits!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.