main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Pirates! Live the Life

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Octavulg

Octavulg Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2004
    IC
    "Belay that firing!" Hakim roared, drawing his scimitar from its scabbard. "Up and into them!"

He charged up the stairs towards the already chaotic battle, followed by Mr Christopher and the rest of the now superfluous gun crew. With a warcry ringing from his lips, Hakim vaulted across the small distance between the two ships, drawing his pistol as he did so. With scimitar and pistol in hand, he looked about for an opponent as the gunners streamed over the rail behind him.

Tag: All

2. GrUnT_HUNTER

GrUnT_HUNTER Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2004
    ic:

As soon as the firing began, Ian was forced to dive for cover. As the Revenge's crew began to come up from below deck, he sprinted across the deck towards a Spanish officer with a sword drawn.

Ian caught the man unawares and parried a weak swing with his dirk, then shoved his pistol into the man's gut and fired. The Spaniard's sword dropped out of his hand, and clanged on the deck.

Afterwards, several Spaniards fired at Ian, but he dove to the deck in time. Holstering his pistol and grabbing the dying Spaniards saber, Ian charged forward to meet the rest of his enemies.

Ian Gallagher was a fiersome sight with his stolen saber in his right hand and his dirk in his left hand. Letting out a fearsome yell, he met the Spaniards head on as Hakim and Connor Blake joined beside him.

TAG: EVERYONE

3. GrUnT_HUNTER

May 5, 2004
    ooc:

Wow, did I kill this thread by bad role-playing?

I apologize, maybe killing a guy and taking his sword was too much for little Ian to do :(

We should really get this rollin.

I know everyone is busy, but I don't want to see this rpg fade into nothingness.

4. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    OOC: I'm still in, assuming it's not officially dead, or something.

5. LeiaHair

LeiaHair Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2003
    OOC: I thought this game was dead.

EDIT:Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed.

6. GrUnT_HUNTER

May 5, 2004
    IT BETTER NOT BE OVER.

We've put a lot of time and work into this and the characters are great.

Imperial_Hammer, continue the game or allow me to be gm or something.

I don't want to see this rpg die...

7. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    OOC: Awwww.... thanks guys....

Well, if you insist.... ;)

[b]IC: The Spanish ship[/b]

Gunshots rained down between the two vessels as they brought their guns and rifles to bear on eachother. But soon, such weapons became nicities as the battle moved to sword to sword fighting.

Soon, each of the pirates found them engaged in a deadly duel with a sailor on the Spanish ship.

Meanwhile, it seemed that the Spanish Captain had disappeared below decks as Captain Stewart followed in close pursuit.

[b] TAG: All [/b]

OOC: Sorry for the shorter post, but I need to get back into the swing of things in this RPG. Basically, all of you are in a duel with one other sailor. Each of you have the first move. Think creatively and you shall be rewarded! Its a swordfight so your moves will be to the tune of "slash to the torso" , "swing to the head" .... etc.

8. LeiaHair

Aug 9, 2003
    IC: Josephine Moore

Josephine stared in horror... she had no idea how to use a sword. She grabbed one off a dead man on the deck, just incase. Josephine was just the medic on this ship... and not a very seasoned one. A spaniard jumped down infront of her. THe look on his face scared Josephine. He said something in spanish to her, but she didn't know what he said. She took a swing at him, but he quickly grabbed her arm, causing her to drop her sword. "Help!" She screamed. The spaniard put his hand over her mouth and started using her for a shild to get back to the ship. "MMMMmmmmm!" She screamed.

TAG: Anyone

9. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    IC Connor Blake

Connor surveyed the chaos about him, and gestured to the four men next to him. "Take the stairs up to the ship's wheel. From up there, we can use the bottleneck of the stairs as our killing point."

He glanced back over the full fight, and his eyes settled on a specific point. One of the pirate women was being used as a shield.

"Head to the stairs without me," He ordered grimly. "I'll join you presently."

He waded back into the carnage to head towards Josephine, when a large towering Spaniard made to block his way.

He moved one hand towards his pistol to distract the giant, then spun on his left heel, slicing down at the man's hamstrings with his sword.

Tag: I_H

10. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    IC: Hamstring Spaniard

The man gave a mighty yell as he crumpled to his knees at the feet of the man. He grabbed onto Connor's legs, pushing him down to the floor.

IC: Kidnapper Spaniard

The man began moving towards the back of the Revenge, with his sword at Joesphines neck.

TAG: All

11. LeiaHair

Aug 9, 2003

Josephine was terrified. She didn't know what to do. The man had his sword at her neck... Her eyes started to water.

TAG: Anyone

12. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    IC Connor Blake

White.

White was all Connor could see. There was a murmur of sound in the background. He shook his head, and his vision began to clear.

"Wha?" He croaked. His head had been knocked hard against the deck when he'd been knocked to it. He blinked, his vision began to clear, and he immediately remembered where he was. The roar of battle immediately began to assault his ears.

He threw himself to the right as a sword stabbed down at him, but realized one of his legs was caught under the bulk of the giant man lay before him. The man was struggling to get up, but to no avail.

Though his leg was still pinned, he managed to move just enough that the sword that had been stabbed at him missed his neck, slamming into the wooden planking.

He glared up at the one who'd tried to kill him while he was down, and reached up to pull the man down with him before he could pull the sword back up with his stronger arm. With his left hand, he readied his dagger to slit the man's throat once he'd fallen.

Tag: I_H

13. LeiaHair

Aug 9, 2003

Josephine could tell she was on their ship. She kicked violently, but the man was much taller and stronger than her. She screamed behind the man's hands... but it didn't do too much good. Suddenly, everything went black.

TAG: I_H

14. Octavulg

Jan 17, 2004
    IC: The cut over Hakim's cheek from flying splinters was bleeding profusely. His muscles were sore. The Spaniard in front of him was, judging by his expression, gleefully anticipating turning him into a kebab. And although Hakim missed them, he had no desire to become one.

He whipped his scimitar into the guard position before feinting high, then sweeping his scimitar down for a cut at his enemy's ankles.

As Hakim moved, the Spaniard's own blade twitched...

Tag: Imperial_Hammer, anyone else who applies.

15. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    IC: Hamstring Spaniard

"Dirty Pirate scum. I hope you burn.." he said bleeding profusely from his legs.

Another Pirate, a thin one with a rapier was walking towards Conner w/ murder in his eyes.

IC: Kidnapper Spaniard

The Spaniard saw the woman had fainted, so he droped her uselessly on the ground and went below decks on the [i]Revenge[/i]

[hr]

IC: Spaniard fighting Hakim

The Spaniard's eyes opened wide as he saw the huge Arabian Scimatar slam down on his own blade, knocking it out of his hands. He gave a nervous smile and jumped overboard.

[hr]

IC: Captain Stewart

Stewart stalked below decks, looking for the Spanish Captain. The little scum had left, hiding no doubt. This was strange however, as this was a military vessel. Captians here are usually fine fighters.

As he walked along, he heard a rustle behind him, and indeed, what looked like a fully armed Conquistador stepped out of shadows, between Stewart and the way out.

"You have a lot of nerve taking on such a vessel. Your sneak attack was a dirty play. Prepare to die."

Stewart whipped out his balanced rapier, as the Conquistador drew his perfectly balanced longsword.

The Captain threw the first swipe, and the battle was on!

[b]TAG: All [/b]

OOC: Yes... come back.... the RPG has been revived by popular demand!

16. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    OOC: Question- so, one of the pirates is about to turn on Connor? Or was that supposed to be a Spaniard?

17. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    OOC: Opps.... I meant Spaniard...

No... no treachery from the other pirates.... yet.... ;)

18. Octavulg

Jan 17, 2004
    OOC: Oh, come back...pansy. :p

IC: Hakim shook his head ruefully. Men had been made of sterner stuff when HE was in Spain. He held his sword ready as his eyes wandered the deck, searching for a new opponent. He saw his assistant, Mr Chistopher, with his back to a rail. The rotund little man was being hard pressed by two Spaniards, and it looked like his strength was about to run out.

Hakim roared out the ferocious warcry of his homeland as he charged forward across the deck towards the two men. Both glanced over their shoulders quickly, letting giving Hakim's fellow pirate some breathing room. The larger of the two turned to face Hakim, while the smaller continued to fence with Mr. Christopher.

One day, Hakim was going to have to find out that fellow's first name.

He stopped his charge just out of range of the Spaniard. The two men began to circle each other warily, neither quite ready to strike the first blow.

Hakim's scimitar darted forward in an underhand sweep toward his enemy's groin...

Tag: Imperial_Hammer

19. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Kacia Andreakos
    Onboard the ship

Kacia had never really been in a true battle before, and the first moment was utterly terrifying. But the automatic responses kicked in soon enough, and Kacia found herself on the deck, ducking the other ship's fire. I suppose I can't stay here forever, she thought, and slowly looked around, guaging the situation. It was all too complicated to really understand, so she jumped up, readied her sword, and charged the first enemy she found. Might as well just go for it...

TAG: Our awesome GM...

20. LeiaHair

Aug 9, 2003
    OOC: Hey, I_H, are you going to post for what happens to me... or do you want me to do it.... I'm not sure b/c she's not doing it herself....

21. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    OOC: Well, you were dropped to the ground, so you can pick up with what happens. The Spaniards probably think you're dead anyways.

Post coming up later on today...

22. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    OOC: Well people, it is my sad duty to terminate this RPG. It was great while it lasted.... but alas, it seemed to have died on our voyage to Petit Goave.

I have learned alot from this RPG.... namely to continue to keep the action going. I thought a lull b/w ports would be realistic, but it turned out that it killed the RPG.

My fond thanks to all who played, especially those who hung out til the end, namely NP, LeiaHair, Grunt, and Octavulg. Your persistance and dedication kept me from locking this along time ago.

I will definitely keep this in mind for a sequel, or rather, a revision. It will largely be the same, save for a few changes such as more action, etc.

I cordially invite you all to participate in my new and upcoming rpg: 'The Assistant' : Star Wars Meets the Apprentice.... coming soon to the RPF.

Thank you again... it was a pleasure GMing with you...

-Imperial_Hammer

23. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    OOC: Gah! I liked this RPG. No chance of it hanging on at all?

*sigh* Thank you for the fun while it lasted then, if it's truly dead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.