main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Pirates of the Caribbean 5: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Discussion in 'Community' started by Eeth-my-Koth, Aug 22, 2013.

1. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    I like this exchange from the trailer:

"I'm not looking for trouble."
    Sparrow: "What a horrible way to live."

[face_laugh]

2. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

I liked all 4 to varying degrees, lets face it, this isn't great cinema here they are popcorn flicks even the first one. it is what it is but they are all still loads of fun. I quite liked the Kraken in the second one! this new one looks no different IMHO, Looks like a good popcorn flick!

Sarge likes this.
  3. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Yeah, that was pretty funny. This trailer also more than made up for the lack of Jack in the previous trailers.

4. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004

Oh yeah, these aren't Oscar bait. All I ask for is a fun, rousing, agenda-free popcorn flick to help kick off the Summer. And after six years away, I actually find myself itching for a little high seas shenanigans w/Jack and Co. I just hope it avoids the bloat of the 2nd and 3rd films and the shrugtastic effort of the 4th.

Sarge likes this.
  5. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

The one I liked was

I saw her ankles!
    If you'd kept your cakehole shut, you'd have seen a lot more than her ankles.

PCCViking likes this.
  6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    John Edward would disagree with the title of this movie.

7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Looks like we're getting flashbacks to young Jack's life. IIRC, we've never seen a flashback in PotC before, just characters telling tales about what happened way back when.

8. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Sarge, not sure how strongly they treat their "expanded universe" (such as it is) as canon, but I was doing a little research yesterday after seeing the trailer and there was a series of YA novels featuring the adventures of young Jack around the creepily CGI de-ageified age we see him in the trailer. Be curious to see if there's any connection there. But as far as flashbacks in a traditional sense, I can't recall any (but it's been ages since I've watched any of them; something I plan to rectify here shortly to gear up for POTC5).

9. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    You spend $350 million on a movie, and all people remember is that one FX shot that's totally, completely wrong. Hello, Tarkin.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  10. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

In the 4th one I liked the fountain of youth and The mermaids were cool! my one problem was the Palm Tree Sling shot haven't we seen that in Indy 4? I also liked Black Beard and his daughter!

@Rylo Ken
    I could be wrong but most people thought CGI Tarkin and Leia looked great especially in there second viewing when they new what to expect and can sit back and relax. It just took me a few minutes into the Tarkin scene in my first viewing to get used to it. I think If most of us had no idea the Characters were CGI we probably wouldn't have even noticed or thought something was odd about it but cant pin point what is off about it. I think it is telling ILM won an Oscar for Dead Mans chest, At the time the effects were the best in the Business I loved Davie Jones and CGI has come a long way since then!

11. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Rylo Ken Yeah, it's like a figure skater who swirls and twirls around the ice at the Olympics, totally killing it, and then briefly stumbles. What do people tend to remember?

Jedi Merkurian and Rylo Ken like this.
  12. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Don't know if anyone caught this story, but apparently a group of hackers have... well, hacked the latest POTC and are holding it for ransom, demanding Disney pay them a large sum of money or they will begin releasing it online. No surprise that Mickey and Co. have told them to walk the plank.

Irony aside, piracy of this sort is yet another threat to the film industry. 20 years ago a guy selling poor quality tapes in Central Park wasn't a big deal, but when hi-def copies are stolen and can be distributed to tens of millions of people in the blink of an eye. Phew.

13. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    It can be widely pirated months before the premier and Disney will still make a fortune from it. Kind of ironic that a company makes a movie series about pirates but gets upset when it's pirated.

Alpha-Red and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Doesn't seem like they're upset given that the Mouse House ain't budging on the ransom.

15. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    That's a good thing too. Paying out ransoms like these will just encourage hackers to do even more of them.

16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  17. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Who is actually going to go to the trouble of downloading it, though?

I mean, at this point it's a film parents take their kids to on a day out, not something anyone over the age of fourteen is desperate to see on their monitor.

Alpha-Red and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  18. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I may rent if it turns out McCartney's pirate gets a significant role, but I never got into these; Though some of the villains were almost fun (what they did to Blackbeard still puzzles me. How do you screw up Ian McShane playing Blackbeard?!?)

19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  20. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Not sure when I'm seeing it, but it is Memorial weekend, don't have plans.. Maybe i'll go this weekend.. Thankfully I'm pretty spoiler free!
    When you seeing it?

Darkslayer likes this.
  21. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Probably this weekend.

B99 likes this.
  22. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Is it the last Pirates movie??

23. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    The marketing claims it is. However Orlando Bloom was literally discussing Pirates 6 a couple days ago. [face_laugh]

So who knows lol

El Jedi Colombiano and B99 like this.
  24. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Hopefully I'll see it at some point either this week or next week. I love the first 3 movies (yeah I know 2 and 3 are unpopular with some, but like the Star Wars Prequels I really don't get the hate for them). I watched 4 again a few weeks back and it was ok but nowhere near as good as the others.
    I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

Darkslayer likes this.
  25. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    No idea when I will see this, but if not this weekend, then sometime next week.

Excited but a bit cautious

B99 likes this.