main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Pirates of the Caribbean] A Foolish Heart (AWE, One-shot, Elizabeth, James)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Sara_Kenobi, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Title: A Foolish Heart
    Summary: Elizabeth's thoughts in her final moments with James Norrington during At World's End.
    Spoilers: Spoilers for the film below.
    Notes: Is from Elizabeth's POV. One-shot.
    Author: Sara Kenobi
    Disclaimer: I own no rights to nothing below, likely greatly Disney does and other people who are not me.

"Come with us."

I offer this with my heart pounding in my chest. I don't wish to leave him. I don't wish to lose another man that has such importance in my life.

I cannot let myself come to the realization of how just important he was, and how important he could have been to me.

My heart was held by another man, and I held his heart in turn. Even with the dark distance between us now. I could never be what James wanted me to be for him, but I was his friend, and I loved him.

It was then obvious that the crew had been made aware to our presence and would be arriving at any second to see who dared to escape the Flying Dutchman.

He told me to go and vowed to be right after me across the rope, but I did not believe him.

He was going to give his life to ensure our safety. my safety.

"You're lying!" I accuse with tears stinging my eyes.

My heart was with Will and I could not bare to leave him alone in this life as much as I wanted to stay and fight with James.

James forced a gentle smile to his handsome face.

Even with the look of a wild Pirate about him now, James Norrington was as handsome as he ever was and he was now my hero.

James touched my face with a solid hand and then leaned in to kiss me.

"Our destines always entwine, but never to be joined."

He then gave me the most feather light kiss upon my lips which quickly turned deep. I allowed his touch because in my heart I
    knew this would be the last time I ever see this good man again.

This good man who had only loved me, completely and truly, and who's love I could never return with nothing but cold heartiness because I had loved another. I feel foolish now for not seeing this man had been indeed worthy of my hand. I feel guilty for refusing such a man and always will for the rest of my life.

"Now go!" He spats harshly upon seeing me still rooted in place at his side.

I scowl in response as my tears begin to fall freely now. I climb across the rope, looking back, still hoping he'll change his mind and make way with me back to my Ship.

But I see Will's father there, branding a weapon of his own.

No one ever leaves the Dutchman

"No!" I scream. "James!" I call as I remember what was said about the ancient Ship.

Before I know it the rope snaps and I'm sent into the sea.

"No!" I sob uncontrollably now.

I'm pulled back to my own Ship by the arms while watching my friend fall and his body tossed into the sea after making a last attempt to show what kind of man he truly was to me. A good man who did everything he ever could in this life to love me.

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Sara! [:D]

Awww, Scruffington! :_| :_|

Wonderful job, hun! Poor James; always getting the worst end of the deal. Night insight into Elizabeth as well.

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, this was so sad!! Makes me like Norrington a bit more.

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000

Hi Miana! [:D]

Thanks! The scene really grabbed me in the film. I felt so sorry for James, and that he never got the girl. I wrote this one about a year ago now, and I thought I'd share it here. :)

Thanks very much! [face_dancing] I was hoping to make James more likeable, I'm glad I was able too. :)

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    :_|:_|:_|:_|

That was beautifully written and a great way to express Elizabeth's feelings for James.

I hope he knew she cared.

Great job on this

=D==D= =D= =D=

6. C1-J2

C1-J2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2007
    :_|

This was great! So sad! I've never been much of a Norrington person, but this definitely made me see his side of things. I feel much more sympathetic for him.

=D= Well done!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.