main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Pirates of the Caribbean III: At the World's End-- Now Accepting New Players!

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Jul 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    GM's OOC: In 2 or 3 updates, we're going to be setting out. So look for the time warp soon.

Pirates Arc

IC: Barbossa

Barbossa moved towards the doorway of the Inn. It was time to check up on the status of his crew. As he approached the door, yet another Pirate seeking passage out of the town approached Barbossa.

The Captain noticed that the man was wet. He stepped out of the puddle of water slowly forming around the man.

"Barbossa. My name is Captain Monkey Holloway, son of Captain James Holloway, Captain of The Irvine."

Barbossa wrinkled his nose, then peered out into the Harbor...

"What brings ye to these parts, captain? And where, out of curiosity, is your ship?"

TAG: Blubeast,

[b][color=green][u]Davy Jones Arc[/u][/color][/b]

[b]IC: Circumstance[/b]
    [i]Location: A Stormy Atlantic[/i]

As the crew of the Dutchman rounded up the ship-mates, rounding up those who complied into a line, the waves crashed against the ship. As Maccus walked along the line, one of the prisoners, apparently slipping into hysteria, started screaming...

"Jooooones!" he yelled. "Why do you now hunt our breathen! Why do you push us to the brink of extinction! You were once a Pirate! Traitor!!!"

[b]TAG: Jango, Mitth, Tog[/b]

2. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    IC: Robert Moore
    Bakery/Butchery

Robert smiled good-naturedly. He had finally gotten through to Page. He did seem like a good man to be around.

"His writing skills are really something. Seeing as I am not that well educated I stumbled a little while reading the book. It was a difficult read but worth the anguish at the end."

Robert tried to remember more on the subject but his mind wasn't cooperating so he paused to let Henry speak more.

Tag: Peng

3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Henry Page
    Butchery/Bakery

Henry allowed himself a small smile. Perhaps he'd judged Moore too quickly - at least, he'd figured he was an uneducated traitor. Part of that was true; most of it, maybe, but at least he liked good books. And in Henry's books, that earned anyone a second chance.

"It's good that you enjoyed it. Maybe someday I'll let you read Macbeth." Said Henry with a smirk. Moore would have to be awful nice for that to happen.

The butcher was finishing up. Henry looked to Moore's barrels of bread, saw that the job was coming to a close. "Almost done - here, I'll give you a hand with the barrels, if you'd like."

Tag: Nick

4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    First Mate Maccus

Shipwreck, Atlantic Ocean

The hammerhead whirled around to face the hysterical mortal. He stomped over to the man and back handed him across the chin to silence him. "Quiet or I'll send ye to da depths meself!" he snarled at the man but that did not seem to shut him up. He pulled out his weapon and was ready to silence him when he heard the all too familiar thumping sound of the Captain approaching. Snarling, Maccus grabbed the pirates hat and stuffed it into the man's mouth, at least muffling the hysterical screams for now.

"Ye best be silent, bilgerat. Jones dealing wit ye will be much worse than if it twer me." He brandished his weapon in front of the pirate and Maccus did not know whether it was that which finally shut the man up.

TAG: Jango, IH, Tog

5. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    IC: Davy Jones

"Jooooones!" he yelled. "Why do you now hunt our breathen! Why do you push us to the brink of extinction! You were once a Pirate! Traitor!!!"

Jones appeared right in front of the pirate. "He maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust," Jones said. "That is what the good book says isn't it? Some may say this shows God doesn't choose sides, but neither does the Devil."

Jones paused for a moment, "You act like you know me.....you know nothing. I choose no sides. Death chooses no sides."

"Ah, Death," Jones chuckled. "It scares you doesn't it? There are few men who do not fear death. Are you one of them?"

TAG: I_H, Tog, Mitt

6. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    Davy Jones Arc

IC: Circumstance

The man swallowed hard as the Captain moved closer...

"Ah, Death," Jones chuckled. "It scares you doesn't it? There are few men who do not fear death. Are you one of them?"

He didn't answer the question...

"I h,h, heard..." he stammered, "I heard that you're being.... f,forced into it by th, the British. That they, they are ransoming, y,your sservice."

A few Pirates in the line looked over with confused faces as a large wave smashed into the shipwreck..

TAG: Jango, Mitth, Tog

7. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    IC: Captain Monkey Holloway
    The Inn

Monkey looked around the bar before answering the pirate.

"My ship?"

He hadn't realized that in order for him to be a captain, he had to have something to command. His father had declared him the Captain of the Irvine, but that was before he had sunk the ship. He had just introduced himself as Captain of nothing.

"I sunk my ship and watched it go down, with my dead father in it. A captain always goes down with his ship, Barbossa." He said as he brushed some of the seaweed off of his soaking wet body and spat more of the sea water on the floor, trying to get the taste out of his mouth.

"I come to these parts for one reason. Killing the Devil...Davy Jones." His voice sounding as cold as stone. He had no bad feelings toward Barbossa, but just saying the name of the creature that had taken so much from him, froze the man's heart. He rubbed his stomach as the pains he experienced often came to him once again. A sad feeling his father called it.

"So, I ask you for a favor. Let me sail with you, seeing as I have no ship to do this deed. And as you probably have already thought of one, what service can I do you in return?" He said with as slight twitch came on his face.

Tag: Imp

8. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Bakery

"Yeah sure, thanks Henry."

Robert grabbed a barrel of the bread and lifted it up. It was a good size barrel but he could hold it under his arm so he grabbed a second. He hefted the containers and started towards the door. When he got outside he repositioned the barrels under his arm. Robert coughed and started towards the ship.

As he was walking he realized he had a few coins left. He would need friends on the ship and Henry was a good choice. He was smart and loyal. When Robert passed by the bookstore he decided how to use the coins. He passed the bookstore and made his way up the plank onto the ship. He carried the barrels down some stairs and into the cargo hold. Robert sat down the barrels and emerged from below the deck.

Robert then started back towards the Bakery but when he reached the bookstore he slipped inside quietly. He looked around the rustic old shop at all of the selections. Robert walked up to a shelf and pulled a book off the bookcase. He blew dust off of it and read the binding. David Simple, Sarah Fielding. Robert put the book down and browsed the books for Shakespeare.

He hit the jackpot a few aisles over. He noticed a book called Antony and Cleopatra. He flipped through the pages back and forth. Robert decided on buying it and walked to the man in the front of the store. He gave him a shilling and left with the book. Robert still had a shilling left so he would give that back to the captain.

Then he walked to the bakery and found Henry.

"Hey, I am not trying to buy your friendship or anything, but I thought you could use a new book to read."

Robert handed the book to him and went to grab another barrel.

9. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Henry Page
    The Butcher's[/b]

Henry looked up as Moore returned. He held a small book in his hand, and Henry recognized it as Antony and Cleopatra. Surprised that Moore was the reading type, Henry was even more surprised when Moore gave it to him.

Then it hit him: Moore must've used some of the money Barbossa gave him. Gods above, the fool thought the captain wouldn't mind!

Henry grabbed Moore by the arm, pulling him close. "This isn't your money, Moore. You can't - nevermind. It's done."

Releasing the other man, Henry rummaged in his pockets. He couldn't give some of the money Barbossa handed him, lest there be a discrepancy betwixt Henry's purchases and the money he'd been given.

"Look, take this," he said, pulling out two shillings. "It's mine, but you'll need it to make up for what you spent on the book."

He pressed the coins into Moore's palm, and looked away. "I'm not ungrateful, Moore. But we can't take chances. Barbossa's not, by nature, a kind man." He still ached a little from his duel with Kate last night...

"But thank you. I'll make it up to you, somehow. Here, let's get back to the boat."

Tag: Nick

10. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002

"I h,h, heard..." he stammered, "I heard that you're being.... f,forced into it by th, the British. That they, they are ransoming, y,your sservice."

Jones gave an evil look into the sailors eyes. He spit as he began to speak, "I work for no one and I am the servant of none!"

"Then that is your choice then," a British captain said.

"Get off my ship," Jones replied.

"When I leave this ship, your last chance to surrender will be over. Look around you Jones," the captain pleaded, "two British warships have you surrounded. You may try to run, you may try to fight, but either way you will join your ship in the depths."

"Not even Calypso herself can sink the Pearl," Jones said, with a blast of thunder following. The sky turned dark and a heavy rain began to fall.

The captain sighed, "I hope your not afraid to get wet, Jones."

The captain turned and walked out of the cabin towards his boat. Jones followed. "Captain," he said as the captain turned around. Jones raised his pistol and shot the man in the chest. Immediately the crew killed the other two sailors accompanying the captain.

Cannon barrages raged from the Black Pearl, and the British ships returned fire. The Pearl dropped its sails, catching the wind, and surged ahead of its attackers. The British ships followed. The sea began to take part in the battle, as if it had a mind of its own. Monstrous waves began crashing into the ships, rocking them from side to side. A maelstrom formed directly in the path of the fighting ships.

"Captain, look!" a frightened crew member exclaimed.

Jones stepped in front of him, taking control of the wheel, "Let's see just how desperate these men are." The Black Pearl entered into the midst of the maelstrom, swirling around its edge. The two British ships entered the maelstrom also, on opposite sides. Jones spun the wheel around, causing the Pearl to turn back towards its enemies.

The Pearl met one of the ships, and once again fired its cannons. This time to disastrous effects. The mast of the British ship was completely destroyed, and the ship itself was engulfed by the sea. The Pearl continued around the maelstrom, circling farther and farther into the center, until it found itself behind its foe.

Suddenly, the British ship tipped, overcome by the power of the sea. Jones laughed. "And they thought they could best Davy Jones, the greatest sailor the world has known!" He turned the wheel sharply, cutting the Pearl up out of the maelstrom. But to his horror, the sea was not finished with him. The last thing Davy Jones saw was a gigantic wave crashing down upon him as the Pearl was thrown into the depths of the sea.

Jones wrapped his tentacles around the man's neck and began to squeeze, "You'd best be not talking like you are not afraid of death. Or you'll soon find yourself in the locker."

TAG: I_H, Mitt, Tog

11. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Bakery

Robert silently cursed himself. Then he cursed himself out loud. How could he have forgot about the captain's nature. Robert sighed. Oh well, it is done, he thought. Robert thanked Henry for the money and walked over to get the last two barrels. He picked them up and carried them the same way as before. Using his foot, Robert opened the door and took in one last wafting scent from the Bakery.

Moore emerged from the bakery butcher combo and looked down the street towards the ship. He repositioned the barrels much like he had last time. Then he walked the exact same route towards his passage. He glanced at the bookstore as he past and cursed himself again. When he reached the ship he climbed up and put away the barrels he was carrying. Then he walked to the edge and grabbed a barrel that Henry had and he put that away as well.

"Thanks again, mate."

12. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    OOC: I know I'm not around *that* often, but I'll be going on vacation until the 26th. I may have internet access, but that remains to be seen.

I grant permission for my character to be used if the scene calls for it and I trust Hammer to make sure no one like...god modes my character into dying or anything. :p

When I return, I plan to be around here a lot more often. :)

13. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Henry Page
    The Docks

Having helped Moore with his barrels, and being finished with the meat, Henry stood for a moment and stretched.

"Thanks again, mate."

Henry gave a small smile. "Not a problem. Listen, I'm off to the Inn again - see what we need to do."

Henry trekked back to the inn, and felt the tension in the air. The ships would be here soon, there was no doubt about that. Arriving at the inn, he saw Barbossa was in the midst of a discussion with some water-drenched scoundrel. Henry took up a position two metres away from them, out of the stranger's sight. Just in case he tried any funny business...

Tag: Imp, Nick, Blu

14. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    First Mate Maccus

Maccus watched quietly, as did the rest of the crew, as the Captain began to slowly strangle the survivor with his beard-tentacles. He heard whispers behind him and glanced over his shoulder at Wheelback and Anglar taking bets on whether the survivor would join the crew or choose Davy Jones's Locker. Wheelback was hoping the cowardly pirate would choose the locker rather than serve a hundred years aboard the Dutchman as a half-man, half-fish.

TAG: Jango, Tog, IH

15. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    GM's OOC: Next round will be the jump out of port.... all pirates get on the ship!

[color=red][u]Pirates Arc[/u][/color]

[b]IC: Barbossa[/b]
    [i]Location: Ponte de Leste[/i]

Barbossa motioned for the water-logged captain to follow him out into the main city streets. He was talking about his history and a few other things he didn't catch. His hatred for Davey Jones did come in loud and clear though. Such a blood feud might come in useful when sailing the high seas...

[i] "So, I ask you for a favor. Let me sail with you, seeing as I have no ship to do this deed. And as you probably have already thought of one, what service can I do you in return?" [/i]

Barbossa smiled...

"Oh I'm sure I can find a use for you. Yer welcome to sail on me crew Mister Monkey. We have a Turtle on board as well, did ye know? I'm startin' ta feel like a modern Noah, I am."

The man walked further towards the docks, running into Page and Moore. A few crewmen walked past them and onto the pier, carrying supplies for the trip.

"Ah gents." Barbossa said, folding his hands. "I presume ya finished yer chores?"

[b]TAG: Blu, Nick, Peng[/b]

[hr]

[color=green][u]Davy Jones Arc[/u][/color]

[i]Location: Shipwreck[/i]

[i]"You'd best be not talking like you are not afraid of death. Or you'll soon find yourself in the locker." [/i] Jones said as he squeezed the man's throat...

The man grabbed at the tentacles, trying in vein to get some air...

"I'm sorry..." he gasped as he squirmed...

It would be up to Jones if he would kill this sailor or not...

On the other side of the ship, Clanker approached Maccus...

"Hadras and I busted inta the Captains Quarters of de ship. Ye better come down an take a look."

[b]TAG: Mitth, Jango, Tog[/b]

16. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    First Mate Maccus

"Please tell me that Beckett was stupid enough to put it here," Maccus said as he followed Clanker to the Captain's cabin. "It would make our lives so much happier," his sarcasm was obvious. But it was also true. There lives would be a lot happier once the Captain repossessed his heart and made it disappear from the world again. He would return back to the mood they all had been use to. Solemn, bloodthirsty and sometimes tempermental rather than just bloodthirsty and tempermental all the time.

TAG: Jango, Tog, IH

17. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Henry Page
    Ponte De Leste

"Ah gents." Barbossa said, folding his hands. "I presume ya finished yer chores?"

Henry smiled, and nodded. "Meat's stored away. So's the bread."

Henry glanced back at the ship. It wasn't half bad, to be honest. He'd seen much grander vessels in his short time on the world, but he'd also seen dead hulks that couldn't stand up to a few waves, let alone a cannon.

Turning back to face Barbossa, he asked, "So what's the name of this fine ship?" He hoped Moore wouldn't do anything else foolish.

Tag: IH, Nick, others

18. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Ponte de Leste

Robert walked next to Henry and stayed silent as he spoke. He didn't want to mess up again. The next time could end up with someone dead. Robert hung back slightly as Henry and Barbossa exchanged a few words. He stood up against a light post and listened to them talk. He was debating whether or not to give back the coins immediatly or to wait until asked. One wrong move and he might be questioned.

Tag: IH and Peng, No one really

19. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Tia Dalma
    Onboard ship, her quarters

Tia was hard at work within her quarters. What was going on aboard ship, was not concern of hers...

Yet.

She would speak to Barbossa soon, but right she worked on two important projects. She smiled, as she delt with the first project, and quickly found out what had happened. Her face darkened slightly. That might put a complication into their next actions. The second item, she had obtained, would help with the next half of their journey. So far, that seemed to be working fine.

She gave a soft sigh, as she pushed the hair back from her face, as she looked down into the items she was working on. She sat back for a moment, her hands around the locket around her neck. She listened to the music for a few moments, thinking back a few momemnts, before she shook her head, and looked over at her first task.

"Em's all knows soon. Den, de re-al fun begans. De end of de world be call'in us."

Tia closed her locket, and went back to work.

TAG: Any

20. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Pat and Flint
    Boatwright's

The Boatwright fetched what was, according to him, the last of his material, and proceeded to chat with the men. They idly listened and vaugly answered questions, until his sprung one on them that threw them both off. He asked where they were going. Neither knew, and what was worse, neighther knew when the ship was leaving.

"Bloody Hell..." Pat murmured under his breath.
    "Aye." Flint agreed. They had a knack for knowing what the other was thinking, almost like they shared a brain sometimes. "Thanks fer da sail mate!" Flint said to the boatwright, as he handed him the money for the sails. It wasn't long after that the two were on their way back to the ship.

And it wasn't long after that they were there. Winded but arriving, happy to find the ship hadn't sailed.

"Aye...Captain." Pat spoke between breaths. "We...got...the sail...all the bloke had. What would you...like us to do now?"

Tag: Imp

21. Darth_Fett1138

Darth_Fett1138 Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2005
    OOC: This is Jango10's sock. I was banned because of the CT Trivia Game.

"I'm sorry..."

Jones laughed, "Of course you are." He tightened his grip. The man gasped for air, grabbing Jones' wrist, until...silence. He threw the body overboard, and turned to the other prisoners, "Does anyone not fear death?"

He paced up the row of prisoners, staring deep into the eyes of each, reading their blatant fear. They cringed every time his peg leg tapped the deck. "Or do you want to escape it? One hundred years before the mast, I will allow you to cheat death. One hundred years you would be allowed to live."

TAG: I_H, Mitt, Tog

22. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    OOC: I'm back! Anyone miss me?

IC:

On board the ship

Kate emerged from the galley, having stored away all of the spices and other cooking supplies she had been asked to get. She spotted Henry and Moore over by Barbossa and slowly sauntered over.

"Everything's all shipshape in the galley, Cap'n," she reported.

She put a hand over her eyes and gazed over the ocean. She couldn't wait to be out in its blue waters once more.

TAG: I_H, Peng, whoever else on board...

23. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    GM's OOC: And its time for the jump. Things will go as such. We're leaving the port and heading out to open sea. I'll be giving players around a week, plus or minus 2 days, to post "at sea" posts. Reflections, anything anyone wants to do, etc.

Then I'll launch us into our next scenario...

Players are welcome to include in their next posts: their boarding the ship, thoughts about leaving Ponte de Leste and the like.

[color=red][u]Pirate Arc[/u][/color]

[b]IC: Barbossa[/b]
    [i]Location: Ponte de Leste[/i]

Barbossa scratched his ear, stretching his neck as the people crowded around him. They had finished their chores and, combined with the efforts of the others, everything should have been ready.

"What we be doin' now?" Barbossa asked, "We be sailin'! Board the Black Dagger mates and be hoist anchor!"

Barbossa turned and marched off to the dock, stopping by groups of Pirates and recruiting them along.

"Come on swabs!" he said to another group, "all those who stay behind will be left behind!"

Soon the pirates were streaming on, the deck of the Black Dagger swarming with activity.

"Put yer backs into it, ye mangy mutts!" Barbossa yelled as the men hoisted the anchor. "The Brits be breathin' down our backs. To the seas, to the seas!"

Soon the sails were full and the ship began to move out of the harbor. Its bearing, due East. The ship rolled as they cut through the waves, the sun glinting off the waters. Behind them, the green jungles of Brazil. Ahead of them, the deep blue seas of the Atlantic.

[b]TAG: All[/b]

[hr]
    [color=green][u]Davy Jones Arc[/u][/color]

[i]Location: Atlantic[/i]

As Maccus entered the ruined captains quarters, Hadras was standing near a broken desk...

"Ve found dis." he said, holding a paper in his hand. On it read...
    [i]
    "*10 Days Ago*

As we sailed past Pelotas today, we spied a large contingent of Spanish Ships going due South. We stayed far away from them so as to not attract any undue attention. By the size of their fleet, we could have been easily overtaken. They must be heading around the Horn and into the Pacific, but we can't know that for certain."[/i]

Clanker scratched his chin...

"I suppose we should tell da captan, no?"

Above, on deck, Jones had lined up the crew and was looking for recruits...

Most of the men were silent, unwilling to take up Jones' offer. Only one would take up the offer...

"I'll sail for you," said a man with his hat pulled low. There was something, different, about this man though. His voice... sounded falsetto.

[b]TAG: Jango, Mitth, Tog[/b]

24. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Henry Page
    The Black Dagger

Ah! How brisk the sea air was today. Henry took off his hat, and the wind blew across his face. Words sprang to mind, out of the beauty of the ocean and into his heart.

"Roll on, thou deep waves - roll on, and take us with thee."

Scanning the horizon, all he could think of was the familiar feeling of being on the swaying timber of a boat. It was with knowing steps he walked to the bow - steps trained by years of experience. Nothing could draw his eyes away from the sea - except perhaps the lovely Kate.

Best not to get involved... he thought, but at the same time, he wanted to talk to her, to speak, and to impress her. Damn. The pain was still fresh in his mind, and that may have contributed to this desire to show off. To prove himself.

You're a damned fool, Henry. Don't get involved with a woman like that. It'll only bring trouble...

Tag: IH, Yane

25. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    The Black Dagger

As Kate

Kate noticed Henry standing on the deck and had to smile to herself. She hoped the man wasn't nursing a grudge at her...or planning her imminent demise...Walking up to him, she extended a hand for him to shake.

"I hope there's no hard feelings between us? You've since...recovered, I hope?" she asked politely, but a smirk barely playing behind her smooth facade.

TAG: Peng

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.