main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Pirates of the Caribbean III: At the World's End-- Now Accepting New Players!

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Jul 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Pirates Arc

IC: Barbossa

The Black Dagger was gaining on the French Ship. Very soon they would be upon them. It had been a good long while since he had raided a ship, especially for the Barbossa. It was always exciting though, he loved it in his heart.

The crew took their positions by the cannons as the French ship moved in range of Dagger.

"Hard to starboard and bring the port cannons to bear!" Barbossa barked. "Fire to cripple, not ta sink! We want that treasure in our hulls mates, and not at the bottom a' the Atlantic. Get the grape shot and let er loose on the decks! Scoooourge the ship of 'er crew!"

The helmsmen gave the wheel a hard turn and soon a few of the Dagger's cannons let out with mighty booms. The merchant ship began its turn. Very very soon, their cannons would fire back. He wondered how many would die or be injured. Hopefully not too much. Barbossa was pretty sure the ship could handle it.

TAG: Pirates

[color=green][u]Davy Jones Arc[/u][/color]

[b]IC: Circumstance[/b]
    [i]Location: Off Rio Gallegos[/i]

Night soon fell upon the Argentine Coast and Maccus' plan began...

Bootstrap and the new boy slipped amongst the ships on their rowboat as they went into the city. The two seemed a bit tense between each other, but went off anyway. Last Maccus saw of them they were getting out onto the pier and securing their oars.

The trio Maccus was with spied an anchored Frigate near the edge of the port. That would be a good place for them to start. There seemed to be only two lights on, attached to the what looked like a door into the ship. No crewmen could be seen out on the deck.

[b]TAG: Mitth, Jango, Tog[/b]

2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Tia Dalma
    The Black Dagger, Topside

Tia had moved to an upper area of the ship, where she could get a clear view of things. As she held on to one of the ropes, she heard something. She tilted her head to the side, and then moved over slow to the side of the ship away from the French ship.

A flurry of clicks, barely audible to most, filled her ears. Tia's eyes opened wide, as she listened. Impossible.

She suddenly looked up, and far off the horizion, as if searching for something not visible to most eyes. She then began a flurry of words in a language none on board could understand, her accent thick and heavy, and she swung around the other side of the rope.

At first, she broke into a wild smile. Perhaps events were happening more quickly than she imagined. But then she narrowed her eyes. What was HE up to? What deal, had been made? It was far too easy.

She ripped off something from around her neck, and quickly tossed it into the sea. "Ya knows wah best be done..." she stated, as she leaned over the side. She then stood, eyes searching accross the deck. The Black Dagger was gaining on the French Ship. Very soon they would be upon the vessel.

"Hard to starboard and bring the port cannons to bear!" Barbossa barked. "Fire to cripple, not ta sink! We want that treasure in our hulls mates, and not at the bottom a' the Atlantic. Get the grape shot and let er loose on the decks! Scoooourge the ship of 'er crew!"

The helmsmen gave the wheel a hard turn and soon a few of the Dagger's cannons let out with mighty booms. The merchant ship began its turn. Very very soon, their cannons would fire back. He wondered how many would die or be injured. Hopefully not too much. Barbossa was pretty sure the ship could handle it.

Too soon. She would wait until this bit was over. But then they would make good time, for now the rabbit had been let loose, and it was time for the hunt to begin, before some other dogs found it first.

Tia climbed back to her original spot, and watched, but now her mind was full of other issues, not least of which was one very close to her. Tia leaned close to the deck of the ship, and tossed her crabs claws. She needed to locate Jack. So close. Much more closer than before. Now, she truly gave a dark smile, as she collected her claws and held tight to the mooring ropes.

TAG: Any aboard the Dagger

3. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    OOC: Sorry I haven't been around! I've been whipped up in a Harry Potter frenzy! Tonight or tomorrow I will definitely make a post! (I_H, poke me if I don't!)

4. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Turtle
    The Dagger

The ship made a hard turn and Turtle tried to keep himself upright by grabbing hold of the cannon. When Barbossa gave the order, Turtle fired. He leaned back and tried to plug his ears.

BOOOM!

The vibration rattled his whole body. It certainly got his adreneline pumping. He looked out at the French ship and watched the cannonball punch a hole right through it.

"Yeaaahh!" he yelled. He quickly reloaded and prepared for the next shot.

TAG: Any aboard the Dagger...

5. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
  6. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    OOC: Imperial_Hammer did you get my CS? Please Pm me... Sorry to inturupt

7. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    GM's OOC: I'm in a bit of a rough stretch of RL here, but hopefully I'll have an update here on Thurs. 24 hrs of work in 48 hours. Oy! [face_skull]

Thanks for your patience. :)

And responded Sabith...

-I_H

8. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    The Black Dagger

As Kate

Kate gave Henry a roguish grin. "Now we fight together. What chances do you think they have?"

She swiftly manned a cannon and joined in the barrage that the Black Dagger was unleashing upon the other ship.

TAG: Peng, others.

9. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    Pirate Arc

Locaton: High Seas

The Black Dagger managed to land a couple of good shots, with the ship beginning to slow down. The Dagger swooped in, firing some of its forward cannons. The crew on the deck seemed frazzled and were scurrying around without direction. Either most of them had never experienced a Pirate attack before, or they were drunk off their boots.

"Ready the hooks!" Barbossa yelled, coming down the stairs from the bridge. "And get ready the gangplanks. We be boardin' er target in two shakes. Kill all who resist."

The man loaded his pistol and checked his sword. Many a Frenchman would perish tonight.

TAG: Ktala, Dubya, Yane, Any Others!

10. Darth_Sabith

Oct 17, 2006
    GM Approved
    Pirate Sheet

Name: Wyden Grimson
    Alias: Crim/The crimson blade
    Nationality: German
    Hair Color / Style: Long Jet Black
    Eye Color: Sea Blue
    Skin Color: Snow White
    Clothing: Red and black leather with no shirt but wears black knight gauntlets and boots
    Weapons: Duel Katana's and a double barrel pistol
    Home Town: Frankfort
    Bio / History: An only child to a wealth noble german familly one would think Wyden would have had life made. Unforently when his familly was murdered and he was sold into slavery everything changed. He was amoung the few who had ever sailed with Captain Jack Sparrow but was left behind before Jack the Black Pearl recieved here new Captian. Crim is master swordsman but a losy shot with the pistol. He remains with a noble presence and is loyal to only Jack Sparrow (although he will obey his Captains Orders.) When he was stranded in Porte De Leste he eventually found himself as a new crew member of the Black Dagger.

11. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Turtle, Cotton, Cotton's parrot
    Black Dagger

As Turtle fired another shot at the French ship, the Captain arrived and shouted new orders. They were going to board the enemy ship.

Cotton ran around and readied a gangplank. He ran it over toward the railing. He waited until the Dagger was close enough so he could extend it across.

The parrot flew overhead, squawking. It was also anxious to board the ship.

TAG: Any aboard the Dagger...

12. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    OOC: Sorry for the short post.

IC: Robert Moore
    Black Dagger

Robert had been taking shots with the rifle when Barbossa had called for the cannons. He was no good with one, but he wasn't faring so well with the rifle right now. He had taken ten shots and only hit 4 times. He fired another shot, that hit, and Barbossa called out again, this time to board. He replaced the rifle on the rack and loaded his pistol and checked his sword. Then Dead-eye Bob ran and grabbed a hook. He made sure no one was around and gave it an experimental twirl. When he was satisfyed the hook was durable he waited for the ship to come in range.

Tag: All

13. Darth_Sabith

Oct 17, 2006
    IC:Wyden Grimson: aboard the Black Dagger
    As the cannons fired Wyden readied his blade the cold steel in is hands was a welcomed feeling. This was the first time since he was left behind that he would be able to truely enjoy himself. Cannon blast shot from the rival ship but none of the crew flinched. More shots came but it was to late they would be borded by the Black Daggers Crew. Though Wyden didn't like Barbossa he had to hand it to him he knew how to lead.
    Looking to his right he noticed Tia Dalma with a dark smile on her lips. "Why you so happy Dalma, looking foward to meeting some one?" Then he looked to his left and saw Robert Moore getting readly like Wyden, Robert was a terrible shot but he was still better then Wyden when it came to a pistol. Although Robert would hardly have a chance if they had went at it blade to blade. Yet the two would probley never find out they liked each other...at lest a little.
    Tag: Those aboard the Black Dagger

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Tia Dalma
    The Black Dagger

Tia watched as the pirates went into battle againt the other ship. The Black Dagger swooped in, firing some of its forward cannons. The other crw was ill equipted to handle them, and ran around uselessly.

"Ready the hooks!" Barbossa yelled, coming down the stairs from the bridge. "And get ready the gangplanks. We be boardin' er target in two shakes. Kill all who resist."

Tia narrowed her eyes, but didndt say anything. The ship looked strange to her. As she held on to one of the ropes, another voice chimed in. One of the newer pirates. "Why you so happy Dalma, looking foward to meeting some one?"

Tia didnt respond immediately, but the smile she had faded. She spoke slowly then, as she looked at the other ship. "Wha be think-ins dat I hav someone on dat ship?" she stated plainly. She looked at him. "Best be look'en for ya owns worries." Tia then turned to stare at the ship again. Something did not feel right.

TAG"Folks on ship

15. Darth_Sabith

Oct 17, 2006
    Crim- Black Dagger

Tia Dalma spoke true "Best be look'en for ya owns worries" the fact she wouldn't answer him was no real suprise. He doubt she would even give the captain an answer to that question. Yet the smile no longer lingered on her face. "Very well Dalma I hope you get what ever your looking for on that ship regardless if it's a person or other wise. A smile like the one you had doesn't happen that often." Sword in hand Crim waited only for the moment to cross over. The sounds of the cannon's still rang in the air as did the smell of gun poweder and salt water. This is what a pirate was about. "I do say it's a great day to die Dalma...as in for them."
    Soon the planks would be set and the clashes of steel against steel would be heard. The waiting was almost to much for Crim. His blade seem to almost burn as the sun's rays caught hold of it. The swords blade was covered in stained blood for Crim only kept the edges clean but made sure the blades quality never diminished.
    Tag: Any on board

16. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    Sergio Marciano
    Aboard the Black Dagger

Sergio awakened to the sound of cannonfire. He knew now without a doubt that he was aboard a pirate ship, which could mean trouble for him. Could be a good thing, too - while it wasn't uncommon for pirates to react harshly to stowaways, he could get lucky if they were in need of a hand.

Another round of cannonfire - this one from the opposing ship - and the wall next to Sergio shattered as a cannonball flew past him, into the wall on the other side of the room. Sergio cursed under his breath. His hiding place was more or less ruined. He supposed it would, perhaps, be good to move around the ship, and now would be the perfect time, with everyone else occupied with the battle between two ships. It might even be possible for Sergio to get a breath of fresh air, and check out how things were going above deck.

Sergio stepped out of the room. There were plenty of people around, mainly working the cannons, but Sergio doubted anyone would notice them. They all had bigger concerns, and even if they noticed his presence, there was only a marginal chance that they would identify him as a stranger.

Tag: ANYONE. Sergio's just waiting to be noticed.

17. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    First Mate Maccus

Rio Gallegos, Argentina

Thumbing his two axes, Maccus motioned to the three others and all four disappeared into the woodwork of the Flying Dutchman with a wet plop. They soon reemerged from the walls of the frigate where the shadows were the darkest lest someone should be up on deck at this ungodly hour. Gesturing for silence, Maccus peeked around the corner to see if it was clear. They needed to get to the grand cabin where the captain would be quartered and to the operation theater where the maps and journals would be found.

Seeing that it was clear, Maccus led the way literally through the sterncastles door and emerged on the otherside into a short corridor. Down at the end would be the captain's cabin and adjacent to it would be the operation theater. He motioned for Hadras to take Koleniko to the theater while he and Clanker headed for the captain's cabin.

TAG: IH

Jango, you can have Bootstrap if you want.

18. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    GM's OOC: I am returned from Hogwarts! Expect a full resuming of operations in the next few days... :)

[image=http://www.injenn.net/~tania/ravenclaw.jpg]

-I_H

19. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Henry Page
    The Black Dagger

Kate gave Henry a roguish grin. "Now we fight together. What chances do you think they have?"

Henry grinned back, checking his pistol and sword. "None, that's what." With a playful shine in his eyes, he blew her a kiss, then dashed off to help the boarding action. Hooks and gangplanks - that he could do - but killing wasn't exactly something he was keen on.

He'd done it before, and never enjoyed it. The duel was the fun part; after that, he'd demand a surrender or knock them out, or humiliate them in some way...killing was a last resort.

Grabbing hold of a hook, he caught sight of another pirate standing around idly. "Give me a hand here, will you?" he said, motioning to a plank. Wait until the boat was nice and shot up, then swing across and let the other man slid the long plank over.

Tag: Hammurabi, Yane

20. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    Davy Jones Arc

IC: Circumstance

As Maccus and Clanker approached the Captain Door, they saw a light streaming through the doorway. There was the sound of papers shuffling and bottles clanking past the doorway, a few murmuring voices as well.

Meanwhile, Hadras and Koleniko had arrived at the operations theater and began rummaging through the maps. There was no sign of people there... yet.

TAG: Jango, Mitth, other crew

[color=red][u]Pirates Arc[/u][/color]

[b]IC: The Battle[/b]
    [i]Location: High Seas, Atlantic[/i]

The Black Dagger finally pulled up to the French ship and all heck broke loose. A group of Barbossa's pirates swung over the gap between ships and landed on the French ships, swordfights ensuing.

Near [b]Cotton,[/b] a pair of Frenchmen landed on the deck of the Black Dagger. One took aim at Tia Dalma with his pistol, while the other drew blades against Cotton.

Near [b]Tia,[/b] a solitary Frenchman landed on deck, and, spying the woman, drew a Sword, lust in his eyes.

Near [b]Marcino,[/b] who was trying to swing over the side, a tall Frenchmen was flying straight ahead at him.

Meanwhile, on the French ship, now showing the title of [i]"Le Magnifique"[/i], [b]Grimson[/b] was facing down a particularly swarthy French sailor wielding an ax and slashing wildly.

[b]Moore[/b] was being kept busy with two quick footed French swordsmen, trying to overtake him.

And [b]Page[/b] has just landed next to a Frenchman manning one of the deck cannons. He seemed a bit stunned to see Page so close...

[b]TAG: ALL![/b]

[hr]

[b][color=green]GM's OOC:[/color][/b] Feel free to have fun with the NPCs alotted to you. You can tag me for their reactions to your moves, or you can work a scenario with them to your own liking. :)

-I_H

21. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    IC: Robert Moore
    The Black Dagger

Dead-eye Bob pulled his sword from it?s scabbard and parried a block from one of the men. He used the moment to swing around and strike the other. He vertically blocked a blow from the same Frenchman and from bottom to top diagonally slashed at the other. After a few more blows, Moore was pushed to the edge of boat. Both men engaged him and he leaned away, nearly falling off.

Robert rolled around and struck at both Frenchman and then pushed the one on his left away. He circled the other and with a wide swipe moved his blade out of position. Moore kicked him in the stomach, aiming to knock him of the boat. He turned to his other adversary and struck downward hard. He used his superior fencing skills to move him away from his fellow Frenchy and to the other side of the boat.

Gripping his sword handle with two hands, Robert countered a twirling strike to his head by pushing forward and up in an attempt to knock away his sword.

Tag: I_H

22. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Alright! Now for some swashbuckling fun! [face_dancing]

IC: Turtle, Cotton, Cotton's parrot
    Black Dagger

Out of nowhere, two Frenchmen landed on the deck near Cotton. He quickly dropped the plank down, making a walkway between ships. He watched the far man pull out a gun and take aim at Tia Dalma. The other pulled out swords and began swinging.

Cotton didn't even think twice. He immediately leaped toward the gun-wielding Frenchman and tackled him. The pistol fired upward and put a small hole in one of the sails. Cotton tried to pin the man's arm down.

Meanwhile, the parrot swooped down and dug it's claws into the Frenchman's wrist. He swore in a language Cotton couldn't understand and released his grip on the pistol.

Behind him, the sword-wielding Frenchman approached. Cotton turned to see him but couldn't react in time.

Then there was a gunshot.

The sword-wielding Frenchman fell forward and Cotton could see Turtle behind him with a rifle.

Turtle said, "Watch yer back, old man."

Cotton nodded a `thank you` and turned back to take punches at the Frenchman he had pinned down.

TAG: Anyone...no one...GM...whoever...

23. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Henry Page
    The French Ship

Up and over the waves went Henry, swinging across with the hook. He'd managed to get it caught in their rigging, and with any luck it'd hold until he got across. As the waves became planking, Henry released his hold, dropping to the deck - right next to a startled Frenchman. They jumped at the same time, mostly out of surprise than genuine fear, then they were at each other.

Henry barely repelled the first attack, and took note of how quick the man was with his blade. Reaching for his own, Henry ducked, narrowly avoiding losing his head.

"Merde!" swore the Frenchman. Henry came up blade in hand, a smile of relief on his face. The pair crossed swords once, twice, three times, and the Frenchman went for the lunge. Henry ducked out of the way, swung his blade back, only to have it meet a parrying dagger in his opponent's other hand.

The smaller blade locked with Henry's, and the Frenchman twisted it away, flinging the sword into the main mast. It struck and stuck in, quivering ten feet above the deck.

"Damn!" swore Henry, rolling to avoid another slash. Out of the corner of his eye, Henry noticed the cannon's fuse nearing it's end. He slipped back to the cannon, aiming it up and over the Dagger. The Frenchman lunged, and Henry jumped back to avoid losing a hand, allowing the other to aim the cannon back down at the Dagger. Henry kicked the man hard in the side, was about to right the aim when the sword swung across the top of the cannon - he leapt back, and the Frenchman grinned at him in triumph.

Henry grinned back, looking at the fuse - it was gone. His opponent had managed to cut it off in his attack. Henry laughed, and the Frenchman, enraged, met his eyes. Henry's smile faded to worry, and he decided that getting his sword would be the best thing to do.

Henry ran through the teeming deck, the Frenchman hot on his trail.

Tag: IH, any others

24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Tia Dalma
    Deck of the Black Dagger, High Seas, Atlantic

The Black Dagger finally pulled up to the French ship and the battle broke wide. A group of Barbossa's pirates swung over the gap between ships and landed on the French ships, swordfights ensuing, even as others from the French ship swung onboard the Dagger.

Near Tia, a solitary Frenchman landed on deck, and, spying the woman, drew a Sword, lust in his eyes. Tia spied the man staring at her, and gave a wicked grin in return. Suddenly, as shot rang out, and the air above her head gave a whistle, as the sound of a shot passing by. She noted that Cotton and the parrot were busy on their own battles, so she turned her attentions back towards the Frenchman near her. She narrowed her eyes, as she sidestepped, her hands moving on the ropes she had been holding on too. This trip had been rather uneventful so far, and from the look in his eyes, she was almost willing to take him up on his offer. But she had other business far more pressing, no mater how tempting the offer. She swung herself to the other side of the rope, as she spoke in French. [See something you like? Too bad for you!]

Tia cackled darkly, as the ship suddenly surged upwards, and the sails to the ropes she had been holding came down with a crash upon her unwanted suitor. As the waves crashed around her feet, several crab skittered accross her feet. Tia began to chant silently, both towards her first attacker, and towards the man who had shot in her general direction. She could use a few new specimens. "Em's teach em de wrong ones to be messin' wif." she muttered darkly.

One crab scuttled off towards the pistol waving man Cotton was fighting with, pincers ready for action. Tia swung herself to the other side of the ropes, as she continued her chanting, as she held back the laugh she felt.

TAG: Imperial_Hammer, Cotton, if ya notice, anyone else

25. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    Pirates Arc

Barbossa grinned wildly as his sword clashed with another Frenchmen's. Barbossa withdrew his sword, dodged the Frenchmen's swipe, and landed the fatal blow to the man. As the sailor crumpled, Barbossa kicked his aside as he hacked and slashed his way up the stairs to the bridge. The ensign must go, and then he would hunt for the captain, if he was cowardly enough to hide below deck.

A shot whizzed past Barbossa's ear, and he turned his head to see a sailor on the other side, his pistol letting out smoke. Barbossa quickly fired back, missing, and then fired again. The shot landed in the man's shoulder, spinning around and making him an easy target for another of Barbossa's men. Soon the gunman was no more

TAG: No One

[b]IC: Two Frenchmen[/b]

Moore's kick landed true against his first opponent, the kick throwing him off balance and off the ship. He tried to grab the rope, but couldn't and landed... hard... in the water.

The second swordsman was quick on his feet, dodging Moore's more heavy handed blows. The man's sword didn't even clash with most of them. Instead he threw a few rapid fire slashes under the blade and aimed at Moore's chest.

[b]TAG: Nick[/b]

[hr]
    [b]IC: Pinned Frenchman and Cannoneer[/b]

As Cotton punched the man on the deck, a powerful whoosh could be heard swooping past them, as well as the splintering and cracking of wood. Should the two man try to trace the shot back, they would see another Frenchman on the opposing ship's bridge. He was busy loading another shot into the deck cannon he was positioned at.

[b]TAG: Dubya[/b]

[hr]
    [b]IC: Chasing Frenchman[/b]

Page moved through the chaos of the deck, bullet shots whizzing past him. It seemed as though every man was fighting with another.

[i]"Come back 'er![/i] the man said in French, laughing a bit at the fleeing Pirate. [i]It won't hurt a bit![/i]

Page spotted his Sword roughly about the same time his pursuer spotted the pistol on one of the corpses of his fellow sailors.

[b]TAG: Peng[/b]

[hr]
    [b]IC: Tia's Attackers[/b]

The Lusty Frenchman was knocked off his feet by the riggings that Tia had dropped on him, falling totally out of consciousness. As to the man who was fighting with Cotton, he didn't even notice the ominous crab crawling towards him.

As for Tia, she seemed to escape the notice of the Frenchmen, especially as more of their fellows were dying on board the Le Magnifique.

[b]TAG: Ktala[/b]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.