main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Pirates of the Caribbean III: At the World's End-- Now Accepting New Players!

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Jul 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Deck of Le Magnifique

As Kate

"And good riddance to you!"

Kate gave a final kick to a Frenchman she was fighting and watched as he tumbled over the railing and fell into the frothing ocean. Turning around, she saw Henry running pell mell towards her, followed by a Frenchman in hot pursuit.

"My dear Mr. Page! You aren't running away, are you?"

Kate dashed towards the feuding pair and ran in between the two, delivering a swift knock to the Frenchman's head with her sword.

TAG: Peng

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Henry Page
    French Ship

Henry's mind was on a course of it's own as he ran for his sword. Run run run, wave to Kate- "Cheers! -there's the sword, grab it - good - stuck fast, pull harder man, pull harder! The sword came free and Henry stumbled backwards. He turned with a devilish grin on his face, ready for the Frenchman.

The grin faded as he saw the Frenchman crawling on the ground, clutching his head. Kate must've hit him with something. The Frenchman brought up his claimed pistol, leveling it with Kate's head. How a man could see so clearly after being bashed in the head was anyone's guess.

"Kate! Down!" he called, drawing his own pistol and firing a shot. The Frenchman's shot went off, just past Kate's head, and Henry's own bullet connected with the other pistol. It was sent skidding off the deck into the ocean.

"Are you all right?" he asked Kate.

Tag: Yane

3. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Sorry. Had a big hockey tournament this past weekend (we took 3rd place) and it took up most of my time. So, yeah. Back to the Boards...

IC: Cotton
    The Dagger

A cannonball whizzed by overhead and there was a loud sound as the wood of the ship splintered. Both Cotton and the Frenchman looked over at the damage, then back the other way to see a Frenchman on the other ship loading another shot.

One of the crabs pinched the Frenchman and he yelped in pain. Cotton watched the man on the other ship fire the cannon. He quickly rolled over on his back, pulling the pinned Frenchman up with him. Cotton pushed the man upward in the direct line of the approaching cannonball...

TAG: anyone...

4. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Deck of Le Magnifique

As Kate

Kate laughed. "I do have the worst luck with pistols, don't I?"

She turned to the Frenchman, still annoyingly alive, and ran him through with her sword. The Frenchman doubled over and she kicked him into the deck of the ship. Kate turned to Henry and smiled.

"I'd love to stay and chat, but it's been years since I've studied French." She winked. "Well, shall we? It'll be quite lovely to see how we work together, since I already well know we're quite fantastic when at each other's throats."

5. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    IC: Robert Moore
    the Black Dagger

Robert leaped back to avoid the strike, but caught his foot in a bit of rope and fell to the ground. He rolled over to find the Frenchman rearing back. He rolled again and the man struck the ships deck and stuck fast . Robert picked himself up as the man tried to pull the sword out. When the Frenchman finally had his sword out and ready, Robert had tackled him.

Swords out, the two men grappled and Robert worked to grab his opponent?s weapon. Robert twirled his sword so it was facing down and punched the man in the face. His hand came back for another blow and the pinned Frenchmen kicked Robert off of him. Moore crawled to his hands and knees and took a breath. Robert glanced up to find the man running towards him, missing his sword. The glint of metal shone from where they had lay and Robert smiled.

As the Frenchman came closer, Robert gripped his weapon and brought it up higher. The Frenchman was almost on Robert, when he showed his skillful footwork. The young pirate feinted left and the Frenchman followed. Robert, however, spun right and his sword flashed. Robert stood behind the man with his sword at his side. The angry French crewman turned to meet him. Robert was smiling at the man?s chest.

The confused Frenchman brought his hand to his stomach and felt around. He brought his hands before his eyes, expecting blood. His hand came back clean and he noticed Robert moving. His eyes met the pirates, filled with agony. Robert?s sword was in the man?s gut. He whispered into his ear.

?They didn?t teach you that in France did they, you worthless bast-??

A huge blast drowned out, Moore?s words. The young man ran over and grabbed the fallen man?s sword and turned around, ready for more.

Tag: I_H

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Tia Dalma
    Top Deck

Tia rather enjoyed the sight, as the Lusty Frenchman was knocked off his feet by the riggings that Tia had dropped on him, falling totally out of consciousness. She passed close to him, kicking his sword away. As she did, she continued her chant while sprinkling something on him. His body shimmered slightly, and then began to change.

Tia saw the second crab doing battle with the man Cotton was dealing with, and only smirked. He had been bitten. He would feel his mistakes later as well.

No more beings seemed to be trying to attack her at the moment, so Tia moved, making herself less of an target. As she did, she kicked at the 'frenchmen', rolling his unconscious form down towards the entry to the lower steps. She stepped down into the bowls of the ship, and took a whiff of air. Something was diffrent. There was a change down below. With a dark smile, she quickly scooped up her 'prize', and then moved towards her cabin. She reached into her pouch, and pulled out a small object, as she cautiously crept around. A small hole could be seen from where she stood, and she could see the other ship as well outside. She began to scout around.

"'ehere de be odda thins dan rats down below still here?" she called out softly. Her sharp eyes were looking for what she had noticed eariler.

TAG: Imp, anyone else

7. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Henry Page
    Le Magnifique

Henry smiled, a woman after his own heart. Wonderful. He returned the wink, brought up his sword, holding it towards the enemy. Inspiration struck him.

"Well, then - shall we dance?"

Tag: Yane

8. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    First Mate Maccus

Aboard Frigate

Maccus bared his shark-fanged teeth at the sounds of men talking and drinking on the other side of the captain's cabin door. He motioned for Clanker to wait while he went into the operations theater to speak to Koleniko and Hadras. "Grab whatever maps or journals you can and head back to the ship," he whispers. The two cursed sailors quickly grabbed what maps and journals there were before disappearing into the nearest wall with them.

Clanker waited patiently for Maccus to return and when he did, gave the shark a questioning look as to what they were going to do. "They've been drinking, who will believe them if they saw us?" the First Mate whispered and pulled out his boarding axes. Clanker had his chainshot ready and both souls waited on either side of the captain's door. It was reasonable enough to assume that they had been drinking based on the sounds of clinking bottles. And if they had not drank enough, both Maccus and Clanker could make them certainly smell drunk by just pouring more rum over them.

Nodding at Clanker, both he and Maccus turned to the wall and stepped right through it and into the captain's cabin, weapons held ready to deal with any brave men inside. The fact that they just walked through a wall and look like sea monsters should be enough to make them cower in fear. They were also ready to silence anyone who screamed, though as bloodlessly as possible.

TAG: IH

Is Jango10 still around? Cause if not, I'll take over Davy Jones. :)

9. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    GM's OOC: Post coming up in the middle of this week (like Tues, Wednes?)

Work gobbling my time up on Sunday and Monday sadly... :(

Thanks for the patience... :)

-I_H

10. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    OOC: Yeah, I'm still here, just got back from vacation.

11. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Deck of Le Magnifique

As Kate

"Dance? Why, never did I think in my girlish youth that dancing would ever come of use! If ever I find myself in England again, I shall have to pay my respects to Mrs. Pinkerton."

Kate brandished her sword at the enemy, nodding her head towards his direction. "Well, I do believe the male leads?"

12. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    Pirates Arc

IC: Barbossa

Barbossa slid his Sword out of the body of the captain of the Le Magnifique. The man was dead, and the ship was now his. He had put up a good fight, but not nearly good enough. Then again, this was to be expected. Barbossa looked around the man's quarters, looking at the various trinkets. A few gold things shone at him, the captain's personal possessions.

Barbossa picked up the fallen man's hat and looked it over. Bah, worthless. It was a plain cloth hat, very french. Barbossa didn't care much for the triangular style and frills. He tossed the cap to the ground as he moved to the man's desk, picking up one of his ledgers.

He paged through the books. Hmmm. Left from Marseilles, en route to India. Heavy laiden with cargo. Ah, but what indeed! Hopefully something they could sell well on the African coast. His paging soon found an answer. Furniture. A few hundred kilos of it. As well as some wines! All things colonial governors and fancy patrons would pay good money for. Hopefully the French wines were of a superior quality.

Only one thing left to do it seemed...

Barbossa reached down and grabbed the hair of the captain, grunting slightly as he dragged the mans corpse out and into the hallway. He met no resistance, and was soon outside. His men were busy dispatching the last of the Frenchman.

Barbossa moved to the bridge, not really being noticed, and lifted the body up onto the railing. He sliced one of the cannoneers on the deck unceremoniously. He didn't need that one firing into his ship. Barbossa then gave a yell and shot his pistol into the air. He followed by throwing the body off into the main part of the deck with a loud thud.

"GIVE it up lads!!!" Barbossa shouted, his voice carrying a strangely powerful projection. "Yer captain is DEAD, and that fate waits fer ye too unless ye drop YER weapons!"

A few of the still living Frenchmen nearby looked down to see their captain's dead corpse, and then looked at the many Pirates. They started putting their hands in the air.

TAG: All

[b]IC: French Sailors[/b]
    [i]Location: On the Magnifique[/i]

As the dancing couple of doom approached a group of two sailors, they backed off, swords in a defensive position. Another got too close and was promptly cut down.

"Surrender! Surrender!" the men said in broken English, putting their hands in the air and praying they wouldn't get sliced to bits.

[b]TAG: Peng and Yane[/b]

[hr]
    [b]IC: Pinned Frenchman[/b]
    [i]Location: Black Dagger[/i]

Cotton's move was very swift and very deadly. The cannonball hit the body with such force that it tore him out of Cotton's hands. No doubt instantly killing him. Cotton could see Barbossa cutting down the cannoneer on the other side of the ship, and then proceed to cause some sort of a stir on the other ship.

The man's concentration was disrupted as an ax-weilding Frenchman bursted on the scene and started hacking away furiously at Cotton. His wild swipes hit empty air, as he seemed almost deranged in a blood lust. But the misses were slowly coming closer and closer to their targets

[b]TAG: Dubya[/b]

[hr]
    [b]IC: Frenchman in a Coat[/b]
    [i]Location: Le Magnifique[/i]

As Robert Moore spun around to face more Frenchman, he caught glance of a coated Frenchman, perhaps decorated as the first mate? He had managed to stay alive so far, so he must have had some skill. Around him, a few Pirate bodies were crumpled up. Before he engaged Moore, Moore could see his attention was drawn to Barbossa and the body of his slain captain. The man's feelings were clear on his face. A saddness and grief at the realization of the lost battle.

The man kept his sword up, but did not attack. He left it in defensive and waited to be confronted by a pirate not intent on killing him.

[b]TAG: Nick[/b]

[hr]
    [b]IC: Sneaky Frenchman[/b]
    [i]Location: Below Decks[/i]

The only thing that greeted Tia's question was the bang of a pistol sh

13. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    OOC: Dancing couple of doom, eh? :p Nice one. ;)

Post coming soon. :)

14. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Le Magnifique

Robert stared at the man. The man knew that he wouldn?t kill him. He wasn?t attacking and Robert was mostly a good man. With a few slips of judgment. But he had never killed a man in cold blood. Never when the man didn?t attack. He called out.

?Did you hear that? Your captain is dead, you have lost. Give up the fight.?

The man in the coat said nothing but kept his sword in the air. He didn?t waver and the sadness in his eyes didn?t leave. Robert knew that he wouldn?t do it, but he called out again nonetheless.

?Come on, I don?t want to kill you. Put your sword down.?

Robert took a step forward. His sword was raised. He wouldn?t use it. He needed the man to surrender. Robert might lose his composure and be revealed as the coward he was. He really wanted to avoid killing without cause. He didn?t want to do it.

Robert sheathed his sword and the man relaxed. His sword didn?t drop. Robert sighed. He turned away for a second. In a flash of movement, Robert had his gun pointed at the man?s head.

?Drop the sword. I don?t want to do this, but I will if I have to. I can?t let you hurt anymore of our crew.?

The man did nothing and Robert yelled at him.

?Drop the damn sword!?

Tag: I_H

15. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Henry Page
    The French Ship

Just as he and Kate began to get to the matter at hand, it settled itself. The French crew were surrendering, dropping their armaments on the deck, shouting their intent. Henry's arm fell, disappointed. He enjoyed the swordplay portion of his profession; this was the last thing he wanted.

"Damn it all, you bilge rats! Just when it was about to get interesting, you throw down your blades!" Henry yelled at the crew.

He sheathed his sword, angry that he hadn't met a master swordsman amongst the enemy ship. Wasn't France known for their romantic, sword-swinging heroes? Wasn't anyone going to challenge him? Where was their self-respect?

"The least you could've done is give us a proper fight!"

Tag: Yane, Imp, Pirates

16. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Cotton, Turtle
    The Dagger

The force of the cannonball pulled the Frenchman right out of his hands!

Cotton noticed Barbossa causing some kind of stir on the French ship, but his view was soon blocked by some crazed Frenchman with an ax.

Cotton stumbled trying to get to his feet. His right foot slid on the wet deck causing him to fall over sideways.

"Haven't ye heard," Turtles voice came from behind Cotton, "yer Captain's dead. You've lost." Turtle fired the rifle at the ax-wielding man. The Frenchman staggered, but kept his grip on the ax. Cotton kicked upward and caught the man in the abdomen. The Frenchman doubled over. Then Turtle fired the fatal shot.

Turtle gave Cotton a hand, and lifted him up to his feet. They shook hands and Cotton nodded a thanks to the Scotsman.

TAG: anyone...

17. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Deck of Le Magnifique

As Kate

Kate laid a hand on Henry's shoulder.

"Calm down, Henry. There's nothing you can do in the face of such cowardice. Running them through would simply not be satisfying enough, needless to mention how dishonorable it is..." she said quietly. "Come, let's tie them to the masts."

Kate waved her sword threateningly at the Frenchman in front of her and grabbed some rope from the deck and secured the Frenchman's feet, hands, and then tied him to one of the masts.

18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Tia Dalma
    Below Deck

The only thing that greeted Tia's question was the bang of a pistol shot and the whiz of a bullet zooming past the woman's ear. Below decks was riddled with patches of shadow and light, the smoking cannons abandoned as their men had rushed up to join the frey.

Tia muttered as she wandered below deck, checking for damage. After all, she had a few precious items stored here as well, and she didnt need some blasted fools putting holes into things.

"Dis dang fools not be 'daking ca-re of 'thin's, gonna be ah calling down ah rath...." Tia contintued to mutter, as she walked about. Her bag shook violently. Tia smacked at it, as she gave a wicked grin. "No use cam'paining bout it now. You best be'have..." The bag quickly calmed down. Tia muttered something in a strange language, as she continued to check the rest of the lower decks. Once she was satisfied that the ship wasnt going to sink, or nothing of worth had been damaged, she headed back for her room.

It was time to obtain more information. Time was getting short.

TAG: I_H, any others..

19. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    GM's OOC: Post upcoming here when the Race of Champions in Podracer clears up. I'm shooting for tomorrow night, but more likely Tues or Wednesday night. Definitely by midweek sometime. :)

When Podracer closes (which will be very soon), I will probably have much more time for this game. Consider it a reward for sticking around. ;)

-I_H

20. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: No problem, I_H. Believe me, I know how it is GMing two games. ;)

21. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    Pirates Arc

IC: Coated Frenchman

The Frenchmen dropped the Sword, shaken at the crazy Pirate screaming at him in English.

"G... Give up!" he said shakily.

TAG: Nick

[b]IC: French Sailors[/b]

The French didn't respond as Page chided them in the language they didn't really understand. However, much clearer was Kate's sword and her tying them up to the mast. Soon they were tightly secured and rendered quite harmless.

[b]TAG: Peng and Yane[/b]

[hr]
    [b]IC: Circumstance / Barbossa[/b]

Soon most of the Frenchmen were neutralized, with their hands bound and weapons compensated. Barbossa had them lined up, sitting cross-legged on the deck of the Le Magnifique. He walked up and down the rows of men, five rows of four in all, a translating Pirate walking behind him. Around the captured crew stood the various Pirates, some resting, others patching holes or doing other chores.

"Ye all have been captured..." Barbossa talked, "because ye simply were not up for it. Ye 'ere bested by Pirates, and now 're subject ta our whims. Most o' ye'll be tossed inta the brig. Some'll be lucky enough ta join my crew."

Barbossa smiled...

"... And some of ya will not survive the voyage."

He looked around, turned, and walked down another row.

"Be advised ye'll be nutin' more than cargo in me mind. So I'd hope yer ship was carryin' a nice bit o' food in addition to the cargo."

Barbossa theatrically put his hand on his chin...

"I wonder how the slave market is in the Ivory Coast? I'm sure French Slaves would be quite the rare treat for local leaders. A delightful twist says I!"

He had returned to the top of the next row.

"And now, to escort you to our spacious brig, just over the gangplank and into the Black Dagger's spacious bowels. Messrs Cotton, Turtle, and Page, will be escorting you in."

He turned to look at them...

"Be sure to take a rifle fer the each of yah to keep our Frenchy friends in line."

He turned his eyes to other Pirates

"And then, if I could have Ms. Kate, Mr. Moore, and Mr. Cotton take a peek below decks and inspect our booty please. Just through these doors and down the side stairs will get ye access."

Barbossa smiled the grin of a happy Pirate...

"I'll be in the Captain's quarters if ye be needin' me."

He turned and entered the doors of the Le Magnifique...

[b]TAG: ALL[/b]

22. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    OOC: I'm waiting on Mitth and the rest to return to the Dutchman before I post.

23. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Le Magnifique

Robert sighed in relief.

?Damn right you give up.?

Moore walked to the man and grabbed the sword. He planted into the deck while holding his gun aloft. The man kept his hands up and Moore then lead him to the mast. He tied the man up next to the rest of the crew and then looked at the man. He swiftly brought his knee up and kicked the man in the face.

?That?s for making me try.?

Robert let the hammer of his gun down and stowed it away. Robert pulled out his sword and used it as a staff. He stood leaning on it next to Page and a woman named Kate.

Tag: Peng and Yane

24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Tia Dalma
    Her Quarters, Aboard the Black Dagger

Tia muttered to herself, as she made her way back to her cabin. She was glad all the noisy foolishness was done.

She gave a dark smile, as she shook the bag with her newly equired 'gift'. On a ship such as this, she could have a use for it afterall. She closed the door, and something skittered across. She bent down, and gently picked it up, smiling. "We's bes be-gittin busy. Lot's needing to be-ah done, for we reach next place we go. Time's falling short."

Tia took the bag, and slug it into a cage. She locked it, and then spoke. "Be good, an'ah just might feed'ya today." The bag shuddered, but then grew still.

Tia turned away, continuing to pet the smaller creature she had picked up, and then walked into the other half of her cabin. She smiled as she looked down. "Yes. Much ta do." Tia put down the small creature, and began to chant softly as she walked over to a table, and pull out a map. She began to study it, her fingers gently tracing a path accross the map, as she continued to chant softly. Her finger stopped at the edge of a rather large continent. With a smile, she stopped chanting, and softly began to laugh.

It was many hours later, when Tia re-emereged back to the stop of the ship. She walked to the port side of the ship, and looked out over the sea.

It was time to bring the other wandering sailor home.

TAG: Anyone who wants to chat, Imp.

25. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Henry Page
    The Black Dagger

Of course they couldn't understand him, they were French, and he was cursing wildly in English. Oddly enough, that didn't give Barbossa any second thoughts, and he delved right into a thought-out speech, intimidating the prisoners.

But they're French, thought Henry, they won't make hide nor hair of what he's saying.

He looked on in disdain as Moore kicked a prisoner. No tact, no flair, just the kick. It annoyed him that his once-romanticized path of life had fallen this low. What he'd give for the days of honour - with loopholes - on the high seas.

Fetching a rifle, he began to lead prisoners across to the Dagger one by one.

Tag: All

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.