1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive Pirates of the Caribbean III: At the World's End-- Now Accepting New Players!

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer, Jul 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 27, 2007
    star 5
    IC: Robert Moore
    Le Magnifique, Lower Decks


    Robert stared at the chest. He turned it around and around. He was quite intrigued by the chest and spoke in an excited voice.

    ?Well, I saw nothing over by where I found it, so I figured I should ask you. Did you see a key that would fit in here??

    Tag: Yane
  2. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    IC: Barbossa
    Location: Le Magnifique/Black Dagger, The Atlantic

    Barbossa took a sip from one of the French Captain's fine glasses. The rum was top stock, his reserves certainly. He looked over the ship's maps, taking special interest in its African section. Barbossa's personal maps were largely of the Caribbean and Mediterranean. These would be very useful. The man circled a few ports that might be interesting to stop by.

    It wouldn't matter for the next port though, he had knew where it was before he left. Accra.

    There was a knock from the door to the quarters...

    Barbossa rolled his eyes...

    "Yes?" he asked.

    One of the nameless Pirates that he sailed with opened the door...

    "Sir?" he said. "We have a situation on deck."

    Barbossa stood and downed the rest of his rum. He grabbed his rapier and pistol.

    "If those French 'ave already starterd un revolt, all of em, *plus* teh crew overseein' em will be goin' overboard."

    "Ah no sir!" the pirate said as the two walked out on deck and moved towards to gangplank to the Dagger. Barbossa could see a group of pirates dawdling around a trio of Frenchmen near the deck. "One of the prisoners has a busted leg or something. They wanted to ask you what you wanted to do about it."

    Barbossa moved up to the group. He looked down at the Frenchmen, then over to Turtle, Page, and Tia...

    "Afternoon gents." he said with his trademark slinky smile. "I 'ear you've been 'avin' a bitta trouble with one a our fine Frenchies."

    He looked down to the man on the floor, his ankle in a sickly position. Ehhmm, yeah, that didn't look very good.

    "We treat if we can. If no an knows whatta do with it, 'e'll get a shot to the head and a dunk in da sea."

    He looked to Page, Turtle, and Dalma.

    "Any of you know what ta do with it?"

    TAG: Dubya, Ktala, Peng


    IC: The Cargo Hold of Le Magnifique
    Location: The Atlantic

    There was no key to be found in plain sight. There was, however, some tools hanging off the walls by the stairs in the front of the hold. And, of course, there was always some more cargo boxes to be opened and checked.

    TAG: Yane and Nick />
  3. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

    Manager
    Member Since:
    May 23, 2005
    star 5
    OOC:
    Fixed. Post to come later, I have writer's block.
  4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 1, 2000
    star 6
    Sorry for taking so long in replying... but I be back! And I notice that Jango10 hasnt replied to my last tag to him since then. Can I have Jones now, I_H?

    First Mate Maccus

    The Dutch Ship

    "Now ye not be lyin' tae ol' Maccus now are ye?" the shark asked of the Captains. "Cause if ye were, I'd hav'ta let Capt'n Jones know dat der be two men willin' tae defy de Sea Devil." He stepped over to the men menacingly, baring his shark fanged teeth in a cruel smile. "I be certain he'd send ol' Calib after ye an' she be happy tae take ye down tae Davy Jones' Locker!" He and Clanker chuckled in amusement at the pale expressions on the two sailors.


    TAG: I_H
  5. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Tia Dalma
    Upper Deck, The Black Dagger, The Alantic


    Turtle looked back and forth from the injured Frenchman, the English-speaking Frenchman, Tia, and Page. There were languages spoken that he didn't understand. "Did he say he needed medical supplies?" He turned to his fellow crew. "Where are those kept?"

    Tia tried hard not to roll her eyes. She replied. "De Cap-tin, he be keeping those close, probably. Matters, if him wants to use em." Tia looked up, as she noticed movement towards them.

    Tia watched with a smug grin, as Barbossa moved up to the group. He looked down at the Frenchmen, then over to Turtle, Page, and Tia.
    "Afternoon gents." he said with his trademark slinky smile. "I 'ear you've been 'avin' a bitta trouble with one a our fine Frenchies."

    He looked down to the man on the floor. He paused, before he finally spoke. "We treat if we can. If no an knows whatta do with it, 'e'll get a shot to the head and a dunk in da sea." He looked to Page, Turtle, and Dalma. "Any of you know what ta do with it?"

    Tia rolled her eyes. She looked back out over the water towards the storm clouds, before she looked back over at the French man, and then Barbossa. "You takes ah too much time, wif this! She stated as she moved forward, planting her hands on her hip. "Haf de ottas move em, and I sees whats I can do." She looked down to the Frenchmen, and his friends. ["Help em up."] she states to them, before she looks back up, cursing slightly in several languages. Too much time. But this could be useful. She grinned, as she thought of her other , gift... She then turned at looked at Page and Turtle.

    "Take em all down below. Ah's look at his ankle where ya locks em up. 'Em aint gonna go no place. She turned and looked at Page. "Well. You talk wif lots de words. You any good actually doing anything?" she asked him, as she picked up her dress, preparing to follow the others down to the lower levels.



    TAG: Turtle, Barbossa, Herny Page, anyone else
  6. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

    Manager
    Member Since:
    May 23, 2005
    star 5
    Henry Page

    The voodoo woman spoke. "Well. You talk wif lots de words. You any good actually doing anything?"

    Henry gave her a hard look. Barbossa's question hung in the air. A crossroads had arrived, and with this poor bastard's foot the way it was, there was only one real option. They couldn't treat it, and they couldn't just kill him.

    Henry unsheathed his sword, took two steps forwards, and brought the blade down hard on the man's injured leg. The blade tore through with amazing speed, cutting the already-broken bone cleanly. Henry stood calmly, wiped his blade on a cloth, and sheathed it.

    The man howled in pain, and Henry called out over the sound. "Bring a torch."

    Tag: Imp, Ktala, Dubya
  7. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Turtle

    Before Turtle could respond to Barbossa or Tia Dalma's comments, he turned to see Page's blade slice the Frenchman's foot clean off.

    Turtle cringed and looked away for a brief moment. Suddenly he felt sick...

    TAG: Page, Tia, Barbossa...
  8. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Tia Dalma
    Aboard the Black Dagger


    Tia had asked Page, "Well. You talk wif lots de words. You any good actually doing anything?" What she got in response, was NOT what was expected.

    Henry gave her a hard look. He then moved forward, unsheathed his sword, took two steps forwards, and brought the blade down hard on the man's injured leg. The blade tore through with amazing speed, cutting the already-broken bone cleanly. Henry stood calmly, wiped his blade on a cloth, and sheathed it.

    The man howled in pain, and Henry called out over the sound. "Bring a torch."

    Tia's eyes grew wide, as she watched the idiot at work. Finally, she exploded. "It twas ah simple break, fool!!!!! Somethin easy to deal wif, to you fool idjiot goes and chops off things that not be needeing chopped." She glared at him. "How you likes if Im be choping various parts off you!!?" She was convinced she was surrounded by idiots.

    "Obviously, you NOT good for anythin'!!" she yelled at the man, and then turned, and stormed off. If the poor man survived the shock of having a foot choped off, and then a torch applied, she would treat him. But right now, she was furious. She began muttering a long stream of words, and she left the upper decks.

    She stopped, whirled around, and looked towards Barbossa. "Keem em FOOL away from me!" she added, before she stormed off, growling dangeriously.



    TAG: Turtle, Barbossa, Herny Page, anyone else
  9. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

    Manager
    Member Since:
    May 23, 2005
    star 5
    Henry Page

    Henry took the woman's outburst without flinching. He calmly reminded himself of the reasons why this needed to be done. We don't have time to worry about this man's foot, we don't have the resources to mend it properly, and we certainly don't need this trouble.

    He looked to Barbossa, saying, "We had two choices there, try and fix it with what we had or cut it off. There's no time for nonsense like this."

    Henry looked about, annoyed that the torch had yet to arrive. He searched for a moment, finding one and lighting it. As the torch burned, Henry knelt down to the footless man. "It's either a peg you can walk on or a crutch you can lean on," he said in French, "I'm sorry."

    Standing, he looked about. "Two of you, hold him, get him a piece of wood. The wound must be cauterized."

    Tag: Imp, Dubya
  10. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    OOC: A PM will be sent to Jango, Mitth. If he doesn't want in, then you may have it. I'm hesitant to just hand it over, because we are technically at a lull in Jones' story.

    Jones Arc

    IC: The Dutch Sailors
    Location: Their Ship

    The terrors continued as the shark-monster-thing continued to threaten the sailors. The men now were pretty much cowered together in a corner, trying to stay as far as they could from the monster.

    They shook their heads as Maccus asked if they were lying.

    "N, nah, no sir!" one of them squeaked. "We saw em, er let God strike us where we stand!"

    They cowered, hoping and praying that nothing would happen.

    TAG: Mitth

    Pirates Arc

    IC: Barbossa
    Location: Deck, Black Dagger

    Barbossa watched as the man chopped off the man's foot, they proceeded to work to cauterize the wound. Barbaric to be sure, but not too wild. Barbossa, believe it or not, had seen similar things done before. Not because they couldn't repair the sprain, but because it was easier and quicker to loose the bad limb than have a man down for weeks on a busy ship.

    He watched as Tia stormed off, unhappy with the move. Yah, Barbossa probably wouldn't have done it that way. But it was just a prisoner after all. Probably wouldn't fetch too much on the slave market anyway. Looked kinda weak and scrawny. Maybe he could be sold as a side-show act.

    "Miss Dalma makes a good point." he said to the sailors who had gathered around him to watch the gruesome spectacle on deck. "We be wasting a bit too much time. Tether the Magnifique and set sail. We be headin' a right due East."

    The men scrambled at his command to make his wants happen, and he was left with watching Page, who was handed the flame he was looking for.

    "Cauterize er real good Mister Page." Barbossa said with a stern look. "I will not be havin' my crew interrupted by the screams of an infected prisoner. Ye put this un through quite a bit of pain. I will not be so cruel so as ter extend his torment should the rot come ta call."

    The man then turned and went off to supervise the readying of his ships...

    TAG: Pirates!/>
  11. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Cotton

    Hearing the screams, Cotton came rushing over to see what was happening. And it appeared they were cauterizing a Frenchman's ankle. The foot was not attached to the leg.

    Cotton thought that the screams meant it was something serious. But it wasn't. He just shrugged his shoulders and headed back the way he had come.

    TAG: Barbossa, Henry Page, others...
  12. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 1, 2000
    star 6
    First Mate Maccus

    Dutch Ship

    "Nay, twon't be God dat strikes ye, matey," Maccus replied with a sneer as he began to turn around and walk away. "It'll be de Devil himself dat strikes ye down, especially if ye were tae speak of dis here visit tew anyone else." Both he and Clanker laughed before they merged through the wall and left the ship again.

    Within seconds they were back on board the Dutchman and Maccus made his way to Jones cabin where he would give his report.


    TAG: I_H
  13. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 27, 2007
    star 5
    IC: Robert Moore
    Le Magnifique Hold


    Robert pondered a moment. He was at a loss for what to do with the chest. He saw no key. Robert glanced at Kate. He decided to keep looking in the hold. Robert walked to an unopened crate. He sat the chest down and then looked inside. He moved to the next one.

    ?So, how do you know Henry??

    Tag: Yane
  14. Jango10 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 22, 2002
    star 5
    OOC: It has been a while since I have done a Jones flashback. Excuse the shortness.

    IC: Davy Jones

    Jones awoke on an empty shore. He lifted his eyes and looked around, all he saw was a blur. He shook his head and lifted himself up out of the sand, only to collapse back into it. Jones let out a deep groan. The last thing he could remember was victory over British in the midst of the maelstrom.

    "Not even Calypso herself can sink the Pearl."

    Those words echoed in Jones' mind. He let out a small grin, oh how wrong he was. He lifted himself up again. The sun shined in his eyes, as he raised his hand to block it, he saw a shadowy figure standing in front of him.

    "Ello Davy Jones," a women's voice said.


    TAG: None
  15. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Tia Dalma
    Her quarters, Black Dagger

    Tia stormed back into her quarters, muttering enough curses to curl the sidearms back, as she slammed her door. It was only because she needed them, that she kept from doing what first came to mind. But that did not mean they would get away scott free. Now, she was NOT going to have to deal with such idiots.

    Still muttering, something small scampered past her in terror, looking for a place to hide. Movement, and she looked up, a wicked smile on her face. "Ahhh. Me thins dah som thins work betta da ottas.." she said with a grin, as she walked over to a cabinent. Pouring a small amount of dark liquid into a cup, she carfuly moved towards the back parts of her area. Pushing aside a curtain, she purred, as she sat down the cup. Speaking in another language, she moved gently, making sure the contents of the cup were finished. She then sighed. "Just ya waits an' see. Soon, be de time..." She paused, her hand quickly going towards her necklace as she tilts her head. "Lie still..." she says, as she stands, and goes back to her own area. Grabbing her crab claws, she quickly throws them out on the bed in front of her. She sits, studying them patterns as she gently strokes the necklace.

    "Ahh...you wic-ked Jack...." she murmored softly, as she closed her eyes, and softly began to chant.



    TAG
  16. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Jul 15, 2002
    star 6
    OOC: Sorry to not be posting with relative frequency...I shall probably post tonight but definitely at least this week.
  17. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    GM's OOC: Alrighty, I am still here, and have not forgotten about you fine people. As you may have heard, I'm in DC now, and dealing with all the added hassles and duties that come with studying abroad. However, as I have not been picking up many games, I am still willing to keep this one going. Its time to move to the next level, so I will be giving a few days for you all to tie up your ends, and we'll be moving on.

    Pirates Arc, your next phase will be an African Port by the name of Accra.
    Jones Arc, your next phase will be Tierra Del Fuego.

    I would love to get a post from Jones (Jango10) with Maccus and a post from Penguinator as to the results of his surgery. If I don't get a response from both players, I as GM will fill in the spots left open. As to Nick's plot with the chest, it will be expounded upon in the next phase. Take it to Barbossa if you want a hint about what will happen next. If not, then do what you may.

    -I_H
  18. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    OOC: Right-o, boss man. I patiently await your return. ;)
  19. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    May 14, 2001
    star 6
    Elizabeth Swann
    The Black Dagger

    Picking on people who hadn?t done anything to deserve it still didn?t sit well with Elizabeth. She doubted if it ever would. But that?s what pirating was, really, and she rarely said a word against it anymore. Certainly she wasn?t about to protest this particular conquest. It was good for the crew to put their mind to something. They?d be the happier for it, and far less annoying for the remainder of the journey now that they?d had a bit of fun.

    As soon as the fighting with the French ship was over, she and Will had slipped away, thankful for the distraction afforded by a conquered ship ready to be plundered. While everyone else was busy, they?d shared some time alone. If the others noticed their absence, they never said a word. Probably they were happy to have a larger share of the treasure to themselves. Elizabeth didn?t mind missing out ? she wouldn?t have been able to keep any of it in good conscience, anyway.

    ?How much longer do you suppose we?ll be at sea?? she?d asked Will, but he didn?t know. Barbossa wasn?t speaking much about his plans. But it seemed likely they might make port before too long, now that they had goods to offload.

    ?They?re back on the ship,? Will observed. ?We should go make ourselves useful.?

    ?No,? Elizabeth said, snuggling closer in his warm arms. ?I?d so much rather stay here.?

    Will looked over at her in his most charming way. ?I suppose that can be arranged.?

    And then, of course, she had the irresistible urge to kiss him...so she did.
  20. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Jul 15, 2002
    star 6
    OOC: 'kay maybe I lied. :p

    But here's my post now. :)


    IC:

    Le Magnifique


    As Kate


    "How do I know Henry?" she repeated aloud. "I daresay one must come to some kind of acquaintance in a duel, yes? Trounced him back at the inn."

    She smiled and then hefted up the chest. "Well seeing as how you and I have no idea what to do with this chest, I suggest we take it to the cap'n. Agreed, Mr. Moore?"



    TAG: Nick/>
  21. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    GM's OOC: Moving on!

    IC: Pirates Arc
    Location: Atlantic

    Sooner than later, things were packed up and ready to go on the side of the Pirates. Barbossa, not wanting to waste any further time, had pushed the crew hard, getting them ready to set sail and continue their quest. The prisoners from the Le Magnifique had been transfered off into the brig of the Black Dagger, and the crewmen had rigged up a line to tow the ship along. As it contained still quite a bit of loot to be sold, it certainly would have done little good to sink her out and out. The prisoner that had his leg cauterized managed to do fine, though he certainly had a harder time moving around. And the chest was handed over to Barbossa, who took it into his safe-keeping. A favorable wind had kept the ship clipping along nicely, and the weather seemed to be behaving itself. It takes a long time to traverse oceans, and this was no exception. Hours turned into days, days turned into weeks, and weeks into months. It was a good thing that the group found Africa when they did, as they had just finished the last of their food stores. After putting down stakes and replenishing on land, the group set sail again down the African coast. It was a sunny day when they spied the shacks and buildings of Accra, as well as a the few ships anchored around it.

    "Aye, shape up lads!" Barbossa was shouting. "Drop anchor and ready the long-boats. We be goin' into town!"

    TAG: Pirates


    Jones Arc
    Location: Tierra Del Fuego

    Upon the news that the Spanish fleet had sailed south, Jones spurred his crew into action. The Dutchman rounded up its crew left the Argentine town, hoping to make up for already lost time. Within days, they were at the Straights of Magellan, the Tierra Del Fuego. Know for its dangerous waters, they were even more treacherous under the sea. All around the Dutchman, the ruins of ships big and small laid scattered along the rocky sea-cliffs. The cold antarctic waters brushed frigidly over the Dutchman's bow.

    As they sailed, something burbled and bubbled. From the depths, eyes watched the vessel.

    TAG: Jones Crew/>
  22. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Tia Dalma
    Aboard the Black Dagger, off African Coast, Accra

    Tia Dalma stayed within her cabin the entire voyage to the african coast. During parts of the voyage, the smell of insense and other herbs could be smelt throughout the ship. Other times, the smell of lavender, and soft laughter could be heard, but Tia never explained herself, or what she was doing, for she had much more important matters to deal with. Old pacts were now being called into play, and things were moving along as planned.

    It was not until the ship had neared the African coast, did Tia emergege once more, her disposition a bit more level as she looked out upon the sunny skies, to lay eyes to the land in the distance. She heard Captain Barbossa as he barked out his orders to the crew.

    "Aye, shape up lads!"[/i Barbossa was shouting. "Drop anchor and ready the long-boats. We be goin' into town!" Tia had altered her clothing a bit, and she carried a heavy bag with her, as she stood on top deck. She said nothing, but only looked out among the shorline...stroking a large tabby cat that was sitting quietly on her lap, purring gently.


    It was time to find Jack.


    TAG: Pirates, I_H
  23. chanbill5390 Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 12, 2007
    star 4
    GM Approved

    Name: Chandler Billings
    Alias: Chandler the Savage (Due to his Native American Grandparents.)
    Age: 27
    Gender: Male
    Nationality: Colonial America (New York)
    Hair Color / Style: Dark, semi-long, covers his eyes.
    Eye Color: Bright Silver
    Skin Color: Light Tan
    Clothing: Light overcoat that goes over a shortsleeved cotton shirt and khaki colored pants. Black boots and a plumed tri-corner hat.
    Weapons: One pistol and two cutlasses
    Home Town: On the St. Lawerence River on the northern border of New York.
    Bio / History: Born in a small border town it was raided by a group of pirates, having been a teen with a nice arm by then he was abducted by there captain, he fit right in. He is now the first mate on the ship Ghost of the Fourth Coast, however his captain is ill so he's more an acting captain, he was also entrusted with the captains Piece of Eight. He now waits for his moment to raise his banner and fight against that British monster Lord Beckett.
  24. chanbill5390 Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 12, 2007
    star 4
    IC: Chandler Billings

    The wind off the bay was chill and bitter and it bit at Chandler's face as he looked out from the port where his captians ship the Ghost of the Fourth Coast lay in wait for the next merchant vessel. He had spent the last few days in the Bay of St. Lawrence in the region between it's river and the Atlantic Ocean, waiting for his next move. For the last couple of months several of his allies had been captured and executed by the Bitish Navy upon the orders of one Lord Beckett, the very man Chandler was waiting to show up, the last e had heard the monster had taken residence in the Governor's house in Port Royal in the Carribean, realm of the late Captian Jack Sparrow. How ever that had been several weeks ago and now another ship was coming into port near Montreal, Chandler was going to stop it and raid it before it got the chance, hopefully it would be enough to grab Beckett's attention, even enough for him to make a personal appearance, so that he could kill the monster himself.

    TAG: GM

  25. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 27, 2007
    star 5
    IC: Robert Moore
    Black Dagger


    Robert had tucked away the chest in his own chest. He had waited until now to talk to Barbossa about it and he glanced at him as he yelled to ready the longboats. He called to him and walked over.

    ?Captain, I found something very interesting. I think you should come check it out.?

    Tag: I_H
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.