1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive Pirates of the Caribbean III: At the World's End-- Now Accepting New Players!

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer, Jul 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pheonix_Rising Jedi Knight

star 3
    IC: Will Turner

Will kept Elizabeth close to him while they wandered through Tortuga. She could take cre of herself, no doubt, but he didn't want to let her get into danger again. He was willing to give his life for her when the Kraken attacked, but luck had spared them both.

He watched the side of the streets, and the windows above. He wasn't looking for anyone that had potential to be a pirate, he was looking for anyone potentially harmful to his Fiance.

?I think we ought to try to find at least two additions to the crew today,? she suggested to Will. ?That?s one each. Where shall we start??

"One each, I agree...The closest place is the Mermaid Tavern and Inn, I say we take our chances in there." He loosens his sword in it's sheath, and prepares himself to walk in.

TAG: NP
    OOC: NaboosPrincess, you can feel free to write PR instead of Pheonix_Rising, that's what people do at all my other boards.
  2. TheWatchman Jedi Knight

Cato de la Rio
    The Courtyard

Cato De la Rio awoke finally after countless hours of sleep. He pulled his hat that was nestled over his face. The room was dark and smelled of a great stench. He stood up and gave the pig he used as pillow a slight pat on the stomach and stumbled as he took a few steps to find the door. His eyes took some time to adjust to the changes but he has now grown use to this. Remaining in his left hand was a jug of rum ... not to his surprise it was empty.

"I need more rum." He spoke quitly to himself.

Cato walked slowly and stood tall among the others who inhabited the streets of Tortuga. He kept his right hand on his sword; one never knows when a drunk may look for a fight. After what seemed forever walking, he found his way into the Seaspray Inn. Of course like any tavern commotion filled the room and almost no particular man stood out in the crowd ... almost. Cato stood to the side of the man who was engaged in conversation with a woman. He knew who this man was; he heard many stories and had no doubt in his mind that this was the pirate named Barbosa. The two crossed eyes but nothing was said, he would not interrupt the man while he was talking, that would surely be a mistake.

Tag - Imperial_Hammer
  3. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
    IC: Elizabeth Swann

"One each, I agree...The closest place is the Mermaid Tavern and Inn, I say we take our chances in there."

?Right; to the tavern, then,? Elizabeth said in response to Will?s suggestion. Then she noticed the woman who had come up to speak with them. She didn?t look much younger than Elizabeth, actually, and seemed to know her way around.

"Did ya say ya need a crew?" she asked. "Well, I need a ship. I been spendin a few years sailin, and if ya be willin, I can show ya how good a sailor I can be."

Elizabeth turned to Will. ?I think we might have found our first new recruit,? she murmured. ?Wait a moment.?

She smiled at the young woman and asked her name. ?I?m Elizabeth Swann, and this is William Turner,? she said by way of introductions. ?We do indeed need a crew. If you wish to join, you?ll be sailing under our captain; we?re just helping round up some interested sailors. We will be going on a very interesting journey??

TAG: Marna_Veign, PR ;)
  4. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Did you miss my TAG a while back, I_H?

IC: as Worthington
    Barracks - Port Royal

The young man rolled over and rubbed his eyes. "What the 'ell are you doin', chap. I'm tryin' ta sleep." He blinked as his eyes focused. The blurred image finally came together. Murtogg and Mullroy. "Sorry, mates," he added as he realized where he was and who he was talking to.

A bit wobbly, he got to his feet and reached over to grab his uniform. "What's 'appening?"

TAG: Murtogg and Mullroy (Imperial_Hammer)...
  5. Pheonix_Rising Jedi Knight

star 3

?I?m Elizabeth Swann, and this is William Turner, we do indeed need a crew. If you wish to join, you?ll be sailing under our captain; we?re just helping round up some interested sailors. We will be going on a very interesting journey??

Will smiles inwardly when she mentions an 'interesting journey.' But keeps it from revealing itself to the woman. he leans close to Elizabeth, "I though Pirates were supersticious about woman being onboard a ship." He looks up to the other, "You are welcome to join us until we go back to the ship, or you may go to the ship now, there should be someone there."

TAG: NP, Marna_Veign
  6. RogueAce7 Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Liam Alexander

Mermaid Tavern

Liam cautiously eyed the other patrons in the tavern. Evening was drawing near, and the place was becoming more crowded. He'd still had nothing to eat or drink, which didn't really bother him. He watched the interaction between the owner of the place and a pirate, and kept a hand close to his sword. I guess even this place has it's fair share of...fun.

A shot rang through the tavern, and Liam spun, only to find a group of men gathering around something, presumably a dead man. A new plan formed in his mind. It was possible, with the sort of people that came in and out of the place, that he would be able to get passage out of Tortuga on a pirate ship, his ultimate goal. Moving to the window, he spied a couple walking down the road, surely pirates by their dress. They're coming this way...maybe they'll be my way out of here.

Tag: Mermaid Tavern folks, PR, NP
  7. TheMaidofOrleans Jedi Knight

star 3
    IC: Polly Fitzgerald, proprietor
    The Mermaid Tavern & Inn
    The Tap Room

"Don't be alarmed young sir," Polly noticed the reaction of the newcomer.
    "Things are just warming up outside...now how may I be of service to you? A drink, meal, a bed to rest yourself?"

Tag:Liam Alexander & Company The Tap Room
  8. RogueAce7 Jedi Master

star 4
    Liam Alexander

Mermaid Tavern

Liam turned at the lady's voice, and saw it was the owner.

"Don't be alarmed young sir," Polly noticed the reaction of the newcomer.
    "Things are just warming up outside...now how may I be of service to you? A drink, meal, a bed to rest yourself?"

He smiled, and walked over. "Nothing right now, my lady. There is a chance I will need a place to stay for a few nights, however, if things don't go my way here. Might I ask your name, miss?"

Tag: TheMaidOfOrleans
  9. darth_nemisis Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Ned Morgan
    ~La Ray Bar - Tortuga~

"Would it 'ave somethin' t'do with the little recruitment drive in the corner, there?" asked Thomas, gesturing towards a line that was forming in front of two pirates that seemed slightly familiar. Ned hadn't noticed the line until after he asked the question, hearing a very strange name he thought he would never hear again: Barbossa.

"Me believe so," Ned said, scratching his chin.

"If'n it is," Deadeye said, "you have my services. But I want t'know the nature of this little adventure, here; no fool would seek crew this far 'nto Tortuga 'lest they were seekin' th' best." Deadeye leaned back in his chair, folding his arms across his chest.

A smile formed across Ned's face as he took a large gulp of his rum, nearly finishing it with that one drink, glad to see 'ol Deadeye willing to join; with him along, the trip may go more smoothly than he would have hoped. "Ye be correct," he said before finishing it off and slamming it down on the table. "How 'bout we take a look see?"

Ned stood from his chair and began walking towards the line. As he approached, he heard an unfamiliar man speaking, and decided to listen in. "Well, Ms. Erika," said the pirate, "we're on a quest to save the infamous Captain Jack Sparrow. He was eaten, you see, by the Kraken. This strange voodoo woman told us where we can find him. Captain Barbossa knows the way, that's why he's leading us."

Ned smiled once more. So, the stories he had heard were correct, at least the said stories were known by more pirates than himself. Though, he hadn't heard of the voodoo womanHe turned to Deadeye. "That be enough info' for me." He stepped in line behind the pirate who had told about the trip, and the lady pirate he had told it to.

"When do we leave, Erik?" she asked to the pirate, obviously named Erik. Ned looked at Erik, awaiting the answer, not worrying about not being invited into the conversation.

TAG: Robal_Krahl, Jango313, MissingNo
  10. Jango313 Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Erik Leroux
    La Ray Bar, Tortuga

Leroux gazed over Erika's shoulder as a line started to form behind her. He smiled, glad they were getting attention.

"As soon as I know, you'll know, miss," Leroux said, jotting down her name on a piece of paper Ragetti handed him. "Meet us at the Seaspray Inn. Tell them Le Loup sent you. Next in line, please."

TAG: MissingNo, P&R, nemesis.

11. MissingNo Jedi Knight

star 1
    IC:Erika Carpter

"Okay. I'll go there tomorrow." Erika said as she walked away. "I might get to see so many famous pirates! Barbossa and Jack are famous pirates..." she thought to herself as she entered the Toscada Inn. The Innkeeper would always try and scare her whenever she got back from his walks. "I know your behind the counter." Erika said.

"How did you know I was here?" the Innkeeper asked.

"I know everything that goes on in Tortuga." she replied. As Erika walked up to her room, she remembered the silly rumors in the Paris opera house when she was there. "There was no Opera Ghost in the opera house back home, was there?". As Erika got into bed, she remembered her life in Paris.

TAG:...
  12. Marna_Veign Jedi Master

star 4
    Victoia 'Rats' Roberts - Streets of Tortuga

"One each, I agree...The closest place is the Mermaid Tavern and Inn, I say we take our chances in there." Will was saying.

"Right, to the tavern, then." Elizabeth said in response to Will?s suggestion. Then she noticed Rats.

"Did ya say ya need a crew?" Rats asked. "Well, I need a ship. I been spendin a few years sailin, and if ya be willin, I can show ya how good a sailor I can be."

Elizabeth turned to Will. "I think we might have found our first new recruit," she murmured. "Wait a moment."

She smiled at the young woman and asked her name. "I?m Elizabeth Swann, and this is William Turner," she said by way of introductions. "We do indeed need a crew. If you wish to join, you?ll be sailing under our captain; we?re just helping round up some interested sailors. We will be going on a very interesting journey?"

"Name's Rats Rocie." Rats tells them. She didn't really like her real name, so she was hoping they would leave it at that. She saw the man, William, turn to Elizabeth.

"I though Pirates were supersticious about woman being onboard a ship." Will looks back to Rats. "You are welcome to join us until we go back to the ship, or you may go to the ship now, there should be someone there."

"Ya needn't worry 'bout me bein' a woman on the ship. I don't be no lady, an crewmen know that fast." Rats said. "I think me an' Bobby will come with ya fer now."

tag - Will(P_R), Elizabeth(NP)
  13. LeiaHair Force Ghost

star 4
    Auryn Britt
    Seaspray Inn, Tortuga

"Hm. What be ye, a psychic of some kind? Ta know where I be heading is quite a trick, lass." Barbossa turned towards the stairs up to the upper floor and ushered for the girl to follow him... "Have ye ever heard of one Tia Dalma?"

"No, I don't... wait. Di' you say you were goin there? As in, you don't think me a loon like ev'yone else here?" Auryn said, running up behind him, her rapier clinking in it's scabbard. After catching up with him, she continued. "I didn't know you were going... I ask ev'y cap'n that comes to port. It was pure chance."

But was it? How could she be sure?

"Look, I be livin' me whole life either here in Tortuga with me mum... who was a whore... and then with me father on the sea... I don't know wha I be doin' if I don't find me father..." She cointinued to follow this strange man to his room, his key dangling from his hand.

TAG: Barbossa
  14. Eme-ma_Himou Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: P&R

Ragetti looked at Le Loup's writing with quite envy. It must be nice, knowing how to read...

"So, that'll be one, eh?" Pintel said to himself, or was it that he was proving he could count?

The next man stepped forward.

"Are you ready to sail to the Ends of the Earth? Is piracy in ye blood?"

The man gave a cruel smirk, as if what Pintel said was funny.

"Who do you think you are, lad?" Pintel asked, "What do you find amiss with me last statement?"

The man leaned on the table nonchalantly, "What was so funny was your question of 'piracy in my blood'. You see... it is."

Ragetti looked from Pintel to this stranger and back again.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"I am Captain Matthew Teach, the nephew of bloody Blackbeard," he said, as if trying to point out the painfully obvious.

Pintel would have liked to point something out but he may need his sword to do it.

TAG: Le Loup, anyone listening in
  15. Jango313 Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Le Loup
    La Ray Bar, Tortuga

Leroux looked at Teach, he seemed like the cocky sort.

"Nephew of Blackbeard, eh?" Leroux said, calmly. "Also the son of a noble, so I hear. One question you must ask yourself, mate, where do your loyalties lie? To Blackbeard or to the King? Which will it be?"

Leroux looked right into Teach's eyes, hand close to his sword in case there was trouble.

TAG: Eme, Nemesis, Bar
  16. Eme-ma_Himou Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Teach, P&R

Pintel looked daggers at this Teach, while Ragetti still looked on with wonder.

"Well, I've had somewhat of a fallout with my Uncle, so my loyalties there are a bit... shakey. But I sure as hell am not loyal to the King. Piracy is my way of life. I like the smell, the taste," Teach said, motioning to the rest of the tavern.

"I need to get away from here, away from Blackbeard. You want a loyal hand working the deck, you got me."

Ragetti believed him well enough, quite liked him actually. It was Pintel that was having second thoughts. Sure, he may have been telling the truth, but Pintel downright disliked this man.

TAG: Le Loup
  17. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

star 5
    IC: Murtogg and Mullroy

The two British soldiers shot glances at each other...

"Wats happenin?" Murtogg said with a grin. "Get a load of this one, eh?"

"Always the lazy one." Mullroy said, shaking his head as he handed over Worthington's uniform. "You owe us quite a bit for wakin' ya up ya hear."

"The ships from Britian 'ave come in" Murtogg said, moving towards one of the windows overlooking the port... "All the high brass are makin' nice now. But you bet your sweet aunt Fanny they'll be comin' for inspections soon enough."

"An' we all know they'll be lookin' far ya." Mullroy said, bringing Worthington's boots to him. "Mister Rising Star an all of the King's nayvy."

The two men stood to watch the man get up and finished dressing...

"One too many pints I'd reckon." Murtogg said with a snicker to Mullroy.

TAG: Dubya

IC: Barbossa

Barbossa looked at the girl a little strangely, as though he thought her a loon not thinking they would be going there. Though by what she said, his suspicions of her being a psychic were dismissed. She started going on into some family story, to which Barbossa quickly tuned her voice out.

"Aye yes." he said, stopping in front of his room. "We be goin' ta the ends of the earth, and maybe beyond. But we be goin' there for a purpose, and that not bein' your pa. When we get to where he be, ya be more then welcome ta do what ya need to. But ye'll be on yer own."

Barbossa looked over his shoulder to see a man waiting for him at the back of the hall. He looked.... familiar. He seemed waiting until he was done with the girl.

"If that be understood, ye be more than welcome ta sail with us, Miss .... ? "

The pirate figured he'd best be getting the lass' name if she be apart of the crew...

TAG: LeiaHair and Watchman

British OOC: And I'm going to give BSSL a dayish to post for Vice Admiral Warren. If not, I'll IC his character just then to keep the faction going. British Officers look for a post on Wednes/Thurs.

-I_H/>/>
  18. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: John "Too-Tall" Ligdenburg
    Tortuga

The sun was nigh unbearable to the eyes of Too-Tall as he stepped out of the bar with a slight stumble, kicking up a bit of dirt behind his already filthy boots that had traveled many places in the past couple of months. Some of those places Too-Tall would like to forget, but intoxicating himself only took a toll on his short-term memory unfortunately.

Too-Tall glanced at his watch, and oddly enough it displayed the exact time that it had in the bar a few minutes earlier. He then noticed that the seconds hand was completely inert, and that his watch had stopped working.

"Uh-oh," he muttered to himself. Walking past a woman busy with her cranky child, he grabbed a watch out of her small knapsack that read twenty minutes ahead of his. He then put the watch into his pocket, replacing the woman's with his old one. Bugger. His ship had already left, and as drunk as his captain was, they weren't going to be waiting for him. Oh well, it was the fifth time in a year that Too-Tall had switched crews. This situation was no stranger to him. He'd simply find another one and be on his way.

Before long, Too-Tall had decided that he needed some long overdue rest, so his next destination was the Seaspray Inn. As he made his way through the winding hallways to find a vacant room, he overheard a conversation between a couple of pirates, no doubt. One was a female, and she caught his eye immediately. A beautiful woman, and probably a pirate to boot. His attention then focused to the rugged man before her.

"We be goin' ta the ends of the earth, and maybe beyond. But we be goin' there for a purpose, and that not bein' your pa. When we get to where he be, ya be more then welcome ta do what ya need to. But ye'll be on yer own."

The end of the earth? Interesting...

Too-Tall slowly made his way towards the pirates. After their conversation had completed, he was sure to have a word with the Captain, and possibly the lady if she stuck around.

Tag: I_H
  19. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Sorry about the delay, wasn't home Sunday, spent most of yesterday formatting my computer, Gibbs post up soon

IC: Gibbs

Andreakos spoke up ?I?m ready if you are, Where?ll we be going??

She's eager, that was good, Gibbs thoguht to himself, just hope it don't get her killed.

"Aye young lass, we're goin' ta star' with Th' Mermaid Tavern, since it'll be th' firs' tavern we come to. Now when we ghet there, I am goin' ta ge'a table and setup a register. I want you two ta' work th' room, find those tha' wan'ta join, and send 'em ta me. I'll have them stay with me until we shove off. Aft' tha' they'll help us recruit. Now Cotton and I know this place very well, so this shouldn't be t'difficult."

The young Lass seemed able and ready. "Ya know I use'ta think that havin' a woman on boar' a pirate ship was dreaful bad luck, but I don't rightly think so anymore, no' after wha' I have seen and experienced. Just stick close an' pay attention." He patted her on the back

"Come on we move out"

They made their way through Torutga,Finnaly coming to the Mermaid's Inn. It was just staarting to fill up.

"Jus' in time" Gibbs said with a big smile.

They entered. Gibbs scanned the room and found a large empty table. He took it.

"Alrigh' then Mates, le's get started."

Gibbs motioned for the Barmaid

Tag Cotton, Andrekos Polly any in the

20. MissingNo Jedi Knight

star 1
    IC:Erika Carpter

Erika woke up the next morning remembering that she had to go to the Seaspray Inn. Quietly, she made her way into the lobby and out the door. It was really early in the morning, say about 4 'o' Clock in the morning. When Erika got to the Seaspray Inn doors, she looked inside to see the Innkeeper there. As Erika opened the door, the Innkeeper looked at her. "I won't need any breakfast, Monsieur." Erika said as she layed down on the couch.

"Why are you here?" the Innkeeper asked.

"Monsier Le Loup said to come here." Erika replied. "I'm going to sit here 'till I meet Barbossa."

TAG: Imperial_Hammer Jango313

21. darth_nemisis Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Ned Morgan
    ~La Ray Bar - Tortuga~

"Next in line, please," said the pirate named Erik, looking at the next person in line, who was a man who claimed to be Blackbeard's nephew.

Ned, being next in line, stepped forward looking at Erik and nodding. Behind him were two pirates, one who looked old and had a beard, and a younger, more clean shaven man. If Ned wasn't mistaken, these two were the men who started forming the line, signifying that these two were most likely crewmates of Barbossa's ship, the ship that was trying to find Captain Jack and the Black Pearle.

"I be wanting to sign up," said the thiry-one year old pirate to the two men behind the desk.

TAG: Eme-ma_Himou, Jango313, Robal_Krahl
  22. LeiaHair Force Ghost

star 4
    Auyrn Britt
    Seaspray Inn, Tortuga

"Auyrn Britt." She said quietly, the shock of actually finding a captain not only willing, but on his way, to find the end of the earth, started to fill her mind and body. After a short moment of silence, Auyrn looked back up to the captain expectantly. After getting the time and ship, she planned on getting a few pints... okay, a lot of pints. This was the last time she'd have to see this sorry place. And she'd show them all, when her father and her sailed back together with unthinkable treasures that she wasn't a loon after all.

TAG: Barbossa
  23. Pheonix_Rising Jedi Knight

star 3

Will turned, once again, toward the Mermaid Tavern. He gathered up his courage and opened the doors. The place was unlike most other taverns in the city. This tavern was well-kept, and only had a few skirmishes here and there, which were quickly ended by four men that were likely hired to do such.

"Stay close Elizabeth, and keep your ears open." He moves in first and positions himself to protect her if need be. Slowly he walks around the room looking for likely candidates for the crew.

TAG: NP, Marna_Veign, RogueAce7
  24. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: as Worthington
    Barracks

The young sailor swore and hurriedly put on the rest of his uniform. "This is the moment I've been waitin' for!" While buttoning the last of his uniform he headed for the doorway. Turning back to Murtogg and Mullroy, he said, "Come on. Let's go meet 'em." He stopped when he suddenly realized...the splitting headache. He leaned in the doorway and took a deep breathe. "I really shouldn'ta done that last night..." he said, rubbing the top of his head. "All that drinkin'..." He felt like collapsing, but managed to steady himself.

TAG: Imperial_Hammer...

IC: as Turtle and Cotton
    Mermaid Tavern

Turtle spun around when he heard the three people enter the room. Hey, these looked like pirates. The real deal. The real "scurvy, avast ye, shiver my timbers, dead men tell no tales" pirates. He watched them call for Polly.

Cotton, one of the pirates Turtle was so fascinated with, was standing next to his old pal Gibbs, waiting for the barmaid to approaching. Wow. And what a barmaid she was!

TAG: Gibbs, Andreakos, Polly, the other blokes in the Tavern/Inn.../>
  25. TheMaidofOrleans Jedi Knight

star 3
    IC: Polly FItzgerald, proprietor
    The Mermaid Tavern & Inn
    The Tap Room

[image=http://www.tudorshoppe.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/kitchen_wench.jpg]
    Polly, the proprietor of The Mermaid Tavern & Inn

"I'm Polly young sir, the owner of this establishment. A few nights you say? Would you be wanting a private room or a place in a shared bed? A shared bed be 2 pence a night while a private room will cost you 6 pence."

Polly began to describe the amenties of the Mermaid.
    "Unlike other inns, we change our sheets and linens once a week both in the private rooms and the shared beds. The straw in the mattresses we renew every other month and place sweet smelling herbs within as well.

The price of the private room also includes a breakfast, while the shared bed does not. But a pence buys a filling breakfast. "

Polly's staff began to wait on the customers who now entered the tavern. Some customers drifted to the billard room while others began to light up their tobacco with the pipes provided.

Her employees kept busy delivering food and various drinks to the tables. Not only rum was a popular drink but brandy, ale, maderia , flip and punch.

The mixed aromas of tobacco, alcohol, tantlizing foods as oysters, beef, cabbage , baked apples and unwashed bodies filled the tavern and drifted out onto the street.

"So young sir, what would it be?"

[image=http://www.designsbywendy.com/img40.jpg]

Nan and Becka, are happy to wait upon you at the Mermaid Tavern

[image=http://www.slycreations.com/2002/wench_in_the_window.jpg]
    Rose,an indentured servant of the Mermaid

[image=http://www.thecostumegallery.com/catalog/images/Wench.jpg]
    Anne, an indentured servant of the Mermaid

[image=http://viastellarum.antville.org/static/viastellarum/images/wench01.jpg]
    Sally, a 'lady of the town' who frequents The Mermaid Tavern & Inn

Polly nodded to Anne to help the gents who were waving. Anne was a favorite with the customers. She had a way of walking - her hips moving back and forth that made the gentlemen drop their mouths in awe and admiration.

Polly also noticed that Sally had entered and was making her rounds, drumming up potential customers.

TAG: Welcome all! Liam Alexander and the customers of The Mermaid!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.