main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Pirates of the Caribbean III: At the World's End-- Now Accepting New Players!

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Jul 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    GM Approved

Pirate Sheet

Name: Maxwell Stevens
    Alias: Max
    Nationality: British
    Hair Color / Style: Medium length black hair tied back in a ponytail
    Eye Color: grayish-blue eyes
    Skin Color: Lightly tanned
    Clothing: Black pants and a rum stained shirt that used to be white. Black boots.
    Weapons: Two Hatchets and a small knife in his boot
    Home Town: London
    Bio / History: A heavyset man of 315 pounds, Max was orpaned as a child and grew up on the the streets. He developed a knack for pick-pocketing and stealing small items. When he was twelve, he was taken into custody for attempting to steal from the the governor's mansion. Pleading that he was too young to be sent to the gallows, Max talked his way out of imprisonment and instead worked as a servant for the governor. After a week he determined he hated it.

When he turned seventeen, Max ran away from the mansion and stowed away on a ship headed out to sea. He ended up in Tortuga, where he took on a enterainment job juggling knives and hatchets. He also developed a skill for making ale that could knock your knickers off. For years he made his money with juggling acts and ale making on the side, but now he longs for a change.

IC: Maxwell Stevens
    Mermaid Inn, Tortuga

Maxwell Stevens lumbered into the Mermaid Inn with a grin on his face. He'd had a good day, making more money with his juggling act than usual. His eyes made cursory glance around the establishment. When he spotted Polly, he waved and shouted a request.

"Hey Polly! Give me the biggest bottle o' rum ya got. And I want the good stuff!"

With a laugh, he sat down on one of the bar stools at the counter, the legs creaking under his weight. As he waited for his drink, he noticed there was the beginnings of a line at one of the tables. His eyebrow raised in curiousity. To no on in particular, he said softly, "What be goin' on over there?"

Tag: Polly, Gibbs (eventually), anyone else

2. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    IC: Murtogg and Mullroy

The two British soldiers bit into their biscuits as Worthington ate his food, almost choking on it at the very beginning...

"You know..." Murtogg said, "Perhaps wid, you know, the new officers and all, we'll be goin' out on missions an' all"

Mullroy bit tore another bite roughly from his biscuit. "Gawd I hope not. Why would you ya want ta be goin' out and riskin' yourlife an all."

"Bein' in the fort is borin'" Murtogg said. "Just sittin' here watchin' the time go by."

"Ya remember how it was last time ya idjot?" Mullroy said. "We almost got ourselves killed by demonic Pirates. Next time we might not be so lucky..."

"I thought it was excitin'" Murtogg said quitely. "Maybe our boy ol' Worthy will net some big prize with the uppity ups."

"He's probably smart an dunna wanna go on adventures." Mullroy said smuggly.

"Well Worthy?" Murtogg said, looking to the third soldier. "You wanna go on adventures or not?"

TAG: Dubya

[b]IC: Barbossa[/b]
    [i]Location: Room in the Seaspray Inn, Tortuga[/i]

Barbossa folded his arms as one of the Pirates, some tall brown fellow, asked the question he was waiting for...

[i] "If I may be askin', just who exactly are we going to the end of the earth for?"[/i]

Barbossa rolled his eyes. "A certain Pirate by the name of Jack Sparrow..." he said with a minimal enthusiam. "...Among other things. The fool got eaten by a seamonster, an' certain.... crewmembers.... wish ta see him back."

Barbossa took another bite of his apple.

"I do suspect though... that we will have a right bit of pirating along the way. Our route be a bit, special an' strange. An with exotic routes comes exotic loots, thas what me father used ta say."

The Pirate captain waited to see if anyone had anything else to say...

[b]TAG: [/b][b]Raynar, MissingNo, Watchman [/b]

3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Tia Dalma
    The Mermaid Inn and Tavern

Tia looked around the establishment, until she found the counter there. She walked over slowly towards the counter.

"I needs ta see ah-bout a-quire-er-ing ah room." she stated to the Innkeeper at the counter."Pri-vat dem needs be. You can do?" she asked the person behind the counter.

There was a woman behind the counter. That in itself was a good sign. Also, this Innkeeper didnt seem to explode into a million pieces, at the mere sight of her. Tia could approve of that. The woman turned to speak to her.

"Aye madam, we have a room that I think you will be to your taste and private it is.The proprietress is yonder in the tap room but I know her wishes...we have a private room on the second floor that is available for 6 pence a night and breakfast included...." Well! This woman understood the language to boot. The woman leaned over the counter and whispered .. "She says we females have to stick together?this bein a man?s world? .therefore 'that be the gentlemen price, but for us females it is five pence...come...let me take you up there and you be the judge if you like it..."

Tia smiled. She was liking this place much more already. And a meal to boot. At least she could get some sleep. And with what she needed to prepare before they left, she was sure she could do here.

Bess indicated for the woman to follow her up the stairs. Tia followed the woman, looking around as she did.

"Mistress Fitzgerald does pride herself in keeping a good inn and tasty victuals. I doubt not if such a finer inn exists anywhere in the Caribbean...." Tia realized the girl was rambling now, but that was fine. Never knew when certain bits of useful information decided to appear. "She doth have noble blood in her it is said and she hails from that city on the water...Venice..."

Tia tried not to snort. A city on the water. Sometimes, she didnt understand these strange English type people. But, perhaps, it was more like upriver. Silly people. She followed the woman to the door, and stopped when the girl turned back to her.

The woman took a key and opened the wooden door. "Will this be to your likin, Madame?" the girl asked her.

Tia looked into the room. She looked at the girl once again, and then back into the room. She slowly strolled inside. To say the room was spacious was an understatement. There was MORE than enough room for herself and her things...and half the crew on the ship as well. After being stuck onboard for awhile, this was... Tia turned to the woman.

"I'll be ah'taken dis room." she said, as she put down a small bag. She turned, looking around the room, before looking at the girl again. "It be plenty ah pri-vate for meh. Dem things comes ah-latter." she said smiling, as she pulled out her pouch. She walked over to the woman, prepared to pay her for the room, and to take the key. She was going to enjoy the room.

TAG: TheMaidofOrleans

OOC: WEEEEEEE

4. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    GM APPROVED:p

Name: Madeline (Matt) Warren
    Hair Color / Style: brown (reddish when the sun shines on it)
    Eye Color: blue-green
    Skin Color: fair
    Clothing: like Elizabeth Swann?s disguise in PotC2
    [image=http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/movieaddict/potc1.jpg]
    [image=http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/movieaddict/potc2.jpg]
    Weapons: a dagger in her left boot
    Home Town: a small town outside of London
    Bio / History:

Born to Alice and Harrith Warren, some unlucky workers outside of London, Madeline was a bookworm, always dreaming of faraway places. Her life was a hard life with her family hardly ever having enough to eat. Both her parents were working from dusk til dawn and yet they had nothing.
    When Madeline was 15 her father died and was shortly followed by her mother. All on her own, since none of her relatives were interested in having an additional mouth to feed, Madeline went to London looking for work.
    She ended up on the street, almost starving to death, if she hadnt gotten pretty good at stealing some food here and there. When a drunken soldier tried to rape her she decided life was better being a man.
    Passing as a man was easier than she anticipated. After she stole several pieces of clothes from different passed out drunks in the streets and cutting her hair very short, getting used to the male swagger, she finally wanted to start a new life. What better place to start than the brave new world across the atlantic.
    Hiring aboard a merchant vessel sailing towards the caribbean Matt (as she was from then on called) had to get used to horrible food, seasickness and disgustingly stinking and swearing sailors. But the worst was the hard work. Having the upper body strength of a kitten didnt help hoisting sails and dragging crates through the cargohold. She learned to love just sweeping the deck.
    When they finally reached the Caribbean Madeline had no problem passing as a sailor, havent gotten used to the hard labor, the swearing and the drinking. Though she was still a cheap drunk.
    It was a glorious sunny day with a cooling breeze when the ship finally arrived at Port Royale.

IC: Madeline ?Matt? Warren

Port Royale

Madeline had envisioned her arrival in Port Royale quite differently.
    Walking down the plank in glorious sunshine, being greeted by indiginous islanders with broad smiles and people giving her admiring looks.
    Instead she was sweating like a pig under the harsh caribbean sun, shouldering and dragging cargo from the ship to the dock. The sun was already setting and they still werent done unloading the merchant vessel she had come for a new life on. The heat was still sizzling although the glaring of the sun had diminished over the last few hours.
    Wiping the sweat of her face she took the time and drank some water. She almost spilled the whole flask when someone bumped into her.

?aye, we aint done yet...?

That said the sailor dropped a heavy bag on her shoulders and pushed her on the plank towards the dock.

Cursing under her breath she gritted her teeth and unloaded her heavy cargo on the pile on the dock.

Several hours later, the sun had already set and it was pitchblack if not for the lights at the dock and Madeline was finally done and released from her service. The captain had given her some money that she had earner for all her work aside from passage to Port Royale and sent her on her way.

Stumbling through unknown streets and alleys Madeline was lost. She didnt know what to do. So she did what she always did in such cases. She followed the noise...

...and found a cantina.

Tag: GM, Port Royale

5. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    IC: Gibbs

"Well lil' miss, where we be goin' be where th' wind takes us. As to th' ra', it can come so long as ye take care of it. If it be found by itself, itt'll likely end up in a stew!"

Gibbs turned to Will.

"Ok then young Will, why don't ya take the lil' one and your lass and check out the Toscata then. I have to be gettin' back to th' young man o'er there"

Gibbs turned back and went to the table.

"Sorry lad, Had some bussiness to take care of. Now tell me abou' yerself!" he said as he poured the lad a drink.

Tag: PR,Rats,NP,RougeAce7 anyone else in the Mermaid

6. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Rats Roberts - Tortuga, Mermaid Inn

As Rats reiterated her questions to Gibbs, Bobby clibmed back to her shoulder, as though he were also curious of the destination. Rats was disapointed in the answer.

"Well lil' miss, where we be goin' be where th' wind takes us. As to th' ra', it can come so long as ye take care of it. If it be found by itself, it'll likely end up in a stew!"

He then turned to Will.

"Ok then young Will, why don't ya take the lil' one and your lass and check out the Toscata then. I have to be gettin' back to th' young man o'er there"

Gibbs turned back and went to the table, leaving Rats with no more information than what she had to begin with. Thinking that maybe Elizabeth would have more answers as to where they were headed, she walked over to where she and the girl were.

"Maybe ya can tell me where we be off ta." she said to Elizabeth. Rats could feel that Bobby was getting ready to jump towards the other 'ladies' and she stroked the rat. "Behave, Bobby." she told the rat.

Tag: NP, Astril, Gibbs, or anyone else in the Mermaid

7. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    IC: John "Too-Tall" Ligdenburg
    The Seaspray Inn

"A certain Pirate by the name of Jack Sparrow... among other things. The fool got eaten by a seamonster, an' certain.... crewmembers.... wish ta see him back," the pirate captain replied.

Too-Tall nodded as a slight grin made its way to his visage. Jack Sparrow. He had heard a great deal of stories about the notorious pirate and former captain of the Black Pearl, some good, some bad, mostly strange. And now he'd been eaten by a seamonster. Not surprising, really. The only seamonster Too-Tall had ever heard of was one they called the Kraken, and even that was only in legends and myths. He wasn't sure if it was real or not, and he'd always taken the stories with a grain of salt. Something that could suck a ship beneath the ocean without effort seemed a bit surreal. Then again, when you sailed with Captain Jack Sparrow, things weren't always as they seemed. No, they were never as they seemed.

The pirate captain took another bite of his green apple.

"I do suspect though... that we will have a right bit of pirating along the way. Our route be a bit, special an' strange. An with exotic routes comes exotic loots, thas what me father used ta say."

Too-Tall had never been involved with anything interesting before, and he was sure that that would all change soon. He had nothing more to say, so he leaned back on the wall and waited for anyone else to speak up before they all left.

Tag: Seaspray folks

8. MissingNo

MissingNo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2006
    IC: Erika Carpter

Erika looked at Barbossa and asked: "Captain Barbossa, won't the British attempt to catch us? Won't Davy Jones try to get us? What plans do you have if the British or Davy Jones starts to chase us?" Erika thought that she had asked too many questions, but those question are important. After all, Davy Jones could use the Kraken or something else to get us. The British were trying to get rid of all pirates. What would happen if one or more of those things happened...?

TAG: Imperial_Hammer

9. LeiaHair

LeiaHair Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2003
    Auryn Britt
    Mermaid Tavern, Tortuga

?How fares it with you, Auryn Britt?? Polly asked as she approched Auryn's usual table.

A smile grew from ear to ear. "My dearest Polly, would you mind getting me a few pints, I be on my way to find me father! Tis the best news I've had in two years!" Then, with a wink, "And I pomise ye I won't be doin no fightin tonight!"

TAG: Polly

OOC: Sorry it's short, I have to get off for a few hours.

10. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: as Worthington
    Mess Hall

Worthington swallowed what he had in his mouth and said, "I wouldn't mind goin' on adventures. See the world, meet new people...including native women." He winked and elbowed Murtogg. He also glanced at Mullroy. "But what I really wanna do," he added, stuffing more food in his mouth, "is sink a ship full o' pirates." He clenched his teeth down on his roll and tugged at it with his hand, tearing the roll in half. "I hate pirates," he said with a mouthful of food.

TAG: Imperial_Hammer...

11. Jango313

Jango313 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2002
    IC: Erik Leroux

Leroux scribbled down Morgan's name and looked up at him.

"Well, you will want to go to the Seaspray Inn," Leroux answered. "That's where the Captain is. Tell him Le Loup sent you. Next in line, please!"

Leroux waited for the next man.

TAG: Nemesis, Eme, Bar

12. TheMaidofOrleans

TheMaidofOrleans Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2005
    IC: Polly Fitzgerald
    The Mermaid Inn & Tavern
    Tortuga

?That?s very good news,Auryn, very good indeed! I wish you good luck and God speed! I?ll send over a couple of pints to you. Glad to hear you won?t be engaging in any tussles, I?ve had to replace two chairs this month already.?

Polly patted Auryn?s hand and winked. Standing she made her way through the crowded tap room, indicating to Bess to fetch Auryn a couple of pints.

"Hey Polly! Give me the biggest bottle o' rum ya got. And I want the good stuff!"

Mr. Stevens waved at Polly through the crowd, calling out her name . She nodded and sidestepping and weaving through ladies and gents Polly answered Stevens as she drew near.

?Now you know Mr. Stevens I serve only the best rum in the Caribbean! And I?ll fetch you the biggest bottle I have.? Polly stepped around the bar, past Tom who was busy filling other orders and reached behind him for a bottle.
    Some of her customers liked to drink their rum directly from the bottle others in a tankard. Polly grabbed a tankard and the largest bottle of rum and made her way back to Mr. Stevens.

As Polly placed the tankard and rum before him she heard him say -
    "What be goin' on over there?"

The business woman leaned over and whispered back

?I do believe they are recruiting for a journey?rumor has it half way cross the world, even past Singapore?who knows--China??

I have heard that there is a notorious Chinese female pirate who has her own fleet no less!
    But that?s just a story I?ve heard a few years ago?

Their ship made port this day and I?m sure as soon as they take on supplies will be departing. Auryn Britt is going along in hopes of finding her father.

I?m sure it will be a grand adventure and who knows - perhaps a little money may be made at the same time!

Now, if you would excuse me, Mr Stevens, I noticed I have an overnight guest, I need to see if she is satisfied with her room.?

[image=http://www.darwincountry.org/assets/userfiles/medium/sy0514.jpg]

[image=http://www.metalsmith.org/gall/brown-d/tankard-10a.jpg]

Here be your rum and tankard, Mr Stevens

13. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    GM's OOC: Emperor's Protege, I am editting you post. GM controls time I'm afraid, and your jump to night at Port Royale is not apart of the gameplan, esp. since I have a full slate of British tags that haven't completed their storyline. If you wish to continue and enter the cantina during the day, let me know via PM and I can get your tag in during my next update

[b]IC: Barbossa[/b]
    [i]Location: Room, Seaspray[/i]

Barbossa eyed the tall man as he got his answer and remained silent. Guess that was enough for him. Good.

But another one, a woman this time, spoke out...

[i]"Captain Barbossa, won't the British attempt to catch us? Won't Davy Jones try to get us? What plans do you have if the British or Davy Jones starts to chase us?"[/i]

The Pirate smiled, then broke into a hearty laugh. What a foolish girl this one was!

"Aye, Missy." Barbossa said, taking a bite of his apple. "The British are quite a ways a way, and we be leaving in three days. The chances they be attacking are slim ta none. Bee, Davy Jones has no reason ta attack us either, if he even exists. Methinks ye been readin' one too many tall tales Miss."

The Pirate chuckled and leaned on his desk.

"Be there anything else?" he said sounding bored.

[b]TAG: [/b][b]Raynar, MissingNo, Watchman

[/b][hr]
    [b]IC: Murtogg and Mullroy[/b]
    [i]Location: Mess Hall, Port Royale[/i]

[b][/b]"Ooh I love those!" Murtogg said. "Haven't actually been on a ship thats sunked another, but it must be amazin'"

"I heard from Tawny Smitt that its unlike anything in the world" Murtogg said leaning in at the table. "Just the power of it all."

"I can imagine just seein' the other ship splinter inta pieces. Like toy boats almost."

"Must be a bugger havin' all those men in the water though. What do they do with those anyhow?"

"Prisioner maybe?" said Mullroy

"I think they shoot em dead in the water." whispered Murtogg. "No ships got that much room ta arrest a crew."

The two thought about it as Worthington finished his meal...

[b]TAG: Dubya[/b]

14. Eme-ma_Himou

Eme-ma_Himou Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2004
    IC: Teach

Ned Morgan? Relative of Thomas Morgan?

Captain Teach reflected on this for a second. Seaspray Inn he said? That sounds mighty good... Get to meet up with the Captain.

He still hadn't caught the name...

Matthew Teach got up from his lounged, leaning chair and walked out the door.

"Mr. Morgan," he called back, "I'd like to inquire about your lineage on the way down to the Seaspray."

TAG: Morgan, Loup, P&R

IC: Pintela ndRagetti (it was a typo, but I thought it funny)

Ragetti looked at Le Loup's diligently scribbling down what would seem to be Ned's name, with what seemed like envy. Reading and writing...

Pintel stood up, "'ould thehre be anyone wishing to join us on our said trip?"

TAG: Anyone left in the bar

15. Pheonix_Rising

Pheonix_Rising Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    OOC: You know...Pintel and Ragetti, they sound like types of spaghetti or something.

BiC: Will Turner

Will nodded to Gibbs, then turned back to his Fiance. "Elizabeth, I am going up the street to the Toscata, would you like to come with. Or will you stay here?" After he ge's his answer he turns around to see a man there.

"Okay, so this recruitment thing is going well. How can I help you?"

TAG: NP, Gibbs, RogueAce...others?

16. Eme-ma_Himou

Eme-ma_Himou Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2004
    Are you particularly hungry? [face_laugh]

17. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    IC: Elizabeth Swann

Elizabeth was in the middle of trying to learn more about Astril?s upbringing and sailing experience when Rats walked over, leaving the crew she?d been talking to behind.

"Maybe ya can tell me where we be off ta," Rats said.

Elizabeth motioned for her to come closer and lowered her voice so only Rats and Astril could hear. ?We are going to the edge of the map; to the end of the world,? she said conspiratorially. ?It promises to be an adventure like none other. And you are both welcome to join. It will be nice to have more women on the ship. Usually, I am the only one.?

She knew she should not be spreading the word about their quest, but this Rats woman was insistent.

Just then, Elizabeth heard Will?s voice and turn to listen. ? I am going up the street to the Toscata, would you like to come with. Or will you stay here?" he asked her.

She smiled. ?I?ll come with you.? But what to do with Rats and Astril? ?I?m sorry, but it appears I have some business to take care of at another tavern," she told them. "Many of the crewmembers are here; please stay and get to know them, and I will be back in a little while.?

TAG: Marna_Veign, Genimay, PR

18. TheMaidofOrleans

TheMaidofOrleans Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2005
    IC: Polly Fitzgerald
    The Mermaid

Supplying Mr Stevens with the latest gossip, Polly noticed a glint of interest in his eyes.
    Was Mr Stevens interested in signing aboard? Hmmmmm...

Glancing about the tap room everything and everyone seemed to be under control for the time. The excitement of possible work had the customers in a good mood and they were spending money freely.
    It would be a good night.

Wiping her hands upon her apron, Polly told Tom she would see to the new guest that had just arrived.
    Stepping from behind the bar, Polly waved to her other regular, the only doctor in town. Polly had been fortunate never to have to call upon him for his services for her employees or herself. The good doctor believed in too much bleeding...a cold...bleed him...a fever...bleeding...a case of the runs...bleed...that was the doctor's answer for EVERY ailment.

When any of them had been feeling poorly, Polly referred to the medical book upstairs in her own chamber. It was in her native tongue, Italian, and was illustrated with drawings of the human body by the master himself, Leonardo Da Vinci. Her books were her greatest treasures and Polly kept them in her room. So between the medical book and the herbs she grew in the back yard, Polly kept her people and herself relatively healthy.

Polly stopped by the desk to inquire of Bess the room number of their overnight guest.
    "And the other trade?"

"Brisk, very brisk tonight."

Polly's hand trailed the oak banister as she made her way up the stairs. A gentleman was coming down, buttoning his knickers, his shirt hanging out. He almost stumbled, full of gin and caught himself, leaning against the wall.

...and they think alcohol enhances....ha!

Reaching the top of the stairs, Polly turned left down the corridor to the more spacious and grander overnight rooms. Room number 7...

Polly knocked on the door and waited for a response, hearing steps approaching. Before the door opened a man attracted her attention down the hall and Polly raised her voice. If necessary Polly could sound as if she were a banshee calling out upon the moors.

"Hey! There be none of that! The necessary is downstairs and out the back door or there are chamber pots in the rooms. Button up before I toss you out the closest 2nd floor window!"

Clearly the man was three sheets to the wind and had no idea where he was. He did hear Polly's voice admonishing him and he thought better. He grumbled and nodded and stumbled down the stairs. Polly shook her head...he had forgotten something. Laughter downstairs comfirmed others had noticed as well.

The door opened and Polly smiled.
    "Good evening mam, I'm the proprietor of this establishment, Polly is my name. Are you satisfied with your room?" Polly's eyes scanned the dark skinned woman taking in her hair, seeing the bits of bone intertwined and the various items she wore about herself and Polly lowered her voice.
    "You are a practioner of Vodun, the West African religion?"

TAG: Tia

19. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    Maxwell Stevens
    The Mermaid Inn, Tortuga

Polly answered Max as she drew near.

"Now you know Mr. Stevens I serve only the best rum in the Caribbean! And I'll fetch you the biggest bottle I have." Polly stepped around the bar, past Tom who was busy filling other orders and reached behind him for a bottle. Some of her customers liked to drink their rum directly from the bottle others in a tankard. Polly grabbed a tankard and the largest bottle of rum and made her way back to Mr. Stevens.

As Polly placed the tankard and rum before him she heard him say -
    "What be goin' on over there?"

The business woman leaned over and whispered back.

"I do believe they are recruiting for a journey...rumor has it half way cross the world, even past Singapore...who knows--China?? I have heard that there is a notorious Chinese female pirate who has her own fleet no less! But that's just a story I've heard a few years ago...

Their ship made port this day and I'm sure as soon as they take on supplies will be departing. Auryn Britt is going along in hopes of finding her father.

I'm sure it will be a grand adventure and who knows - perhaps a little money may be made at the same time!

Now, if you would excuse me, Mr. Stevens, I noticed I have an overnight guest, I need to see if she is satisfied with her room."

Recruiting for a journey, eh? Well that sounded interesting. And they were going half-way around the world? Max was definitely intrigued. He just might have found the change for his life. His chance to do something new and exciting. He nodded to Polly while taking a swig from the rum bottle as she left to check on her guest.

Max glanced over his shoulder again at Gibbs. He took another drink from his bottle and stood up, leaving the tankard unused. He walked over slowly, the floor boards creaking beneath his weight. He hadn't been out at sea since he'd first left London all those years ago, but he had plenty of other talents to make up for it.

Seeing that another man was being interviewed, he waited nearby until his turn.

Tag: Gibbs

20. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Pat Guiness
    Tortuga

Pat hurrily scrawled his name on the sheet, and looked around the Tavern. He needed to get recruiting as well...but...not here. The Mermaid was pretty well off in the recruiter department. He'd have to try elsewhere.

Pat was not a big man, he'd never been that way. He was nimble, quick, and smart. He planned ahead, even if he was too drunk to know it. He was a skilled fighter, more so drunk, because, when you're drunk, you forget about pain, you forget about consequences, you forget about the impossible odds, you just fight. Mind over Matter he'd always said, if your brain doesn't say 'This is stupid, don't do it you twit.' then your body has no reason to not do it. No reason to fail.

Little did he know that, as he walked from the tavern, a slight swagger in his step, the very idea was about to be tested.

And, the idea would get him into it, because, he knew a shortcut to where he was going. Down a dark ally, blocked from the setting sun that even on the brightest of evenings made it impossible to distinguish shadow from shadow. An Alley that, had he been sober, he would have NEVER thought of going down. But, his mind just said, 'Why Not?'

Tag: None

21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Tia Dalma
    The Mermaid Inn, Room 7

After the woman had left the room, Tia put down her things, and explored. As she did, she smiled. It was perfect. Space and room, and more importantly, ALONE. She would not have to hear the snoring of nearby shipmates.

Tia moved over to sit on the bed, enjoying how comfortable it felt, when there was a knock on the door. She sighed. 'em be by me-self, an al-ready got visitors...' she mumored softly as she went over and answered the door.
    Tia opened the door and noticed a woman was standing there. The woman smiled.

"Good evening mam, I'm the proprietor of this establishment, Polly is my name. Are you satisfied with your room?" Tia was quick to notice just how fast the one called Polly, looked her over. Before she could reply, the woman lowered her voice.

"You are a practioner of Vodun, the West African religion?"

Tia burst out into a gale of laughter. As she tried to stop laughing, she wipped her eyes. "Da room, be to me-likings." Tia paused, shaking her head. "Ah as far as them other thins.." Tia gave a wink. "Me pra-tice ah great many thins. Not worry. Ya place be well pro-tec-ted." Tia gave another grin, chuckling. These people from far away were interesting to deal with. She remembered something the other woman had told her, and so now she leaned back over towards the one called Polly.

"Me hear that ya comes from a city on the waters? That be true?" she asked, curious.

TAG: Polly

22. RogueAce7

RogueAce7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2004
    IC: Liam Alexander

Mermaid Tavern

Finally, the man Liam had been waiting on to talk to turned around, and spoke, "Okay, so this recruitment thing is going well. How can I help you?"

Liam stopped short--the man looked familiar. He knew they had never met in person, but nevertheless...from a story, perhaps? Maybe from his militaristic father?

"Ah, um...yes. I see that you are looking for a crew for your journey, and I'm interested." He paused. "I know you probably don't wish to reveal all of the information of the trip to me, and that's fine. I just want to get busy and set sail for wherever your destination is." Liam blinked. Well, that sounded somewhat dumb.

He moved a tad bit to the left, and this man's companion came into view. Instantly, Liam recalled who the man was--and his companion. Will Turner, the one his father had told him about. He and one other man, Jack Sparrow, had stolen a ship of the fleet by themselves, and gotten away clean. And the woman--Elizabeth Swann. He didn't know as much about her; just that she had helped Sparrow escape the noose on the day of his scheduled execution. Liam's father had told him the story many times before he left home.

"Two men, stealing a ship of the fleet, and escaping without firing a shot of their own or bloodying their swords," he had said. "A humiliation, it was, to the military. Disgraceful." His father would go on and on about it, muttering about the incompetence of some soldiers and their superiors. That militaristic, know-it-all attitude had been part of the reason Liam had left home.

Ironic, he thought. Maybe it was fate that led Liam to Turner.

He would see in due time, hopefully.

Tag: PR, NP, others

23. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Pat Guiness
    Dark Alley, Tortuga

Pat sauntered down the alley with a slight swagger in his step. As he staggered down the walk, he got the pit of the gut feeling of impending doom. That same feeling he had gotten last time he'd been down this alley, right after he...

Oh, THAT was why he never walked this way sober. This is where "Scurvy" Jones and his vile gang of Felonius Fiends hung.

Why was he afraid of them again?

"Well, ifsh it ishn't Pat Guinesh. You Sheating Bashtard." A lisping voice came from behind him. That would be Jones. Pat turned to look at the man, whose flamboyant shirt, a tan number with lots of lace, greatly contransted the man's appearence. He didn't get the name "Scurvy" because he had a contemptible personality.

His hair had all but fallen out, and it seemed that since Pat had seen him last, more chunks of the black mane had come off. His entire skin was pale, unusual to see in these waters, but since he had spent the better part of a year hidding away in this dark alley, it wasn't that odd. His skin was also covered in livid spots, a tell-tale sign of Scurvy. He was missing teeth, which resulted in the lisp (or atleast he says, many are convinced he had one to begin with.), and the remaining teeth all seemed loose and were covered in blood. Blood dribbled from his nose and ears, and various spots on his skin. But, most terrifing of all, was the rusty cutlass in his hand.

His crew, who Pat knew were waiting in the shadows as well, didn't differ much in appearence from their master, yet none had as of yet developed a lisp, pointing again to the theory stated above.

"Yoush got alot o' gutsh commin' back har' Patty. Eshpeshially ashteryou sheated me out of my lash bit o' treshure." Jones said to him, spraying a bit of bloody saliva on the Pat.
    "I'm sorry, coul' ya say tha' again. I didn' quite catch tha' las' bit." Pat said with a forced grin, as he swayed abit and stumbled just enough to keep his balance.
    "Yoush know what I shaid. Shop playin' gamesh wish me Guinesh. Yoush'll be a dead man thish night."

If Pat recalled, this all stemmed back to a few weeks ago, when Pat had challenged Jones to a game of chance. Pat, being lucky and all, had won in a fair match of dice, but Jones didn't see it that way. Partly, because Jones was using, albeit poorly, loaded dice, and thought that he should have won. And, he vowed to get back his gold...at which point Pat got hazy, but did remember waking up with a handful of strange black hair, which he now figuered would fit nicely into that new bald spot on Jones' head.

Pat's hand when to his own cutlass' handle, which sat neatly on his left hip. His cutlass was far superior to that of the one wielded by Jones, and far more expensive. It was a gift, from the Captain of the Lesser upon his departure from the ship. It was light wieght, but stronger than any he'd ever seen. It's handle was similar to the basket hilted ones used on Rapiers and the like. He was good with it, fast and well adjusted to the wieght. His strikes found their mark everytime, even against a skilled swordsman.

Of course, that was in the daylight...when he was closer to sober.

Jones lunged at his left shoulder, and Pat spun away at the last minute, drawing his cutlass and dragging it across the man's wrist as he went. He ended just short of a full rotation, so that he could continue facing Jones from his current possition. It wasn't needed.

Jones had dropped the weapon, and was clutching his wrist. It wouldn't be long before the man bled out if he didn't get a bandage on the wound soon. And knowing Jones, it wasn't very likely it would.

Jones was a resillient man, but a wound like that made his stop and think. Wonder if it really was worth the seven peices he'd lost.

His men seemed to think so, as they stepped out of the shadows, forming a circle around Pat and Jones, their own cutlasses and rapiers drawn.

The first to attack was directly across from Pat, and he came down with a short rapier in a heavy overhead strike. Pat lif

24. LeiaHair

LeiaHair Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2003
    Auryn Britt
    Mermaid Tavern, Tortuga

Auryn slammed her empty glass on the table. Three other empty glasses and a full one sat around it.

Auryn was getting drunk... she was actually a small person, even though she seemed rather tall. And most people knew she couldn't hold her alcohol for anything. Quickly, she stood up, her full cup in hand.

"Pints for all ye in this here essshablisssh *hic* ment. On me bill." Her long black hair cascaded down her back. Some of the regulars snickered at her, remembering that she was supposedly crazy.

TAG: All in Mermaid

25. Master_Burhead

Master_Burhead Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 1, 2005
    GM Approved

Name: Jack
    Alias: Big Fist (Nick Name)
    Hair Color / Style: Long near his shoulders no more, brown
    Eye Color: Black
    Skin Color: Tanned
    Clothing: Brown pants, with a white shirt and faded red jacket and a pirate?s hat.
    Weapons: 1 cutlass, 2 pistols, 1 sea knife
    Home Town: Tortuga (so he says)
    Bio / History:
    When he was born his father was off pirating and left him and his mother in the pirate town of Tortuga with his friend to watch over him. As Matt grew older he begins to wonder where his father was as he had no one as his mother was soon killed when he was the age of 14.

Soon after that he began serving on fishing boats hoping one day he could find his missing dad. When he was age twenty he joined his first big ocean boat after doing that for two years he did odd jobs until age twenty-four. Finally at age twenty-five he decided pirating was what he wanted and so once he heard news of a pirate ship searchin for a crew pulled into harbor he decided it was it time to join in on a fun and adventures life of pirating.

Note: I've edited the above a little took out my character's last name just didn't sound right :)

IC: Jack "Big Fist"
    Mermaid Tavern, Tortuga

He had spent most of his days wondering around this scum bag of a city, getting beat up time and again, losing food and rum from looters, getting very bad cuts and such from bar fights, the sort you expect from a pirate town. Through his years he had grown accustomed to fights and such and have proven to various would be thugs he has more fight in him then it appears.

Setting in chair waiting on his drink, he saw a couple come in a lady, and he saw various comers and goers go over there and talk not sure who or what this lady was looking for. After draining the rum he smashed the glass over the barman's head and proceeded to walk at when a pirate came running at him with a knife drawn, without thinking he drew his sword and advanced with it in a defensive position. He was about to move in for the attack when another man started a fight with him. Seeing as it wasn't worth the effort he put back his sword and walked over to the lady.

After getting there he kneeled and took her and kissed it slightly before saying, "Hello Miss, I see ye are bringin in a lot of these beggars. What is it exactly ye are lookin for? If ye are searchin for a crew I'd be willin to lead your Cap?n a hand for his ship. If ye an't lookin for crew what exactly brings ye here to this scum bag of a city Miss?" After he concluded his speech he pulled out a chair and rested on it waiting of her reply.

Tag: NP, anyone and everyone

OOC: This is my first RPG here in awhile so I hope it's a good opener.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.