main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Pirates of the Caribbean

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by sideshow212, Jul 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I believe you, the site is what says you're lying. Go ping attack it :p

We're you able to get times ? I'm here at work and can't call.

2. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    no, but i will call tomorrow on my lunch break if it still isn't on the site...

3. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    [face_laugh] Nice Icon Matey! :p

4. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    disney's auctioning off movie props and costumes from "pirates" on ebay. the most expensive things so far are - big surprise - johnny depp's breeches and vest, at near $2k each. yow.

void, get this: they're also auctioning off one of the boats from the ride!!! HOW COOL IS THAT? i mean, you could put it in your living room, charge people to take pictures by it... ;)

here's the link if anyone wants to take a peek: http://search-cache.ebay.com/m2p/disney0107.html

5. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    I have too much stuff in there already :)

I was able to pull up some showtimes today, though the main page still lists T3 on the big screen for some reason. There is a 1830, 1930, then 2230 showing. I'm not sure which ones are on the big screen, but it looks like 1930 either way.

EDIT

Hey....CNN has a positive of the movie up here There are some minor spoilers but nothing too much past what's shown in the full trailer.

6. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Ok the movie rocked! The action/fighting scenes were awesome. I really enjoyed all the fencing scenes. Not only were they really good but they were extremely creative. Orlando was smoking hot!!! MEOW! Johnny was amazing. And it was hilarious! Tons of references to the actual ride. I was impressed to hear other people actually cheering, clapping, and laughing when they recognized them as well. Nothing better than going to a Disney movie with tons of true Disney fans. ARGH MATEY! :p

I will definately be going to see it again. The El Capitan theatre (which is Disney owned) is having showings of it with lots of movie props and memorabilia at the showing, entertainment, etc. I have info about tickets and showing times if anyone wants to do that while they are here for Comic Con.

The movie started a whole hour late because we had to be searched. We are talking metal detector wand, etc. They were EXTREMELY wary of recording devices. They also monitored the entire movie. I guess they are tired of all the bootleg pirating going on. :p

Oh and they FINALLY showed a FULL ad for the Haunted Mansion. Eddie Murphy and his family get the house without realizing it's haunted. Normally I haven't enjoyed anything he has done in a long time, but the previews actually looked good. Can't wait for that one. Just wondering why it's opening at Thanksgiving and not Halloween though????

Oh and as for Disneyland, I just found out that Duran Duran (who have reformed with original band members) will be having a show Tues at the Roxy. I have been dying to see them together again. I can't decide what to do now... hmmm....

7. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Thanks Princess

Brat :p

8. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Hey you said you wanted a review! :p

Seriously though, I just went to check out the ebay auction and I am sick at how much things are. I wanted something from Orlando's costume and they only had two things, one was a belt and one was a piece of fabric tied in Orlando's hair and it's like $300 bucks.

Argh Argh Argh.

9. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    ok, lets go for the 1930(7:30pm) showing...

and from what i can discern from the showtimes, it looks like pirates is on olny one screen, and T3 has more than one. there are showtimes for T3 within 50 minutes of each other. so in and of itself it's not proof that pirates is on the big screen, it is a good sign. that and when i called the chic said it would be, but you never know! ;)

10. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Cine Capri, right?

11. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Yub yub

12. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    I'm getting psyched up!!!!!

13. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Where the hecks the Orlando icon?? :mad:

14. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    Have fun, y'all. For my last night in Philly, Jen Bobbie and I are going to see it.

Yeah for Johnny Depp in eyeliner!! [face_devil]

15. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Here's a link to the showing I was talking about...You can open it and see the entire flyer that I received in the mail with all the details. It's pretty cool. Plus it gives all the info for ordering tickets:

http://cms.disney.go.com/disneypictures/el_capitan/

16. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    wow! what a great movie! i loved it! johnny depp's character totally made the movie!
    definately a keeper...

sorry to those who didn't make it (read: just about everyone), it sold out really fast!
    it wasn't on the cine capri screen anyways, they still had T3, so i was misinformed there...
    oh well, i am up for seeing it again, if anyone would like to catch it later...

17. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    We caught it at Mills, it rocked :)

I'm definately up for it again.

No cliche, no plot holes that I could find, solid characters and acting....it was great. Mick kept hushing me at every small reference to the ride, I loved it.

The trailer for haunted mansion was great too. I loved the Thurl Ravenscroft statue they had come around the corner for a second.

18. chickey

chickey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2002
    I gotta chime in here ;-)

Captain Jack Sparrow = best movie pirate EVER ;-)

such a fun movie, it replaced 2 fast 2 furious as my most enjoyable movie this summer.

"If you see only one undead zombie pirate movie this summer, see Pirates of the Carribean."

19. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Good to see you Chickey

20. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    how about an encore viewing?

say, tomorrow, friday the 11th? at 2020hrs?

this time at azmills... :)

whos in?

21. jupitertronic

Feb 10, 2002
    i'll be there.

edit: yep, i figured if i said to update the title of the topic it'd already be done by the time my post went through. *rips out the heart of aol dial up*

22. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Sorry man, we have to clean this week and can't make it.

23. jupitertronic

Feb 10, 2002
    no love. ;(

you can't escape me tomorrow, void. :p

and um... bump. just in case someone who wants to go didn't get to see the thread.

24. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    In a rare chance for OW and Mrs OW to see a movie without a toddler, we got to see a late nigt viewing of this last night. I was impressed and the Mrs liked it to. :)

I always have liked the swashbuckling, swordfighting and snappy comback fighting/deuls and this did not dissapoint. Lotsa fun and a must-rent/buy on DVD.

25. jupitertronic

Feb 10, 2002
    yup, i was really impressed, too, which is saying a lot, cause i had pretty high hopes. it's the first movie i'm eager to go see more than once since chamber of secrets came out.

well done, disney, well done. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.