main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA Pirates of the Caribbean

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Réka, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    Anybody up for a Wednesday night movie viewing? I'm a sucker for anything in costumes, and Pirates is my favorite Disney ride, so I really, really want to see this movie. (Which may not be a good thing, but whatever.) And watching movies alone sucks.

Couldn't find any showtime info yet, but I'm sure that'll change soon. I was thinking of Camarillo, since that's fairly centrally located, but Thousand Oaks would be good, too.

Soo... anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

2. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    Well, It would all depend. If it is in TO I could probably get a ride, but if it's in Camarillo, I would need to carpool or something because if the movie is at midnight or something, my grandparents will be annoyed. My mom would take me, but she is going to Laughland, so that won't work.

3. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    I'm already going to one. :/

I'm going to the El Capitan theater at 4:20pm Wednesday. You're all welcome to join there. :)

4. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    I'd like to go, but it would really depend on the time. I'd like it if it were closer OR if we were all to carpool somewhere, since I'm not sure I have a car tomorrow night and I don't like driving after dark, when possible.

That being said, I really do want to see this!

5. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    A carpool would be fun...

6. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    I really, really wish the theaters would post showtimes for tomorrow. So far, all I've found is the Edwards in Camarillo, which will have exactly one evening showing, at 9:00 p.m. [face_plain]

Some sort of carpool could certainly be arranged, but I don't see how I could do both Westlake and Ventura... that's a lot of driving for a weeknight. Maybe... Keiran, if someone could drop you off at my house (in Newbury Park), then we could drive out to Ventura, pick up GentleBant, and then watch the movie in Ventura? (Assuming we find a workable showtime at a Ventura theater.) If needed, I could take you all the way home, although it would be nicer if someone could pick you up from my house.

YJ, I have one thing to say to you: Hmph.

7. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    I could most likely manage a ride. :)

8. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    News flash: In addition to tomorrow, I'm seeing it at 12am tonight at Edward's in Camarillo, and again, all are welcome. :)

9. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Here are the times for tomorrow at Edwards in Camarillo, according to Moviefone:

. Edwards Camarillo Palace 12
    680 Ventura Blvd, Camarillo,

11:15am | 2:30pm | 5:45pm | 9:00pm

10. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    It's listed under today.

11. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    That's why I never use Moviefone.

12. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Agreed.

Fandango.

13. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    Yes, that's what's on Yahoo, too. Exactly one evening showing, plus a few matinees. Work and matinees don't get on too well together, ya know?

GentleBant, what are the theaters in Ventura? Do you know which one will be showing Pirates, and when?

14. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Grim Fandango = Great Game

15. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Off topic = you.

16. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Well, not really. You brought up Fandango.

17. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Fandango.com, not Grim Fandango.

So, my statement stands.

18. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Well, I had no idea you were referring to Fandango.com. So ha.

19. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Well then, tell me how in the world Grim Fandango had anything even remotely related to what we were talking about...and how it went at the end of that post.

If you come up with a sufficiently good answer, I'll agree.

20. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Well, Grim Fandango was made by LucasArts, and it is an adventure game. LucasArts is also responsible for the excellent edventure games Monkey Isle and Return to Monkey Isle, which are about pirates. The island that these two games take place on, is implied to be located in the Caribbean. :D

21. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    That was the only connection I could think of too, but I never thought in a bazillion years you've played the Monkey Island games.

Bah. I agree.

22. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Heh, judge me will you.

23. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Sorry I missed this conversation completely last night..

I have no idea what the show times are.

I may have the car, but I won't be available until after 7:00, and I can't stay out late.

Boy, am I the life of the party or what?

24. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Do you know of any movie theaters around your house GB? I can check the LA Times for the schedule, I just need the name of the theater. :)

25. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    All right, here are the options I can come up with.

(1a) Keiran gets a ride to my house. Then we go to the Century Ventura 16 theater on Elba St., aiming for the 7:45 p.m. showing. Hopefully, this is close enough for GentleBant to either drive, get a ride from her husband, or -better yet- simply drag her husband along; or if all else fails, we can pick her up at her house (although I don't know where the new place is).

(1b) Same as 1a, only we go to the 8:35 showing at the Century 10 Ventura Downtown on Main St. instead.

(2) Keiran gets a ride to my house. Then we go to the Edwards Camarillo 12 theater, aiming for the 9:00 p.m. showing. GentleBant gets a ride or drives to the same theater. The problem with this option is the late showtime.

(3) Keiran and I show up for the 7:30 showing at the Mann Janss Marketplace 9 theater. This option would probably exclude GentleBant altogether, and is therefore not terribly desirable.

Keiran and especially GentleBant, please let me know ASAP whether any of these plans will work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.