main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Anakin_Skywalker_X, Jul 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2002
    [image=http://images3.fotki.com/v30/photos/4/42811/150029/Pirates-vi.jpg]

:eek: Ok, I have been looking forward to this movie more then any other movie this summer and it definitely did not disappoint! I know I will be spending a lot of money seeing this a few times because it is very refreshing from all these crapy movies and disappointments that have been coming out lately. Johnny Depp has never ceases to amaze me in anything he has done from Edward scissor hands to Fear and Loathing he makes every character incredibly different, and has done it again as Capt. Jack Sparrow. He turned out to not be the suave stud of a pirate he was portrayed as in the trailers and commercials, but instead he was more of an insane comedic personality (witch I loved!), but don?t fret he is still is a Billy-bad-ass when he fights and he eventually turns back into the suave stud of a Pirate that we all like to see at the end and when you see it you will know why [face_mischief] ; Its perfectly done to the point worth clapping and I have not clapped at a movie as many times, as I did in this one, in my life. (Well actually, in Jay in Silent Bob Strike Back I clapped to the point my hands were almost bleeding, but other then that one [face_mischief])

Not to mention the comedic timing on this movie and the jokes were very funny, it defiantly holds the ability to keep you laughing at all its puns. And if you go to Disneyland often, or have gone to it recently, there are like 8 references to the ride, it self, in there.

The cool thing, was before I went to the movie I had to visit my seamstress to get fitted for my cloak, and I scheduled her to make my Jack Sparrow costume and she is going to see it tomorrow to see what she has to do. It will be used for the Renaissance Fair next year wwwhooooo!!! :D

Any way if you haven?t herd about this movie or have not seen a preview for it yet then go here: Pirates Of The Caribbean and I am sure you will be in the theater in like a matter of like 2 days. [face_love]

2. Rachel_Moonstar

Rachel_Moonstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2003
    Well this looks like this is going to be the first thing I do when I get up tomorrow. :)

3. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    THAT MOVIE WAS THE BEST MOVIE I HAVE SEEN ALL YEAR!!!!!!!!!! I cant believe it was that good, I knew it was going to be ok but this was completly amazing!!!!!!!!!!! "Will Turner"-Bloom has been in several things but for the life of me I cant think of what anybody know? That girl looked alot like Padme I know it wasen't but she does have a lot of the same feautures! Anyway I am still in shock and I cant wait to go see it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    ummm...Andrea....Bloom is Legolas from LOTR....but you knew that right ;)
    and Kiera Knightly(the chick) is an upcoming actress...she was last in the indie hit "Bend it Like Beckham."

I Can't WAIT to go see this movie, but I have to wait till tomorrow :( (someone needs to get his lazy arse up here :D....)An-e-ways, I'm stoked about LXG tomorrow!

5. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    That girl looked alot like Padme I know it wasen't but she does have a lot of the same feautures!

Maybe 'cause "the chick", Kiera Knightly, played Queen Amidala's decoy in TPM. [face_plain]

EDIT: And yes, the movie was awesome :D

6. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    [face_laugh] Yeah, that mite have had somthing to do with it!

7. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

8. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    Double post there Ani?

9. Rachel_Moonstar

Apr 9, 2003
    Ok that movie did kick some serious arse. :)

10. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Movie . . ruled!! Must. .see .again!

"That dog's never going to move"
    HA!

11. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    OMG!!!!
    that movie was SOOOOOOOOOO increadible! I HAVE to go see that at LEAST 20 more times! You know, with every picture Johnny Depp cements himself as one of my favorite actors... just a little bit of trivia here...did you know that Depp crossed Pepe Le Peu and Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards to make the accent of Captain Jack Sparrow.....I saw that on the news today...explains a lot doesn't it? I really enjoyed the movie, and I enjoyed Johnny Depp even more!

12. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Yes! Yes! Saw it again with Court, still rocks, going to see it again tomorrow for sure!!! :D And planning on taking a FF trip to see it all together after con!!! LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! [face_love]

13. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Sign me up if you go see it again! I've only seen it twice. Shoulda saw it again instead of LXG last weekend.

14. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Bye the way did anyone happen to stay tell the credits were over? YEAH GO FOR IT MONKY GO!

15. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    THAT MOVIE ROCKED!! I laughed so hard when I saw the dog and the jail... Also when they started attacking the fort... I guess the director's been to Disneyland a few times.. ;)

And I LOVED the special effects.. the moving in and out of the light in the cave was GREAT!

Johnny Depp was awesome.. he made me laugh the entire movie... And of course Orlando was still hot. :p

16. Rachel_Moonstar

Apr 9, 2003
    I must see this again. Must I tell you. 8-}

17. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    yeah...saw it yet again...cannot stop singing the movies(Johnny Depp's) praises...and did anyone see Jack take the treasure at the end) ;)
    ahhhh wonderful movie...I agree w/ Birdman...LXG sucked...waste of time... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.