main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Non Star Wars Pirates Of The Carribean

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Tiniwiel_Skywalker, Aug 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Siri

Jedi-Siri Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2004
    I'm sure someone will have a car while at C4 we could carpool in. We could all pitch in and pay for the parking. I wouldn't want to pass up the oppertunity to see the movie in such an awesome setting and with other SW fans in Pirates costumes.

2. darthdefyitall

darthdefyitall Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2005
    No doubt. It's not tough to get there. You could even charter a shuttle van or something. I just wanted to let out-of-towners know it's not like within walking distance or anything.

Just make sure you guys stay on top of getting tickets. I think they sold out for Pirates 2 in something ridiculous like 15 minutes.

EDIT: Per JedHead's request, here's the link to the El Cap ticket page.

Click on Future Schedules, the middle link, and then use the drop down menu to navigate to May 2007.

3. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Thanks for doing that. As for me, I'll be driving to C4, since I'm coming from San Francisco. It looks like opening weekend's not available yet, so everyone, keep checking!

4. Jedi-Siri

May 22, 2004
    How much do the tickets usually run?

5. darthdefyitall

darthdefyitall Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2005
    Looks like about 12 dollars.

6. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Is that for regular, or VIP. I forgot. I know stuff like the souvenir popcorn tubs, and stuff from the store will be extra $.

7. Maulested

Maulested Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    vip tickets are about $20- $25. you get a large popcord tub, a drink and decent seats. i went and saw dmc twice and also went to the premier of cars. just awesome. i'm so going for potc3. it does suck though because once they get to a point, they don't let you pick your seats. when i went to see nightmare before christmas, there were a good number of open seats, but my friend and i got stuck up in the front. but that just meant that we could make requests for the organ player. : )

dude, i just finished my conversion of a disneyland tia dalma locket into something half way decent.... rad! anyone else seen the necklace at the resort? it's a pretty decent piece.

8. Orliaan-Nabberie

Orliaan-Nabberie Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2005
    Congrats! :)
    Gonna go to Disneyland in March... *is excited* [face_dancing]

A bit random, but this fabric might work for Eliz's gold dress. It's pretty pricey ($27.19/yard), but probably worth it.

http://www.iluvfabrix.com/products/printfabric/6047/1/

EDIT - wait; I'm sorry. It's $25.83/yard; extra discount.

9. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Has anyone contacted El Capitan to see if they know approximately when the tickets will go on sale? Just curious. I hope not to miss out on this one!

Regards,
    M.

10. Lady_Eirtae

Lady_Eirtae Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2005
    I don't know when but I am guessing it will be probably not until March or something. They wouldn't do it TOO early. Though this is different.

Getting a group together will be a lot of fun! And there was a ton of Pirate mania out there last summer, even before the movie was out!

11. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31212

Promo pictures from Pirates 3. I love Kiara's costume!

12. Lady_Eirtae

Jun 16, 2005
    Awesome! Though I don't know how I feel about her costume.

13. Jedi-Siri

May 22, 2004
    With the trailier now up I was reminded of how fast the movie and Celebration is coming up. I was just wondering if anyone was still planning on going to see the movie in a group? If so, which day should we go? I'd prefer not to go to the midnight showing since I'm coming from the East coast and I have a Rebel Legion photo at 7:30 the next morning, so I was thinking Friday night? I'm not sure what the 501st is planning though and I don't want conflicts.

14. SWCostumer

SWCostumer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 31, 2005
    I know that the 2 people I am traveling with are staying until the Wednesday after the convention. So we are going to try to get tickets for a Tuesday evening showing. We are even moving hotels to the Best Western on Highland which is about 2-3 blocks away from the El Capitan so we can walk to the movie.

15. Lady_Eirtae

Jun 16, 2005
    That seems a good idea.

How far is the theater from the convention center?

16. Jedi-Siri

May 22, 2004
    El Cap is in downtown Holloywood. Right in the middle of the action. I'm not exactly sure where the convention is but if you find out you can estimate.

I got put on the waiting list to be notified when tickets go on sale. I asked for Friday night. I'm going to be there until Wednesday but on Tuesday I'm going to Disneyland, so I want to be fresh and ready to go for Disney. :)

17. Orliaan-Nabberie

Dec 17, 2005
    Quick question -- In the Plum Dress, what (just as a guess) is the shape of the black under-bodice's neckline? In all the pics of the dress I've seen, the black lace tapers at the shoulders and disappears at the back, so I'm guessing the neckline's much wider than the outer gown.

Suggestions?

18. a-tastic

a-tastic Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2005
    Maggie has an awesome description of the gown here:
    http://www.costumersguide.com/pirates_plum.shtml

19. Orliaan-Nabberie

Dec 17, 2005
    Neat; thanks!

(I'm actually going as per parts of her Making-Of; it's been very helpful!)

After looking back at a few pics, I think it's just off-the-shoulder and has a lower back than the burgundy bodice.

Thanks for the help, though. :)

20. Maulested

Jul 10, 2005
    i really like elizabeth's chinese pirate wedding outfit. lol- who's the queen now! that would make a very funny lizzie-dala costume.

i just finished making the pattern for her chinese pirate outfit. haven't gotten to the leather... still have to work on my civ original amidala and that's actually for a class! that whole week's going to be really funny for me. it's finals week. but i am going to the premier in hollywood at the el capitan! : )

they just listed the 24th and 25th!!! no tickets or event info listed yet!! grrr..

21. Miba

Miba Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2004

http://www.starwarsdotcom.com/miba/pirate1.jpg
    http://www.starwarsdotcom.com/miba/pirate2.jpg

My pirate costume! Great movie, btw!

22. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Wow! It looked cool! ;)

I still haven't get to do my PotC2 Elizabeth Pirate-Inspired Outfit yet as been busy working. Well, am making it for the heck of it so there is time. :p

23. Maulested

Jul 10, 2005
    awesome boots!
    i wore my chinese lizzie outfit on friday at civ with full amidala makeup to play on the outfit kiera wore as sabe at the end of episode one... fun!

24. Orliaan-Nabberie

Dec 17, 2005
    Fantastic job, Miba!

I got some navy broadcloth yesterday to make Eliz's spa tunic. I realized after buying that the fabric from the outfit is actually really teal and has a kind of Chinese-style print on it in some places (or it looks like it), but it was hard to see and I was sort of going off memory. Oh, well.

25. Senni

Senni Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2006
    Nostradamus I have been wondering for while if you made the hat too, or if you bought it. If you made it did you use a pattern? Which one? If you bought it may I ask from where? It's a really great costume (I hope I do half as well on the one I'm working on now) and that is one wicked mask [face_skull].

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.