main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Pirate's Of The Mon Calamari *'Part 6 5/8* (ABC Challenge)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Healer_Leona , Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Mouse - Yeah, Barb came to mind and that's when I knew I had another post. :D

Knight_Dilettante - This little idea has given me bunny-itis, though I do wish it would let me in on where it was going. LOL

Sarka - Glad you're enjoying it!

Layren - Who doesn't like to see those two in a good workout? ;)

Rogue_JediKnight - Thanks. I'd have to admit to enjoying writing those parts too. [face_blush]

Diane - Now that's something an author loves to hear when it's what they're after. Thank you! :D

Gina - I took the Obifans love of him and decided he just might love himself as much. ;)

Miana - Wha?? You like Obi-Wan??? LOL!

Jemmiah - Hey, I never said it was torturous.. maybe only in the not having of them. ;)

tangled_sphere - Aww, thank you my dear.

Kitara - Thanks. I didn't think much would come from it.

Kit - Hard especially for a newbie to it.. I've been checking pirate sites just to get names of parts of the ships. LOL!

Okay, on with the next part. You know, I really wish they would come up with a few more Y and Z words. :D

After setting sail again, the Splendiferous ran into a raging storm that rocked the sea faring vessel on violent waves that threatened to pull her apart. Balancing precariously on bowsprit, wind and rain swept, Obi the Beautiful knotted off a jib that had come loose in the squall. Coarse words spewed forth of their own accord for the crewman that missed this deterioration of the rigging. Death was dealt for far more minor offenses on the Splendiferous and this could have cost not just lives, but the destruction of Jinn?s pride and joy.

Eager to out of the elements, he finished his rounds and carefully threaded his way to the captain?s quarters, passing only one other person on his way.

?Forgiveness please, young sir,? the thin and scraggly pirate beseeched, ?I?d been meaning to take care o that line just this morning sir? truly I was.?

Gracious of voice, the first mate soothed the man?s fears, moving on as the ship suddenly listed hard on their side. Holding onto a line as the ship pitched radically, Obi ducked, then careened into the helpless man, instantly shouldering him up and over the bow and into the cold and unforgiving depths of the sea.

?Idiot,? he thought cynically, no way was he giving that dreg a second chance to sink the very ship he had plans to one day captain. Justice is what he should expect both above the water?s surface and below with the fish.

Knuckles had been poised to rap on the captain?s door when a baritone voice from inside bid him enter. Lightning flashed through both stained glass windows and circular portholes casting sudden broken colors and beams of hot white light into the dimly lit room.

?Morning should see us in port,? the First Mate announced.

Nodding, the captain?s attention never wavered from the ornate chest the rested on the table before him.

Observing Black Jinn?s engrossment, Obi strode to a desk laden with a variety of bottles and glasses and wordlessly poured himself a drink. ?Perhaps on shore we can recruit a few more men,? Obi the Beautiful stated between sips, fearful of the captain?s reaction.

Quaffing his drink nervously as the Barbarian?s calculating eye slowly rose to meet his own, he continued. ?Remissive lout neglecting orders,? he stammered defensively, spilling a spot of red wine on his already soaked shirt that instantly spread eagerly down his chest. ?So I gave him a taste of how merciless the blue could be with sluggards.?

?That so,? Jinn questioned, the only response on his implacable face was the meager arching of an eyebrow.

"Unsatisfactory work ethics are dealt with utmost severity on the high seas,? he repeated a recruitment line heard oft enough from the captain, all the while dabbi

2. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    LOL!

I like ruthless Obi the Beautiful. I've no idea where you are going but I'm now watching with great interest to see how long you can keep going.

Very impressive.

KD

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    This is only better better and better. :)

Great job, Leona! :D

4. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    This is fantastic Leona! Your imagery is wonderful. I could so picture the stain spreading its way slowly through Obi's soaked shirt.

Great, with all that nautical talk you've got me wanting to go watch Hornblower. Not that it's really that hard too though. ;)

5. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Oh my. I just found this. Marvelous! And a bit frightening.

Will there be lovely damsels in distress? Perhaps a merchant ship to board and plunder? A hurricane sweeping from the south? A rival pirate ship captained by the stunning Tahl the Terrible and her first mate, Siri the Super-fantastic?

Looking forward to more!

6. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

This is great! Go plot bunnies, go! :D :)

7. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    I'll happily get rid of the wine off Obi-wan's chest...
    :)

Again it was fabulous Leona! Can't wait who they pick up next...Mace could make for an excellent pirate with an open vest and a big gold earring too.

Kithera

8. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Yow...! (Sorry, fell of chair laughing :D). Wonderful job, so far, HL [face_laugh]...Obi the beautiful and the big bad Barb. (it's getting more and more difficult to come up with Xs, Ys and Zs, huh ?:) )

At the risk of over-taxing bunnies...when's the next ? <grin>

9. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Awww, I'm thrilled that everyone is having funa and enjoying, but I must make a special announcement...

The Writers Race has now been completed and I must shout a big bravo to the top winners:

1st Place is duskwings

2nd Place: DarthIshtar and Drabbo_Fett

3rd Place: Indra

along with these top winners I must congrats all the others who particiated as they are the reason it was fun

agentj
    Analise
    dianethx
    ElenaJaina_and_Jag
    JediNemesis
    jodiwent
    kateydidnt
    Knight_Dilettante
    Lady_Jedi_Carenix
    LadyPadme
    Lusa_Thul
    maychorian
    Myri_Antilles
    pokey1984
    SabyneAmberle
    Shaindl
    Wilhelmina

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

Plus it wouldn't have happened at all without Kettch who put it all together. Thank you for loads of fun and inspiration. [:D] [:D]

10. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Getting more and more difficult when I've got to resort to SW words for those pesky Z's. LOL! Even so here's the next installment.

As dawn saw the expiration of the storm, the morning sun rose over the sea in a blaze of fiery orange and magentas. "Blast these worthless deckhands," Black Jinn slammed his spyglass closed, angered upon seeing land not far off and he'd not as yet been apprised. "Can't trust a one of them," his vexed gaze immediately sending a nimble crewman shimmying up the rigging to the crow?s nest. "Damn bird shoulda squawked by now," he stood stiff, arms akimbo waiting

"Empty,? yelled the spry man gazing into what was barely more than a basket and immediately the captain shot a questioning gaze to his first mate.

?Find blame elsewhere?s, I touched neither hide nor hair of that man,? Obi contested hotly, hands raised in denial. ?Gods sometimes extract a fierce tariff for safe passage crossing their seas.?

Heads nodded in agreement and not a few of the more superstitious men clutched at the charms and talismans they wore, murmuring broken prayers in numerous languages.

"I want a full compliment ready in three quarter?s hour,? the captain ordered, ?we need fresh supplies and crew. Just volunteers this time,? he decreed resolutely before retreating to his berth, ?conscripts and shanghaied men offer little in the way of loyalties.?

?Kindly close the door behind you,? the muscular pirate instructed Obi the Beautiful as he followed him into his room.

?Looks like you?re still haven?t opened the boxed,? Obi commented wryly upon seeing the chest sitting still as of yet firmly locked. Maneuvering himself in front of it, the first mate rotated the chest, attempting to pry it open with sheer force.

?Needs a key,? Obi growled with frustration as he shoved the chest across the table.

?Obvious deduction,? Black Jinn retorted, catching the box before it slipped onto the floor, ?Perhaps old Cantankerous made mention of one before he departed this world??

?Quavered at the very end,? Obi?s eyes glazed over in reminiscence, an eerie and cruel smile lifting the corners of his mouth, ?spilled his guts he did in more than one way, though naught was said of any key.?

Ramming his enclosed fist on the table, the chest suddenly leapt to the air seemingly of its own accord before flinging itself against the far wall. ?Sithspit,? the captain raged, ?last thing I wanted to do was to have ask help of that mutant frog-spawned troll. There?s no telling what price the little goblin may ask in return.?

Unconsciously, Obi the Beautiful tapped two fingers to his brow, an ancient yet recognizable protection sign against magic, not looking the least apologetic as Black Jinn noticed the superstitious demonstration.

?Voice of the Mind?s Eye he may be,? Jinn the Barbarian laid a comforting hand to his first mate?s shoulder, ? but a strong mind you carry, able to withstand the troll?s magical advances and even more important,? he continued as he slid his own finely edged cutlass into its scabbard, ?even the wee wizard is mortal.?

?We?ll be more than a match for him,? the gleam return to Obi?s eyes and his smile widened further.

?Yes we will,? Black Jinn chuckled in kind at the confidence Obi exuded, ?I?ll even buy first round, Black Alderaani Rum!?

Zadarian brandy spritzer for me please,? the first mate grimaced at the idea of such a grotesque and harsh drink, "I do have my voice to think about."

11. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    I don't know how you manage to keep doing it! I'd have been well and truly stumped! I take my hat off to you, Leona! :)

12. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    Oh ho, very interesting! Again I say, "Bravo!"

I can't believe you aren't alphabetted out yet. [face_laugh] I don't think I could have made it past three posts personally. If that far, considering how easily I keep mixing up the alphabet.

KD

13. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Lovely and so funny. Gotta love Obi the Beautiful and Black Jinn. I'm also amazed at how you are doing it with the alphabet!

Looking forward to the troll. LOL.

14. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    You are incredible Leona!

I would have been stumped at the first challenge. But please keep writing these! I look forward to reading the next chapter! :)

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Oh gosh, I just tried to picture Yoda as a pirate. [face_laugh]

Excellent job, Leona. :D

16. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    =D= I tip my hat to you, Healer_Leona. I wouldn't have been able to make it through one post, yet you make this more lovable and humorous with each alphabetical addition. :D So, will we soon be seeing a pirate Yoda?!? Given the little guy's already strange speech pattern, adding "piratespeak" into the mix will no doubt yield hilarious results!

Looking forward to more.

17. DreamOfKenobi

DreamOfKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2004
    Whew! That must have been exhausting to write! =D=

18. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Gotta love these pirates! This is not easy to do, great job! :D

19. Rogue_JediKnight

Rogue_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    spilled his guts he did in more than one way

Whew, rough bunch [face_sick] - I like it [face_mischief]

mutant frog-spawned troll

Heehee - poor Yoda - looks like the boys are gunning for him now.

Great job Healer_Leona :D

Rogue

20. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Took a bit longer with busy-ness happening. Still not sure where it's going as it leads me. :D :D

Jemmiah, thanks for the hat Jem!! Hope there's some tricks in it I can use. :D

k_d, hopefully I can continue to keep everyone interested and coming back. [fingers crossed]

Diane, I think the troll will show up next post... but who knows at it's slowly writing itself.

Mouse, aww, thank you kindly. [face_blush]

Miana, Who knows if Yoda's a pirate or a barmaid yet?? Hmm, that could be interesting now. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Gina, Thank you, piratespeak mixed with Yodaspeak will prove interesting. LOL

DreamOfKenobi, Actually this next post proved trickier and we'll see if it turned out okay.

t_s, Thanks... and how's masterhood going?? :D

Rogue, Heehee - poor Yoda - looks like the boys are gunning for him now... who knows who's out looking for them though.... ;)

Okay let's see how this works................

All around them, beings of different origins went about their business in the bustling town. Blind to them all, Black Jinn the Barbarian, treasure chest tucked loosely under one arm, made a thranta line across the town square as those in his path hastened to avoid being trampled under by the large man.

Critical eye on all around them, Obi the Beautiful followed a few paces behind alert and prepared for any dangers that may befall them as his captain lead the way to their destination. Denizens of the growing port were familiar with pirates in general and unless provoked by the rowdy and drunken antics of crewmen on shore leave were prone to tolerate them without incident. Else wise, as their own faces were also highly recognizable, it stood to reason there could be those in the vicinity out looking to instigate trouble or even an old score.

For these very reasons it was that the young first mate took heed of the four individuals that made to furtively surround them. Gearing up for the inevitable battle over possession of the mysterious box, the young pirate was gratified to see the sudden, yet casual shifting of the chest the captain carried. He recognized that Jinn had also ascertained the danger and was preparing himself as well. Instinctively, Obi quickened his pace to close the distance between himself and his commander.

?Jinn,? a brusque and grizzled voice called out, ?seein as the box you be carr?in once b?longed to me own twin brother, I?ve come to take it?s burden off yer hands and claim my inheritance.? Knobby and disfigured, a pale and hirsute being strutted in front of the pirate pair, a small and deadly blaster aimed their way.

Lingering in a world of delusions I see,? Black Jinn leveled a fearless glare at the man who dared to impede him, all the while assessing the threat around him. ?Might be the only thing you?re kin to is a diseased vampki and even it would have more rights to this chest then you,? the pirate captain seemed to bobbled the crate for emphasis.

Nimbly and without hesitatation, the robust captain unexpectantly volleyed the solid chest at his adversary with such force it knocked the man to his knees and before he could regain his feet, Black Jinn the Barbarian had plunged his sword deep into the fallen man.

Others rushed into the fray and Obi the Beautiful held his own against two with long blade in one hand and short blade in another. Pirouetting, the dashing young pirate blocked the jab of one assailant's sword with a stroke of his own and in twisting closer, ran his serrated dagger across the man's throat. Quickly, as the second foe attempted to take advantage of the hindrance his flailing and dying confederate had become, Obi swung the weakening man between them and as the oncoming enemy inadvertently speared his friend, Obi drove his own cutlass deep into his crazed attacker.

?Reprehensible vrelt,? Jinn's curse was almost amused as he engaged his own anta

21. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Still loving it. It was your last....LOL. Such a barbarian is our Jinn... Very funny. Looking forward to more.

22. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Yay! More piratey goodness! Fighting, slashing, gashing, gory goodness too.

'M lovin' it.

23. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yoda the barmaid... :eek: Force, that would be funny!!

Leona, you just amaze me at this. This is too great! :D

24. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful! =D=

25. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    OK, I'm impressed. I was before, but I really, really am now. =D= Brava! =D=

I love this!

KD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.