Pittsburgh Comic Con Update!

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh, PA' started by Noble_Kale, Feb 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saberpilot Jedi Master

star 4
    *claps*
    Thank you sooo much, Chad! Now I just have to wear the parents down so that I can skip that Friday from school..
    *does happy jedi dance!*
  2. RebelDawn Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you Jeffysan :) I would like to be able to make. 'Specially on the day that Peter Mayhew will be there!
  3. SithTahiri Jedi Knight

star 3
    Umm here is a really stupid question what time is it?
  4. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    any further updates on this? :)
  5. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    According to Peter Mayhew's website he will be elsewhere.

Go to

www.petermayhew.com

to see it for yourself.

I really hope this is not the case, as I really wanted to see the great Wookie in person.
  6. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Arrrggghhh! No, say it ain't so! I was all excited! I was going to see if he would autograph both my first edition ANH novelization AND the photo of him & me from CII . . .

:_|
  7. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
  8. Saberpilot Jedi Master

star 4
  9. Noble_Kale Jedi Knight

star 2
    I am not sure what is going go with Peter Mayhew. I am unable to go and meet with the ComiCon promoters now that I have gotten a promotion at work and I am all daylight now.

As I posted earlier in this thread, after myself and CK's last meeting with the promoters, "... However, Peter and the other actors coming with him will only be at the Con for Saturday only..."

So there is still a chance he MIGHT still be able to attend but I DO NOT know for sure!
  10. CrusaderX Jedi Padawan

Hi, all. I live in nearby Weirton, WV and I'll be attending the Comic Con on Saturday. Hope to see some of you there!
  11. Noble_Kale Jedi Knight

star 2
    4/8/03 - UPDATE

Star Wars illustrator and comic book artist added to 'Guest List' for Comicon!

Joe Corroney is a professional Star Wars illustrator and comic book artist. He has worked as an official Star Wars artist for Lucasfilm for the past 7 years on Star Wars related books, games and magazines and has worked on a variety of comic books and RPGs for publishers as well. Check out his official website to see his work and what he is all about.

P.S. - No news to report on Peter Mayhew

NK
  12. Saberpilot Jedi Master

star 4
    I saw that in the ComiCon newsletter that he was going to be there..
    *dreams*
    Whitney, can I draw you a custom drawing with Mara and Luke in it?
    *end dream*
    It's nice to dream, isn't it? ^_~
  13. Oreckel Jedi Knight

star 3
    What's the comicon going to cost?
  14. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    $17 dollars a day, or $45 for a three day pass.

We can order in advance a few $40 three day passes because we have a table there. If anyone is interested contact me by next Wed. April 16 (evening) I will order them and then just pay me when you see me at the Comicon (where you will be able to pick up your pass) I don't know what the limit on the number I can order is, so it will be a very much first come first serve.

However, if you order one of the $40 passes, since the discount comes with the Comicon table, I don't think its unreasonable to say that means you will sign up to work at least an hour or two at the table (contact Rox for the schedule)
  15. Saberpilot Jedi Master

star 4
    *raises hand*
    I most likely will be buying one of the three day passes- and I'm more than happy to work the table for an hour or two. :)
    I will let you know definately by the 16th. And I'm going to have a special costume, as well- not just my imperial or jedi costume. ^_~
  16. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    GC you know I've already commited to buying a three day pass and I'll work as many hours as needed. I'm sure over three days I'll be able to see the whole Con so it doesn't matter to me when I'll be working. Although, I do want to see the panel of SW ladies so I won't be available for just that time. Any other time is fine for me to work the event.

EDIT: D'oh, I forgot, I'll be a lillte late on Saturday as I'll need to go to my bank to get money. I should arrive at the con around 11:30 am. Hope that doesn't put a crinkle in any plans.
  17. corran_16201 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Okay heres a kinda dumb question. I rember not last year but the con before that the day of the costume contest it was free admittance for those in costume. Just curious if there doing that this year didn't see anything on the homepage but I didn't that year either.
  18. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Don't know? Email the people on the Con's website. They're pretty quick to respond.
  19. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Not sure if you heard yet or not but Peter Mayhew has confirmed with Chiller Con in NYC that weekend and is having dinner with Jeromy bulloch and SWNYC saturday..........so we know he wont be at the comicon saturday :(
  20. corran_16201 Jedi Knight

star 3
    this might make up for peter not being there well maybe only a little bit

It is admittance is free sunday for costumed folks.

Yippie! theres $17 towards more stuff!!
  21. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    so, if Sunday IS free for those in costume, does that effect people wanting me to order them $40 three-day passes? After all, 17 + 17 = 34.

Unless I hear different from those that have already posted, I will purchase you your $40 three day pass . . . and those that still want one, make sure to tell me by Weds evening.
  22. ZeroCool69 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sorry if this is a stupid question(which it is), but I'm a little confused as to what the current goings on for the Comicon is. I didn't think I would be able to make it, but now I can. So, I'm not exactly sure what is going on. I can work at the table, the only thing is I'd really like to see the Femmes of the Force thingy. But other than that, I cn do whatever. Any help here would be hot :p
  23. Saberpilot Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay- I will be there on Sat. & Sunday- so I'll only be paying $17 total, which is a good thing. :) I can't buy a three day pass (parents wouldn't budge.. *sigh*)
    *strapped for cash right now*
    My costume on saturday won't be SW appropriate, so I could work the table on Sunday some.
  24. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    sweeet! That means I only have to worry about hotel and dinner while I am there ;)
    yeehaw!
  25. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    hmmmmm, perhaps I should clarify that a bit ;)

Memembers of SWAP, who are also working the SWAP-501st table and who will pay Greencat back AT the comicon, may get a $40 three day pass.

But, as mentioned before, if Sunday is free to costume clad people . . .

Zero, go over to the Northeast convention thread on the Pittsburgh board. It contains some of the schedule, plus a link to the pittsburgh comicon site. Contact Rox for the times people are needed at the table.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.