main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Pittsburgh Comicon information thread - April 21st to April 23rd.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthLucanas, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I am posting this here from the Pittsburgh Forums

Pittsburgh Comicon
    April 21-23
    Pittsburgh ExpoMart

SWAP will run a table and charity raffle, conduct several panels (costuming, props, etc), and host the Fan Force Awards Banquet.

SWAP Table
    Prefered method of contact: email, vlattimo@gmail.com
    Info:
    There will be a volunteer schedule. I need someone that can commit to a friday for sure. I will be there friday but I'd like to have someone there with me to give breaks or whatever. I will post a sign up sheet at the February meeting. If you do choose to sign up for a period of time please show up for it. If you can't make it please make arrangements with me in advance so I can find a replacement.

I'm working on a 4 page brochure focusing on us for the con. I have limited space available if anyone would like to contribute. Other things I need for the table: a banner, photo albums, ???you guys tell me???

Check in point for other Fan Forces...If you are coming from out of state please stop on by and say hi. This is also where you can stop and check in for the banquet. More details to come from greencat on that.

Charity Raffle
    Prefered method of contact: email, vlattimo@gmail.com
    Info:
    If at all possible I would like to have two baskets for the raffle. A grand prize and a first runner up. I have commitments from two vendors for donations but that won't cover it. If you would like to donate something (no matter how small) for the baskets please let me know. The baskets themsleves will be donated from a local basket making company I have a contact for. The proceeds from the raffle will go to the Sago Mine Fund to help the families of the mine tragedy.

Fan Force Awards Banquet
    Info: Fan Force Awards Banquet Thread.

Panels
    Info:
    The Tragedy of Star Wars The original trilogy has long been accepted as an example of the classic heros' journey of Mythology. Explore the idea of the prequel trilogy as a greek tragedy with it's hero doomed to fall because of his fatal flaws. Sponsored by the Star Wars Association of Pittsburgh.
    (Saturday 11:00-12:00PM, in Radisson Monroe II)

Star Wars Collecting

The basics of Star Wars collecting, including advice on buying, selling, condition, grading and displaying. Sponsored by the Star Wars Association of Pittsburgh.
    (Saturday 2:00-3:00PM, in Radisson Monroe II)

Building Your Own Lightsaber

Learn techniques of building a custom lightsaber hilt using a varity of approaches, materials and skill levels. Sponsored by the Star Wars Association of Pittsburgh.
    (Saturday 4:00-5:00PM, in Radisson Monroe II)

Star Wars Costuming

A presentation on costuming from developing a pattern to the finished product, including a question and answer peroid. Sposored by the Star Wars Association of Pittsburgh.
    (Sunday 11:00-12:00PM, in Radisson Monroe II)

2. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    This sounds pretty cool. I will be asking if I can get the time off tomorrow. I didn't today because I completely forgot once I got into work and saw I had 4 cars in my bay and no idea what was going on with any of them. lol

3. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Here are some links for you guys if you can attend:

The Star Wars page for the Comicon is located hear.

The deadline for ordering a ticket to the Fan Force banquet is April 7. For more ticket info please visit this thread.

For more info on the Awards Banquet please visit this thread.

PM me if you have any questions.

4. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Rox posted this information on the Northeast Regional Discussion boards.

On Saturday they are showing all the Star Wars movies back to back in the movie marathon room. Plus they are showing a Star Wars Fan Film after Aotc. If you have down time on saturday that would be the room to check out.

SATURDAY April 22, 2006
    10:00 am
    PHANTON MENACE (PG)
    12:30 pm
    ATTACK OF THE CLONES (PG)
    3:00 pm
    Encore Presentation: STAR WARS FAN FILM: REIGN OF THE FALLEN
    4:00 pm
    REVENGE OF THE SITH (PG-13)
    6:30 pm
    A NEW HOPE SP. ED. (PG)
    9:00 pm
    EMPIRE STRIKES BACK SP. ED. (PG)
    11:30 pm
    RETURN OF THE JEDI SP. ED. (PG
    )

5. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    up'ing this to remind everyone I will need a costumed group photo of your group is you would like to compete for the Costume award.

Also if you have any fun photos of any events or just the group you would like to send in fpr the slideshow I would be happy to put them in :)

6. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Hey guys I am heading out Thursday night to New Jersey and then Friday heading out to Pittsburgh for the convention.

If there is anything you would like me to be looking for let me know.

Sometimes the cons have good deals on collectibles and stuff.

I have everyone's cell phone number if I don't PM it to me.

I won't have computer access for a few days so I won't be on from Thursday to Sunday.

7. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Hey guys I didn't get back from the trip until 1:00 a.m. this morning about 12 hours with traffic in PA.

I had a great time Marie,Gary, and I shared a room and traveled there together.
    Met up with RJ there too.

Got Ray Park to autograph my figure :)

Met up with the Pittsbugh fanforce on Friday night and had some beverages and eats with them.

Went to Heinz (home of the Steelers) on Sunday with Gary and Marie (Marie is a huge Steelers fan) and stopped by PNC Park, the home of the Pirates.

Next years awards look to be in New Jersey alot closer..thank goodness.

8. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Welcome back Chris. Sounds like you had a great time down there.

9. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Sounds like a good time Chris. I would like to say I could go next year, but with the possibility of C4 next April or May I need to pick and choose my battles with the ol' lady. lol I would like to go to Jersey though never been there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.