main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Pittsburgh Comicon & NE FanForce Awards

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Reminder - just a few days left to get in those nominations!

~Doc_Bev

2. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Reminder - there is less than 3 weeks left to purchase your banquet tickets.
    http://boards.theforce.net/northeast_regional_discussion/b10088/26235370/p1/?11

~Doc_Bev

3. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Anyone from Rochester heading to the Con/Awards?

4. WattosWrath

WattosWrath Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2006
    Just wanted to share this info for those that don't get a newsletter from the Pittsburgh Con.

Anyone with a Grievous statue, get it ready to be signed. He is coming to Pittsburgh. I met him at C3 and seemed to be a very nice person.

Hey all you Comicon Crazies,

The Countdown to Pittsburgh Comicon 2007 is beginning with just days to go, but don't think just because the con is just around the corner that we are resting on our laurels. Oh-no, we still have plenty to announce. Just earlier today we added twenty new guests to the guest list, including:

? Current X-Factor artist, KHOI PHAM

and from STAR WARS:REVENGE OF THE SITH

? General Grievous, MATTHEW WOOD

For a full list of guests check out www.pittsburghcomicon.com/guests.html

With the addition of General Grievous, we've scheduled a Q & A involving all our Star Wars Guests, including Peter (Chewbacca) Mayhew and Wayne (Gov. Tarkin) Pygram. All the new events are as follows:

? FRIDAY 3:00 - STAR WARS' GUESTS Q & A

? FRIDAY 6:00 - GHOST HUNTING Take a look at paranormal phenomenon with GHOST HUNTER-Steve Gonsalves and from One Night at Prospect Place, Dan Gorman and Joe Dutt

? SATURDAY 12:00 - SPECIAL SCREENING: ONE NIGHT AT PROSPECT PLACE, a documentary about one of the U.S.'s most haunted mansions with director Dan Gorman

? SATURDAY 2:00 - CREATING COMICS WITH DAVE CAMPITI, super-agent Dave Campiti wants to help you make it in comics.

? SATURDAY 3:00 - TATTOO CONTEST sponsored by Jester Court Tattoo and the Star Wars Association of Pittsburgh, Cash Prizes.

See www.pittsburghcomicon.com/events.html for details on all these new events.

? We also just added a HORRORCLIX event to our gaming schedule at 3:00 pm on Saturday. For a full gaming schedule check: www.pittsburghcomicon.com/gaming_schedule.html

Lastly, we've made a HUGE update to the Charity Auction Page
    CGC, Comics Guaranty has been generous enough to donate the grading of over 70 comics for the 2007 Charity Auction.
    For a sample of what you can look forward to head on over to www.pittsburghcomicon.com/charityauction.html

OK that's it for now, but with just mere days left until Comicon 2007, we still may have some surprises up our sleeves, so stay tuned.

Patrick A. Thomas
    Pittsburgh Comicon - Marketing Director

Pittsburgh Comicon
    April 27, 28, 29 - 2007
    Pittsburgh Expomart - Monroeville, PA
    www.pittsburghcomicon.com
    pittsburghcomicon@adelphia.net
    1002 Graham Ave.
    Windber, PA 15963
    814-467-4116
    814-467-4416

Visit http://www.pittsburghcomicon.com for more!

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Thanks for the heads up! I hadn't read that yet.
    Matthew Wood is a pretty cool guy. I saw him at CIII as well as CNSFX and both times he was great.

I wish we could afford to go to all great cons this year, but we're not doing PCC this time around.

~Doc_Bev

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I encourage everyone to head over to this thread
    http://boards.theforce.net/northeast_regional_discussion/b10088/26551526/p1/?0
    to check out the 3 FanFilms that were submitted for the NE FF Awards.

Now that we finally got Connor his own PC, I don't have to worry about sharing PC time but now I lost my speakers and have to wait until I can get on his PC to listen to the fan films. :p

~Doc_Bev

7. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    just checking to see if anyone is going to this from rochester? :)

8. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    It sounds like the FanForce part of this events went well - North Ridge took home many awards this year, but I haven't seen the complete list of winners yet.

Unfortunately, I've heard that the Comic Con part was a disappointment - to comic fans at least. There were a dozen guest cancellations (I know Michael Turner was one of them due to his health) and there was a much smaller dealer selection that at past PCCs.

Oh well, I'm sure it would have still been more fun than cleaning my garage. :p

~Doc_Bev

9. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I will post winners tonight when I get home ;)

10. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Congratulations team! The Rebellion won the Leia award again this year! =D=
    The Leia award is given out to chapters who have been actively involved in charity events within their own community and have contributed to their chapter's hometown in some way.

~Doc_Bev

11. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Awesome , Great news!

12. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    For a full listing of nominees and winners - check this thread:
    http://boards.theforce.net/northeast_regional_discussion/b10088/26651919/p1/?0

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.