Pittsburgh ComiCON, "Official" Invitation!

Discussion in 'Clarksburg/Bridgeport, WV' started by jedi_master_sal, Feb 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi folks. Sorry to invade...

You may remember me from last year. We met up with some of you good folk at ComiCon last year and would like to do that again. I'm also attempting to get folks from D.C. as well as Cleveland to join us for a big shin-dig. It's always fun to have multi-FF gatherings, so I'm officially inviting your group to come up to Pittsburgh's ComiCon this year.

"Official Info"

Date: April 30-May 2
    Where: Pittsburgh ExpoMart (Monroeville, just east of Pittsburgh)
    Cost: Admission is $17 a day or a three day pass for $45. Also, if you come in costume on Sunday May 2nd you get in free!

You can go here: Pittsburgh ComiCON for official details about the con and see who's going to be guest appearing.

Here are some blurbs about Star Wars related folk:

AILSA BERK
    Ailsa Berk puppetted the unlikely form of the leech-like bounty hunter, Amanaman from Jabba the Hutt's palace shortly before the battle of Endor in Star Wars: The Return of the Jedi. Entering the costume from a panel in the back, Ailsa articulated Amanaman's mouth and body while other puppeteers animated his arms from off screen. Ailsa has also brought characters to life in other films including Tarzan's ape mother, Kolo in The Legend of Tarzan: Lord of the Apes. She has also worked on Return to OZ and Hans My Hedgehog.

RENA OWEN
    Rena Owen portrayed the beautiful sylph-like Kaminoan, Taun We in Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones. Rena began her acting career in London in the mid 80s. She trained at the Actors Institute and worked in British Theater. Since then she has become one of New Zealand?s most successful actresses and its most recognizable star in the film community. Rena won Best Actress Awards at the Montreal, Oporto, Seattle and San Diego and Cannes Film Festiveals for her performance as Beth Heke in Once Were Warriors, (One of Time Magazines Top 10 movies for 1995.) Her first feature film was a supporting role in Kevin Costner?s Rapa Nui in 1993. Since then she has appeared in such films as: AI, Soul Assissins, Roimata, I?ll Make You Happy, What Becomes of the Brokenhearted and When Love Comes, Vaudeville House and Dance Me to My Song, which again garnered Rena a 1998 Cannes Film Festival Best Supporting Actress nomination. She has also appeared in various New Zealand and Australian Television series as well as appearing in the US in Gideon?s Crossing and portraying the Demigoddess Dinza on the WB series Angel. In 2003, Rena will appeared as: a pre-colonial Warrior Woman in an Indie film shot in Fiji, Fire in the Womb, a Hit Woman in a Los Angeles short film, Sidney, a Tibetan Nun gone wrong in a Martial Arts film for Sunset Studios USA and a Psycho Killer in a Lions Gate feature, Paper Scissors Stone, set and shot in Toronto. In addition to acting, Rena Owen has been a writer, director and producer. Rena will be returning to the Star Wars series with Episode III. She will be portraying a senator, but that's all we can tell you because by LucasFilm mandate if you knew any more we'd have to kill you. Check Rena's website at: www.renaowen.com

ORLI SHOSHAN
    Making her first appearance in the US, Orli Shoshan portrayed the colorful Togruta Jedi, Shaak-Ti from Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. Having survived the battle on Geonosis, look for Orli and Shaak-Ti as she'll be appearing in Star Wars Episode III. Orli is a Australian super-model with her own clothing line, appropiately called Orli. You can check out her clothing line at her website: www.orli.com.au

AND we believe AMY ALLEN is also going to be in attendance. She was the Blue Twi'Lek Jedi "Aayla Secura" in AOTC. She was there last year and is a very friendly person.

Here's the ExpoMart's official website should you need more info on location:

ExpoMart

There's plenty of hotels should you wish to stay over. One connected right to the ExpoMart (although that may be a tad expensive)

So, let us know if
  2. Darth_Raptor FanForce CR & Webmaster, Clarksburg, WV

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Thanks for the invite! From talks we had last meeting looks like many of us will be able to attend again this year :)
  3. Ithorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thanks, for the invite, Sal!

Of course, we'd love to attend! :D
  4. -Fettish- Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yay! More fun activities! I'm looking forward to the Comicon and seeing you all again! :D

-Fettish
  5. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Got some new info for you folks...

The "Official" SWAP day (where most of us will be attending) is Saturday. And the shindig that we're planning on throwing for the multi-FF meet is going down Saturday night roundabouts 7 - 7:30 at a place called John Harvard's. (Just down the street from the 'con.) It's a restaurant where we're pretty sure we can score a private room.

If anyone's interested in joining the "par-tay," we need an absolute, official head-count of those definitely coming by April 20th, so we can set reservations.

Looking forward to seeing you folks again!

Can't wait for Survivor tonite,
    Yours Truly
  6. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    That's Saturday May 1st! After the dinner, we will be partying at Terry's suite in the hotel connected to the CON. Much like we did last year.

Hope you can attend.

Also there is the Pittsburgh Toy Show that same weekend on the other side of the expomart. Admission for that is only $5. I plan on hitting that at 10am then meeting with my group at Noon. So if your coming meet us at noon or if you want to scour the toy show, LMK, and we can meet up before then and hunt down some good SW toy deals.

-Sal
  7. Dark-Wolf Jedi Knight

/drool Toy show you say?

I've never been to one, guess Ill have to make it to my first. I am pretty good at huntnig down figures at low prices, so Im curious. Are the prices for some of the stuff there pretty good? or is it like the comicon and some are good and some are bad? Either way, Ill be attending that. It'd right up my alley. Thanks for the heads up!
  8. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    It's like the comicon. Some good some bad. But pricing is up to your own interpretation. Something I may think is a good price you may not go for, vice-versa.
  9. MistressDragonFox Jedi Knight

Why do they have to do this to me?!!? I wanted to go for my first year... but they put it on PROM weekend.... Sigh. Is anyone not going until Sunday that I could fetch a ride from who's close to Moundsville? Our Prom's the Saturday. It would be appreciated.
  10. -Fettish- Jedi Knight

star 3
    How much is the dinner thingy Saturday night? I remember last year there was a flat fee... I need to know how much it is gonna be...

-Fettish :)
  11. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll get back to you on that, but from what I understand (and I could be wrong), it is order from the menu. I'm going to contact Greencat (one of our members) who's in charge of this to see what's up and post my findings when get them. For now I'd say $15-20 for dinner to be safe. (It shouldn't be more but could be less)

Hope that helps,
    -Sal
  12. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Everyone is going to order from the menu, so each person is responsible for paying for what he or she ordered. $20 will get you a very large dinner, easily. If you are on a tighter budget, you might be able to get a nice dinner for $12 or so (burger/sandwich and fries with a soft drink, including tax and tip)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.